8.6

1. Aug 29, 2013
    Epic. Just epic. Wii u rock! Pikmin 3 has a cute story and excellent gameplay to it. Must buy if you are a strategy fan or action helps! But the real hero is the controls! Wii u handles it beautifully.
  2. Oct 10, 2014
    This is a wonderful, charming experience that will give any Wii U owner a smashing good time. It's one of the best games on the system and it is a great successor to the first two Pikmin games. The problem is the controls, which can be hard to use sometimes when lots of things are happening on screen at once, and the fact that the story ends pretty quickly. Other than that, this is a gameThis is a wonderful, charming experience that will give any Wii U owner a smashing good time. It's one of the best games on the system and it is a great successor to the first two Pikmin games. The problem is the controls, which can be hard to use sometimes when lots of things are happening on screen at once, and the fact that the story ends pretty quickly. Other than that, this is a game I cannot recommend enough. Give it a try and you'll love it forever, just like the first two games. Expand
  3. Mar 14, 2014
    Relaxing music, relaxing sound effects, relaxing visuals, relaxing graphics, relaxing scenery, relaxing colourful Pikmin characters, and OH MY GOSH ITS A GIANT PIKMIN-HUNGRY MONSTER!
  4. Jul 31, 2014
    I admit that I wasn't planning on buying Pikmin 3. Don't get me wrong, I like the series, but this wasn't a game that I was DYING to have. When the free game offer from buying Mario Kart 8 came along, I decided to download Pikmin 3 and I must say... It's fantastic! It may not be as lengthy as Pikmin 2, but the beautiful graphics, the new Wii U game mechanics, and the return of 'days' offerI admit that I wasn't planning on buying Pikmin 3. Don't get me wrong, I like the series, but this wasn't a game that I was DYING to have. When the free game offer from buying Mario Kart 8 came along, I decided to download Pikmin 3 and I must say... It's fantastic! It may not be as lengthy as Pikmin 2, but the beautiful graphics, the new Wii U game mechanics, and the return of 'days' offer a new challenge to try and do better on days that you either didn't do well on or want to beat your best. I can now say, it is one of the must haves for Wii U. Expand
  5. Feb 7, 2015
    Pikmin 3 improves upon both previous games and has some of the cutest graphics ever. Probably the best RTS (Real Time Strategy) ever put on a console.
  6. Oct 19, 2013
    All the worlds are beautiful to look at and the game plays great. While i didn't really like challenge mode I loved bingo battle. Just another great game from Nintendo.
  7. Jan 17, 2015
    It's a shame that many won't be able to experience this amazing game. And yes, Pikmin 3 is amazing. From its visuals to its gameplay, it's surely a treat for players.

First, the visuals. The graphics in the game are spectacular and in my opinion, it's the best-looking game on the Wii U alongside Mario Kart 8. It's not the level of graphics of your typical first-person shooter, but it looks gorgeous especially whenever it rains and you can see water on the ground. I can't tell you how many times I was amazed by the visuals.

The gameplay in the game is the same as all the other Pikmin games. Usually you have a specific goal to accomplish in a certain in-game day and you must use the different types of Pikmin that have joined with you to complete the goal. There are many types of Pikmin in the game: red (defends fire), blue (can survive in water), and yellow (can withstand electricity), as well as the new rock (can break objects) and winged (can fly) Pikmin. The purple and white Pikmin do not make an appearance in the main mode but they make a return in one of the game's side modes. The gameplay is simplistic and fun and while you may not accomplish what you want to do in a day, you always have the next one.

The Wii U GamePad is used as a map in the game which can be both helpful and confusing at times. The map's overall layout is a bit confusing but whenever you're trying to round up Pikmin at the end of the day, it's extremely helpful. There are many bosses to fight in the game and to me, these bosses are always an important factor when scoring a game. Thankfully, the bosses are incredibly unique and all require the Pikmin to work together to beat them, making the bosses a true highlight in the game.

