• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Nov 17, 2009
8.0

1. Jul 25, 2011
    I better set my self in going to the Disco with my friends and girlfriend rather than playing this. This is a reason why some software developers still don't understand to work with the WII games. In Fact the game doesn't even have a big music list , giving the option to throw it in the antique stuff . Also, the movement aren't readable , well, most of them, so is easy too cheat.
  2. MarcusL
    Jan 24, 2010
    I'm going to cut to the chase here. Just Dance doesn't work. It's a disgrace to the Wii's casual gamer market, as it is a pitiful substitute to actually playing some albums, getting some friends round and ACTUALLY dancing, not looking like a tool. Sure, there are decent songs on the game, but frankly, for a game aimed at those that haven't picked up a gaming I'm going to cut to the chase here. Just Dance doesn't work. It's a disgrace to the Wii's casual gamer market, as it is a pitiful substitute to actually playing some albums, getting some friends round and ACTUALLY dancing, not looking like a tool. Sure, there are decent songs on the game, but frankly, for a game aimed at those that haven't picked up a gaming controller at all, or in a long time, it's just a joke. To quote an internet meme, Ubisoft, I am disappoint. Expand
  3. John
    Jan 20, 2010
    Awful. Simply awful. If you want to prolong this kind of rubbish taking advantage of Wii-owning families, or you lack the willpower to get yourself to shake your arms about a bit, buy this game. Otherwise, stick to Super Mario Galaxy.
  4. MrTwinbee
    Jan 18, 2010
    This game is just terrible. Its another example of the casual market becoming the ultimate cancer in the videogame industry. Just Dance is basically another rip off of the DDR series. The hand waving is seriously moronic. I dont mind motion control at all as long as its well implemented. The sad fact is that many stunning games are being left on the shelf because of stupid This game is just terrible. Its another example of the casual market becoming the ultimate cancer in the videogame industry. Just Dance is basically another rip off of the DDR series. The hand waving is seriously moronic. I dont mind motion control at all as long as its well implemented. The sad fact is that many stunning games are being left on the shelf because of stupid parents/grandparents/boyfriends who dont know any better. The pro reviewers are bang on with this one. Ah well, keep buying it peeps and help kill off an industry ive loved for 20 years. Expand
  5. Connor
    Jan 22, 2010
    I purchased this. I really did. I spent time "playing" it. I feel used. I dont understand how so many people are giving it such high reviews. Most of the reviews say that its because its a fun mulitplayer game. Really? When i think of mulitplayer games I think of my mates and I gathered around a T.V, watching as one of us pulls off a game-winning, last-minute, skillful combo in Street I purchased this. I really did. I spent time "playing" it. I feel used. I dont understand how so many people are giving it such high reviews. Most of the reviews say that its because its a fun mulitplayer game. Really? When i think of mulitplayer games I think of my mates and I gathered around a T.V, watching as one of us pulls off a game-winning, last-minute, skillful combo in Street Fighter IV, a perfectly timed red shell in Mario Kart , or a lucky-yet-somehow-skilled rebound on Peggle. Not this. You could get the same playabilty from watching a music channel and waving a mobile phone about. Games dont have to be about skill, far from it. But they need to be playable. From a techical viewpoint, this game is complete guff. Just Dance? Just Dont. Expand
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    I do the moves in the exactly how the game does it but it is unresponsive to what I do. I never win because the game is so random when it comes to the movements even when I do the moves exactly the way they are shown on screen.

1. Technically flawed but undeniably fun with the right company (and probably several crates of beer). [Mar 2010, p.66]
  2. Granted, at the $40 price tag you'd probably be better off investing more money and grabbing DDR, Rock Band, or Guitar Hero for an experience that is going to last longer, and is ultimately more satisfying.
  3. Just Dance is the sort of game that you should know if you’re going to hate it or not just from taking a moment to examine the box. If the thought of recreating Katy Perry and Kylie Minogue videos in your living room makes you want to bash your head into a wall, then you probably don’t need me to tell you that this game will drive you to act on that desire.