8.0

1. Nov 24, 2014
    Wii U sale a la luz con un excelente juego de lanzamiento, este Mario supera al de Wii con mejores niveles, mas creativos, y ver a Mario por primera vez en HD, el OST es muy bueno y parece un Super Mario World HD, es un excelente juego, un Mario por excelencia, hermosos paisajes, mundos, y la batalla final es épica.

Lo único malo es que para ser un juego de Miyamoto y para Wii U no trae

Lo único malo es que para ser un juego de Miyamoto y para Wii U no trae nada de innovador con el game pad, poner plataformas te aburre después de jugar 2 niveles, muy pobre el uso de game pad. este juego es de 9.5 pero no puedo calificarlo así
  2. Nov 11, 2014
    Easily the best in the New Super Mario Bros series. Even though it offers almost nothing new, the beautiful graphics from the wii u and the fluent game play makes it easily the best.
  3. Oct 28, 2014
    A brilliantly polished 2D Mario title that doesn’t do much new, but doesn’t do much wrong either.

To start with I’d like to point out I’m hardly a 2D Mario expert, Mario 64 was my introduction to the series and my only real experience of 2D Mario games up until recently was the original Gameboy titles, I’m reliably informed those are outliers in the series. I very quickly found out that removing a dimension instantly made me rubbish at a game I’m usually good at and it took me a lot of practice to get good. Once I did however I started having a ball.

Visually it looks great, things popping out nicely in HD although if I’m going to be picky a little more vibrancy in the tone of 3D World would have been great.

The overworld is great and I’ve always liked the all levels fit a certain theme in the worlds approach, whether it be jungle, ice, or desert, there’s plenty of variety and I got a nice feeling of excitement on completing each world in anticipation of what the next world would be and how the levels were going to look. The individual levels are brilliantly designed too and all have some sort of level characteristic that isn’t repeated again making each level feel individual and ensuring that things never get repetitive, a rarity in the platformer world.

The gameplay - like the rest of the game - is polished to perfection with Mario’s mechanics feeling spot on, you feel in control despite his heavily momentum based mechanics. The difficulty curve is great and things get plenty challenging later in the game. The star coins add another level of difficulty for those who are up for the challenge.

Although I wasn’t compelled to collect all those star coins, doing so certainly adds length to a game that already has plenty of content. The star coins are very challenging at times and I found it too frustrating to go for them all but someone with more skill will likely enjoy the challenge and will be rewarded with some extra levels. I was more inclined to find the secret exits and their associated secret levels which I very much enjoyed. The secret levels were generally pretty short, but a lot of fun.

I hear that the music is basically recycled from all the previous ‘New Super Mario Bros.’ entries but as this is the first entry in the series I’ve played this didn’t bother me. I liked the music in general, it’s not amazing, but more than adequate although a little more variety would certainly have been welcome. I’m sure if you’ve played all the previous entries things will be starting to get a bit stale on the musical front by now at this point however and it’s a shame Nintendo didn’t put as much effort into the music as they clearly did the rest of the game.

The ability to play with 4 players is cool too, it’s certainly not the most optimal way to play the game, but a welcome addition nonetheless and I had a lot of fun playing co-op with a friend - even if I was losing lives like nobody’s business.