Overall, Pikmin 3 is a must-have for any Wii U owner. It has great visuals, engaging gameplay, amazing and creative bosses, and a helpful GamePad feature. Look for it before it becomes rare!
  8. Mar 25, 2015
    outstanding level design with so much room for player improvement and replayability, extra modes are very fun, a game polished to the bone, perfect presentation and progression.
  9. Apr 22, 2015
    Other than some unfairly biased multiplayer, Pikmin 3 is a beautiful game that will have your mouth watering at the fruit and graphics, your mind watering at resource management as only the best RTS games can offer, and your eyes watering every time you mess up and your faithful little Pikmin die horribly. THEY TRUSTED YOU.
  10. Aug 26, 2013
    If you're looking for a chance to flex your strategy muscles on the Wii U, look no further. Pikmin 3 is here, and it's a beautiful, addictive, strangely emotional little gem of a game.

The storyline puts you in the shoes of three diminutive astronauts from the planet Koppai. Following a food crisis which threatens to starve everyone to death in their home planet, captain Charlie, engineer Alph and botanist Brittany get onboard the S.S. Drake to search the cosmos for new food sources. They end up crash-landing on a lush planet, filled to the brim with delicious fruit and dangerous predators. They soon meet a strange breed of half-plant, half-animal creatures (the titular pikmin), and end up forming a symbiotic relationship: the koppaite command helps the various species of pikmin overcome their natural foes, while the pikmin help the koppaites find and transport food and gadgets to the S.S. Drake. It's a simple story with cute characters, but the enviromentalist undertones give it a grim side that really helps in relating to the characters.

There's an eerie pleasure in watching the little pikmin work tirelessly to bring giant fruit and carcasses back to the spaceship. It evokes memories of lazy summer afternoons, watching ants carry leaves in the yard... except you actually get to command the tiny army, a task that proves to be beyond fun. With a fluid learning curve, you'll be familiar to the controls and concepts in no time, whereas deeper strategic aspects of the gameplay keep getting introduced as the story moves forward. It's a nice pace that never gets overwhelming.

The planet itself is a great joy to discover. Graphics are stunning, the ambients are varied and interesting, lighting effects are phenomenal, and the enemies are all designed as delightfully alien creatures. Due to this, at first I was slightly distressed by the exploration constraints brought forth by the time limit (you need to get everyone back to the spaceship before each nightfall, or else you'll get a heartbreaking scene of your pikmin running for their lives only to be devoured by nocturnal predators). Soon, though, it became obvious that this is a key feature to lend some urgency to the real-time strategy of the game; without it, the sense of collective working would definitely be dampened.

The gamepad helps a lot in the exploration, being both a handy database and a multitasking enabler. Sadly, sometimes the controls get a little awkward. For example, aiming in the gamepad is done with the same stick used to move, which can prove tricky when standing in a diminutive suspended platform. Thankfully, there are numerous controlling options, including the wiimote & nunchuck combo, and even those paired with the gamepad (I still opted for the convenience of the sole gamepad, though, since the majority of its control scheme flows easily enough).

All things considered, Pikmin 3 is a very rewarding experience; one which has the blessing of being extremely unique and filled with Nintendo charm. You'll be hard-pressed to find something similar anywhere, and it's gonna be tough to resist the urge of playing just a couple more days in each play session. Because of all that, chances are you'll find the main quest to move along just a little too fast. Thankfully, plenty of collectibles to backtrack and superb multiplayer modes will further extend the fun.

