• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Dec 5, 2007
6.8

1. Jun 28, 2014
    Godzilla: Unleashed is Pipeworks' third and final Godzilla title. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the weakest installment of the trilogy. I cannot count the number of bugs this game had. The controls are strangely out of tune, because there are times when the monsters don't do what you want them to. There are a few positives; the most noteworthy being the huge roster of playableGodzilla: Unleashed is Pipeworks' third and final Godzilla title. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the weakest installment of the trilogy. I cannot count the number of bugs this game had. The controls are strangely out of tune, because there are times when the monsters don't do what you want them to. There are a few positives; the most noteworthy being the huge roster of playable monsters. The Wii version is the winner over this game's PS2 counterpart, which feels more like an update of Godzilla: Save the Earth than a totally new game. While it is superior to the PS2 version, it is still hampered by the aforementioned problems. I am a hardcore Godzilla fan, and I still thought this game was just average. Expand
  2. Jul 19, 2013
    This is one of my all time favorite Wii games that i have played in my life. I have unlocked every monster, maps, unlockables and completed the story with the different factions. My favorite monsters to play as are the three versions of Godzilla.
  3. Dec 8, 2011
    This is a fantastic game for Godzilla fans. The controls take getting used to, but once you get it, they are solid. Graphic are amazing. Main thing I don't like is the crystal pillar bashes in story mode.
  4. Dec 5, 2011
    Whatever the retards that gave this game a bad review, including the major game reviewers like IGN and GamingExcellence dont know how to play the game and are always terrible at reviewing. This games controls are bad but after a few days you'll get the hang of them, and i bet they only gave it a day to proove itself. The story is average as far as plot goes, but is sometimes challengingWhatever the retards that gave this game a bad review, including the major game reviewers like IGN and GamingExcellence dont know how to play the game and are always terrible at reviewing. This games controls are bad but after a few days you'll get the hang of them, and i bet they only gave it a day to proove itself. The story is average as far as plot goes, but is sometimes challenging but nevertheless is still a blast to play to anyone who doesnt have the attention span of a second grader. The thing i love the most about this game is the cast of monsters, which has increrased greatly since the two preceeders that came before it, with almost 30 titans to play with, and most have their own move sets, there is alot of fun to come out of them. There are 4 factions of monsters in the game, Earth Defenders, the Global Defense Force, Aliens, and Mutants. Godzilla and his friends from monster island are in the earth defender faction. The mechagodzillas and other mechs are in the GDF. King Ghidorah and Gigan and their accomplaces are in the alien faction. And Spacegodzilla, his new minions like Biollante and Titanosaurus, and a few new monsters are in the mutants faction. Overall, the game is a fighting game to rival Super Smash Bros Brawl on the Wii. Expand
  5. Sep 10, 2011
    Atari did a fantastic job when it came to making a fighting game with my favorite monster in film. Though it does control somewhat stiff it still is a fun game with a lot of great unlockables.
  6. GodzillaFan
    Oct 26, 2008
    Godzilla has had a HUGELY succesful movie series (32 movies.... that's a record!). However, back before the 2001 release of Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee, most godzilla games typically sucked, and I'm saying this as a godzilla fan (that's pretty bad...). Even then, GDAMM, and it's sequal, GSTE (Godzilla Save the Earth) all had it's flaws, but they wereGodzilla has had a HUGELY succesful movie series (32 movies.... that's a record!). However, back before the 2001 release of Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee, most godzilla games typically sucked, and I'm saying this as a godzilla fan (that's pretty bad...). Even then, GDAMM, and it's sequal, GSTE (Godzilla Save the Earth) all had it's flaws, but they were decent. Then, BAM! We are given Godzilla Unleashed, the greatest Godzilla game we had ever been given and one of the greatest fighting games I have ever played. The graphics are awesome for a Wii, and the audio (especially the music) is incredible. The controls took some getting used to. I figured out the controls rather easily by just going through the tutorial. Originally, I thought it was fine. However, many of my friends had trouble with the controls and didn't learn it as easily, so I do have to point that out. It's got 26 monsters to choose from, which is a huge amount judging by the 11 we had in GDAMM around 6 years ago. What really got my attention was the custom options. You can litterally tweak every element of gameplay in the game, whether it is the military, the power ups, or even the size of the monsters. What most of my friend's found fun in was a mode called destruction mode, where you make up your differences with other monsters and can either team up or compete in destroying buildings and fighting military. There is only one major problem I have, and that is the lack of polish this game has. I shouldn't be complaining that much considering that Super Smash Bros. Brawl was delayed like hell and still came riddled with bugs. Yeah, cramming all that content within one year is kind of begging to be riddled with glitches, but I just have to point that out. Some even affect gameplay, most notably being Mechagodzilla's inablity to use power ups and that if you fight godzilla 2000 when he's blue, you won't get any points. However, not all the bugs are terrible. One kinda made up the bugs for me. For some monsters, you can litterally JUMP OUT of the arena if you try hard enough, and then, you can explore the outskirts of the arenas, and you can even walk into the volcano in Seattle. So, my final verdict on this game is that, this game is an awesome game to play with friends or by yourself. The only problems is the bugs, and even that is somewhat made up by other bugs (though not completely, hence the score not being 10). If you are a fighting game or giant monster fan, and you own a wii, then get this game as soon as you can. Expand
  7. TahirGhafoor
    Jun 22, 2008
    Godzilla Unleashed is a great game for the Wii.