Overall this is a perfectly polished 2D Mario title with excellent and varied level design, a great overworld featuring plenty of secret exits, and plenty of content. The only things letting it down are the music, uninspired bosses, and how it doesn’t try much new. These nitpicks aside however it’s a brilliant polishing of a very enjoyable formula.
  4. Oct 23, 2014
    The game not only comes free for many of the Wii U's skews, but it's also a valuable game still marketed at nearly full price today, because you just can't beat Nintendo quality. The side-scrolling adventure is fun with 1-5 players and has a very fast paced, methodical nature. It's worlds are vibrantly colored and varied, and the game has a lot to keep you coming back for more.
  5. Aug 16, 2014
    This is not another NSMB game. Instead, this is Mario 3 and Mario World combined, creating an amazing and memorable experience that makes this by far my favorite 2d Mario game (and yes I've played through world and 3, which are 2 and 3 respectively). The graphics and sound are great, and as the first hd Mario game the colors really "pop." The game is easy to pick up and play by anyone.This is not another NSMB game. Instead, this is Mario 3 and Mario World combined, creating an amazing and memorable experience that makes this by far my favorite 2d Mario game (and yes I've played through world and 3, which are 2 and 3 respectively). The graphics and sound are great, and as the first hd Mario game the colors really "pop." The game is easy to pick up and play by anyone. An obvious buy for fans of Nintendo's most famous franchise. Expand
  6. Jul 31, 2014
    It's not anything new in the Mario franchise. Although I must say, the Wii U graphics make it looks pretty good. It's decent if you play alone, but it's obviously much more fun if you play with friends. And now, 5 players can play, with the one using the Gamepad serving as a 'boost' by putting blocks in strategic places to help players over pits or other dangers and by pushing awayIt's not anything new in the Mario franchise. Although I must say, the Wii U graphics make it looks pretty good. It's decent if you play alone, but it's obviously much more fun if you play with friends. And now, 5 players can play, with the one using the Gamepad serving as a 'boost' by putting blocks in strategic places to help players over pits or other dangers and by pushing away enemies. It's certainly not the best Mario platformer, but it's a pretty good Wii U title. 9/10 Expand
  7. Jul 5, 2014
    One of the best Games on the Wii U , Graphics Look Stunning , Its Old School Mario at its Best , definitely worth picking up a wii u to play all the mario games so far , mario kart 8 , new super luigi , mario 3d world ...
  8. Jun 21, 2014
    I just finished the first player story mode and I have to say -- I am impressed! It was easy to learn, but difficult to master. Some levels I died more than I'd like to admit -- but I always got a chuckle reading other players' postings to miiverse. Overall, I'd give this a 10/10. Next up -- New Super Luigi U!!!
  9. Apr 11, 2014
    This is one of the most captivating innovative titles released in a long time. Much better than that "hardcore" cinematic dreck Sony and Microsoft release... Directed by Satouwa Iwata himself he brings you an absolutely incredible game running at 1080p/90FPS filled to the brim with personality and insane secrets that keep you coming back for more and more. Each enemy has a different designThis is one of the most captivating innovative titles released in a long time. Much better than that "hardcore" cinematic dreck Sony and Microsoft release... Directed by Satouwa Iwata himself he brings you an absolutely incredible game running at 1080p/90FPS filled to the brim with personality and insane secrets that keep you coming back for more and more. Each enemy has a different design to help you on your way and the story is so ground breaking... But I will not spoil!

The worlds are extremely creative and have never been done before in any medium. When have you've jumped on flying octopus monkeys in cyber space while chasing a yellow carrot? Never! That's what. The music... Man, I can't even explain just how well done that music is. Recorded in the same studio as Mario Galaxy it really boils the tension and mood the story takes as you rescue your lover from an evil satan-like demon and his hellspawn.

