9.0

1. Nov 22, 2013
    By far the funnest Mario game in years! I urge anyone with a wii u to purchase this game. This is pure AAA grade Nintendo gaming. The local multiplayer is an absolute blast anyone can join & leave whenever. Perfect game for families or hanging out with friends. Highly recommended!
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    It's launch day, so I may be rushing to judgement here, but up through the first half of the game this has to be one of the best platformers ever made. The 4-player co-op is even better than in New Super Mario Bros. because there is more space for a casual player to keep safe while the experienced gamers lead the way. As is typical for a Mario game, the levels start off very easy but ramp up in difficulty as it progresses. The level variety and design is just the best in the industry. The double cherry power ups alone are a brilliant and well-executed idea worthy of a whole game: in some levels you can control a huge amount of clones by collecting cherries. It works amazingly well and controlling all of the clones at once is actually manageable and intuitive. If you're all about the gameplay and don't care about realistic graphics or storyline, there isn't any better game on the market. I'm saying this as someone who owns an Xbox and Playstation, too. I have plenty of games to play right now, but there's nothing I'd rather play over this. Expand
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is pure platforming fun. Something everyone from every skill level can enjoy. Tons of power ups, innovative levels, art direction.. perfect controls. It's everything you want out of a Mario game. This is the real deal an excellent buy for anyone with a wii u.
  4. Nov 22, 2013
    How could you complain about a game like this?? Seriously its pure FUN from beginning to end. Not to mention the soundtrack is amazing, the visuals are astounding and the multiplayer is actually pretty darn good. Its a perfect game for a system that needed a game like this. Its a system-seller.
  5. Nov 22, 2013
    Some of the best level design ever made in any platformer. The music, graphics, and sound are all great. So far this is the best game released all year.
  6. Nov 22, 2013
    Probably the best Mario game since Mario Galaxy! it's so full of life and ideas. it's rich and fun with never a dull moment. And the co-op mode is a must try.
    I was quite worried for Nintendo lately but with this Mario they prove they are still capable of crafting little masterpieces.
  7. Nov 22, 2013
    This games is awesome! It´s gorgeous, truly beautiful. The gameplay is absolutely PERFECT: everything works great on this game. I loved the multiplayer, playing Mario with your family and friends hasn´t ever been so FUN. This game is a system seller. You must buy it today to have fun for years because the replay is just thrilling. C´mon we talking about the first 3D Mario HD game. Buy it and PLAY IT! Expand
  8. Nov 22, 2013
    I have to say that this is bordering on being the most FUN I had in a videogame in my almost 30 years of being a gamer. I hate the rampant overuse of the term "Next-Gen" but this game is truly Next-Gen, not only in graphics, but also in Game-Play which is the most difficult task to achieve for a developer. Insane amounts of Polish permeating everything from visuals to performance to control, jumping, speed and inertia with absolutely unbelievable wealth of ideas each one is more fun than the last, a total work of love reflecting almost infinite experience, dedication and passion. EAD, I am in a total loss of words, you are truly and deservedly the best in the world! You made me feel like a kid again and escape the harsh realities of the real world. Woohooooooooooo!!! Expand
  9. Nov 22, 2013
    Nintendo done again

Super Mario 3D world, is absolute amazing this game is fantastic in all possible aspects

