Nintendo Land Wii U

7.9

1. LBC
    Oct 31, 2013
    Nintendo Land accomplishes all of its goals. It's a fun pack-in game that will introduce you to the Wii U system and the tablet controller. There's just not a whole lot of replay value once you've seen everything.
  2. Aug 5, 2014
    This was a poor launch decision. Nintendo has since made up for it but we needed more at the time. It's not that its a bad mini-game collection, but that is all it is. Now its an optional purchase at least.
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Nintendo Land shines as a multiplayer game. Most attractions are fun, and some are even shockingly innovative. Single-player falls short because the best of the attractions need other players to get involved. The GamePad works really, really well and the graphics surprised us. If this is any indication of what we'll see from future Wii U games, we're in for a real treat.

We highly

We highly recommend Nintendo Land -ONLY- if you can experience it multiplayer. For that reason, along with some of the attractions being mediocre, we give Nintendo Land a 7/10.
  4. Nov 21, 2012
    Nintendo Land shines most when you have 3-5 players involved. Some of the single player attractions (notably the DK attraction) are pretty fun, but the most fun I had was playing the multiplayer games with a group of friends. The visuals are very creative and humorous. The music is a very nice mashup of retro sounds and modern game music. Overall I'm happy that I purchased the deluxeNintendo Land shines most when you have 3-5 players involved. Some of the single player attractions (notably the DK attraction) are pretty fun, but the most fun I had was playing the multiplayer games with a group of friends. The visuals are very creative and humorous. The music is a very nice mashup of retro sounds and modern game music. Overall I'm happy that I purchased the deluxe wii u that came with this because it is a nice game to have. Expand
  5. Jun 25, 2013
    If there are two things Nintendo can do right on a regular basis its making good local multiplayer games (something that I wish other developers would do better). The other thing is they know how to make fun and interesting mini-games that are also worthwhile. Nintendo Land is by no means perfect, but it is a fun introduction to the WiiU that is worth a look. Especially because itIf there are two things Nintendo can do right on a regular basis its making good local multiplayer games (something that I wish other developers would do better). The other thing is they know how to make fun and interesting mini-games that are also worthwhile. Nintendo Land is by no means perfect, but it is a fun introduction to the WiiU that is worth a look. Especially because it showcases some of the most unique aspects of the WiiU that no other game has done yet, and I fear no other game will be able to do quite as well.
    The game features a variety of fun mini games all based around Nintendo's existing properties with Pokemon and StarFox being noticeably absent from the games included. What's up Nintendo, didn't feel like giving us another ride in the Arwings? What about a return to the rad mini games of Pokemon Stadium fame? The games included are still fun and interesting. You have a mini racing game from F-Zero. A fun co-op game from Zelda as well as one from Pikmin. Mario, Luigi, and Animal Crossing all have competitive modes that are a riot to play. Meanwhile, Yoshi's and the Game & Watch's mini games don't quite measure up to the rest of the roster.
    You'll quickly find games you like more than others and probably brush the ones you don't care for under the rug. I know the most played at our home is Zelda because we had one friend obsessing over beating the game. A good time, but it did get frustratingly difficult at times where even good teamwork felt like it didn't help.
    That said, all the games feature the WiiU pad in a different way, each showing just how unique this device is and giving us some ideas what we COULD expect from the WiiU if developers where complete that were too afraid to make a game for such a small install base. The idea of having a full map for one player while the rest have none and have to look for him/her is actually a cool idea and very well implemented.
    All-in-all, it's a short game you probably won't play without your friends to have some fun. The games aren't mindblowing, but they are all interesting in one way or another. It's certainly a game I'd recommend for the WiiU, if, for any reason, to have SOMETHING to play on it. But if you can't shell out the $60 for it, I wouldn't. But, nonetheless, fun and unique, which is certainly something I don't see much of in most other games.
  6. Dec 25, 2012
    If I bought this game alone, would it be worth $59.99? Probably not. But it is a great deal when you buy the Wii U deluxe set. This game comes with it, and for a small amount of mini-games, it has quite a lot more content than the average collection. The mini-games are very amusing. This is a better game to come with a console at launch than Wii Sports.
  7. Dec 29, 2013
    Good collection of minigames.