Godzilla Unleashed is a great game for the Wii.

I think the controls are actually very good. It's unfortunate reviewers nowadays seem to spend very little time with the games they are meant to review as if they had spent 2-3 days, I think things would've clicked nicely for them. The reason they appear broken to some is that people may have a tendency to button mash . Do you remember playing Street Fighter with no clue as to what did what but still managing to beat people by button mashing? .....and how, after moving to the Tekken series, that was very much reduced because timing your attacks was key, mixed with knowing when to guard?
    Well, in the same way, you can't just "button mash" or "wildly swing" your way to victory in this, you need to time things well and pace attacks/defence......if you do this, you'll be fine, so I feel it's actually quite good once you get used to it.

The multiplayer is brilliant with things from "last man standing" to standard brawl type affairs. Having 4 player multiplayer and with everyone going hell for leather trying to bash each other, health reduces quite quickly, so you can have quick games as well as longer ones (multiplayer is where this game really shines).

Graphics are top notch too, I really don't see why everyone thinks they're bad. When I play, I don't even notice them as I'm too busy having fun.

In comparison to SSBB, the arena's in this are 3D (not 2D like brawl), larger, and you can see what you're doing (makes a change not having the camera positioned miles away from the action). In fact, the camera moves nicely so that you always see all of the area you need to see all the time.

Mainly, with everyone having the same level of ability wrt the controls, it's actually quite a good laugh as a party type of game.

Highly recommended and it's also available for "bargain bin" prices nowadays, so there's no excuse not to pick it up.
  8. tombofanubis
    Dec 19, 2007
    Not an amazing game by any means, but a lot of fun for the hardcore Toho-phile. Suggest a rental first though to make sure the control schemes and generally terrible "story" elements aren't going to make you regret a purchase. I've had it a week and put 15+ hours into it, but I've also been a Godzilla nerd for 20 years, so take it as you will.
  9. LupusA.
    Dec 18, 2007
    I can't play this game because the remote does not follow the action....unplayable.
  10. JohnC.
    Dec 12, 2007
    Critics get paid to rate a game, but there is no objectivity when describing fun, especially the insane amount of fun I had with this game.
  11. VoltaireT.
    Dec 10, 2007
    Contrary to what most critics say, this is by far a terrible game. it has plenty of replay value through unlockables , 4 player modes, and a nonlinear story mode. the graphics arent bad, with the exeption to some textures, but the controls take some gettng used to. however, while the cintrols may not be nice to newbies or casual gamers, it works out fine in the end. the ability to use Contrary to what most critics say, this is by far a terrible game. it has plenty of replay value through unlockables , 4 player modes, and a nonlinear story mode. the graphics arent bad, with the exeption to some textures, but the controls take some gettng used to. however, while the cintrols may not be nice to newbies or casual gamers, it works out fine in the end. the ability to use certain attacks regardless of the camera is deffinetly where the game shins{ of course, once you understand the controls}.this game contains a total of 26 differnet playable monsters and is a must have forgodzilla nerds , or just someone craveing for a solid fighting game on the wii. Expand
  12. JasonT.
    Dec 10, 2007
    Fun, looks great, sounds great. the controls take some getting used to, it takes too long to unlock all of the monsters, the arenas area little bland, and there are bugs. there is a lack of polishing features like cool cinematics and some of the load/save ergonomics are a little clunky. but, core gameplay is excellent, and monsters are fun, and it's a great multiplayer experience.
  13. BuckyS.
    Dec 8, 2007
    Horrible controls ruined the game....RENTAL.
  14. GeorgeL.
    Nov 24, 2007
    This game is awesome. It's non liner storyline, and beautiful controls make this game the best fighting game ever made.

1. Dodgy monster beat-'em-up that doesn't get anything right. [Mar 2008, p.79]
  2. I plan to sink my copy into a bucket of concrete and plunge it into the deepest part of the ocean, after dropping it in a vat of carbolic acid.
  3. Just a shoddily put together game that will fail to excite even the most hardcore monster fans. Avoid this at all costs.