7.5

1. RobG
    Jan 10, 2010
    This game certainly has a lot going for it: Unique storyline, creepy atmosphere, and beautifully haunting scenery. It also suffers from several disappointing flaws: Occasionally unresponsive controls(you WILL swear at the game when this happens), overly dark graphics(even with all the lights off in my room, I sometimes still could not make out objects on the screen), and subpar This game certainly has a lot going for it: Unique storyline, creepy atmosphere, and beautifully haunting scenery. It also suffers from several disappointing flaws: Occasionally unresponsive controls(you WILL swear at the game when this happens), overly dark graphics(even with all the lights off in my room, I sometimes still could not make out objects on the screen), and subpar instructions. If this game was $50, I would never recommend it. I purchased it for $20, however, and I would call it a fairly good gaming value. If Deep Silver can work out a few control issues in a possible sequel, they could have great game on their hands. Expand

#42 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#7 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

1. The problems that can't really be forgiven, however, come from the slow pacing. True, slow pacing on its own doesn't necessarily mean bad pacing, but Cursed Mountain's molasses speed doesn't work in the game's favor.
  2. Eric has to find his brother. There's nothing more for him, just the fearless phantom figures that follow him all his way up to the Himalaya's mountain. Deep Silver had made one of their greatest games so far, with a very interesting storyline mixed with an even more interesting graphic engine. There's nothing to lose in here; it's a must-have for all terror-lovers that are looking forward to buy a good adventure for their favourite console.
  3. A great setting and lots of top shocks - Cursed Mountain is chilling in every sense. [Oct 2009, p.78]