Luigi's Ghost house and Mario Chase racked up more gameplay time than Forza and FIFA 14 combined in my house this xmas.
  8. May 25, 2015
    I enjoyed this game for what it was, but obviously a disc full of minigames isn't the most exciting thing ever. The Zelda and Metroid minigames were the strongest of them all and did take 10s of hours from me. All in all I was more impressed with Nintendo Land than I thought I would be. It's a fun game but not the reason to own a Wii U.
  9. Nov 19, 2012
    fun, but underwhelming. What you get is a unique gaming experience with an old school difficulty ramp, tied together with an in game only achievement system that grants world aesthetics and sound track unlocks. Multiplayer is great with 4-5 people in the games three chase party game modes, but because everything in the game lacks meat, it will probably not stand up for more then a dozenfun, but underwhelming. What you get is a unique gaming experience with an old school difficulty ramp, tied together with an in game only achievement system that grants world aesthetics and sound track unlocks. Multiplayer is great with 4-5 people in the games three chase party game modes, but because everything in the game lacks meat, it will probably not stand up for more then a dozen plays. Overall it's a great pack in, and a good game to have on the shelf if you can grab it for $20 anytime in the future. Expand
  10. Dec 4, 2012
    This is a great game with friends and family in local play. Out of the 12 attractions, at least 6 are something you'll play over and over and over again. You'll fight to be the one using the gamepad and there are even a few that are a lot of fun as solo player options. However, its clearly the multi-player that makes the game.

This game alone is worth the difference in price between a

This game alone is worth the difference in price between a basic and deluxe set. Let alone the increased memory, stands, and digital discount offer.
  11. Jan 13, 2013
    Admittedly, there isn't much longevity in this title since it is a mini-games collection, but it's still really fun. The controls vary from game to game and support the Wii peripherals, they all work with no real learning curve. One game might involve the gyro controls while others involved the stylus. The game also looks great for having simplistic design in the environment andAdmittedly, there isn't much longevity in this title since it is a mini-games collection, but it's still really fun. The controls vary from game to game and support the Wii peripherals, they all work with no real learning curve. One game might involve the gyro controls while others involved the stylus. The game also looks great for having simplistic design in the environment and characters. The sound is quite cheery and the music has some cool, updated versions of classic tunes. There are unlockables you can get with coins that are earned by playing the games, but they don't amount to much more than things to show off. Some games have multiple levels (like the Metroid game), whereas others you can beat in one playthrough (like the Twister Race). I liked the Miiverse feature to post comments on a game for others to read, as well as read other people's comments from around the world. All-in-all, you'll be finding yourself playing this in short bursts, whether it is with friends or by yourself, but it is enjoyable and it does show off the play features of the WiiU. A good launch title to this console, just like how Wii Sports was to the Wii. Expand
  12. Dec 16, 2012
    Very addictive Yoshi's Fruit Cart game, but further a bit disappointing for me as a RPG player, the single player games are okay and fun, but there is no objective to run around in the park. Because the next Zelda won't be out in quite a while I hope there was a mini quest in this game but is nothing more than swinging your remote around...

