9.0

1. Nov 2, 2016
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.5 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.5 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

First: i´m not a cel shading fan. Of course i´m not saying that it´s bad, and it isn´t. Sometimes it´s beautiful. Second: i love zelda, and in that time i really wanted a realistic zelda. After all this game is big because it proved by itself that it´s a masterpiece. Nintendo proved with this game that it´s a company apart from the rest and i explain why: 10 years later i played this game on WiiU and the feeling was... Breathtaking
  2. Sep 18, 2016
    This is my favorite Zelda games currently. Awesome graphic, awesome controlls (even I prefer the Gamecube controller), awesome history (similar to Ocarina Of Time history) and awesome new implementations (like using the Game Pad to use de Bow and Hookshot). For me this is the pefect Zelda currently.
  3. Aug 28, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is a great Zelda title with an amazing story and great graphics. The only downside is that a large majority of the map is water, so it takes a really long time to sail to different islands.
  4. Aug 18, 2016
    my favorite zelda game toon link cute my favorite zelda game toon link cute my favorite zelda game toon link cute my favorite zelda game toon link cute
  5. Jul 16, 2016
    Not a bad game, but way too frustrating to be the masterpiece many claim it to be. In particular, save games are quite a bit off, because they bring you back to the beginning of the area you are currently exploring.
  6. Jul 8, 2016
    El concepto de belleza hecho videojuego. Una aventura llena de sentimientos y épica con tu barquito navegando por el mar, descubriendo hasta el último rincón de cada isla. Una narrativa genial, jugabilidad digna de la saga Zelda y ciertas mejoras respecto al original.
  7. Jun 26, 2016
    What can you say about a game that would need to follow legends like Ocarina and Majora's Mask? At first I was not convinced about the cartoon look but within a few minutes I found myself as engrossed in this game as in all of its predecessors, having played every single Zelda game there is, and played them out, this is a must have on the Wii U, you have not seen a game and how game playWhat can you say about a game that would need to follow legends like Ocarina and Majora's Mask? At first I was not convinced about the cartoon look but within a few minutes I found myself as engrossed in this game as in all of its predecessors, having played every single Zelda game there is, and played them out, this is a must have on the Wii U, you have not seen a game and how game play should be unless you have seen this game. Expand
  8. Jun 22, 2016
    This game is truly remastered, the only things I didn't like in the first version are all different now. Traveling the world is so much easier with the new features, searching for treasure and everything in general got better.
    The graphics look great, even though I remember seeing them very similar in the gamecube version.
    This game also has amazing music and great characters. A must
    This game also has amazing music and great characters. A must have for everyone.

The only thing I would've liked is to be able to see more of the underwater world. You know, if the main world is The Great Sea, being able to swim underwater and underwater places would've been great.
  9. May 21, 2016
    El juego es fantastico y aunque ya hayas jugado su version anterior, los pulimientos y la mayor capacidad de exploración en esta remasterizacion, te hacen querer buscar todo, aunque ya sepas que ocurrirá, tiene tan buena vista, que ya no tiene ningún pero
  10. Apr 22, 2016
    Yes, its way to late to say this, and no i do not care. Reviews are not about timing, its about REVIEWING.
    When I first saw the Wind Waker at age 5, i was obsessed. it was my first zelda game, and thus the bias is real. Little did i know, nintendo was going to make the game look better. The only question i had was HOW? how could it look any better? Then i saw it, and it hit me like a train. immediately, the game looked absolutley beautiful. And still does. the gameplay, textures, and character models are a classic case of: 'if it aint broke, don't fix it.' However, the sailing has been, rather fitingly, fixed in every way. New features, including off- tv play, are more than welcome and result in a perfect blend of a nostalgic and fresh experience.
  11. Apr 15, 2016
    Excelente Juego por donde se le vea, gran historia, apartado artístico impecable, implementación de novedades estupenda... Sin duda alguna una maravillosa forma de traer a las nuevas generaciones esta magnifica obra... Una vez mas Nintendo demuestra que se puede mejorar lo que se pensaba inmejorable...
  12. Mar 13, 2016
    One of the best games ever i love it its a mix between cartoon and hd grafics with new things and a great adventure , this game is better than art all looks awesome
  13. Feb 16, 2016
    The definitive way to play The Wind Waker: 105 out of 100. Bonus points for making the classic graphics look even more crisp and clean, Miiverse pictures that to this day are relevant on the internet, faster travel for those who thought the boat was too slow. Classic story-line that parallels its predecessors. Intense game-play that requires quick reaction time. Suspenseful story.The definitive way to play The Wind Waker: 105 out of 100. Bonus points for making the classic graphics look even more crisp and clean, Miiverse pictures that to this day are relevant on the internet, faster travel for those who thought the boat was too slow. Classic story-line that parallels its predecessors. Intense game-play that requires quick reaction time. Suspenseful story. Innovative artwork. Distinct characters. Side stories worth completing. Fun mini-games! THE CONTENT IS OUT OF CONTROL! In such a meticulous way that will keep its relevance throughout years and years to come! Expand
  14. Dec 14, 2015
    i don't understand people caring as much about graphics as they do these days. i mean, i like looking at pretty things too, but, seriously, no one should ever demand for a game to look better than this. it is gorgeous, colorful, fun, outstanding. even the long stretches you spend sailing alone, which had to be put there in order for the game to load areas before you get to them, i thinki don't understand people caring as much about graphics as they do these days. i mean, i like looking at pretty things too, but, seriously, no one should ever demand for a game to look better than this. it is gorgeous, colorful, fun, outstanding. even the long stretches you spend sailing alone, which had to be put there in order for the game to load areas before you get to them, i think work in the game's advantage. this feels like a real adventure, and sometimes you're alone and lost in a huge ocean. may be the closest i've ever felt to being a hero. Expand
  15. Dec 3, 2015
    This game man. This game. Could consider it either tied for my favourite Zelda game with Twilight Princess, or at least second or third favourite.

Graphics - amazing. Yeah the Wii U is not powerful at all, yada yada, but this art style is timeless. So charming and just beautiful. Had to stop and admire the eye candy many times during my playthrough. Story - emotional, funny, but also

Story - emotional, funny, but also bittersweet (mainly talking about the ending here). The concept of Hyrule being flooded lends itself to some great storytelling, and the characterisation of most characters is so well done. Link, Tetra, Ganondorf, and Medli stand out to me.

Gameplay - your typical Zelda experience, which means great puzzles and item usage followed with engaging combat. Never was bored of whacking enemies (except those goddamn magician-bird thingos).

