5.1

1. Sep 21, 2013
    A seemingly profitable concept that could have been the bane of parents' wallets around the world. Unfortunately Pokemon Rumble U lacks the staying power to keep even the most engrossed young Pokemon fans satisfied. Parents got lucky with this bomb.
  2. Sep 8, 2013
    Nobody played the original Pokemon Rumble games for the terrible arena fights, the trail levels were what kept the game interesting. By making a game comprised solely of boring and soulless arena fights I don't feel I can trust the Pokemon Rumble franchise anymore
  3. Jul 29, 2014
    Pokémon Rumble, for Wii, was a cheap, fun little diversion that I hoped to see more of.
    Pokémon Rumble Blast, for 3DS, took what made the first game enjoyable and expanded upon that gameplay, offering new features, battle modes, and interesting levels. It still might not have justified its price point, but I was alright with it. I knew about what I could expect for my money.
    Pokémon

Pokémon Rumble U is a complete disappointment. It seems the developers just got sick of level design and said "Screw it, let's just use the same arena for every level, putting some different thematic elements and decorations on it once in a while. The demographic we're targeting probably won't notice or care."

Well, some of us do care. I was looking forward to being able to catch all 649 Pokémon in a single game like this, but the experience feels so stagnant, repetitive, and dull that I wouldn't bother completing this game unless I had exhausted literally thousands of other games, which I deem more worth my time than this pathetic cash grab.

As a side note, I didn't buy the game for its NFC features, and had no intentions of buying any of the figurines. I look forward to Nintendo's Amiibo features in future games, where it will actually be worth buying complementary figures. I feel, however, that too many reviews of Pokémon Rumble U hone in on the figurine ploy, which, though I'll admit it wasn't the best move, isn't essential to the core gameplay, and certainly not necessary.

Anyway, yeah. Don't buy this game. The first game was good, the second game was better, this third entry in the series should have Garbodor as its mascot.

1. Jan 2, 2014
    Pokemon Rumble U is a major setback for the spin-off series in many ways.
  2. A slight, but serviceable spin-off that has bags of energy, if little else. [Nov 2013, p.80]
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    While it’s alright in quick bursts, it gets tiring very quickly, and it won’t be too long before you find yourself wanting to go back to main series games and play something more fulfilling.