I cannot express it in words... Buy a Wii U and get this game. You will not regret it one bit! It's by far one of the most truly unique games and Mr. iwata himself ensured this... Don't waste your money on a Playstation 4 which has literally no games and just indies and an Xbox One which apparently steals your information. No! You gotta get this game with a Wii U.
  10. Mar 16, 2014
    This game is perfect. Of the New Super Mario Bros line of games, this one is the best, by far. The visuals are gorgeous, the soundtrack is wonderful, and the levels are impeccably designed. The game is overall insanely difficult, especially the challenges, but I kept coming back even after all the frustration because watching the replay of yourself make a perfect run through a challenge isThis game is perfect. Of the New Super Mario Bros line of games, this one is the best, by far. The visuals are gorgeous, the soundtrack is wonderful, and the levels are impeccably designed. The game is overall insanely difficult, especially the challenges, but I kept coming back even after all the frustration because watching the replay of yourself make a perfect run through a challenge is just so dang satisfying. Expand
  11. Mar 14, 2014
    I'm trying to think of reasons why this game isn't a flawless 10/10 experience, and I am having a hard time doing so. This 2D platforming at it's finest. I'm amazed how how accessible this game is, too; a 5 year could play this and have a great time, yet a 25 year old can enjoy it just as much, maybe even more. Item collecting adds a great challenge (getting all of the star coins is aboutI'm trying to think of reasons why this game isn't a flawless 10/10 experience, and I am having a hard time doing so. This 2D platforming at it's finest. I'm amazed how how accessible this game is, too; a 5 year could play this and have a great time, yet a 25 year old can enjoy it just as much, maybe even more. Item collecting adds a great challenge (getting all of the star coins is about as difficult as any challenging game out there). Multiplayer is a ton of fun, but therein lies my only gripe with the game: trying to fit 4 players onto a small 2D world, let alone 2 players, presents its frustrating challenges. Many times I found myself launched into an infernal lava pit because I bumped into another player. MANY MANY TIMES. It's usually funny, but when you've played a hard level 20 times and keep dying because of bumping into other players while jumping...yeah, my one gripe. Otherwise, flawless 2D Mario fun! Expand
  12. Feb 21, 2014
    I beat it in only 2 days! It is a must play game. This time, it's really challenging. Best game of 2012 in my personal opinion. Better than Assassin's Creed 3.
  13. Nov 24, 2013
    This is the best 2.D. Super Mario since Super Mario Bros. 3. While it may seem like a simple 2.D. platform game, New Super Mario Bros. U is the true sequel to Super Mario World which was on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. While there is a lack of the lovable green dinosaur in this game in comparison to Super Mario World, gimmicks which made that game great happen to make this anThis is the best 2.D. Super Mario since Super Mario Bros. 3. While it may seem like a simple 2.D. platform game, New Super Mario Bros. U is the true sequel to Super Mario World which was on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. While there is a lack of the lovable green dinosaur in this game in comparison to Super Mario World, gimmicks which made that game great happen to make this an amazing platform game. There is a severe lack of wanting to replay this game...and it's a shame. Worth a buy if you're a fan of Super Mario. Expand
  14. Nov 15, 2013
    In my opinion New Super Mario Bros. U is The Best 2D Mario Game Ever Made! Take it from someone who loved super mario world and still plays it. NSMBU has it beat. Level are fun and get pretty challenging. the multiplayer changes the game in a cool way. not to mention the Challenge modes will keep you coming back for for! I'm glad nintendo started packing this game in with the system, causeIn my opinion New Super Mario Bros. U is The Best 2D Mario Game Ever Made! Take it from someone who loved super mario world and still plays it. NSMBU has it beat. Level are fun and get pretty challenging. the multiplayer changes the game in a cool way. not to mention the Challenge modes will keep you coming back for for! I'm glad nintendo started packing this game in with the system, cause it is a system seller like super Mario World was! Expand
  15. Oct 30, 2013
    Great game, been a console gamer without a wii, I haven't played a 2D mario game since the snes years. Beautiful game, one of the best 2D platformers out there. Maybe the only modern platformer that really works well. Great job nintendo with the level design. Too bad too many 2D mario games in 2 years, spoiled this game for many.
  16. Sep 5, 2013
    New Super Mario Bros. U is a gem in the Wii U Library and is a must for all Mario fans that own a Wii U. Though the game isn't that different from it's previous titles like New Super Mario Bros Wii. however the game is still filled with some new features like challenge mode and the Game Pad's features that include helping players out by adding platforms and the interactive Boost modeNew Super Mario Bros. U is a gem in the Wii U Library and is a must for all Mario fans that own a Wii U. Though the game isn't that different from it's previous titles like New Super Mario Bros Wii. however the game is still filled with some new features like challenge mode and the Game Pad's features that include helping players out by adding platforms and the interactive Boost mode (which sadly I haven't tried out yet due to that I wanted to play the game by myself). It may be a bit disappointing that Nintendo played it safe once again but this is still a solid Mario Title despite that. Expand
