8.3

1. Oct 25, 2013
    A good game in the series. Its not on the same level as Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, which offers both the colourful and happy environments, combined with the dark and mystic. The more "cartoonish" art style is a fun contribution to the series along with Skyward Sword, but Im really hoping the next Wii U Zelda will be more realistic, like OOT and TP (the best selling in theA good game in the series. Its not on the same level as Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, which offers both the colourful and happy environments, combined with the dark and mystic. The more "cartoonish" art style is a fun contribution to the series along with Skyward Sword, but Im really hoping the next Wii U Zelda will be more realistic, like OOT and TP (the best selling in the series). Im also hoping that it the graphics will improve. The gameplay and stories are fantastic, but both WWHD and SM3D Land are very small in size, because of the low res textures. SM3D Land had a nice polygon count, with nice round shapes, which WWHD lacked. I think we need a new big open world Zelda which gives us both a great story and a serves as a showcase of the Wii Us graphical potential. But as we wait for that, I think this is a good game to keep you satisfied for a little longer! Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2015
    Tier 3
    + Awesome world with a lot of visually interesting set pieces and environments
    + Generally fun gameplay with several interwoven mechanics + Cool designs of enemies, characters, and mechanics ? The game world is vast, but for the most part feels empty and isolating as opposed to large and alive - The level design is incredibly linear, in no way offering genuine exploration aside
    Tier 3
    + Awesome world with a lot of visually interesting set pieces and environments
    + Generally fun gameplay with several interwoven mechanics
    + Cool designs of enemies, characters, and mechanics
    - The level design is incredibly linear, in no way offering genuine exploration aside from looking for islands in the boat
    - Progression through the world is often tedious, with many challenges and story requirements forcing a lot of uninteresting travel downtime
    - Story feels arbitrary and generic, even for a Zelda game; the reveal of Zelda especially feels forced and totally random
  3. Jul 16, 2016
    Not a bad game, but way too frustrating to be the masterpiece many claim it to be. In particular, save games are quite a bit off, because they bring you back to the beginning of the area you are currently exploring.
  4. Oct 20, 2013
    As an Original Gamecube owner (that's right, O.G. status here, holla) I can say when I got Wind Waker and threw it in expecting a childish experience and a tried and true yet slightly boring system, what I got in return was a visual, emotional, and most importantly awe inspiring slap in the face from the Great Glory that is known as Zelda: Wind Waker. I loved it back then, and obviously,As an Original Gamecube owner (that's right, O.G. status here, holla) I can say when I got Wind Waker and threw it in expecting a childish experience and a tried and true yet slightly boring system, what I got in return was a visual, emotional, and most importantly awe inspiring slap in the face from the Great Glory that is known as Zelda: Wind Waker. I loved it back then, and obviously, that would entail that I would love an HD remake.

That being said, the Wii U version takes that "slap" in the face I got, reinforces it with titanium/carbon fiber mesh, attach atomic rocket boots to it and adds a giant balls-kicking device. The visuals are flat out unbelievable, even if you are not a fan of cel-shaded games, you will be delightfully impressed with what appears to be almost next-gen graphics and effecs. There isn't a single thing that hasn't been re-done, so you are looking at the beautiful island in full-on arse kicking awesomemode.

GAMEPLAY:
    I feel like saying anything about the gameplay would be redundant, but the one thing I will say is the game controls don't just transfer perfectly to the Wii U/Wii controllers, but if you are using a GamePad as the controller (which, im assuming 99.7% are) it has actually vastly IMRPOVED on the control scheme. Items are at the touch of a button, everything is super accessible and you'll be surprised at the amount of work they put in just on modifying the control scheme/gameplay around the GamePad at all.

SOUND:
    Obligatory "OMG the sound has been WONDERFULLY redone!"

VERDICT:

This game is GLORIOUS.
    This has is PERFECT
    This game is GAMING on another level.
    This is an EXPERIENCE you will never forget.

Take those four capitalized words and you got the truth.

TL;DR yes, but, truth.

1. Jan 6, 2014
    After ten years Wind Waker is still as magical as it was when it was first released. The Wii U is all of a sudden looking like a console worth considering.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Fond memories of older games can oftentimes come to shatter when revisited but The Wind Waker still shines bright even after ten years. It is almost hard to believe the game is even that old. The battles, the dungeons and the sidequests are all still top notch and wrapped in timeless cartoon graphics. Have you not yet been enchanted by The Wind Waker then now is a better time than ever.
  3. Nov 10, 2013
    Wind Waker HD is a must play game not just for Zelda fans, but for every gamer.