So yeah, overall, I just wish that I could have played WW as a kid on GameCube, had I had one. I mean, seriously, I'm gonna be thinking about it for a long time. Thank the heavens for The Legend of Zelda.
  16. Nov 25, 2015
    This was the first time I played Wind Waker and it was a very great experience! I loved the game so much as I was playing. The whole sailing was confusing at first but I managed to get used to it. very great game and is my 2nd favorite Zelda game ever!
  17. Nov 17, 2015
    The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD is a game that you should not miss, whether you’ve played the original or not. It’s truly an experience of a lifetime. The game boasts a memorable story, an incredible sense of adventure and exploration, quirky characters, satisfying combat, breathtaking visuals, harmonious music and much more. There just isn’t much to complain about. The sense ofThe Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD is a game that you should not miss, whether you’ve played the original or not. It’s truly an experience of a lifetime. The game boasts a memorable story, an incredible sense of adventure and exploration, quirky characters, satisfying combat, breathtaking visuals, harmonious music and much more. There just isn’t much to complain about. The sense of adventure is simply awe-inspiring and once you begin, you won;t want to put the controller down. Nintendo is still the master of making fun games. They don’t have to be violent or have Oscar-winning performances. As a matter of fact, I think we need to evaluate our view of games in that sense. There are a vast majority of genres these days. Adventure, shooter, racing, action, fighting and also we’re seeing an emergence of movie-like experiences with Beyond Two Souls. Wind Waker HD is one of the classic action-adventure types that we have always loved. It’s kid and adult friendly. It’s truly an incredible game that you should not pass up. Yes, this game alone is worth purchasing a Wii U, so what are you waiting for? Expand
  18. Oct 2, 2015
    Tier 3
    + Awesome world with a lot of visually interesting set pieces and environments
    + Generally fun gameplay with several interwoven mechanics + Cool designs of enemies, characters, and mechanics ? The game world is vast, but for the most part feels empty and isolating as opposed to large and alive - The level design is incredibly linear, in no way offering genuine exploration aside
    Tier 3
    + Awesome world with a lot of visually interesting set pieces and environments
    + Generally fun gameplay with several interwoven mechanics
    + Cool designs of enemies, characters, and mechanics
    - The level design is incredibly linear, in no way offering genuine exploration aside from looking for islands in the boat
    - Progression through the world is often tedious, with many challenges and story requirements forcing a lot of uninteresting travel downtime
    - Story feels arbitrary and generic, even for a Zelda game; the reveal of Zelda especially feels forced and totally random
  19. Oct 1, 2015
    Sometimes you play an HD remake it you realise it hasn't aged well. Nintendo did a great job applying a fresh coat of paint to a must play classic for any WII U owner.

With slight tweaks to the interface and minor gameplay changes, I enjoyed this game every bit as much as I did back on the GAMECUBE.
  20. Sep 18, 2015
    This game is perfect in every way. The graphics are beautiful, the dungeons are epic, the characters are awesome, the gyro controls are seamless, and the camera controls like butter. It is amazing. If you played the original Wind Waker then go get this game it will bring back some memories. This is a must have.
  21. Sep 5, 2015

+ Character personality
    + Amazing enemy design

- Frame rate dips 30fps
  22. Aug 22, 2015
    I never played the original version, but this HD port is pretty great. It might not be the Zelda game some were hoping for on the Wii U, but it definitely has the dungeons, puzzles, and boss enemies the fans of the franchise love.
  23. Aug 20, 2015
    Incredible game. Gameplay is gripping until the end, open world feature is outstanding. For every gamer, not just Zelda fans. This game inspired me to take an interest in Zelda and I am now a fan! :D
  24. Jun 22, 2015
    I really loved this game. I've never played the original, but this game was full of color and fun. The game itself had an easy game play and only a few issues with the auto-camera. Other than that this game more than met my expectations. The use of the map on the Wii U game pad was also a very nice touch.
  25. Jun 21, 2015
    A great zelda game bytheway...This time in high definition. Funny game with a certain challenge. Not the best zelda anyway, but great game after all. Amazing gameplay, sound na graphics. A "must buy" game.
  26. Jun 1, 2015
    This game is amazing. Now I am not a diehard Zelda fan but I have played quite a few Zelda games before in my life and I have never had as much fun as this. The story is amazing, the art style is amazing, the feel is amazing, what else can I say? This is a must buy for anyone who owns a Wii U, 10/10.
  27. Mar 16, 2015
    Eigentlich wusste ich schon etwaig , wie die Story ablaufen wird , da ich schon ein Let's Play dazu angeschaut habe , trotzdem konnte mich das Spiel dermaßen überzeugen in Punkto Freiheit und Gameplay , dass ich einfach 10 Punkte hergeben musste . Dieses Game steht auf Platz 5 meiner Top Zeldas , was aber eher positiv gesehen werden sollte ;) Das einzigste , was wirklich genervt hat , warEigentlich wusste ich schon etwaig , wie die Story ablaufen wird , da ich schon ein Let's Play dazu angeschaut habe , trotzdem konnte mich das Spiel dermaßen überzeugen in Punkto Freiheit und Gameplay , dass ich einfach 10 Punkte hergeben musste . Dieses Game steht auf Platz 5 meiner Top Zeldas , was aber eher positiv gesehen werden sollte ;) Das einzigste , was wirklich genervt hat , war das Geisterschiff zu finden . Die Triforcesuche wurde zwar verbessert , aber das hat mich dann schon echt aufgeregt . Neue Features wie das rote Segel oder die Tingleflaschen haben den Spielverlauf spannender und flüssiger gemacht , also kann ich nur sagen , dass dies ein gelungener Port war ^-^ Expand
  28. Mar 13, 2015
    This is a great game hampered by a few flaws.

The Good: -Beautiful cell-shaded art design makes the game pop, visually. -The controls are mostly spot-on. -Story is captivating, even if it takes some detours. -Each new island you explore is unique and introduces new items/gameplay elements to be used for the rest of the game. -Combat/sword fights are fun and surprisingly
    This is a great game hampered by a few flaws.

The Good:

-Beautiful cell-shaded art design makes the game pop, visually.

-The controls are mostly spot-on.

-Story is captivating, even if it takes some detours.

-Combat/sword fights are fun and surprisingly complex.

-Creativity and charm ooze from this game.

-Side quests give the game replay value.

-The characters--in particular Link--have very expressive facial animations. This pretty much makes up for the lack of recorded dialog.

The Bad:

-No recorded dialog....it's all text, so get ready to read when you're playing this game.

-There is no autosave and when you DO save and reload at a later time, it starts you at the BEGINNING of the level you're in every time. It's possible to spend 10 minutes or more just to get back to where you were when you autosaved. Apparently they forgot to update the save system from the 2002 Gamecube original. The game SHOULD just load at the exact spot where you saved or a nearby checkpoint--which many games do these days. But it doesn't. This is the game's biggest flaw.