The multi player games are much more fun to

The multi player games are much more fun to play. Still Nintendo Land looks like just like a good demo from the possibilities from Wii U with some Arcade kind of "2012 games"
  13. Feb 23, 2013
    We got this included in the WiiU deluxe black system. The kids like this game. It is more fun with multiple players. Some of the mini games get old fast but it does provide some great ideas of how to utilize the WiiU system.
  14. Ebu
    Mar 27, 2013
    Okay, this game has much more content than Wii Sports did. Mario, Zelda, Metroid and many other franchises appear as different kind of minigames. It's fun with friends and some as singleplayer but as this game is mainly multiplayer it misses something it shouldn't: Online multiplayer. Sure you can use Miiverse which I love and spend most of my time on Wii U there but it doesn't count asOkay, this game has much more content than Wii Sports did. Mario, Zelda, Metroid and many other franchises appear as different kind of minigames. It's fun with friends and some as singleplayer but as this game is mainly multiplayer it misses something it shouldn't: Online multiplayer. Sure you can use Miiverse which I love and spend most of my time on Wii U there but it doesn't count as 'online multiplayer'. There should be that option where you can play against/co-operate with anyone around the world of Wii U. Not all my friends want to play Nintendo Land and they rather play shooters with me. When online, I could play with people who enjoy those games as much as I do. Anyway this game is great fun but it doesn't last as long as many others. Expand
  15. Jun 23, 2013
    Aunque el juego trata encerrar el mismo concepto de Wii Sports, nos damos cuenta a simple vista que no lo es, y aunque sea un poco confuso el concepto que nos brinda Nintendo Land con respecto al modo de juego y uso de controles, es un juego bastante divertido y eso es lo que realmente importa. Ademas, cada uno de los 12 minijuegos de cada franquicia AAA de Nintendo es adorable y es muyAunque el juego trata encerrar el mismo concepto de Wii Sports, nos damos cuenta a simple vista que no lo es, y aunque sea un poco confuso el concepto que nos brinda Nintendo Land con respecto al modo de juego y uso de controles, es un juego bastante divertido y eso es lo que realmente importa. Ademas, cada uno de los 12 minijuegos de cada franquicia AAA de Nintendo es adorable y es muy difícil no completarlo al 100% y mucho menos jugarlo. Expand
  16. Oct 12, 2015
    Nothing really mind blowing but it's fun game to play sometimes. Multiplayer is very fun but I almost never get chance to play it with other people. It is not very memorable game but still pretty good.
  17. Jan 27, 2014
    It's not bad, but as a game packaged with the console I felt Wii Sports was better. While Nintendo Land has more mini games, a lot of them, especially the single player ones, feel boring. Its ability to use the gamepad simply made some games confusing and demanding to play. Furthermore, Monica's explanations take far too long. Of course, the multiplayer games are great fun, but there justIt's not bad, but as a game packaged with the console I felt Wii Sports was better. While Nintendo Land has more mini games, a lot of them, especially the single player ones, feel boring. Its ability to use the gamepad simply made some games confusing and demanding to play. Furthermore, Monica's explanations take far too long. Of course, the multiplayer games are great fun, but there just isin't enough of them. I would give this a 6.5. Expand
  18. Nov 23, 2013
    There is some charm to be found within Nintendo Land and there are several enjoyable things about the game. Yoshi's Fruit Cart, the Donkey Kong game where you try and whiz as fast as possible through an obstacle course, and the Legend of Zelda games are all fun and enjoyable.

The other games hold some charm too, but ultimately, these all grow stale fairly quickly. At the end of the day, I would rather play the games themselves than play a game pad demo with a little bit of everything.
  19. Dec 2, 2014
    For what was a throw in mini game collection I found this had quite a bit of depth and re playability with friends. I particularly like the zelda and metroid games. While I can't tell anyone to pay full price for it on it's own (like stores here are selling it) if it's included in your bundle it is a fun little title.
  20. Jun 9, 2015
    It was fun for a while, but after a while I got kinda bored, I was lucky enough to receive a deluxe set or in my opinion it wouldn't be worth it, but that is just my opinion.
  21. Apr 21, 2014
    this is a fun party game that never gets old, not that great to play by yourself though. a fun launch title for the WiiU, and one of the better party games I have played. but that's all it is, a party game.
  22. May 19, 2014
    This game is generally okay, except that the single player games are boring and hard. The game is so repetitive and kind of boring, because all you can do is play games. This is a major disappointment, Nintendo.
  23. May 27, 2014
    Some games like Mario's, Metroid's, F-zero's and Zelda's are so fun... Some games like animal crossing's and Luigi's are decent... but the rest are pretty lame... There are so much contrast
  24. Aug 16, 2014
    This is a great demonstration of the Wii u gamepad, and a very fun party game. The mini-games are all based on Nintendo's franchises, and they all look great and are fun to play. I got this bundled with my Wii u, and it was a blast right out of the box. However, Nintendo land has one major flaw: the cost. I was fortunate enough to have lots of Wii remotes, Wii motion plus devices, andThis is a great demonstration of the Wii u gamepad, and a very fun party game. The mini-games are all based on Nintendo's franchises, and they all look great and are fun to play. I got this bundled with my Wii u, and it was a blast right out of the box. However, Nintendo land has one major flaw: the cost. I was fortunate enough to have lots of Wii remotes, Wii motion plus devices, and nunchucks because I had a Wii, but others who don't have these Wii accessories must buy them in order to get all of the fun out of Nintendo land. If you have the necessary accessories, you should get it, but if you don't you may want too skip this game. Expand
  25. Dec 18, 2014
    I must not be the target market for this one, because I just don't see the appeal, but my kids seem to like it. Just seem like a bunch of cheesy demo games, not very well executed. And I love our Wii U -- it's not as if I'm anti-Nintendo or anything. It just seemed like a squandered opportunity.
  26. Nov 2, 2014
    this game isn't really good first off if the game had online it would have been a better experience but the minigames are from terrible to decent this game is decent thats what i have to say decent
  27. Nov 11, 2014
    Nintendo Land is simply one of those games that are here to showcase the capacities of the system they are published on, and, as such, it's kinda hard to make a fair review. Yes, the game is fun but minimal. It's really just a bunch of mini-games, but well-orchestrated ones. It's not the kind of game you're going to spend tens of hours on it but it's still good to have if you just orderedNintendo Land is simply one of those games that are here to showcase the capacities of the system they are published on, and, as such, it's kinda hard to make a fair review. Yes, the game is fun but minimal. It's really just a bunch of mini-games, but well-orchestrated ones. It's not the kind of game you're going to spend tens of hours on it but it's still good to have if you just ordered the Wii U, until you get more solid games.
    The gimmick of the gamepad showcase works well in the mini-games, and it's a simple fun.
  28. Jan 11, 2015
    Even though Nintendo Land was released as a launch title for the Wii U, I didn't get the chance to play it until recently. Was it worth the wait? I'm still not quite sure. I'll be going over each minigame individually.