Rating: 9.5
  11. Aug 22, 2013
    Pikmin 3 is a stunning game. As a newcomer to the series, I didn't know quite what to expect. But Pikmin 3 eases you in gently, and before you know it you're thinking strategically, plotting out each day. The tutorial is fantastically subtle- not the boring navi-like stuff we've come to know. For example, when introducing blue pikmin, it doesn't tell you they are resistant to water.Pikmin 3 is a stunning game. As a newcomer to the series, I didn't know quite what to expect. But Pikmin 3 eases you in gently, and before you know it you're thinking strategically, plotting out each day. The tutorial is fantastically subtle- not the boring navi-like stuff we've come to know. For example, when introducing blue pikmin, it doesn't tell you they are resistant to water. Instead, they first appear in the water so you know that.
    Game mechanics work like this: you control 3 crew members throughout the storyline of Pikmin 3. They can only progress by using pikmin. You can grow pikmin, but that wastes valuable time. You can have up to 100 pikmin with you at one time. These cute adorable little creatures can be thrown at enemies. The pikmin will all attack the enemies, but the enemies can also attack the pikmin. And there's nothing as heartbreaking as the squeal of a dying pikmin gobbled up by a bulborb. You go through the game in a cycle of days, and each day you must get all your pikmin back to the ship or they will perish. And that is a heartbreaking cutscene.
    The pikmin can also carry objects back to the ship, which is a vital component of pikmin 3. Various different types of pikmin each have different qualities, and these qualities are needed to solve puzzles. But it can be annoying when pikmin often do stupid things that you don't want them to do.
    Every day, the crew members consume a portion of fruit every day and you need to keep using pikmin to collect fruit on top of the main game. If they run out, it's game over. But it's fine because you can always skip to an earlier day before things went wrong. Pikmin 3 gets lovably complicated and challenging, and is really a joy to play. The puzzles and combat are so expertly made, and each boss is unique and geniously crafted. Equally, environments are glorious in HD, and are really beautiful to look at. They are all perfectly natural, no human intervention, and you are tiny compared to them. Like, you can stand on a leaves. Enemies are weird and unique, and creative in both presentation and combat. I can't stress enough how inventive Nintendo have been in enemy design and ideas.
    The gamepad is very useful as you actually play with nunchuk and remote, and have the gamepad stood up beside you to look at for the map. You need it to think strategically and plan your day. It's as good as essential for success in Pikmin 3.
    In addition to story mode, there's a mission mode, which sets you goals to collect as much fruit as possible or defeat enemies. This can also be played co-op. The missions really help your strategic thinking and increase the longevity of Pikmin 3 by a huge amount.
    There's also a versus multiplayer mode, but the player with the gamepad has a huge advantage because they can see the map.
    Pikmin 3 is a beautiful game, and though flawed, you shouldn't hesitate to buy it.
  12. Sep 3, 2013
    The best Wii U game out now, a must have! Go get it if you don't have it! Its much easier than the first 2 games, which is nice as the first 2 were hard. It doesn't mean that Pikmin 3 is devoid of any challenge, some enemies, bosses, and challenges are very challenging to tackle. The story is good, not as engrossing as the others, but it is defanitely the funnest game in the trilogy,The best Wii U game out now, a must have! Go get it if you don't have it! Its much easier than the first 2 games, which is nice as the first 2 were hard. It doesn't mean that Pikmin 3 is devoid of any challenge, some enemies, bosses, and challenges are very challenging to tackle. The story is good, not as engrossing as the others, but it is defanitely the funnest game in the trilogy, althugh I still prefer Pikmin 2 in terms of gameplay, as it was the best in the series and still is. It is very short though, after waiting 9 years for this game, a faithful fan like myself would exepect more. One issue besides the shortness is the characters, I like them, but they just aren't the Olimar and Louie I grew up with, Alph is awesome though. Im still sad how Olimar and Louie are minor characters, while the President is only mentioned. Another letdown are the number of new pikmin, after 9 years I thought we would get alot more new pikmin than just Rock and Winged pikmin, and the purple and white pikmin only appear in the muliplayer modes, which are pretty fun. Overall, I really expected more after waiting 9 years for this, hopefully a sequal won't take as long to make, but it is one of the funnest games I've played all year, maybe the funnest. Expand
