9.0

1. Nov 22, 2013
    By far the funnest Mario game in years! I urge anyone with a wii u to purchase this game. This is pure AAA grade Nintendo gaming. The local multiplayer is an absolute blast anyone can join & leave whenever. Perfect game for families or hanging out with friends. Highly recommended!
  2. Nov 22, 2013
    It's launch day, so I may be rushing to judgement here, but up through the first half of the game this has to be one of the best platformers ever made. The 4-player co-op is even better than in New Super Mario Bros. because there is more space for a casual player to keep safe while the experienced gamers lead the way. As is typical for a Mario game, the levels start off very easy but rampIt's launch day, so I may be rushing to judgement here, but up through the first half of the game this has to be one of the best platformers ever made. The 4-player co-op is even better than in New Super Mario Bros. because there is more space for a casual player to keep safe while the experienced gamers lead the way. As is typical for a Mario game, the levels start off very easy but ramp up in difficulty as it progresses. The level variety and design is just the best in the industry. The double cherry power ups alone are a brilliant and well-executed idea worthy of a whole game: in some levels you can control a huge amount of clones by collecting cherries. It works amazingly well and controlling all of the clones at once is actually manageable and intuitive. If you're all about the gameplay and don't care about realistic graphics or storyline, there isn't any better game on the market. I'm saying this as someone who owns an Xbox and Playstation, too. I have plenty of games to play right now, but there's nothing I'd rather play over this. Expand
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is pure platforming fun. Something everyone from every skill level can enjoy. Tons of power ups, innovative levels, art direction.. perfect controls. It's everything you want out of a Mario game. This is the real deal an excellent buy for anyone with a wii u.
  4. Nov 22, 2013
    Some of the best level design ever made in any platformer. The music, graphics, and sound are all great. So far this is the best game released all year.
  5. Nov 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok I changed my mind. I was a Mario hater and a Wii U hater but now that i've played this game I realize that Nintendo is factually the greatest thing in the video game industry. The Xbox One and PS4 are disasters at launch and I completely regret buying both of them. Get a Wii U with this game instead. Expand
  6. Nov 23, 2013
    What can you say except for one of the greatest games I've ever played. From the fun power ups, to the amazing visuals, I had nothing but fun playing through this game. MUST HAVE, pick it up. I'm hoping it does get game of the year because this game deserves it.
  7. Nov 22, 2013
    How could you complain about a game like this?? Seriously its pure FUN from beginning to end. Not to mention the soundtrack is amazing, the visuals are astounding and the multiplayer is actually pretty darn good. Its a perfect game for a system that needed a game like this. Its a system-seller.
  8. Nov 22, 2013
    super mario 3d world best 3d platformer game and very funny
    this game have beautiful graphic & gameplay & music
    every wiiu owners must take this
    tnx so much
  9. Nov 22, 2013
    I have to say that this is bordering on being the most FUN I had in a videogame in my almost 30 years of being a gamer. I hate the rampant overuse of the term "Next-Gen" but this game is truly Next-Gen, not only in graphics, but also in Game-Play which is the most difficult task to achieve for a developer. Insane amounts of Polish permeating everything from visuals to performance toI have to say that this is bordering on being the most FUN I had in a videogame in my almost 30 years of being a gamer. I hate the rampant overuse of the term "Next-Gen" but this game is truly Next-Gen, not only in graphics, but also in Game-Play which is the most difficult task to achieve for a developer. Insane amounts of Polish permeating everything from visuals to performance to control, jumping, speed and inertia with absolutely unbelievable wealth of ideas each one is more fun than the last, a total work of love reflecting almost infinite experience, dedication and passion. EAD, I am in a total loss of words, you are truly and deservedly the best in the world! You made me feel like a kid again and escape the harsh realities of the real world. Woohooooooooooo!!! Expand
  10. Nov 22, 2013
    Nintendo done again

Super Mario 3D world, is absolute amazing this game is fantastic in all possible aspects