The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest is team attraction that involves one swordsman and archer. It's really well designed and represents the Zelda universe in a good way. It's very fun to play with a friend and it's great to see games in which players can actually work together for once instead of yelling at each other. Pikmin Adventure, another team attraction, actually has a nice little story to go along with it. A dark version of the park's host, Monita, must be stopped and the space captain Olimar has to team up with Pikmin to defeat her! This minigame, like Pikmin 3, is gorgeous and very unique.

Metroid Blast is kind of boring. It doesn't really ever feel like you're doing much or doing anything meaningful. The mode in Metroid Blast is the more fun of the two modes featured (the other one is working together). Competitive attractions are perhaps the most fun to play. Mario Chase (in which a Toad works together with two Yoshi carts to catch Mario) is super fun to play and it uses the GamePad well. Luigi's Ghost Mansion is just as unique. A ghost must defeat Luigi before time runs out or vice versa. I usually lost but you know a game's good when you want to keep playing it after you lose!

Animal Crossing: Sweet Day is both intense and cute at the same time. One player controls an elephant villager who must escape Copper and Booker (dog guards...get it?) and place a certain amount of candies and place them in baskets. Yoshi's Fruit Cart is: meh. That's all that needs to be said there. Octopus Dance based on the old Game & Watch games is surprisingly pretty challenging. You have to memorize dance moves and try to copy them; thankfully, only by pressing buttons and not actual dancing.

DK's Crash Course is a pretty unexpected minigame. I would have expected Donkey Kong's minigame to be based on Donkey Kong Country, not the original arcade game! Like Octopus Dance, it's challenging but it is much, much harder! Takamaru's Ninja Castle uses the GamePad to a great extent as you throw ninja stars at other ninjas. It has a very Japanese-like atmosphere and it conveys the tone of the original game (Mysterious Murasame Castle) well. I have very few memories of Captain Falcon's Twister Race but none of them were pretty. The last minigame Balloon Trip Breeze is based upon Balloon Fight. It's basically the exact same thing. Still, I really like this one.