-The camera angle needs to be adjusted all the time. It's manageable, but can be slightly irritating.

-Much of the time, you're given clues as to where you should go/what you should be doing through speech with other characters. However, there are times where the game really doesn't give you enough to go on and expects you to figure it out. It's like the exact opposite of games like Call of Duty, games that 'hold your hand' and give you hints as if you're an idiot. In these moments, if you're like me you'll break down and watch a YouTube playthrough of that particular section to figure out what the game should've been more clear about.

-Although it technically is an open-world game, you aren't allowed to just wander out into the world within 20 minutes of starting the game. It's not a Fallout/GTA/Far Cry type of open world. It's closer to a Super Mario Brothers type of open world where you're only allowed to replays levels you've already been to, if only to look for other quests/stuff that you either missed or haven't unlocked yet.

I recommend this game to die-hard RPG fans who can stomach some of the more frustrating aspects of this game. There's a great game to behold in there, but at times it can be buried in a lot of **** Just know what you're getting yourself into.
  29. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  30. Feb 7, 2015
    Beautifully rendered classic Zelda game, unique in both its art style and its open-ocean gameplay. So many remasters don't do much, but this one has crisp and beautiful graphics, plus small changes to gameplay to improve some small annoyances on an otherwise brilliant game.
  31. Feb 7, 2015
    Without a doubt one of the best games ever. And probably the best remake ever, too. Everything also appears fixed in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. The graphics are incredible, the story is amazing and the gameplay is fun and exciting. A true Wii U masterpiece. 10/10
  32. Jan 1, 2015
    This is definitively the best Zelda ever ! The graphics are amazing on wide 1080p TV and no freeze at all ! I was lucky because I never really saw the Gamecub version so for me that one is new. I love the story, the background and the ambient! the best Wii U Game ever !
  33. Dec 29, 2014
    A classic revisited. It is true that The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD was an time buyier for the Zelda fans until the Wii U exclusive, but the visuals, the Miiverse incursion, and the happiness to sail again in this big sea makes a delicious adventure cake. If you didnt played the Game Cube version, this is your chance to face one of the best games of the franchise.
  34. Dec 22, 2014
    Simple put.. absolutely amazing. They fixed everything wrong with the first game to make it into an even more enjoyable experience. It's so beautiful and has amazing dungeon exploring and puzzle solving. I also love Wind Waker's open world.
  35. Dec 5, 2014
    Probably the best HD remake game I have ever played with some great improvements and beautiful HD graphics, in short it was amazing game on the gamecube and it's even better now on the Wii U
  36. Oct 31, 2014
    It is unbelievable this game, which was made on the GameCube, only needed and hd remake to make it comparable to even the best games of today. Practically flawless. A must own for everybody on planet Earth. This one game, makes the wii u worth buying. A timeless masterpiece.
  37. Oct 27, 2014
    An excellent combat system is Wind Waker's biggest strength, offering tactical and precise fights with a very nice variety of enemies. Gorgeous design and overall interesting puzzles are abundant as well, but you may be patient with the very tedious sailing mechanic, which is very important in this game.
  38. Oct 19, 2014
    The original was already my favorite Zelda ever, but they found a way to improve it in the remake. the graphics are the BEST hands down graphics I've seen in 8th generation. and the lack of triforce chart hunts takes away the back and forth I found annoying in the original.
  39. Sep 30, 2014
    This is a beautiful remake that really is a blast to play. Windwaker has at least 50 hours worth of content and is worth the full $60. The gameplay is addicting and the newly added super sail really makes going for 100% a lot less tedious. Every Wii U own should have this in their library, especially if they've never played the original. I give it my full recommendation.
  40. Sep 27, 2014
    The definitive version of the Gamecube classic. If you overlooked this gem in the past, this Wii U remaster is the perfect way to experience one of the greatest legends in the Zelda universe.
  41. Sep 15, 2014
    There's nothing to say about Wind Waker that hasn't been said before.
    With this remake, the game looks even more beautiful, the audio is even higher quality and the slight issues it had before are fixed.
    There's nothing to say about Wind Waker that hasn't been said before.
    However, there were some other issues I had with it: I was a bit confused by the item-screen on the gamepad, and changing items using the touchpad scared me since I felt like I was scratching the screen trying to move the items. Just nitpicking. I like the idea but in my case it slowed me down a little. Also, aiming with the WiiU-gamepad was kind of difficult and left you vulnerable for slightly longer than necessary.
    Other than that, the new controls worked fine (although naturally it confused me at first, as someone used to playing it on the GameCube) and I had a blast playing it in it's new form.
    This game is special in many ways, it wasn't afraid to break new ground with it's visual artstyle back in 2002 and it looks fantastic in HD. The battles run smooth and are immensely fun, and the bosses are just as great. Sailing is faster, the part of the game labeled as the most tedious is shortened, and the newly added Tingle Bottles are a nice touch that I like way better than the Tingle Tuner.
    In conclusion, Wind Waker HD is worth its price. The developers took an already marvelous game and sprinkled some extra gloriousness on top of it.
    I can definitely recommend it.
  42. Sep 2, 2014
    first this game is the best zelda game I've played the great open sea the nice dungeons the beautiful graphics awesome gameplay all together combine in this one masterpiece
  43. Aug 30, 2014
    This game is absolutely fantastic. I love this game. It is fun, the graphics is good and the story is very fun. If you really want a good adventure, this is the game for you.
  44. Aug 24, 2014
    Since its original release in 2003, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker arrives to the Wii U in HD. The original Gamecube version still looks great today, but in HD? This almost looks like what Wind Waker was meant to be like, its gorgeous!!! The best edition is the Wii U gamepad which acts as a map and a inventory. It works really well since now you don't have to keep pausing to check theSince its original release in 2003, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker arrives to the Wii U in HD. The original Gamecube version still looks great today, but in HD? This almost looks like what Wind Waker was meant to be like, its gorgeous!!! The best edition is the Wii U gamepad which acts as a map and a inventory. It works really well since now you don't have to keep pausing to check the map or switch an item. Another edition is the tingle bottle which lets you send messages through Miiverse and lets other players find the messages on land or at sea. Nintendo has received some complaints about the original Gamecube version that the sailing took to long. Nintendo answered these complaints and add the Swift Sail. The Swift Sail doubles your boats speed and forces the wind to follow your boat. The only thing though is that the Swift Sail is hidden away for you to find. Being the nice person I am, be sure to check out Windfall Island's auction house as soon as possible. Wind Waker HD is a must-play for people who want to relive childhood memories or any newcomers to the Zelda franchise. Expand
  45. Aug 24, 2014
    As an improvement on the original, Wind Waker HD offers Wind Waker with a little extra oomph.