If you love games you need to buy a WiiU and play this game
  10. Nov 22, 2013
    super mario 3d world best 3d platformer game and very funny
    this game have beautiful graphic & gameplay & music
    every wiiu owners must take this
    tnx so much
  11. Nov 23, 2013
    What can you say except for one of the greatest games I've ever played. From the fun power ups, to the amazing visuals, I had nothing but fun playing through this game. MUST HAVE, pick it up. I'm hoping it does get game of the year because this game deserves it.
  12. Nov 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok I changed my mind. I was a Mario hater and a Wii U hater but now that i've played this game I realize that Nintendo is factually the greatest thing in the video game industry. The Xbox One and PS4 are disasters at launch and I completely regret buying both of them. Get a Wii U with this game instead. Expand
  13. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is an achievement by Nintendo, it's that good. It has the most enjoyable co-op gameplay I've personally come across. The game has a certain charm, it has heart to it, and that's what makes this game good. The visuals, music, power ups, enemies, all contribute to the experience of Super Mario 3D World, and this is an experience that you do not want to miss.
  14. Nov 23, 2013
    Is this the greatest 3D mario game ever?
    It may not be. But still it's a perfect game, you can always trust a mario game.
    The one game that makes the Wii U a must-have console, and it's the first of many to come.
  15. Nov 22, 2013
    The best game for Wii U so far since it's launch. Super Mario 3D World not only entertained me, but amazed me, with it's creativity of new levels, new power-ups, and even Miiverse functions. Although the first few worlds were a piece of cake, the last few and special worlds will be a challenge to Mario veterans out there. The new power-ups are addicting to use, The Cat Suit is very entertaining and hilarious to use, and the Double Cherry is a very popular item in my opinion and I love it when the number of me adds up. Overall, this is one of the best Mario games I've played for a long time, with it's creativity, well done level design, tributes to other games (ex Super Mario Bros. 2), Peach is PLAYABLE, and more. This surely should help boost the Wii U sales, and definitely is the thing I will be playing all month instead of the Xbox One. Expand
  16. Nov 23, 2013
    After playing Super Mario 3D World, I believe this game is the epitome of platforming fun. I can't imagine a Mario game being more slick, polished, refined, and most of all, any more fun, than this. This was a game made by Mario fans for Mario fans. The music is original, incredible, and almost fully orchestrated, which is something we need more of in Nintendo games. The graphics are colorful, vibrant, and crisp. I honestly can't imagine a Mario game looking much better than this.

The game feels alive, whereas past Mario games felt stale, soulless, and rehashed. You can see, hear, and feel that the developers made a great effort in making this game as fun as possible, and to improve on the classic Mario formula. Here's to hoping these guys continue to make Mario games for many years to come! New enemies, new music, new ideas, and developers taking chances instead of relying on the exact same things over and over. As someone who was not impressed with the rehashing of the NSMB series and a lack of any solid 3D installment before Super Mario 3D Land (since Galaxy 2), this game is a breath of fresh air and a reinvigorating new evolution of the Super Mario formula.

Obviously, 3D World bears many similarities to Super Mario 3D Land, and it could be said that it is a nice extension of that game for the Wii U. That's not really a bad thing, as 3D Land was also an incredible installment. This game brings back the feeling of Super Mario 64 to me, but with less exploration and a higher focus on skilled platforming, clever level design, and some hidden secrets. If anything, there aren't enough secrets to explore, and the levels can be a bit too linear and straight-forward for some people who may have liked SM64's open levels. However, this more compact and linear level design hearkens back to classic games like SMB, SMB2, SMB3, and SMW.

The co-op is more fun and less frustrating than in the NSMB series; having that extra dimension to run around in is great and makes co-op with four people not only doable but a different experience than playing alone or with one other person. While working together, you are also competing for a high score at the end of every level, which leads to some fun and slightly competitive gameplay between friends where each person is trying to outdo the others and hold onto the crown. Honestly, I will never want to play a co-op platform game that doesn't function like this now.

The menus and titles are awesome, similar to those in 3D Land; crisp, clean design featuring classic SMW-styled cartoon art that is just amazing and fits so perfectly. The menus function really well, allowing players to not only jump in and out of gameplay whenever, but also to switch controllers between the Gamepad, Pro Controllers, Wii Remote, or Classic Controller. Just being able to switch in and out of gameplay, as well as the inclusion of various different controllers to use, is a welcome addition, as I personally love using the Pro Controller as opposed to a Wii Remote.

The game doesn't make amazing use of the Game Pad, but honestly, I don't care. I don't love the Game Pad. It's okay, but I don't think it's inclusion into the controls of the game would've helped the game much at all. It's a fantastic game without throwing in gimmicky Game Pad controls, which a few levels make use of by having to blow on the microphone, or raise platforms on the touch screen.

