• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Dec 28, 2009
9.1

1. Feb 28, 2013
    This game is a great entry into the Castlevania series and a lot of fun to play through from beginning to end. It is challenging and rewarding and really well put together. It you like the series in its original incarnations, you will love the superior treatment that this Wiiware exclusive was given. It is too bad that more companies didnt give their old games this kind of treatment. Gargoyles Quest and such would have been excellent additions to the system as well. Expand
  2. Aug 28, 2013
    Exactly what we need more of. Give us more classic game play with the audio/visual polish of modern gaming. New ideas are cool too, but throwing nostalgia without the pain of having to look at those often ugly games is genius.
  3. Jul 30, 2012
    I have to say Castlevania is one of my favorite franchises and looking at a new game on the wii is refreshing. This is basically a remake of the game Castlevania: The Adventure which I never had the chance to play but it is good to know there was and remake and that there are plans of making "ReBirth" versions of many classic games. This plays as any other castlevania game with a Belmont as the main character which was a refreshing feel as a lover of this franchise. The level design is also great yet less "open world" than other games in the franchise. The difficulty is also like before, this game is challenging which I love because more recent castlevania games have become too easy in my opinion. The enemy design is also great and the classic graphics do the job. However, I did miss the song "Bloody Tears" I wonder why it as not put there. In the end this is one of the best wiiware titles and completely worth purchasing Expand
  4. Jun 28, 2012
    Old school castlevania at it's best. Unlike those metroidvania this one puts a real challange to the player and I'll keep you interested to master every level. Graphics and music are perfet!

1. You'll need to really love your 'Vania to get the most out of this. [Mar 2010, p.72]
  2. It delivers as a "false" classic game, and it does appear to be like a Castlevania of the nineties. This will please the series followers, although maybe other gamers won't understand the game within its desired epoch and may be turned off.
  3. Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth is a throwback to the 16 bits generation. An old school game with many feelings but lack in innovation. It will satisfy the classical players but at same time It won´t be so attractive for newcomers with the franchise. A enjoyable 2D Castlevania and one of the best games on Wiiware.