Controls are the standard of most Zelda games and with the addition of counter move in this game the combat is fluid and fun. The adaption of the pad's gyroscope allows for a more direct experience with certain items that allows the player to be more involved and works very well. Of course, the player can choose to play the game in the original format which is always a plus.

Wind Waker's world is massive and I mean massive. It's a gorgeous world to be explored but its sheer size means most of the map is empty with maybe a treasure here or there with most of it being rupees. That being said, one of the biggest problems was sailing was tedious if you wanted to explore in the original but this new one fixes it by offering a special item that cuts travel time quickly and allows the world to be explored more efficiently. Another improvement is the game's flow, modifications to a certain aspect of the game allows for the experience to feel more fluid and less choppy near the end. With these improvements, Wind Waker HD is without a doubt one of the best Zeldas.

Also I just love the art style, it's very charming.
  46. Aug 16, 2014
    I believe that this is the single best Zelda game ever. Forget a Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, this is what Zelda should be like. By far my favorite game on Wii u (and I have A LOT of games), and a must-buy for anyone seeking an adventure. The dungeons are clever, the atmosphere is great, the world is huge, the items are cool, the story is memorable, and most ofI believe that this is the single best Zelda game ever. Forget a Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, this is what Zelda should be like. By far my favorite game on Wii u (and I have A LOT of games), and a must-buy for anyone seeking an adventure. The dungeons are clever, the atmosphere is great, the world is huge, the items are cool, the story is memorable, and most of all, the exploration never ends. Buy it now! Expand
  47. Aug 15, 2014
    this is the best game of my life , good graphics,awesome story, hard dungeons and the best final ever! this is the first Zelda i won, for sure i will beat this game again, the musics are beautiful and touching. the best game of wii u in my opinion (until smash bros)
  48. Aug 8, 2014
    If you like the original game, you are going to love this, is HOW REMAKES SHOULD BE MADE, as easy as that, if we could play classic games in HD 1080 we will be happy forever.
  49. Jul 31, 2014
    IT LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL! THAT HD, OMG! On a more serious note: Besides looking really good in HD, fans who have either played or not played the original will still love this. It adds a few extra things and helpful tweaks to improve gameplay and decrease sailing time. It's still the same clever dungeons, beautiful art style and memorable characters as the original. 10/10 Must have for Wii U.
  50. Jul 31, 2014
    The original game was one of my favourites on the Gamecube. This remake recaptures the magic and looks a lot better on my TV than the old gamecube one does!
  51. Jul 23, 2014
    A fantastic game that will give you extreme nostalgia. Great for Zelda beginners, and a little, fun, and quirky break for serious Zelda gamers. Really fun. The camera views are awesome, and gameplay is never too hard or boring. This would be number one recommended Wii U game, definitely.
  52. Jul 22, 2014
    This game sucks and I don't get why anybody ever liked it. There is so little actual content, and so much of what you do is just a pointless workaround. I can't speak for the whole game, because I only played the first two dungeons but they were both really lame and short and I'm tired of tooling around in a stupid looking talking boat. The graphics and controls are great and I really likeThis game sucks and I don't get why anybody ever liked it. There is so little actual content, and so much of what you do is just a pointless workaround. I can't speak for the whole game, because I only played the first two dungeons but they were both really lame and short and I'm tired of tooling around in a stupid looking talking boat. The graphics and controls are great and I really like the art style actually. I really liked Spirit Tracks so the art style doesn't bother me at all. I really wish I could like this game, but I have better **** to do than to try and appreciate a game that is just simply not a good game. To me a Zelda game has to have fun dungeons and getting shot out of a seed pod repeatedly is not my idea of fun. Expand
  53. Jul 7, 2014
    This game takes Wind Waker and smooths out the few rough edges. Wind Waker on the GameCube was already incredible, and now it's even better, this is in contention for the best Zelda game ever, this game is a must play.
  54. Jul 7, 2014
    I'm not a Zelda veteran, and I've seldom sat down to put the time into a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. I originally missed the Wind Waker due to being caught up in the frenzy that was Sony, so I have no original to compare it to.

To start, I find the visuals beautiful, if this is upscaling I must say they have done a tremendous job, the aspect works perfectly being able to see far off into the distance from a simple point is quite stunning.

The use of the touchpad is done fairly well, although simply used for inventory purposes, it allows you to control it from the secondary screen while still being able to move.

Gameplay wise, I've only just cleared the first dungeon, it has taken me quite some time to get into the game, this is possibly due to me not having huge excesses of time to play on it, I feel if I had a whole day to sit and play it I would get into it more, but at parts I can find it slightly drab and tedious.

I think my reason for shying from Zelda games is because it's never had that experience point laden RPG experience I appreciate from so many other RPGs, I realise this isn't really the Zelda premise, but I sometimes think heralding back to the Zelda II: Links Adventure, may help the franchise slightly.
  55. Jun 30, 2014
    Wind Waker was a great gem back in 2003. Zelda: Wind Waker HD on the Wii U is even better.

They have added game pad controls so the menus aren't clunky and you have instant access to them. They also have off screen play which is a nice bonus. Nintendo have added a hero mode to make the game harder as that was one of the complaints about the original. There is now miiverse support as

There is now miiverse support as well so if you get stuck you can ask for help. You can also post picture with the camera and post them on miiverse.

Add gyro controls for aiming etc you have a massive improvement over the original and it is definitely worth replaying again as many games today lack that little something.
  56. Jun 5, 2014
    An easier game in the Legend of Zelda franchise, but still extremely fun. The game-pad was very useful and cool as it was used for your map and items and so you didn't need to pause the game and go to a separate screen just to check the map quick or switch an item. Anyone from any age would enjoy this game.
  57. Apr 27, 2014
    Truly a well crafted piece of art work, it's hard to think that a ten year old game gets ready made into the greatest looking Zelda game of all time and one of the best Wii U games currently. Is it the best zelda game ever, some say yes, some say no. I can only say that it is my favourite Zelda game ever. The sea gives a certain joy to exploring that other games don't. The sun actuallyTruly a well crafted piece of art work, it's hard to think that a ten year old game gets ready made into the greatest looking Zelda game of all time and one of the best Wii U games currently. Is it the best zelda game ever, some say yes, some say no. I can only say that it is my favourite Zelda game ever. The sea gives a certain joy to exploring that other games don't. The sun actually makes you smile when you leave a dark cave, and happy when you look at waterfalls and cliffs a certain way that feels the same as sitting on a beach. Does this games charm and elegance make up for a boring ending? Yes it does. That is the only negative to this game. It possess all the strong elements you want...

