5.9

1. Oct 6, 2014
    Not going to waste a lot of breath on this review. Its a fun weekend if you are a 3D platforming fan. Take the game for what it is and have about 8 fun hours. Its not Mario or Banjo but I liked it, scratched my platforming itch.
  2. Jun 22, 2014
    **** this stupid **** Don't listen to the positive reviews, because those are just biased reviews from fanboys that'll blatantly defend anything with Pac-Man's face pasted onto it. I used to be a Pac-Man fan. The Pac-Man World series was awesome, and the original Pac-Man design was imposing. Now, let us flash forward to the current canon. The modern Pac-Man looks like horse **** is a**** this stupid **** Don't listen to the positive reviews, because those are just biased reviews from fanboys that'll blatantly defend anything with Pac-Man's face pasted onto it. I used to be a Pac-Man fan. The Pac-Man World series was awesome, and the original Pac-Man design was imposing. Now, let us flash forward to the current canon. The modern Pac-Man looks like horse **** is a ****ing pubescent kid, and sounds like a nasally little twit. His friends suck and are useless, the level design of this game is mundane and repetitive (not to mention the overall environments are generic and uninspired), the boss battles are pathetic, the hub-world is bland and ruins the canon (Since when is Sir Cumference's lab located within Maze High School, and since when does the president mindlessly wander around the high school?), the graphics look like GameCube-standard visuals, and this game overall sucks. Not worth the price of admission. I advise you to purchase a better platformer for the Wii U, such as Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U and/or its expansion pack, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends, or even Sonic Lost World, which is more so of an okay-level game, but is still miles better than this Ghostly Adventures **** Namco ****ed up this series. No one gives a flying crap about this game, nor the Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures TV series at all. Hell, not even the actual voice actors for each character (besides Pac-Man) wanted to be involved in this game. Meanwhile, Nintendo knows how to handle Pac-Man as a character. For Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, they resurrected the Pac-Man World Pac-Man to brawl the others. I commend you, Nintendo. Namco, you can learn a thing or two from Nintendo. To think, this horrible game is receiving a sequel. How is that possible? I don't know. All I know is, I detest Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures. Also, before I end this review, not only does this game lack in terms of quality, but it's far from original. All of Pac's power-ups are ripped off from either Mario or Kirby, Pac-Man can perform a maneuver extremely reminiscent of the Homing Attack, the transportation pipes within Pacopolis seem remarkably similar to the clear pipes from Super Mario 3D World (Super Mario 3D World was in development before Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures), and the fact that Pac-Man consumes various foods (burgers, pie, etc., and not fruit, despite fruit being one of the trademark edible items in the series) that REPLENISH HEALTH practically proves that Namco is trying to imitate Kirby. Also, I don't advocate spoilers, but the ending was disappointing as **** Don't get me started on the 3DS version, either. This game ****ing disgusts me. Bring back the true Pac-Man and appoint him as the permanent Pac-Man already. Expand
  3. Apr 2, 2014
    Very good game........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  4. Jan 27, 2014
    I hadn't seen the show when I first got this game, but once I did, I compared the two, and this game did stay quite faithful to the show. It didn't necessarily matter to me that most, if not all, of the voice actors in the show weren't the voices of their characters in the game, but even if it did, it'd have been more of a nitpick. The visual style is luxurious, and Pac-Man controls wellI hadn't seen the show when I first got this game, but once I did, I compared the two, and this game did stay quite faithful to the show. It didn't necessarily matter to me that most, if not all, of the voice actors in the show weren't the voices of their characters in the game, but even if it did, it'd have been more of a nitpick. The visual style is luxurious, and Pac-Man controls well in all his forms (though for me personally, Rubber Pac took some getting used to). One thing I found to be a bit disappointing, ironically, is the dialogue between those you can converse with in the school. I say ironically because there's no real reason to chat with Pac's buds, but when you do, the exchange between the characters is real short and kind of nonchalant. "How are you doing?" "Fine." That's kind of how they are; not too engaging or funny. Furthermore, while the gameplay is simple and easy, it just may be a bit too simple and easy. It didn't take very long for me to beat the game, and I think it's because the levels felt way too short. The boss battles weren't too challenging, and when they were, it was that "frustrating" kind of challenging. Besides all this, being the first Pac-Man platformer to be released in a while (since, I believe, Pac-Man World 3?), it's not very bad at all; it just has its issues here and there. I say if you have a Wii U, get this game and try it out for yourself. Expand
  5. Jan 6, 2014
    i find this game to be very simple, but its a refreshing kind of simple. Its a game i like to play when there's nothing else to do, it doesn't do anything out of the ordinary, but anything it does do doesn't feel wrong or broken.
  6. Dec 26, 2013
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is a nice 3D platformer, I'm not a big fan of Pac-Man's show, but the characters look cute and help on 'understanding' the story behind such a fun-filled quest. The reason I bought it: Price Drop on Nintendo eShop. Was it worth? Sure, I loved the game. I really agree that the game doesn't add anything new on the game scene, but has a very decentPac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is a nice 3D platformer, I'm not a big fan of Pac-Man's show, but the characters look cute and help on 'understanding' the story behind such a fun-filled quest. The reason I bought it: Price Drop on Nintendo eShop. Was it worth? Sure, I loved the game. I really agree that the game doesn't add anything new on the game scene, but has a very decent playability, interesting power-ups to master and nice scenarios. I think you wouldn't be disappointed if you could give our yellow globe fellow a try. Collapse
  7. Dec 26, 2013

1. Vibrant, simple stuff aimed squarely at a generation who know Pac as a superpowered teenage hero, rather than the characterless, quip-free globe of old. [May 2014, p.89]
  2. Apr 14, 2014
    Pac-Man and the ghostly adventures is a 3D platformer which fails in the most important features of this classic genre. Both the controls and the camera are clumsy and it's really hard to have fun with these problems.
  3. Apr 11, 2014
    It's difficult to do worse than Pac-Man and the ghostly adventures on Wii U: there's a handful of much better platforms out there, both in 2D and 3D. Imprecise controls and a wacky camera are the main culprits, so that even for your kids or nephews this game is not good enough.