If you love games you need to buy a WiiU and play this game
  11. Nov 22, 2013
    This games is awesome! It´s gorgeous, truly beautiful. The gameplay is absolutely PERFECT: everything works great on this game. I loved the multiplayer, playing Mario with your family and friends hasn´t ever been so FUN. This game is a system seller. You must buy it today to have fun for years because the replay is just thrilling. C´mon we talking about the first 3D Mario HD game. Buy itThis games is awesome! It´s gorgeous, truly beautiful. The gameplay is absolutely PERFECT: everything works great on this game. I loved the multiplayer, playing Mario with your family and friends hasn´t ever been so FUN. This game is a system seller. You must buy it today to have fun for years because the replay is just thrilling. C´mon we talking about the first 3D Mario HD game. Buy it and PLAY IT! Expand
  12. Nov 22, 2013
    Probably the best Mario game since Mario Galaxy! it's so full of life and ideas. it's rich and fun with never a dull moment. And the co-op mode is a must try.
    I was quite worried for Nintendo lately but with this Mario they prove they are still capable of crafting little masterpieces.
  13. Feb 4, 2014
    A defining platformer full of brilliant ideas, colourful landscapes and amusing enemies. Brilliant to play single player, and really shines if you play multiplayer.
  14. Jan 28, 2014
    Super Mario 3D World is a multiplayer masterpiece. I'm 28 and had a blast playing this game with my other adult friends. Nintendo has a way of making great timeless games for EVERYONE! If you own a Wii U, there's no reason not to pick this game up. And if you haven't purchased one yet, now is a great time to consider. There are many great games out for the console, with many more to come.!Super Mario 3D World is a multiplayer masterpiece. I'm 28 and had a blast playing this game with my other adult friends. Nintendo has a way of making great timeless games for EVERYONE! If you own a Wii U, there's no reason not to pick this game up. And if you haven't purchased one yet, now is a great time to consider. There are many great games out for the console, with many more to come.! Support Nintendo. I don't want to live in a world without them. Expand
  15. Jan 1, 2014
    When a game is as good as Super Mario 3D World, it's hard to think of the words that sums it up with sufficient accuracy. But I'll give it a go:

Nintendo's Game of the Year. This is a fresh installment to the Mario franchise, unleashing outstanding class and originality in one neat little package. It captures the very essence of platforming and makes it relevant for any age group, at any level of expertise, in single player or in multiplayer. A casual audience will love having their mates over for a bout in racing for the flag, while the hardcore gamers will have their hands full in trying to achieve 100% completion and setting personal bests for the online community to beat. For many, Super Mario 3D World is the game that justifies their purchase of a Wii U console, and it opens the minds of Wii U owners to fully see what the newest Nintendo home console is truly capable of.
  16. Dec 25, 2013
    Mario 3D World is so funny that is impossible to stop laughing. I have been playing with my little brother and the experience has been super colourful and addictive. The mechanics are super easy to perform and at the same time is deep. This is the best Wii U game right now.
  17. Dec 30, 2013
    This game is by far my favorite Wii-U game so far (and possibly my favorite Mario game). The graphics, despite being a cartoon, are fantastic along with the soundtrack. The soundtrack is one of the best parts of this game and really adds to the atmosphere of the game. One thing that I noticed they left out was a story. It had almost no story to it; the only parts being Bowser has doneThis game is by far my favorite Wii-U game so far (and possibly my favorite Mario game). The graphics, despite being a cartoon, are fantastic along with the soundtrack. The soundtrack is one of the best parts of this game and really adds to the atmosphere of the game. One thing that I noticed they left out was a story. It had almost no story to it; the only parts being Bowser has done something bad and you have to stop him. I don't think that this really pulled the game down, I still loved it, but it couldn't have hurt to add a more complex one.
    A must for any Wii-u owner. It does get a bit difficult towards the end.
  18. Feb 12, 2014
    Not as epic as say, Super Mario Galaxy, but still just as a charming, beautiful, cleverly crafted game. The stages in this game are short, but all of them have 3 green stars, one stamp, and you have to get to the top of the flag at the end of each level to 100% the game, which almost doubles the length of gameplay, and makes it much harder. And it's a ton of fun to play with friends, orNot as epic as say, Super Mario Galaxy, but still just as a charming, beautiful, cleverly crafted game. The stages in this game are short, but all of them have 3 green stars, one stamp, and you have to get to the top of the flag at the end of each level to 100% the game, which almost doubles the length of gameplay, and makes it much harder. And it's a ton of fun to play with friends, or race against ghosts of other players. Expand
  19. Dec 25, 2013
    Prepare to get sucked into a world whose charm and creativity are almost too much for words. Mario's first 3D adventure on Wii U is the kind of game that exhales an almost magic sense of fun, making it oh so hard to put the controller down.