Strong story
    familiar elements
    looks amazing
    and new interesting world to explore.

A must play game for zelda fans but if you do not like cell shading or cartoon like I would move on.
  58. Apr 20, 2014
    This isn't just an ordinary remake. This is the single best remake I have ever played. Showing off beautiful 1080p there are no complaints for this. Though it is not my favorite Wii U game, it comes in a close second
  59. Apr 17, 2014
    A must play and for every Zelda fan, the over world is awesome, the story is great, and the dungeons are... my least favorite part of the game. Still it is a great game
  60. Apr 13, 2014
    I Don't consider myself as one of the best reviewers, but come on? People giving this game a 3 and such ridiculous scores, is well, ridiculous. I read an interesting review about someone saying the game belongs in 2002 and he proceeded to give it a 3. Wait just a second......Since when did the creators say it was anything but a HD version of the original game, with a few extras? The answerI Don't consider myself as one of the best reviewers, but come on? People giving this game a 3 and such ridiculous scores, is well, ridiculous. I read an interesting review about someone saying the game belongs in 2002 and he proceeded to give it a 3. Wait just a second......Since when did the creators say it was anything but a HD version of the original game, with a few extras? The answer is...Never!

Miyamoto himself stated, it was just something to tick people over, until the release of the next proper Zelda game in the franchise. It was never meant to be a "Remake" or a completely new Wind Waker. It was just solely meant to be a HD version of the original, nothing more.

Now that's out of the way. What's the game like? Well, as usual, it's nothing short of amazing. The game in 2002 was amazing, and the game now is also amazing. I could finish it over and over, and I proceeded to do so, even with the original.

The graphics are amazing. I don't know if people realize this, but it's actual the first Zelda game to ever have such amazing graphics. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's the first ever Zelda game to be in HD. Sure it's a beautiful game to look at, but graphics don't quite make a game, do they? But, with that said, it truly is a masterpiece, graphics, story, length, gameplay. It's all got it, just like the original.

What's the downside? Every game has a down side, whether you accept it or not. It's difficult to think of one for this, besides I'm sure the down sides will be exactly the same as the original, so I won't even get into them, but I will say. It is nothing more than a HD version of the original. It's definitely a must to buy for any Zelda fan, but if you're happy with the original, don't expect for HD to bring anything new to the table, besides a few extra in game things and a small proportion of online activity. If you weren't too fussed with the original, you won't be too fussed with this one.

All in all, majority of Zelda games are amazing as usual, to me this game and I'm sure many others agree, definitely deserves a 9.
  61. Mar 25, 2014
    like alot of people i did not like Wind Waker when it was new, the art style bothered me and i had a hunger for a more mature HD zelda game after my taste of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. But now i'm older, and my eyes are opened to the greatness of this game. It has a great plot with lots of twists and turns that will leave you on the edge of your seat, a beautiful HD world to saillike alot of people i did not like Wind Waker when it was new, the art style bothered me and i had a hunger for a more mature HD zelda game after my taste of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. But now i'm older, and my eyes are opened to the greatness of this game. It has a great plot with lots of twists and turns that will leave you on the edge of your seat, a beautiful HD world to sail through, the countless enemies you'll encounter and defeat throughout your journey, and a nostalgia factor to the MAX. To be honest, other than not having a mini-map on the screen i dont have much to complain about this game. Expand
  62. Mar 16, 2014
    This improves on the original in every way. The original was already worth AT LEAST a 9, so it follows that this is a 10. I couldn't ask for a better remake of a classic Zelda adventure. Everyone should get an opportunity to play this game, even if you've never played a Zelda game in your life.

Like an LoZ game, there is a huge amount of bang for your buck. This game will last many hours, and while it isn't perfect, it gets about as close as you can get.
  63. Mar 11, 2014
    One of the best Wii U games, and legend of zelda games, i've ever played. Truly a cult classic, beautifully remastered for the 8th generation of consoles, all while keeping the original feeling of the game intact, even improving it a little bit. Although i've never played the original GameCube version, i can clearly see that even back in its original years, this game was great. As for theOne of the best Wii U games, and legend of zelda games, i've ever played. Truly a cult classic, beautifully remastered for the 8th generation of consoles, all while keeping the original feeling of the game intact, even improving it a little bit. Although i've never played the original GameCube version, i can clearly see that even back in its original years, this game was great. As for the tweaking, from what i've read, there were a few annoying things the original game had, like the whole triforce charts thing. However, Nintendo has tweaked the game to perfection, making it even better than it was before.

