Driver: Parallel Lines Wii

6.0

1. Matt
    Jun 28, 2007
    At the end of the day Driver on the WIi is fun. The graphics may be lacking slightly and certain aspects of the gamplay are a bit irritating, but generally this game is great to play. It provides a GTA style experience along with Wii controls which does lead to a winning combination. Certainly worth checking out.
    Aug 15, 2007
    This is a pretty solid and addictive game, and unlike wot many people believe, it isn't trying to be gta, because this is driver, so the cars and motorbikes are better and far more realistic.
  3. KhaoSharP.
    Aug 30, 2007
    It's just plain unfair for every game in an open-world setting to be rated in comparrison to GTA. No, DPL doesn't have the story/complexety/characters or whatever of GTA:SA. But it does have cool cars, great music and a city that gives a good feeling of NYC- both in the funky late seventies as well as in the moloch of modern days, As well as controls even a sixaxis on PS3 It's just plain unfair for every game in an open-world setting to be rated in comparrison to GTA. No, DPL doesn't have the story/complexety/characters or whatever of GTA:SA. But it does have cool cars, great music and a city that gives a good feeling of NYC- both in the funky late seventies as well as in the moloch of modern days, As well as controls even a sixaxis on PS3 couldn't get close to beat. And what's most important: DPL is on the Wii, GTA is not. Period. Expand
  4. HirokiW.
    Sep 30, 2007
    Suprisingly good, very good imitation of Grand Theft auto. Graphics are not that good, but gameplay is good especially with wiimote aiming - although has some quirks and bugs.
  5. Shane
    Jun 30, 2007
    Brilliant controls. Decent graphics. Fun gameplay. GTA clone. Blow stuff up and kill people. Great physics too!
  6. PeterM.
    Jul 23, 2007
    Excellent gameplay , controls on foot , driving vehicles.
  7. LennyL.
    Jun 28, 2007
    If you want a GTA style game this is it. It has what GTA has but does it better. Motion controls aren't tacked on, shooting with remote is good, hand brakes with the nuncuck is also good. overall a good game.
  8. RM
    Sep 22, 2007
    I bought the game expecting some disappointments but honestly this is a pretty good game, the controls take a bit to get use too, since you can't really move the nunchuck. But over-all I enjoy and would recommend it.
  9. Dec 16, 2014
    I liked it, it's by no mean perfect, but if you're looking for an open world experience on the wii I would recommend it. The game has an okay story and fun gameplay to match it. So if you find this in the bargain bin (like I did) pick it up.
  10. Jerry
    Aug 13, 2007
    Unfortunately, doesn
  11. DannyH.
    Jan 9, 2008
    I simply can't believe this game was actually released as is, it has so many holes in it. It's by far and away the worst Wii game I have ever played, I just wish I could get my money back. I was thinking of selling it on eBay but would feel sorry for the buyer. So it's in the bin. The controls for this game are a complete mess, it seems like they were pressured to put a I simply can't believe this game was actually released as is, it has so many holes in it. It's by far and away the worst Wii game I have ever played, I just wish I could get my money back. I was thinking of selling it on eBay but would feel sorry for the buyer. So it's in the bin. The controls for this game are a complete mess, it seems like they were pressured to put a game together and this is the patchwork piece of baloney they came up with. Games from the 80's fare better compared to this. I'm honestly baffled as to why it received such a high-score on MC, I trust the scores so highly, but this time the Critics and the Users made a terrible mistake, a mistake that cost me 100$. Damn it all anyway. Expand

#56 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007

Driver attempts to join the ranks of more successful Wii-makes such as Godfather and Scarface, but will find itself at the bottom of the open-world barrel on Nintendo’s console, as the game lacks depth, fine-tuned control, and the right mix of motion/IR control.
  2. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    It's alright, but not good enough for us to forgive yet another port. [Aug 2007, p.76]
    There are some things the game does right -- the drive-by shooting is pretty sweet -- but problems with the controls for the driving -- essentially the guts of the game -- more than suck any sort of fun out of the thing.