Overall, Nintendo Land is a great minigame compilation even with a few dud ones (Captain Falcon, Yoshi). It's questionable why there are minigames based on The Mysterious Murasame Castle and the Game & Watch series but not ones based on Kirby, Star Fox, or Pokemon...am I the only one that finds that odd?
  29. Dec 28, 2015
    Where Nintendo Land succeeds, it succeeds well. However, most of the games get stale after a while and the controls and the use of the Gamepad (a valiant effort on Nintendo's part) leave a lot to be desired. Still, Nintendo Land has a lot of nice party games that are fun if you have the time for them. I would recommend it.
  30. May 23, 2015
    This game was a fun party game to play to get a hang of the Wii U Gamepad. It's a nice bonus as part of the deluxe bundle but as a standalone game? Well, let me just say that it would not be worth $60; more like $30. It's better than Wii Sports (as it functions as an actual party game and not just a tech demo) but it doesn't excell in any way and is pretty forgettable. Now that it's over 3This game was a fun party game to play to get a hang of the Wii U Gamepad. It's a nice bonus as part of the deluxe bundle but as a standalone game? Well, let me just say that it would not be worth $60; more like $30. It's better than Wii Sports (as it functions as an actual party game and not just a tech demo) but it doesn't excell in any way and is pretty forgettable. Now that it's over 3 years old, I'm sure you can get it on the cheap, though. It has some fun references to Nintendo games in it, so it's at least a good rental. Expand
  31. Sep 6, 2015

Nintendo Land what the Wii U Gamepad is all about but sometimes misses that goal

+ Hub world

- No online play
    - F-Zero minigame
    - Octopus minigame
  32. Jul 8, 2016
    That is the tipical casual game for parties in which you enjoy playing with friends; but also, you can play alone some of its minigames, so definitely, it´s a good game for a little break.
  33. Nov 25, 2015
    It's pretty fun! but if you play this alone its so boring! lol. it doesn't have online so the game is useless when playing alone over all the game is fun with friends
  34. Feb 13, 2017
    Pros:
    - Very good art style for a console game made in 2012
    - Easy to play games - Simple minigames - Appropriate for young children Cons: - Has to use the TV to play the game and the Wii U gamepad - Some of the games are so simple that they’re are pretty boring Nintendo Land is the kind of game that can get someone hooked for days on end. The game can be very addicting because
    Pros:
    - Very good art style for a console game made in 2012
    - Easy to play games
    - Simple minigames
    - Appropriate for young children

Cons:
    - Has to use the TV to play the game and the Wii U gamepad
    - Some of the games are so simple that they’re are pretty boring

Nintendo Land is the kind of game that can get someone hooked for days on end. The game can be very addicting because of the minigames that are in the actual game. Games like Metroid Blast, Mario Chase, Pikmin Adventures, Donkey Kong’s Crash Course, and 12 others. The game that I loved to play when the Wii U first came out was founded by the game company Nintendo. The composer of the game is Ryo Nagamatsu. If you would like to buy at these days in age it costs roughly $9.99

Since the whole game is filled with other minigames there really is close none or no plot at all. Some of the minigames have a story behind why you go on adventures, for example, The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest. The setting of the whole thing takes place in a theme park surrounded by the entrances the sperate minigames that ar readily available. The games themselves all have their own settings such as Takemaru’s Ninja Castle which takes place in a ninja dojo. When I first started to play Nintendo Land was pretty curious as what kind of game it would be because on the case there was all these different characters, gadgets, and gizmos.

One feature that I really like to play around with is the Attraction tour which is a train that takes you and a friend(s) through multiple minigames. Opponents pick the minigames and they play them to get points where sometimes they can swap and you could get the lowest person’s points. Another thing is when my dad is watching TV and I want to play “Nintendo Land” I can’t because I need the TV to see what I am doing in the game. Octopus Dance is a game within Nintendo Land where all you do is stand up and move your arms to a test dummy and get a score on how well you did, so that is one of the games that can get pretty boring after the first ten minutes of playing it.

A group of people that I would play this with is Mario fans because people like that would probably like the overall game. I would recommend this game to people who really like Nintendo. I would not recommend it to people who only like to play the Xbox or Play Station. It is rated E10+ for “Cartoon Violence” and “Crude Humor.” My final word on this game is that it is a “good” game.
    Star Rating: * * * *

1. Hyper Magazine
    Jan 24, 2013
    There are a few dud mini-games, but Nintendo Land does a good job at highlighting the strengths of the new system and the potential of asymmetric multiplayer. [Feb 2013, p.64]
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 23, 2013
    An entertaining minigame collection. The games are quite well fleshed out. [Jan 2013]
  3. Jan 13, 2013
    The only way to not having fun is not having company.