A wonderful sequel to Ocarina of Time, this game is one any fan of the Legend of zelda games should get.
  64. Mar 11, 2014
    A fantastic adventure that feels as current, if not even more, then the actual games of today. Looks and play great. Probably the best The Legend of Zelda to date.
  65. Mar 6, 2014
    Still holds up better than 90% of everything released today. The HD and the little refinements are just the gravy on top. Could have used an inverted camera for 3rd person and shifting wind directions can be annoying at times, but that is all I can really hammer it for. Now gimme a brand new Zelda, Nintendo.
  66. Mar 5, 2014
    As I was playing through The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, I thought that it was all a bit too easy. Like it was just me just going through the motions. Which was fine, but I felt like it was lacking that something special. But the further I got through the game, the more I realised I couldn't have been more wrong. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is a phenomenal game with itsAs I was playing through The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, I thought that it was all a bit too easy. Like it was just me just going through the motions. Which was fine, but I felt like it was lacking that something special. But the further I got through the game, the more I realised I couldn't have been more wrong. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is a phenomenal game with its classic Zelda patterns involving a tonne of puzzles and loads of combat. It's that gentle mix of linear and open, making it alluring for those who love a good story as well as those who love to roam around. Although there is a little bit of hand-holding at times, it is generally only in times when the next step isn't so clear. As such, this did not detract from the quality of the adventure in the least. The Wind Waker HD offers many different objectives and side quests, from gathering pigs to taming seagulls to winning auctions. And every character is just bursting with flavour and personality, courtesy of the cel-shaded art style. I have played only two Zelda games prior to this one: Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword. These two and The Wind Waker HD have that elaborate adventure that binds the player to the environments with its great authenticity and depth. And its my personal opinion that The Wind Waker HD does this the best of the three. Nothing really compares to venturing on the sea like a pirate, searching for loot and invaluable objects. If a single fibre of your being is even curious about what The Wind Waker HD has to offer, buy a copy of it immediately. There is seriously no adventure like a Zelda adventure, and you will not regret getting it. Expand
  67. Feb 25, 2014
    I'll be honest, I skipped out GameCube when it came out because I was still playing the N64. However, that means that my experience of The Wind Waker HD had no nostalgia, yet it still was an amazing experience.
  68. Feb 24, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda game with the most memorable characters made almost perfect with some amazing lightning effects and HD textures. For those who have played the original I don't need to mention how great this game is. For those who have never played the game and want to call themselves gamers, you owe it to yourselves to play this game. It's beautiful, calming, just magnificent.
  69. Feb 16, 2014
    If you miss the fun in past Zelda games, Wind Waker HD is for you. It's everything you would expect, it follows the past Wind Waker perfectly and the actual HD feature looks beautiful. The mechanics are great, the gameplay is solid, and it's a great experience from old Zelda franchises.
  70. Feb 5, 2014
    This adventure is impossible without access to an online walkthru or strategy guide. I just lost 2 hours of my life on a dungeon that became impossible to beat because I did not do one obscure thing and had to restart at the beginning. This - coupled with the wonky camera and lack of direction to solve quests make this a curious artifact that doesn't belong in modern video gaming. OtherThis adventure is impossible without access to an online walkthru or strategy guide. I just lost 2 hours of my life on a dungeon that became impossible to beat because I did not do one obscure thing and had to restart at the beginning. This - coupled with the wonky camera and lack of direction to solve quests make this a curious artifact that doesn't belong in modern video gaming. Other than a fanciful graphical overhaul, it is still a game that belongs in 2002. Expand
  71. Feb 4, 2014
    The original WW was already beautiful, and the HD remake builds up on it so much, it's almost staggering. Other than that, it's the same great game that came out on the Gamecube. The addition of Miiverse features makes sailing more entertaining - I love collecting up bottles.
  72. Jan 27, 2014
    Wind Waker is a good game, but this remake felt a bit... Off.
    There are barely any changes at all, I was expecting smoother transition between cutscenes, as well as cutscenes that were less dramatic as they should've been.
    Wind Waker is a good game, but this remake felt a bit... Off.
    Graphics are good, but there are still little problems that bug me, such as when the player uses the swift sail, the boat will rock up and down more, which causes water to 'go through' the bottom of the boat, and that just looked sloppy.
    That aside, Wind Waker is a great game which can be both relaxing and demanding, it's not so hard that I rage at my controller, and it's not quite a pushover either.
  73. Jan 27, 2014
    This is hands down the best HD remake of any game I have ever played. The cell shaded goodness will warm your heart. The Wii U gamepad support for this game is great and the game sound is stellar. The original game was actually pretty hard to beat due to the slow sailing and finding of the Triforce shards. But they fixed this problem and I was actually able to beat this game for the firstThis is hands down the best HD remake of any game I have ever played. The cell shaded goodness will warm your heart. The Wii U gamepad support for this game is great and the game sound is stellar. The original game was actually pretty hard to beat due to the slow sailing and finding of the Triforce shards. But they fixed this problem and I was actually able to beat this game for the first time since I played it on the Gamecube. Awesome game you won't be disapointed. I have noticed all the 10 this game has. It was very close but I did not achieve "total immersion" for me to give it a 10. Expand
  74. Jan 27, 2014
    If you didn't play this on GameCube, now's your chance. No other game comes close to the sense of adventure this one gives while sailing the vast seas. The graphics are superb and the gameplay hasn't aged at all. One of the best games of all time just got better. 10/10
  75. PMG
    Jan 25, 2014
    I love this game! The art style allows the characters to show off so much color, the swift sail is a must have and the use of the Game pad speeds up the pace of the game. Plus the shortening of the Triforce hunt saved us from some of the worst hours of the game. Dispite what people might say, i think this is one of the best games ever made.
  76. Jan 14, 2014
    this game has a great story and so many people ditch it and talk about thinking they know the game but if they knew the game they would know that its one of the best games of all time youre afraid just because of the graphics and the fact that its new, i think that this game is wonderful and it has a good story and is probably one of the best ever ,the end period.
  77. Jan 7, 2014
    Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game to date, so when I heard they were remaking this game in HD, you couldn't imagine how happy I was.
    this is definitely how a remake SHOULD be done, the new features and controls are much smoother and definitely improve upon what made the original tedious or annoying. the new swift sail is the savior to those who get bored of the long sailing times and the unnecessarily huge amount of times you'd have to change wind direction with the Wind Waker. The tingle bottle feature is just as amazing as well. I always had a hard time filling up the Nintendo figurine gallery in the game, due to missing some bosses and whatnot, but this feature helped fix that this time around. And besides that, it's also useful for hints and tips, or to just be silly.
    The new gyroscope feature used for the arrows and boomerang was pretty useful to me as well, since using the other analog stick felt somewhat odd.

Although I'm not one much for graphics, this game is just stunning with the HD upgrade. Proof that even cartoony cell shading styles can be stunning.
    Besides that, the game still feels the same, but at the same time it doesn't, the magic is back in a new way. If you're a Zelda fan and loved the Wind Waker, this would be worth a pick up!
  78. Jan 6, 2014
    So much fun great throwback to the original and it stays true to the original game while slightly Improving the mechanics
    While incorporating the wii u remotes second screen as a inventory allowing smooth swapping of items in fights with great sword mechanics best of any of the Zelda games and brilliant boss fights with a game that does require lots of open world exploration and it may at some points require a walkthrough to complete.
    But just in case you find it too easy still there is a hero mode with double damage and no recovery hearts.
    Great game definitely recommend
  79. Dec 29, 2013
    Wind Waker is one of the best games of all time. The story is touching, the characters are memorable, the game play is addictive, and it's so replay-able. There's tons to do in Zelda's literal biggest over-world, the dungeons are huge, the bosses are the best, and the items all get their love and care. This is easily a console seller. The graphics, by the way, are the best on the GameCubeWind Waker is one of the best games of all time. The story is touching, the characters are memorable, the game play is addictive, and it's so replay-able. There's tons to do in Zelda's literal biggest over-world, the dungeons are huge, the bosses are the best, and the items all get their love and care. This is easily a console seller. The graphics, by the way, are the best on the GameCube and are great on the Wii U. Buy this game. If it were $100 more, it'd still be well worth the money. Expand
  80. Dec 25, 2013
    //French//
    //French//
    C'est tout simplement le meilleur jeux auquel j'ai jamais jouer, et chaque fois que j'y retourne, c'est un pur bonheur et c'est encore mieux avec la version HD. Le remake remet jour les graphismes et l'interface, mais sans rien dénaturer aux textures de la version originale et que dire des bandes-son! 10/10 amplement mérité et je dois dire que c'est ce jeu qui m'a fait acheter (avec regret) la WiiU
  81. Dec 14, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker is just one of those games that bursts with adventure. This is by far the best Legend of Zelda game I have ever played. If you get this game, it will be extremely hard to put it down. Since this is my first game review on here... I may have gotten the Review Score wrong. If I did. I meant to put a 10!
  82. Dec 11, 2013
    This game is an instant classic. I played it on GameCube and have not touched it since but have been simply blown away by the gorgeous HD graphics. I cannot wait to see what else Nintendo does with Zelda in HD.
  83. Dec 3, 2013
    Even though The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is a remake, it feels as if it was made for the Wii U system. The controls are perfect and throughout my 40 hour long adventure I barely experienced a hiccup in the control scheme. With the Wii U gamepad’s gyroscope feature you can now aim your bow, hookshot and grappling hook using motion controls and it feels very natural.
    Wind Waker is
    Wind Waker is often praised for excellent combat and quite rightly so. Slashing Moblins and stabbing Bobkoblins has never been more fun. But it’s not all just about good controls and challenging AIs that make fighting monsters as fun as it is when in battle with an enemy every hit of your sword emits a musical note which really adds to the epic and immersive combat system Wind Waker HD has to offer.