Overall, I can easily say that this is the best Mario game in ages, and may very well prove to be one of the best Mario games ever. Obviously, it's hard to beat the classics, but this game seems to pull from every classic Mario game and put it all together to create one of the most fun Mario experiences I've personally experienced. Perhaps all of those years of lackluster sequels has made me a bit too easy to impress, but this game has gone above and beyond what I was expecting. I highly recommend you play it yourself!
  17. Nov 23, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World. A game that originally started out as looking bland and boring, is now a game being considered better then Galaxy. With immersive orchestrated music, rich level design and now in HD, the game not only looks amazing, but sounds and feels amazing as well. Now with 4 player co-op, you can also enjoy it with your friends. Despite this game being a some what sequel to 3D Land, the game feels almost fresh and new. It basically is! 10/10. Expand
  18. Nov 22, 2013
    I can't stop playing. It's really that fun to play, explore, and be surprised in Super Mario 3D world. The charm and creativity of each level is unmatched by any Mario game since the Galaxy series. While this game can be played with up to four people, it's an absolute joy to play on your own. Also, while I thought the Cat Suit was a little lame before I played the game, it's now my favorite item to have. After a slightly disappointing Super Mario Bros. U, I was a little unsure of this title. Nintendo proved me wrong. Expand
  19. Nov 23, 2013
    At first Super Mario 3D world looks like an HD version of Super Mario 3D land. But once you actually get into The game you notice that it is completely different and far more innovative. While its not as open as Mario 64 it is more open than the new super Mario bros series. It offers the classic Mario mechanics and power ups but adds new ones as well. The new Cat suit is far from a gimmick. It allows you to speed run certain areas and compile a series of tricks that are impossible with other power ups but it still takes a little bit of thinking outside the box and skills to use it to your full advantage. The levels are great and original you would expect from a Mario title. Power ups great however Super Mario 3D world has the best multiplayer out of any official Mario game. Singleplayer is amazing but playing with skillful friends can truly bring out some Great times. This is the best Wii U game to date but Also the best next generation game to date out of all 3 consoles. Defiantly a good reason to pick up a Wii U Expand
  20. Nov 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Super Mario 3D World is a very good game, there's no doubt about that. It's well made, is what you could say at the very least. People usually complain about the lack of imagination of the "New" Series of Mario games and seem to think that Nintendo doesn't know how to be creative anymore. Well, Super Mario 3D World proves them absolutely wrong. From dozens of new enemies, level ideas, and ways to traverse depending on your power-up and character abilities, Super Mario 3D World dishes out the imagination in spades, while having multiple nods to the classic Mario games you've played before.

As for post game content, there's still a few extra worlds after you've beaten the final boss, and an extra character to unlock. Playing this game start to end will most likely be one of the greatest experiences you have on the Wii U for years to come. The only real issues is the sometimes odd camera angles, and Multiplayer being a bit confusing. Other than a few minor annoyances with these things, you'll be fine for most of your play through the game.
  21. Nov 23, 2013
    A really good game on the WiiU if not the best yet. Super Mario 3D world is a very fun single as well as multiplayer game. One of the best Mario games for sure since Super Mario bros. Definitely in my top 3
  22. Nov 22, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World is one of the best platformers ever made. Though obviously not as revolutionary as say, Super Mario Galaxy, 3D World sets itself apart by offering a completely unique experience. I found that, after playing for five straight hours, it hardly felt like any time had passed at all. This game is truly remarkable and a definite must-have for both platforming veterans and newcomers alike. Expand
  23. Nov 23, 2013
    Me and my daughters absolute loved the game. It's so cool, awesome graphics, awesome playing experience. Control is accurate. The game is so fun to play. I highly recommend. Nintendo still make the best games today... I'm looking forward to play Mario Kart 8 and the new Zelda! Thanks!
  24. Nov 23, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World is that type of game that succeeds in surprising you level after level with it's stellar level designs. The graphics are amazing by any standard.

