Heatseeker Wii

6.2

1. JohnB.
    Apr 22, 2007
    I'm a massive Ace Combat and Afterburner fan, I love arcade-style jetsims, and I hate Heatseeker. The reason, aside from the horrible voice-acting, generic looking plane-textures, horribly constrictive levels and uninspired environments, is the control system. Simply put, it's diabolical. There is no option to change the sensitivity and for anyone without the steady-hand of a I'm a massive Ace Combat and Afterburner fan, I love arcade-style jetsims, and I hate Heatseeker. The reason, aside from the horrible voice-acting, generic looking plane-textures, horribly constrictive levels and uninspired environments, is the control system. Simply put, it's diabolical. There is no option to change the sensitivity and for anyone without the steady-hand of a surgeon it is an exercise in complete frustration, as you over-shoot your target again, and again, and again, all the while the game chiding you for doing so. A complete and total wasted opportunity. Expand
  2. TA
    May 11, 2007
    Bad graphics, problematic controls, idiot AI. Impact cam is a complete gimmick, thought that it would play a part in gameplay, but it's more of a replay feature. could have implemented better play mechanics with the wiimote. Graphics couldn't even compare to the 2 year old ace combat 5 on PS2. just pathetic.
  3. Mario1962
    Apr 19, 2007
    Got the game on Thursday, and returned on the Friday week after. The controls are broken for the most part (I have tried all 3 settings) they are completely unresponsive, no matter if you are in 'arcade' or 'professional' mode. Also there are too many functions allocated on the D-Pad which it is hard to get to. But worst of all is the fact that you can't view Got the game on Thursday, and returned on the Friday week after. The controls are broken for the most part (I have tried all 3 settings) they are completely unresponsive, no matter if you are in 'arcade' or 'professional' mode. Also there are too many functions allocated on the D-Pad which it is hard to get to. But worst of all is the fact that you can't view around your plane (only your back side with the hard to get D-Pad buttons). Graphics are very average. Don Expand

#49 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#53 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    Exactly the sort of game that should ensure the Wii continues to thrive. It's easy to get used to, has a perfect difficulty curve and is pure fun throughout. An explosive success. [Apr 2007, p.64]
  2. Nintendo Power
    The presentation is capped off with detailed graphics and special effects, and live-action FMV sequences that would've been right at home in the jet sims of the genre's heyday. [May 2007, p.89]
  3. Nintendo Gamer
    Fast as you like, fun to control and a mindless diversion for military fetishists. Difficult, even on the easiest setting, but if you're up to the challenge you'll get loads of value from it. [May 2007, p.46]