The art-style of this certain adventure was a brave move from Nintendo and is one they have never regretted and never should, although some potential customers may have been scared away by the cartoony graphics. This original game on the Gamecube is beautiful and the art-style has aged better than any other game to this date, but the graphical improvements made in this HD remake make what is already amazing into something extraordinary. I have never played a game so beautiful in my life. The textures have obviously been updated into HD (hence the title) but more importantly the lighting has added a whole new dimension to this game which adds wonderfully to the distinct atmosphere created by the vastness of the world, the many islands, the characters and every single one of them on every single island in the entire game’s backstory which is woven throughout dialogue and actions made by not just the characters themselves, but everyone around them. Nintendo has obviously put a lot of work into the adventure-filled world of flooded Hyrule and it is truly magical.
    Nintendo’s storytelling is known to be amazing and masterful and Wind Waker is no expeception. Infact, Wind Waker’s story is one of their very highly-acclaimed ones. Wind Waker is not afraid to shake things up a bit so things feel familiar yet fresh and new. There is not I can say about it without spoiling the experience for you except it is one of the best stories in a video game ever and it will stick with you after all the adventuring is done. Trust me, it’s amazing.
    The Zelda series has without doubt the best music of any video games and Wind Waker certainely doesn’t drop that trend. In fact, Wind Waker had the best music of them all. Koji Kondo’s breathtaking soundtrack will make you laugh, cry and everything in between. In this HD upgrade Nintendo has left the soundtrack untouched apart except sound is now of higher definition and I can assure you will be humming along as soon as you hear it.

The Verdict
    Wind Waker is not just a game, but an amazing experience with a hooking story which will stay with you forever, fantastic gameplay you will never get bored of, breathtaking music that you’ll never forget, and beautiful world to explore. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is the definition of what Zelda is truly about; Adventure!
  84. Dec 3, 2013
    Windwaker for Gamecube was my favorite Zelda. WIndwaker HD for Wii U takes every complaint about the original and makes it a superb adventure game. The graphics are sharper than any Zelda to date. If you own a Wii U you must own this game despite whether you have played it before or not.
  85. Nov 30, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were both great games for the Wii. In fact, they were some of the few games on Nintendo's last console that were actually really worth playing. They were aimed at a more serious audience, had good graphics and incredible gameplay guaranteed not to disappoint. Its only a shame that Nintendo didn't link the two games together to createThe Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were both great games for the Wii. In fact, they were some of the few games on Nintendo's last console that were actually really worth playing. They were aimed at a more serious audience, had good graphics and incredible gameplay guaranteed not to disappoint. Its only a shame that Nintendo didn't link the two games together to create more of a story.
    Wind Waker however is a different story, Nintendo have ditched all seriousness that the series once had and have gone all out on a completely childish look. The graphics have taken a HUGE step down in quality and the storyline is pretty dull and pathetic. The only real pro of the whole game is the interesting idea of traveling around different islands, allowing Nintendo to change the games environment regularly without question. On the whole though Wind Waker is a huge disappointment to a series that was once one of the greatest in the gaming world. I can only hope Nintendo see sense and finally start to address an older, more serious audience in the future.
  86. Nov 27, 2013
    The legend of zelda wind waker was a classic on the gamecube that was under appreciated because of its art direction,however, i was not among those who looked down on this masterpiece. Instead i gave it a try and what i discovered was an amazing game! Enter wind waker reborn on the wii u. This game is simply amazing. Everthing has been redon and refined into an almost complete package! TheThe legend of zelda wind waker was a classic on the gamecube that was under appreciated because of its art direction,however, i was not among those who looked down on this masterpiece. Instead i gave it a try and what i discovered was an amazing game! Enter wind waker reborn on the wii u. This game is simply amazing. Everthing has been redon and refined into an almost complete package! The gameplay is simple,yet enenthralling,the graphics rival an animated movie! Its everything you loved about wind waker on the gamecube plus more! The gamepad works very well with wind waker making item and weapon management a breeze. The only hiccup i have with this game is the sailing,itcan get rather tedious after awhile but dammint the ocean looks aabsolutely marvelous so there a silver lining. This game was made for nintendo fans so don't pass this classic up! 9/10 Expand
  87. Nov 26, 2013
    Amazing graphics fun gameplay................................................................................................................................
  88. Nov 24, 2013
    What can I say about this game.... I mean its a freakin zelda game!!! When has this franchise ever done anybody wrong?

Windwaker was a great game on gamecube, so there's not much of a difference there on Wii U. There is less quest for triforce shards and they changed up the pictobox to make it less tasking. For those who have never played it, I would say this is a must. I

For those who have never played it, I would say this is a must. I remember when this was on gamecube and I was very disgusted at first by its toonie graphics mainly because I was expecting a Zelda game that had graphics to where it looked like Lord of the rings. You know what? I learned a valuable lesson in that game to not judge a game by its graphics because that game was the most fun in a Zelda game in a long while.

Only reason I give this a 9 is because its an HD remake not a new Zelda game and its also not the HD remake I was hoping for. I honestly believed Majora's Mask was the HD remake with all the videos on youtube which was the main reason I wanted a Wii u, but you know what I understand why they remade windwaker.

Its the most non-linear Zelda to play, so they wanted to test the grounds with a big open world and communicate with players with tingle bottles to get a jist of what Zelda fans are wanting new in the series. Windwaker has the largest map out of all the zelda games.