Super Mario 3D World does what so few game succeed in doing: Surprising you constantly by keeping it's designs so fresh and unique. A game that every wiiU owner should pick up and also a game that is worth purchasing the
    system for those who haven't already. Expand
  25. Nov 23, 2013
    The best Mario game so far. Why? Because it has more content than ALL the Mario games combined to this date, and it has a lot of replay value. Graphics: 7/10 Music: 9/10 Gameplay: 10/10 Story: 10/10 Replay Value: 9/10 Length of the game: 8/10 Controllers: 9/10 OVERALL: 8.85 (rounded to 9) BONUS FOR BEING THE BEST MARIO GAME UP TO DATE (+1) 10/10
  26. Nov 23, 2013
    This game is just amazing. Being able to play as the 4 players from super mario bros 2 is great, with all the old moves I rember, this game is great, and a must have for any wii u owner
  27. Nov 23, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece and definitely deserving game of the year. The graphic are amazing and definitely the best the Wiiu has to offer. The soundtrack is best of the Mario franchise thus far from catchy tune to a jazzy tune. Controls amazing as hell and easy to learn in a moments notice. I recommend this game to anyone and this game is a reason to pick up a Wiiu today.
  28. Nov 22, 2013
    Trully nice game!
    The game not only looks great but plays awesome! Every single level brings a surprise, it's easily one of the TOP 3 Mario games ever made!
  29. Nov 26, 2013
    I bought the Wii-U at launch for Nintendo titles, and finally the game that made my purchase worthwhile is here! Super Mario 3d World is perfection. I love Mario games in general with my favorite being Mario 3, Mario 64, and Mario on the 3ds. This is among them. It is a complete blast to play with couch co-op and the addition of the cat suit is genius. There are things I wish they could have added, like a few multiplayer mini-games that could be playable from the title screen, and that is a personal nitpick with someone that has young children. The game is accessible for young children, but there will be parts that they will have to "bubble up" and allow an adult to finish for them, so a few minigames based of a couple levels would have been a nice bonus.

Grahics- 10. the game looks stunning and everything about the worlds, maps, and characters are gorgeous
    Sound- 8. Mario titles always have the catchy mario tune in parts of the game, and the sound of jumping and running are basically the same. I didn't expect much more with sound and the game is so fun you hardly notice music and sound effects.
    Controls- 9.5 Snappy and great controls, which is needed for a plateformer. It may take a person to bit to get used to jumping since the game is '3d' which brings a bit of an extra challenge for plateformers.
    Fun Factor- 10. The game is fun and if you love Mario you will Love this title. Children will enjoy it and the only thing that would have been nice would have been more than 4 characters to choose from in couch coop. You choose toad, mario, luigi, and Princess Peach. A couple more would have been cool, Like Daisy, Rosalina, Toadette, wario, warluigi, etc. Just for the purpose of multiplayer.
  30. Nov 24, 2013
    This game is the reason why I love Nintendo so much. It incorporates old game play mechanics as well as newer ones into a game that feels like the whole platformer genre has been re-innovated. Every level is something new for you to explore and never gets old.

What makes this game a must have for Wii U owners is how simple it is for a friend to join in on the fun with multiplayer. The
    four player is not new to Mario games but it adds a re-playability to the game because you can have a friend over and have hours of fun trying to beat each other's score to win the coveted crown for yourself.

Weather you are playing alone or with a friend this game delivers an experience that no platformer game has done before it. It's a must buy if you own a Wii U.

1. Jul 25, 2014
    While not as revolutionary as Mario 64 or Galaxy, 3D World manages to feel simultaneously fresh and nostalgic in a way the New Super Mario Bros. series never quite realized.
  2. Mar 11, 2014
    Mario Galaxies have finally gotten the follow up they so rightfully deserve. Fun, exciting and surprising, Super Mario 3D World is everything a good platformer needs to be. [Dec 2013]
  3. Feb 19, 2014
    I'm sure some players will get a kick out of throwing each other into pits or causing chaos in a cat suit, but 3D World stands squarely in the shadow of other, greater entries in the series.