As you may have heard, this is the first 3D Mario game that features a true multiplayer mode. Taking inspiration from somewhat underrated gem Super Mario Bros. 2 on the NES, you're able to play as either Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach or Toad (with a fifth unlockable character for you to find), each with their own abilities, either alone or with friends. Better yet, the designers managed to somehow craft an experience that feels perfectly suited for both solo playthroughs and multiplayer madness.

There are quite a few power ups available (both old and new), with the adorable cat suit being at the forefront. It's not just cuteness, either, as Cat Mario & friends are given the very useful ability of wall (and flagpole) climbing. My favorite power up, however, has to be the double cherry, an item that adds another version of your chosen character to be controlled by you at the same time. Of course, you also get to chain cherries, which can result in you controlling up to five of the same characters at once. Yes, this is as chaotic as it sounds, and it's just as fun as you'd imagine.

The graphics are the best they've ever been in the entire series, with 60 frames per second being the norm all the way through, and benefitting from Wii U's HD capabilities. The character textures have a kind of luminous sheen that goes extremely easy on the eyes, and the lighting effects are great. The attention to detail displayed here is stunning, and can be appreciated from Cat mario's feline mannerisms to the raindrops rolling down the camera screen. The music is equally as impressive, featuring many new tunes that are as catchy as the classic ones. This is a game that never fails to keep impressing you with its production value and unbridled creativity.

Another constantly impressive trait is the level design. The game features some of the best levels ever crafted for any 3D platformer ever, taking full advantage of the possibilities for each of the game's many power ups, and hiding collectibles (sometimes quite deviously) all the way through.

Aside from the now usual stars, you're also tasked with finding a special stamp on each stage. Each of them is unique, allowing you to customize Miiverse posts depending on which ones you've found. It's a great idea that gives collectibles further use, while letting you brag by innocuously including a hard-to-find stamp image on a message that will then be read by fellow players in-game. There do seems to be a lack of less obvious secrets, though, with only a couple of warp zones to stand in for secret exits.

The game differs from previous 3D Mario games in its stage and world structure. Perhaps to help accommodate multiplayer (and to bounce off the success of 3DS's slightly overrated Super Mario 3D Land), stages are more linear than usual, with a clear finishing line in each of them. This makes 3D World, in a way, less deep than the likes of Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but has the potential to disappoint some more hard-core exploration enthusiasts. In the same vein, the difficulty is generally toned down, with most stages not being necessarily hard. Luckily, the series's sense of creativity continues to permeate each world, making the game worthy of standing on the same pantheon as those previous classics.

Continuing this long line of impressive 3D outings for the main Super Mario series, 3D World is a testament to the game design brilliance of Nintendo. From start to finish, the game is the kind of joyous experience that keeps people coming back to the Japanese company in face of the by-the-numbers shooters and uber-realistic graphics that flood the industry these days. It's a brave set of footsteps for other companies to hopefully follow, and a reminder of why video games are so much fun in the first place.

Rating: 9.5
  20. Dec 31, 2013
    This game is one of the best Mario games I have played. It is totally worth buying because all the levels are really good fun and there is lots of new things added to the game. I really like the cat suit because you can run up walls, you can do dive attacks and use your claws to attack. It is really good that they added Pellise back into the game. You can also play as Princess Peach andThis game is one of the best Mario games I have played. It is totally worth buying because all the levels are really good fun and there is lots of new things added to the game. I really like the cat suit because you can run up walls, you can do dive attacks and use your claws to attack. It is really good that they added Pellise back into the game. You can also play as Princess Peach and she can her hover from a short distance. Mario is still the most skilful, Luigi can jump up high and Toad can run fast.

It doesn't have coin rush and time limit races or little mini-games but it was still heaps of fun to play.
  21. Jan 12, 2014
    What really spurred me to actually write this short review was the troll-review of "peewee_RotA", who gave this game a 0. I believe a game of this calibur needs to be defended, thus I am rating this game the 10 it rightly deserves.

Rest assured, this is Mario at his very finest. Super Mario 3D World blends together everything which makes both the 2D and 3D Mario games great and then some. The graphics are stunning, sharp, colourful and the lighting effects are amazing. The controls are tight and responsive and much like the 2D games in terms of physics coupled with the twists and flips of 3D Mario.

The levels are varied in style and theme much more than any recent Mario titles and are interesting to explore and filled with puzzles and uniqe elements. The music is catchy and of fantastic quality once again, and there are so many power-ups, secret levels and additional features (MiiVerse functionality with stamps, hidden easter eggs, help for younger players optional) available that it is clear Nintendo really know how to make a video game.

