8.8

1. DeigoR.
    Mar 30, 2010
    Man... I love Cave Story. In fact, I'd say it's one of the greatest video games ever made. But the PC version just pisses on the Wiiware release. The Wii edition is so bad, that it's almost an insult. The new music doesn't even have drum tracks, or work properly for that matter. Instruments come in late... audio glitches galore. Also, I honestly can't see that Man... I love Cave Story. In fact, I'd say it's one of the greatest video games ever made. But the PC version just pisses on the Wiiware release. The Wii edition is so bad, that it's almost an insult. The new music doesn't even have drum tracks, or work properly for that matter. Instruments come in late... audio glitches galore. Also, I honestly can't see that much difference between the older vs the newer graphics either. In fact I'd even go so far as to say the old graphics are much easier on the eyes. Also music doesn't even loop properly! In short, this is an inferior version. I'd avoid it like the plague until they fix the glaring issues, and get the PC version instead. Expand

1. Jan 1, 2011
    A love-letter to any gamer who plays for the sheer fun of it. Cave Story is not only the likely WiiWare game of the year, it's also a very serious contender for game of the year.
  2. Dec 28, 2010
    Cave Story is fun, satisfying, well designed and, in its best moments, amazingly exciting. It has some flaws, but in general it reminds us how an action game should be done, and this one for Wiiware is surely the best version published.
  3. Dec 27, 2010
    A title that is both retro and refreshing and ever so polished, Cave Story is not to be missed by anybody.