  17. Aug 19, 2013
    Great game. Yes, it is an old formula, but still a amazing one. It looks beautiful in HD and the challenges make a great bonus. The multiplayer with gamepad feels a little like cheating, but even with that the game can be challenging sometimes.
  18. Aug 9, 2013
    Definitely worth getting. I remember painstakingly making my way through Super Mario Bros on my NES, the frustration, the family/group fun, the regular passing of controllers at every death, the insisting you hit the jump button way before Mario fell to his death. ALL of that is in this game, and more. Multiplayer is awesome. I beat the game with 3 players(myself, my friend, and his wife)Definitely worth getting. I remember painstakingly making my way through Super Mario Bros on my NES, the frustration, the family/group fun, the regular passing of controllers at every death, the insisting you hit the jump button way before Mario fell to his death. ALL of that is in this game, and more. Multiplayer is awesome. I beat the game with 3 players(myself, my friend, and his wife) over the course of a few binge weekends, and we all felt so accomplished. Honestly the first Mario game i have beaten, and it wasn't easy, but it was worth it. Looking forward to Luigi. Expand
  19. Jul 30, 2013
    New Super Mario Bros U is a blast HD gameplay of the funest on wii u ever of a adventure also new items such as squirrel form propellering and penguin suit
  20. Jun 24, 2013
    when the wii u came out i said to myself im not going to spend 60 dollars on a mario game because i already know what to expect..... then i needed something to play with my girlfriend so i spent the 60 dollars. She did not get to play at all i thought this game was absolutely incredible especially in level design. I'm just going to go ahead and say it i believe this game is AS GOOD aswhen the wii u came out i said to myself im not going to spend 60 dollars on a mario game because i already know what to expect..... then i needed something to play with my girlfriend so i spent the 60 dollars. She did not get to play at all i thought this game was absolutely incredible especially in level design. I'm just going to go ahead and say it i believe this game is AS GOOD as super mario world on SNES (yea the greatest side scrolling mario of all time) Not to mention its really fun to play with 4 other people, the person using the game pad gives the game an entirely new feel because he or she can either help you out or they can completely screw you over! For 60 bucks its totally worth it not to mention New luigi U is out now so if you beat it quick theres a whole new set of 80 redone levels for you to play) Expand
  21. May 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Como siempre, los juegos de aventura de Nintendo destacando en entretención. Gran versión, diseño y gráficos espectaculares. Yo estoy 100% conforme y lo recomiendo a todos los que aun no se deciden, en especial para compartir con la novia o tus hermanos. Que sensación más agradable poder jugar con los 5 integrantes de mi familia este clásico de clásico.
    Tal vez lo único no muy atractivo es el uso del Gamepad, creo que está demás el poder agregar elementos de ayuda, debiese haber sido control para un personaje más.
  22. Apr 13, 2013
    New Super Mario Bros U is the successor of Super Mario World, probably one of the best 2D Mario with Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World. If you have the Wii U and if you love Mario, I think you need to play this game.
  23. Apr 11, 2013
    My past involving 2D Super Mario games hasn't been good. Playing them would always lead me to eventual frustration and abandonment of the game altogether. I liked the games, but I never loved them. I simply wasn't skilled enough, nor patient enough, to continue on and finish the game. That is, until I started playing New Super Mario Bros. U. This game is the most indulgent experience inMy past involving 2D Super Mario games hasn't been good. Playing them would always lead me to eventual frustration and abandonment of the game altogether. I liked the games, but I never loved them. I simply wasn't skilled enough, nor patient enough, to continue on and finish the game. That is, until I started playing New Super Mario Bros. U. This game is the most indulgent experience in the series to date. The content is enormous. The designs are flawless. And the quality...oh, bellissimo! I knew I would like this game, but I never suspected I would love it this much. I've also gotten 100% completion something I would never dream was possible for me in a 2D Mario adventure and I'm still wanting to play more. The New Super Luigi U content destined to come out later this year cannot arrive soon enough, and will effectively double the content of an already-mammoth game. If you're considering picking up a Wii U, and you can't decide which game to choose, pick New Super Mario Bros. U. Even if 2D Mario adventures aren't your cup of tea, you won't be disappointed with the content-cost ratio. Plus the multiplayer is absolutely hilarious. Expand
  24. Mar 20, 2013
    I love that Nintendo still releases side-scrolling Mario games. Super Mario Bros. 3 is one of my favorite games, and I still enjoy playing its style of gaming. New Super Mario Bros. U takes on the traditional formula with added HD graphics, a new power-up, challenge modes, and most importantly all-new levels.