The game leaks from the very brim with Mario-style. There's so many different nods to past games that will thrill you if you're a veteran, and intruige you if you're new to the series. Nothing feels out of place, and the game flows perfectly.

The game is even 2 to 4 player and varied as such because each character has their own abilities and this affects certain elements of the game.

At over 20 - 30 hours long to complete the entire game including all collectibles, this is also one of the longest Mario games.

All in all, I'm not sure how to sum this game up. Rather, this is an analysis of the features this game has, and should give you an indication of what to expect. If you loved Super Mario Galaxy, you'll love this. If you loved Super Mario Bros 2 and 3, you'll also find what you're looking for here.

In fact, if you love any of the previous core Mario titles, platform games or just fun in general, you'd be a fool to not play this game.

This is definitely one of the best games I have ever played.
  22. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is one of the most fun games on the wii u, the co op in this game is phenomenal. My only complaint with this game is that it is very long and seems to keep on going when you think your done otherwise, great game!
  23. Jan 1, 2014
    just like all the other reviews you've checked, this game is just great in every way you can imagine. It has wonderful controls, a variety of characters to choose from (Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Peach) beautiful visuals, an amazing soundtrack! i say if you own a Wii U, this is a game that you need to own.
  24. Dec 30, 2013
    Super Mario 3D World is nothing less than platforming perfection. From the innovative level designs to the catchy music and eye-catching visuals there is truly not a single thing I can complain about. Not only is it great playing solo but the multiplayer has given me some of the most fun I've had from my Wii U since I got it, even when playing with people with much less experience withSuper Mario 3D World is nothing less than platforming perfection. From the innovative level designs to the catchy music and eye-catching visuals there is truly not a single thing I can complain about. Not only is it great playing solo but the multiplayer has given me some of the most fun I've had from my Wii U since I got it, even when playing with people with much less experience with platformers (or even video games) than me. Definitely a must have for anyone with a Wii U. Expand
  25. Dec 28, 2013
    The game scales from pretty easy to normal to hard to really hard at a nice pace. the game has a nice variation between long and short levels. playing single player will have you searching every part of a level looking for secrets and hidden goodies while multiplayer has this chaotic fun that only this game can bring out. it looks fantastic and the music matches that if not, surpasses it.The game scales from pretty easy to normal to hard to really hard at a nice pace. the game has a nice variation between long and short levels. playing single player will have you searching every part of a level looking for secrets and hidden goodies while multiplayer has this chaotic fun that only this game can bring out. it looks fantastic and the music matches that if not, surpasses it. it's a game that every wiiu owner should have. Expand
  26. Feb 22, 2014
    I wasn't so sure about this game prior to playing. My personal preference is more a classic 2D platformer. However, Nintendo has incorporated a slice of each of the classics and mashed it into an awesome 3D world... and it plays so well! Each level is somewhat unique, not overly challenging but not too easy either. Visuals are amazing. Soundtrack is very catchy, although slightlyI wasn't so sure about this game prior to playing. My personal preference is more a classic 2D platformer. However, Nintendo has incorporated a slice of each of the classics and mashed it into an awesome 3D world... and it plays so well! Each level is somewhat unique, not overly challenging but not too easy either. Visuals are amazing. Soundtrack is very catchy, although slightly repetitive. Overall fantastic game and a must have for Wii U and those who enjoy Mario platformers. Expand
  27. Dec 31, 2013
    Perfect in ways unlike the Galaxy series, 3D World is my game of the year. I went in quite skeptical but came away very pleased. The sheer amount of new game play mechanics is outstanding. Not to mention having a great soundtrack.
  28. Dec 27, 2013
    The Mario series has recently got repetitive and unimaginative. I was worried this would be the point where it stopped being the perfect example of game design it once was, but Super Mario 3D World proved me wrong. Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario game since Galaxy 2, and in many ways it’s almost like a new Mario Galaxy game. It’s full of playful ideas, creative power-ups andThe Mario series has recently got repetitive and unimaginative. I was worried this would be the point where it stopped being the perfect example of game design it once was, but Super Mario 3D World proved me wrong. Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario game since Galaxy 2, and in many ways it’s almost like a new Mario Galaxy game. It’s full of playful ideas, creative power-ups and pitch-perfect design.
