7.6

1. Apr 24, 2011
    In my opinion Hasbro Family Game Night in a Wii format fails for one basic reason: Human beings don't want to wrestle with technology or be focused on a screen when they're trying to socialize. As a board game inventor since 2000, I have often wrestled with the difficult question of technology vs. old-fashioned live, in person party games. It's interesting how many people have asked meIn my opinion Hasbro Family Game Night in a Wii format fails for one basic reason: Human beings don't want to wrestle with technology or be focused on a screen when they're trying to socialize. As a board game inventor since 2000, I have often wrestled with the difficult question of technology vs. old-fashioned live, in person party games. It's interesting how many people have asked me to create online or computer games. My reaction has always been a resounding NO! It defeats the entire purpose. The reason I am so addicted to creating and playing party games is because the experience I seek involves live human interaction. And the last thing I want to do when I'm relaxing and socializing is look at a screen. After discovering Hasbro Game Night 3, I can't help but think I've been vindicated. Meanwhile, I have come up with my own solution for using technology and old-fashioned games. I've done something much more creative and useful than Hasbro ever thought to do.

The solution is the website www.MonkeyLoungeGames.com. In a nutshell, our site offers unlimited access to hundreds of on-demand party games for $3 a month. So there is the value: lots of choices, customizable, instant, and inexpensive. Here are the website features. * Hundreds of games * Thousands of cards * New cards added each month
    * A simple scoring system so lots of different games can be played together * Customizable * Get your games in minutes You get your games by printing PDFS from the computer, or (coming soon) on your iPhone or iPad. After all, you only need the cards to enjoy a good party game. It will be interesting to find out if we've finally solved the inherent incompatability of technology and playing with other human beings in person. Cheers.

A collection of board game classics that succeeds when those classics are represented well, but isn't nearly so fun when too many liberties are taken or too many control issues get in the way of enjoying each design in the way it was originally intended.
  2. This isn't necessarily a bad game per se, but it's simply uninspiring. The content is meager and what's in here doesn't really do it's job particularly well. There are a lot of minigame collections on the Wii that offer you a whole lot better content than this.
  3. Game Night is definitely the way to go if you don't own the original games, or if you're too lazy to drag them out of the closet.