  13. Jun 9, 2014
    The main problem i have had with previous pikmin games is that it takes some time to get into. In this installment in the Pikmin series, the game is more polished than ever. the game is faster paced. the game has controller options (it is best with a wii remote and nunchuck). the game feels like what a true pikmin sequel should be
  14. Aug 6, 2013
    Se puede decir que Pikmin 3 es el mejor juego de Wii U hasta el momento. Una nueva historia, excelentes gráficas y multiples modos de juego, hacen de este, un excelente juego, obligatorio de tener si tienes Wii U.
  15. Aug 19, 2013
    It's like playing Pikmin 2 again for the first time and now I can call Pikmin a game series. The game has great characters, a much more involved storyline then the other Pikmin games, great wii remote integration, 2 new and very useful types of Pikmin as well as all the originals, and many nods to the previous games.
  16. Aug 13, 2013
    In the beginning, there was nothing except Mr. Miyamoto. Mr. Miyamoto said "Let there be Pikmin 3!" The game began to materialise, sometimes fading back into delay, but eventually coming fully into existence. Mr. Miyamoto was pleased with what he'd created, and distributed Pikmin 3 all around the world for others to enjoy. At this point, you're probably wondering where everyone else cameIn the beginning, there was nothing except Mr. Miyamoto. Mr. Miyamoto said "Let there be Pikmin 3!" The game began to materialise, sometimes fading back into delay, but eventually coming fully into existence. Mr. Miyamoto was pleased with what he'd created, and distributed Pikmin 3 all around the world for others to enjoy. At this point, you're probably wondering where everyone else came from. To which I'd say that that isn't all that important. What is important, however, is the fact that Pikmin 3 is definitely the best game on Wii U to date. The controls feel very natural with the Wii Remote Nunchuk combo with its simple "point and click" mechanic, making it easy to grasp for beginners, and easy to manoeuvre for the more experienced Pikmin players. And the crazy-addictive Mission mode and Bingo Battle multiplayer more than make up for the slight shortness of the Story mode. But the shortness is again justified as the game records your top five fastest runs through Story mode to keep you engaged for longer as you strive for a personal best or a world record. And the graphics; oh, bellissimo! Normally, I would say graphical detail doesn't matter in video games. But just one glance at the visuals and your jaw will hit the floor, such is its beauty. In fact, Pikmin 3 boasts the best graphical detail I've ever seen in any video game, making the wait for future titles of the same detail that much more exciting (and agonising!). Overall, this game is pretty much perfect. Sure, your Pikmin may get stuck in annoying places. Or they might not even come when called. But that will hardly prove to be any hindrance. Fan of the franchise or not, this is a must-buy for any Wii U owner, and a system seller for anyone on the fence about buying a Wii U. Pikmin 3 marks the beginning of the end of the Wii U's "drought", and a gratifying revival of a franchise nine years dormant. Expand
  17. Sep 4, 2013
    This is the kind of game Wii U was made for. It's cute, the graphics are more animate-y than realistic (a good thing). The strategy element is fantastic on par with some of the more violent and civ-based strategy games. Great game.
  18. Oct 17, 2013
    Pikmin 3 is an incredible game It's a real time strategy game and it's easy and fun to play Everybody should play this because it's an unforgettable experience .its gorgeous in HD the gameplay is fantastic and overall a fantastic game
  19. Aug 6, 2013
    Ok so the controls in this game aren't a problem but it is starting to look like even Nintendo themselves are struggling to think of any fun or practical uses for the Wii U gamepad. With this being a RTS I opted for old Wii remote and nun-chuck controls as they basically act like a mouse. The gamepad sat in it's cradle being used only as a map (and not a very useful one). Nintendo haveOk so the controls in this game aren't a problem but it is starting to look like even Nintendo themselves are struggling to think of any fun or practical uses for the Wii U gamepad. With this being a RTS I opted for old Wii remote and nun-chuck controls as they basically act like a mouse. The gamepad sat in it's cradle being used only as a map (and not a very useful one). Nintendo have created a needlessly convoluted control scheme which turns your T.V. and gamepad into a giant DS. The problem with that is it's not compact like a handheld console and actually takes quite a bit of getting used to looking at one screen then another when your trying to get immersed in a game.