    The graphics look beautiful. They’re crisp and sharp, and 3D World revels in telling you that. From visually stunning cutscenes to camera angles that show you the world’s beauty, Super Mario 3D World uses graphics to generate an atmosphere that’s unrivalled by other games. This is the best Mario games have ever looked, in glorious, colourful HD. Lots of new environments help make it look so good. Tiny details aren’t overlooked- small droplets of water trickle down the screen in rainy levels. There is a level set in the African Savannah, in which the sun casts a spell on the land. Even environments from previous Marios are updated to look fantastic: the water sparkles beautifully in the beach levels and the lava in volcano levels has never looked more alive.
    The fantastic music sets the atmosphere, ranging from the haunting ghost house theme to the many jazzy tunes in the game. The recordings are of excellent quality, too.
    But while the presentation of the game firmly pushes it into the next-gen, it’s the groundbreaking gameplay that makes it one of the best Mario games. Multiplayer is a riot, with chaotic gameplay that’s full of calamity, and yet fun. Each character has different strengths and weaknesses, for example, Peach is one for inexperienced players as she can glide and runs slower. It’s one of the best additions to a Mario game since he went to space. It is annoying, however, that players share lives, so an expert player may find all their lives drained if they’re playing with a novice. This isn’t a huge problem, though, as getting a game over only takes you back to the start of the level. Local multiplayer is a blast, but it’s a shame there’s no online.
    There are loads of new power-ups and items. As well as returning ones, the cat suit allows Mario to climb walls and scratch enemies, but the double cherry was my favourite. Every time you collect one, it creates a clone of you that you control at the same time. Soon I had five clones of myself and combined with fire Mario, I could shoot five fireballs at a time! It allows for fun, chaotic gameplay.
    Of course the power-ups would be useless without the level design, and 3D World succeeds on that area too. Levels are brimming with creativity. Each one is wildly different from the other. Some of my favourites were an underground level in which you could only see the shadows of everything. In another, there were platforms that appeared and disappeared in time with the rhythm of the music. Mario 3D World juggles tonnes of new ideas but never lets any of them outstay their welcome. I constantly complete a level (which usually take about 5 minutes) to be faced with yet another idea which turns everything on its head. Sadly, the Gamepad is integrated very little into the game. That second screen’s capabilities are not utilised nearly as much as they should be. This doesn’t remove the creativity in the game at all though, and 3D World has some of the best bosses in the series, with hugely inventive battles, despite there not being enough of them.
    Levels are at their most challenging in this entry in the series, as well. Prepare to die a lot, especially in the later stages. Some of the levels in the Bowser world seriously challenged me, with one in particular killing me over fifteen times. Overall, the game took me about 10 hours from the beginning to the end credits, which is an underwhelming length when compared to its predecessors. It’s got a lot of content, but the fact levels are short bursts of energy rather than the long challenges they were in games in the Galaxy series means 3D World is a lot shorter. There are however 3 green stars and a stamp to collect in each level, which are hidden in hard-to-find areas or put in precarious positions that are extremely hard to reach and survive. There are also extra levels available after you beat the game, but fewer than in past Mario games. Altogether, though, 3D World does add up to a longer experience than 10 hours, particularly if you aim to complete it 100%. It’s an excellent Mario game, one that’s constantly throwing in something new. It has better graphics and framerate than the majority of PS4 and Xbox One launch games and, best of all, it’s huge fun to play. It can easily claim the prize of being an outstanding platformer, and it proves that even now, Nintendo can still create an inventive, fresh and well-designed Mario game as much as they could 25 years ago.
  29. Jan 17, 2014
    one of the best games out there on the wii u super mario 3d world brings the enjoyful of mario luigi toad and peach the game has quite a lot things you can do the captain toad game are far of may fav mini games on here this is more step foward to super mario 3d land
  30. Jan 1, 2014
    This is the best mario game since galaxy Super mario 3d world is an outstanding game it fantastic in every aspect it's creative and the game is extremely fun

1. Jan 28, 2015
    This game was yet another solid, fun-for-days title in the Mario series.
  2. Jul 25, 2014
    While not as revolutionary as Mario 64 or Galaxy, 3D World manages to feel simultaneously fresh and nostalgic in a way the New Super Mario Bros. series never quite realized.
  3. Mar 11, 2014
    Mario Galaxies have finally gotten the follow up they so rightfully deserve. Fun, exciting and surprising, Super Mario 3D World is everything a good platformer needs to be. [Dec 2013]