6.0

1. Oct 22, 2010
    I wasn't expecting much because of mediocre games in the past and it turned out to be maybe the worst in the series so far. The game can be explained in three words: Dueling, Potions, Quidditch. And that's it. Sure, you can explore a very authentic Hogwarts (the most enjoyable thing about the game) but these three minigames is everything else. Dueling is in it the most but it isn't very enjoyable, as you will find yourself just flailing the WIi Remote around. Also, it is pretty much impossible to die. Potions is the most fun because you actually get to add ingredients and stuff! Quidditch is just flying through hoops (in the earlier levels I just put the Wii Remote on my lap and made it through almost every ring). The game does a very bad job of translating the story and the whole experience boils down to annoying. The game has absolutely no challenge and the only multiplayer option is to duel. Go watch the movie instead of playing. Expand
  2. Oct 7, 2014
    Kind of exciting and fun the first time, but it gets really boring after some time. I still think it is pretty good, but not worth getting unless you're a crazy harry potter fan.

In the end, the game isn't a horrible experience. It is kind of fun and features some decent gameplay, but is it worth $50? I don't think so.
    On Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, you obviously get prettier graphics and on Wii you have superior controls, in my opinion. Which is more important is ultimately up to you. This year's game delivers the most complete and immersive version of Hogwarts yet and if you love the universe that J.K. Rowling created, you will undoubtedly find great entertainment in exploring the immense school in all of its many intricacies.
    The game should be called "Harry Potter and the Half-Assed Game." Even though Endless Day mode allows you to visit the Hogwarts grounds at your leisure after the primary game finishes, letting you round up the rest of the collectibles and deal with any unfinished dueling or Potions challenges, I felt as though EA delivered only half the game I had hoped for.