So I will say yes this game before was good and this one is good too. In fact this is only the tip of the Iceberg of the Zelda upcomming in the future. So after you beat this I'll guarantee it'll get you more pumped for the newest one coming out
  89. Nov 23, 2013
    The Wind Waker has always been one of the true greats from Nintendo's frankly wonderful Zelda franchise, but now it's something even more...it's the Wii U's first genuine system seller and it's an absolute belter!

Indeed, Wind Waker HD is as perfect a game as you're ever likely to find, and whether you're a Wii U owner or not, it is utterly essential.
  90. Nov 21, 2013
    I remember playing Legend of Zelda back in the day when it came out. I never did get very far, but I understood the appeal. I then tried Twilight Princess and liked that a lot too. I again...never was able to play to even halfway through. I bought this WindWaker HD bundle because I never got to play the original and heard it was great. Let me tell you, this game blows it out of theI remember playing Legend of Zelda back in the day when it came out. I never did get very far, but I understood the appeal. I then tried Twilight Princess and liked that a lot too. I again...never was able to play to even halfway through. I bought this WindWaker HD bundle because I never got to play the original and heard it was great. Let me tell you, this game blows it out of the water...no pun intended. I mean, it is gorgeous, the story is strong, and the puzzles can be very challenging. I love it! If I was going to suggest a Zelda game..especially to a beginner like me, it would be this one. It's easily one of the coolest games I have ever played. It's as strong as Mario Galaxy and that I feel might be the best game ever. Expand
  91. Nov 19, 2013
    One of the only actual "HD" remakes that shows actual graphical improvement, game was still great and fun minor tweaks such as the quick sail and the changes to the Triforce shard collection make the game better than the original. Much HD, Such Wow.
  92. Nov 18, 2013
    When I got to play this again, it brought back warm memories. This game is almost as good as OOT in my opinion. It is even better with graphics, but it does not really matter because I am so happy to see these characters again. For gamers new to Zelda, you should get this game as soon as possible. I love how the games were always tough to beat, and the game is long yet entertaining. Also,When I got to play this again, it brought back warm memories. This game is almost as good as OOT in my opinion. It is even better with graphics, but it does not really matter because I am so happy to see these characters again. For gamers new to Zelda, you should get this game as soon as possible. I love how the games were always tough to beat, and the game is long yet entertaining. Also, as you go along, you improve your skill in accuracy and awareness.F.F.O.Z, Forever Fan of Zelda. Welcome to the club. Expand
  93. Nov 17, 2013
    This is a another great entry in the Zelda series and even though it is a remake, it is a great game that gives younger players a chance to play one of the most controversial Zelda games of all time and experience its toon style remastered. I am 31 hrs through the game and it is a great experience. The music is some of the best of the Zelda series and the story is great as it feels likeThis is a another great entry in the Zelda series and even though it is a remake, it is a great game that gives younger players a chance to play one of the most controversial Zelda games of all time and experience its toon style remastered. I am 31 hrs through the game and it is a great experience. The music is some of the best of the Zelda series and the story is great as it feels like Link grows in confidence as you grow. It is a beautiful game with a stunning open world Ocean and although fewer than other entries in the series, still great characters. I would recommend this to anyone who did not get to play the Wind Waker the first time round to get this game. Expand
  94. Nov 10, 2013
    The remake of this brilliant game looks absolutely spectacular. This isn't the Zelda game I would have picked for an hd remake (Majora's Mask needs it) but I love it anyway
  95. Nov 6, 2013
    This games has brought back many happy memories of the simple days of gaming.

Both my young children absolutely love it. Even my Wii U hating Sony chipped friend admitted it looked good, sounded great and played well.

Great job Nintendo please please follow this with more great HD classics.
  96. Nov 6, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda is my all-time favorite video game series, and The Wind Waker is my favorite entry in that series. I have so many wonderful memories of the original, and to play WWHD now is such a delight. The visuals have been upgraded wonderfully. There are tons of refinements to the overall experience, and they fixed some of the biggest flaws that kept the original GameCube versionThe Legend of Zelda is my all-time favorite video game series, and The Wind Waker is my favorite entry in that series. I have so many wonderful memories of the original, and to play WWHD now is such a delight. The visuals have been upgraded wonderfully. There are tons of refinements to the overall experience, and they fixed some of the biggest flaws that kept the original GameCube version from attaining the status of perfection other Zelda titles have attained. Now, with WWHD, this is a caveat-free masterpiece I'd heartily place alongside the greats like ALttP, OoT, Link's Awakening, etc. This is what remakes should be. I love it! Expand
  97. Nov 5, 2013
    The only Zelda I never played was Wind Waker and now I get to play it like this in HD. Having completed all the Zelda games and being about 80% complete with this one I can say it is my favorite. The game looks beautiful and plays like a zelda game.
  98. Nov 4, 2013
    I loved the original game because it was pretty much not stop action. This one is basically the same but the graphics blow you into another universe. Goes without saying: Wii U has superior controls!
  99. Nov 3, 2013
    LoZ WW is amazing!!The graphics are better then the gamecube.Gameplay is still great and the music is still awesome.Like I waited for awhile till this came out and its still as fun as I remember.The game is so colourful and bright....but it can be dark and kinda creepy.You have a huge sea to explore like get it.Its awesome.
  100. Nov 2, 2013
    An absolutely fantastic game. This is one of the best looking Nintendo games to date and one of the best looking games this year. Wind Waker is the highlight of the LoZ series and the updated graphics make the experience even better. My only issues in the game are on some of Link's animations. Some of them look very stiff and don't seem updated from the Gamecube version. I would haveAn absolutely fantastic game. This is one of the best looking Nintendo games to date and one of the best looking games this year. Wind Waker is the highlight of the LoZ series and the updated graphics make the experience even better. My only issues in the game are on some of Link's animations. Some of them look very stiff and don't seem updated from the Gamecube version. I would have preferred smoother animations there. Expand
  101. Sep 21, 2013
    HOW REMAKES SHOULD BE MADE.

I know nintendo shouldn't be pulling a sony by releasing a bunch of straight up remakes for a console that needs exclusives but this game is jaw dropping

1. Jan 6, 2014
    After ten years Wind Waker is still as magical as it was when it was first released. The Wii U is all of a sudden looking like a console worth considering.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Fond memories of older games can oftentimes come to shatter when revisited but The Wind Waker still shines bright even after ten years. It is almost hard to believe the game is even that old. The battles, the dungeons and the sidequests are all still top notch and wrapped in timeless cartoon graphics. Have you not yet been enchanted by The Wind Waker then now is a better time than ever.
  3. Nov 10, 2013
    Wind Waker HD is a must play game not just for Zelda fans, but for every gamer.