Like I say though the controls aren't really a problem, what is a problem is the mission structure and lack of depth to the campaign mode. Levels are small, Nintendo's solution is to impose short time limits by dividing your exploration up into days. Before you've had a chance to really do anything the day ends and your forced to watch the same cut scene and read the same dialogue at the end of every day. Very soon a feeling of repetition ensues. That feeling of repetition soon ended though with the game being just 11 hours long and having no real replay-ability.

That's just the story mode though. Thankfully Pikmin 3 also has a challenge mode that is much more engaging. Trying to beat your high score on a challenge or boss fight feels more rewarding and satisfying. Uploading your score also means you can see how well your doing compared to other players. Graphics, music and presentation are all excellent as you'd expect. Pikmin 3 is a good game, not great not essential. Even on a console with no games.
  20. Aug 4, 2013
    Instant classic. It's a game that is fun, humorous, challenging, brilliant and full of charm. It's a crowning moment for Nintendo with a perfect release like this.
  21. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  22. Aug 5, 2013
    There's nothing quite like PIkmin. It's the perfect mix of strategy, puzzle, action, simplicity, style and substance. You gather and grow Pikmin to suit your needs to explore levels and recover items. The only thing I can think that might bother some people is the timer, but running out of time for a day only serves as a way to break up your gameplay experience and gives hardcore playersThere's nothing quite like PIkmin. It's the perfect mix of strategy, puzzle, action, simplicity, style and substance. You gather and grow Pikmin to suit your needs to explore levels and recover items. The only thing I can think that might bother some people is the timer, but running out of time for a day only serves as a way to break up your gameplay experience and gives hardcore players bragging rights when they do things the fastest way possible. In no way does being speedy matter other than to give you something to shoot for when you decide to play through the story again. With new levels, new Pikmin types, better graphics and new modes, this game is a worthy addition to the series and seriously a reason to buy a Wii U. You absolutely can't find a game quite like Pikmin on any other platform. Expand
  23. Aug 29, 2013
    This is one of the games that you should get a WiiU for just to play this game. Pikmin 3 Is amazing! It's hard but it gives you a chance to replay it, which i love doing.
    In conclusion, if you don't have Pikmin 3 and you have a WiiU, buy Pikmin 3 ASAP.
    If you don't have a WiiU and you want Pikmin 3, buy Pikmin 3 and a Wii U.
  24. Aug 21, 2013
    this is what the wii-u was made for. you need to play it if you want to get back into those smooth graphics, how the water, air and natural surroundings make you feel like you're floating on clouds or cotton candy or something. i love how nintendo developers are actually artistic rather than realistic baroque squares. anyway play the damn game.
  25. Jan 12, 2014
    This is a really good game, there are bad things added in this, and good things. A bad thing is that, when you go in a cave, theres no sublevels and just a room or 2. Plus, when you fight a boss in a cave, the time still goes down, so you might have to fight the boss again the next day. A good thing is, for me at least, how you have a fruit supply to get, and how it is real fruit, likeThis is a really good game, there are bad things added in this, and good things. A bad thing is that, when you go in a cave, theres no sublevels and just a room or 2. Plus, when you fight a boss in a cave, the time still goes down, so you might have to fight the boss again the next day. A good thing is, for me at least, how you have a fruit supply to get, and how it is real fruit, like there is an apple, a banana, grapes, and that stuff. One thing I did not like, you don't play as Olimar and Louie. You do play as them in the last 3 levels of Mission mode, only in collect treasure and defeat enemies though. I highly suggest you get this game. Plus, 2 new pikmin! Expand
  26. Aug 19, 2013
    Probably the first must-own game on the Wii U. Pikmin 3 is by far the best game in the series. The use of 3 main characters, additional depth in battle strategy, new pikmin types, and focus on time/sunset, have combined to make this worthy experience of any gamer's time. I haven't even tried the acclaimed bingo battles, but Wii U owners can finally justify their console purchase.