Nintendo's focus was on gameplay and it hit the nail on the head. First and

Nintendo's focus was on gameplay and it hit the nail on the head. First and foremost it is important to note that NSMBU is an extremely fun game. The storyline is essentially non-existent, the graphics are improved but nothing to rave about, and the challenge modes are a nice addition, but this game prides itself on side-scrolling goodness and Nintendo does it best.

Simply, if you like side-scrolling platforming, you'll love NSMBU as it perfectly executes the genre.
  25. Mar 14, 2013
    At this point you know what you are getting into when you play a 2D Mario game, Perfect controls with some of the most fun platforming gameplay whether you are alone or playing co-op, I think this is the best of the "New Super Mario Bros." series with nice crisp graphics, excellent gameplay and some fun power-ups and some of the best platforming level design out there, It doesn't changeAt this point you know what you are getting into when you play a 2D Mario game, Perfect controls with some of the most fun platforming gameplay whether you are alone or playing co-op, I think this is the best of the "New Super Mario Bros." series with nice crisp graphics, excellent gameplay and some fun power-ups and some of the best platforming level design out there, It doesn't change the design of the game a lot, but it perfects it and as one of the launch titles for Wii U it does a good job as the first HD Mario game. That's not forgetting the fact that you get Challenge modes, Boost Rush mode and tons of content to do after the main game is complete including star coin hunting and much more, This will keep you playing for a long while and it is probably the best launch title for the Wii U. Expand
  26. Mar 11, 2013
    This game does not just remake new super mario bros it revamps it. Sure it may not be perfect but no game is and this game truily feels like the perfect 2d mario game with good challange, gameplay, diffrent modes, wii u multiplayer/touch control, online, and the hd with a classic mario feel.
  27. Mar 8, 2013
    The perfect platformer! You might think i am lying but test it for yourself. The gameplay is tight and accurate as always, There are tons of things to do and the graphics are awesome. I literally spent hours over hours playing this to 100% completion. The formula works again, with style. The multiplayer, while very fun, is not perfect though. Sometimes it feels the other players actuallyThe perfect platformer! You might think i am lying but test it for yourself. The gameplay is tight and accurate as always, There are tons of things to do and the graphics are awesome. I literally spent hours over hours playing this to 100% completion. The formula works again, with style. The multiplayer, while very fun, is not perfect though. Sometimes it feels the other players actually get in the way of the 1st player, but it's still a great experience. Overall, Probably the best wii u game to date. Expand
  28. Feb 21, 2013
    This game is the pinnacle of the New Super Mario Bros. series. Nintendo refines almost every favourable mechanic and includes them in the release. Mario Bros. U has a great over-world, clever level design, and plenty of single-player and multi-player to keep everyone busy. The only fault are the reused music and the familiar level styles but overall, Nintendo creates a platformer thatThis game is the pinnacle of the New Super Mario Bros. series. Nintendo refines almost every favourable mechanic and includes them in the release. Mario Bros. U has a great over-world, clever level design, and plenty of single-player and multi-player to keep everyone busy. The only fault are the reused music and the familiar level styles but overall, Nintendo creates a platformer that defines the genre and the series. Expand
  29. Jan 29, 2013
    When you buy a Mario 2D platformer you know what to expect. But I got to say I was pleasantly suprised. Beside the dull and repetitive mini bosses on each world the game feels really fresh. First of all the game looks amazing in HD. The levels are varied and very fun to play. Catching all the star coins is a blast, and after you've completed the game you have over 20 levels to find throughWhen you buy a Mario 2D platformer you know what to expect. But I got to say I was pleasantly suprised. Beside the dull and repetitive mini bosses on each world the game feels really fresh. First of all the game looks amazing in HD. The levels are varied and very fun to play. Catching all the star coins is a blast, and after you've completed the game you have over 20 levels to find through secret passages and finding all the star coins in each world. Along with this you have modes such as coin rush and other challanges to keep you busy for a long time. One thing that I would like to see improved is the multiplayer. First I would love to see online multiplayer, and also that the characters shouldn't stop when you get hurt, it gets really choppy and hard to time your upcoming jumps for the other players when this happens. Fix these two multiplayer things, vary the mini bosses and add a level editor and this would have been a straight up 10. I give this game a solid 9/10! Expand
  30. Jan 28, 2013
    This Game may be another 2-D , but the game feels very fresh. Adding the challenge mode gives veterans a new interest and the visuals are just stunning. Overall this is a great game.

1. Feb 21, 2013
    Everyone gets a chance to play and interact and have fun. Really, that’s what Nintendo excels at, getting everyone involved and allowing childish enthusiasm to file down the sharp corners of the vexation of adulthood and life experience. New Super Mario Bros. U does that very thing.
  2. Feb 19, 2013
    Yes, the new 2D adventure is not a demonstration of Wii U's potential, but it's extremely competent as a plataformer, adding some elements that probably will accompany the series in the future and making, though perhaps unconsciously with its final boss, the eyes of players sparkle and give us a taste of what to expect of Mario in its next tridimensional adventure.
  3. Feb 14, 2013
    No matter how much content is recycled here, New Super Mario Bros. U is a gem in Wii U’s launch line-up. Problem is, there is nothing that sets it apart from a long line of its predecessors.