6.2

1. MatG.
    May 1, 2007
    The gameplay and controls on this game are great and easy to get used to. Graphics on the ground are poor, in the air detailed with good explosions. The missions are quite long, and there are a large variety of planes, weapons and bonuses.
  2. HerbertG.
    Jun 14, 2007
    This game is fun. very nice action. grafics are good (in air). controls are great. perhaps to less missions.
  3. DustinP.
    May 11, 2007
    It's a pretty decent game. The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that I couldn't use the nunchuck to steer and adjust pitch (like on Blazing Angels). It was just the wiimote. And that doesn't feel like you're actually flying, it feels like something out of WarioWare. Even so, I still like the game and will keep playing it.
  4. RupertA.
    May 8, 2007
    Although a bit rough around the edges, Heatseeker delivers a rock-solid air combat arcade (read: fun and addictive) experience. Multi-objective missions are designed well and test the full range of your flying skills. The variety of aircraft adds extra flavour, with different planes handling radically differently, requiring unique fighting tactics. Numerous weapons kits add replay value. Although a bit rough around the edges, Heatseeker delivers a rock-solid air combat arcade (read: fun and addictive) experience. Multi-objective missions are designed well and test the full range of your flying skills. The variety of aircraft adds extra flavour, with different planes handling radically differently, requiring unique fighting tactics. Numerous weapons kits add replay value. The controls are for the most part well implemented: the "Alternate-2" control scheme allows you to use the nunchuk as a flight stick, adding a great deal of fun to the game. Unfortunately, not all controls were worked out this well, and other reviews citing the problems with the D-pad are true -- but practise makes perfect. The out-of-game menus don't accept input from the nunchuk control stick, which is a huge fumble for the designers but doesn't really affect gameplay. The graphics are beautiful where it matters: clouds, planes, and land masses are very realistic and lively. The impact cam never fails to provide glorious eye candy. Ground targets and buildings are not modelled very well at all, but what's the big deal?! You're only going to blow them up anyway. The game runs in 16:9 and seems to do 480p -- kind of. In practise, some objects (fonts, ground targets, but not planes or clouds) simply weren't created at high enough resolutions to look nice at 480p. In the final analysis, it's the action that counts - and this delivers it in spades. This is a big first step for flight sims on the Wii. Recommended. Expand
  5. SteveM.
    Mar 31, 2007
    This game is really good. Lots of controller options to suit all people, unlockable content, great graphics, it's Top Gun the movie meets that old classic Afterburner. The missions can be repetitive, and the story a little cheesy, but for me, the lack of co-op or multiplayer was a blow! Even so, id say this is an excellent buy!
  6. RobertH.
    Apr 14, 2007
    I like the diverse missions and weapons. Much thought is needed sometimes to choose the optimum weapons kit and plane factoring in types of enemies and playing style. Some reviews say the scenery looks horrible but I think the terrain looks awesome as you race over it and the buildings are mostly good. The cinematic "Impact Cam" is pretty cool and is not overused (but I wouldn't want I like the diverse missions and weapons. Much thought is needed sometimes to choose the optimum weapons kit and plane factoring in types of enemies and playing style. Some reviews say the scenery looks horrible but I think the terrain looks awesome as you race over it and the buildings are mostly good. The cinematic "Impact Cam" is pretty cool and is not overused (but I wouldn't want it more) It does a good job of immersing you in the world and contrary to some reviews I find the ship attacks fun. There is nothing like racing over a SAM installation or bunker and destroying it in one hit with a guided bomb. I find the controls good (use the professional controls) but would like to see a bit more axis/button customization. The planes are really well detailed and have diverse flight characteristics. Their are many planes to choose from and it is very rewarding to unlock the extra planes and weapons kits. The bonus objectives for unlocking are well labeled and make the game more interesting. I was surprised that replaying a level was actually quite fun! The story is developed though briefings news reports and (to a lesser extent) cut scenes. I only wish that the story and characters were developed more. As the second game I brought for my Wii I recommend it to anyone who likes planes or ridiculous amounts of action. I like the controls but sometimes I wish the planes (reproduced and licensed by Boeing and Lockheed Martin) were a bit more responsive, but thats only because flight characteristic trade offs (like speed, stealth or defense). Game Play:9 Story:7 Graphics:9 Action:9 (it hardly ever stops) Controls:9.5 Sound:7 (music is repetitive) Final:9 Expand
  7. RR.
    Apr 30, 2007
    Pretty good game, good adrenaline rush and the controls are bloody immersive. Well done Codemasters!
  8. KeithN.
    Jul 22, 2007
    With the extra weapons pack, and plane packs that you get when you register the planes, Heatseeker becomes a fairly entertaining game that offers a very intuitive (albeit unrealistic)control over the aircraft. The only negative is not being able to fly enemy aircraft in campaign mode, but hey, when you're in a Raptor...who's complaining ?

1. Exactly the sort of game that should ensure the Wii continues to thrive. It's easy to get used to, has a perfect difficulty curve and is pure fun throughout. An explosive success. [Apr 2007, p.64]
  2. The presentation is capped off with detailed graphics and special effects, and live-action FMV sequences that would've been right at home in the jet sims of the genre's heyday. [May 2007, p.89]
  3. Fast as you like, fun to control and a mindless diversion for military fetishists. Difficult, even on the easiest setting, but if you're up to the challenge you'll get loads of value from it. [May 2007, p.46]