  27. May 25, 2015
    This game is my favorite Wii U game as of May 2015 and has been since it came out. It's arguably the best Pikmin in the series if the first game isn't the best. It's hard to compare because of how each Pikmin in the series excels at something different. The graphics and music in this game were fantastic. It isn't loaded with the most content ever, but every inch of content is very polishedThis game is my favorite Wii U game as of May 2015 and has been since it came out. It's arguably the best Pikmin in the series if the first game isn't the best. It's hard to compare because of how each Pikmin in the series excels at something different. The graphics and music in this game were fantastic. It isn't loaded with the most content ever, but every inch of content is very polished and well thought out. The plot was the best plot of the series so far and had some eerie undertones throughout the game. The new pikmin types were very creative and added a new flavor to the pikmin gameplay. I could not be happier with this game and it deserves as much praise as it can get. Expand
  28. Oct 29, 2013
    Long awaited Pikmin 3 had finally bring their hopes up to every dedicated Nintendo fans. Shigeru Miyamoto made a great effort on the 3rd game and deserves a comeback. Dedicated Pikmin lovers recommended this game on the Wii U, you will never miss out on the hit game!
  29. Aug 27, 2013
    Pikmin 3 is a masterpiece. Flying pikmin and the gameplay is intense. This is the best high definition game. The hidden memos are nice and with extra challenges you get your money worth. multiplayer is awesome.
  30. Jan 5, 2015
    Pikmin 3 is by no means a bad game, It's one of the better ones out there for the Wii U. But when compared to its predecessors, its inferior in many aspects. The graphics are great, and the boss battles are tough and well made. But the main issue with this game is that there is not enough time in the day to make major progress. Because the day is so short, Things like boss battles take upPikmin 3 is by no means a bad game, It's one of the better ones out there for the Wii U. But when compared to its predecessors, its inferior in many aspects. The graphics are great, and the boss battles are tough and well made. But the main issue with this game is that there is not enough time in the day to make major progress. Because the day is so short, Things like boss battles take up an entire day. Whats more annoying, Is that it takes another day to deliver the items the boss dropped to your ship.
    Some people complain about the controls, It's really not too much of an issue for me, But I would rather be using a Gamecube controller then using the Wii U game pad.
    The levels in this game follow a linear path, and there isn't as much exploring as there was in the previous games. The caves in Pikmin 2 would sometimes take hours to clear, In fact I spent longer in Dream Den than I did playing the entire story of Pikmin 3.
    Perhaps the most disappointing part of this game is how short the game is, and the fact that there is NO replay-ability. It took me 7 hours to beat this game, and there is no end game content in it. And again, I spent more time in Dream Den and some of the other caves in Pikmin 2 then I did the entire story of Pikmin 3
    I don't HATE this game, Or think it sucks. I enjoyed Pikmin 3 while it lasted. Pikmin 3 is worth being played through once, But I would suggest buying this game if its at a discount. It's not too long and I didn't find it too challenging. The game will be much better if you haven't played any of the previous games. If you haven't played any of the previous games I strongly suggest you go out and play them. If you like this game, You will love the older ones.
    Pikmin 3 earns a Final score of 7.5/10

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Pikmin 3 combines RTS elements, direct action and light puzzles. The result is a quite endearing scifi-adventure despite some control issues and bland splitscreen multiplayer. There's also no real need to develop special tactics for bosses. [Aug 2013]
    Pikmin 3 is a greatly balanced, challenging at the right moments, original, adorable, and above all continually entertaining real-time strategy game, making you smile instantly. It's suited for all the gamers of all ages, and for both genders. [Issue#232]
  3. Sep 16, 2013
    Pikmin 3 is a cute game with plenty of soul. It takes the concept from the two previous games one step further with the way it combines tactics with roleplaying. In terms of graphics this is probably the most beautiful game the world has ever seen on a Nintendo console.