8.0

1. Oct 20, 2010
    After the horrific Lego Indiana Jones 2, this game is clearly trying to set the Lego games back on track. Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 goes more back to the series' roots. The game still has the amazing Lego charm and Harry Potter is an unsurprisingly nice fit for the series. The gameplay is where this game is at its worst. The entire game is filled with way too simple puzzles usuallyAfter the horrific Lego Indiana Jones 2, this game is clearly trying to set the Lego games back on track. Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 goes more back to the series' roots. The game still has the amazing Lego charm and Harry Potter is an unsurprisingly nice fit for the series. The gameplay is where this game is at its worst. The entire game is filled with way too simple puzzles usually involving levitating one object to another place or putting something back together. The same basic puzzles are repeated over and over again. Most of thre game has no combat whatsoever. The memorable scenes from Harry Potter aren't very fun to play in this game and are quite disappointing, like the third task and the fact ther is no playable Quidditch or Hippogriff riding scenes. The boss battles aren't fun and too easy as well. Harry Potter does work well with the Lego formula, especially exploring Hogwarts, but most of the movies' memorable scenes just don't wrk in this game. Expand
  2. Aug 20, 2011
    Star Wars, Indiana Jones , Pirates of the Caribbean, Rock Band heck even Harry Potter has an Lego adaptation. Lego has grown very well and gained a lot of attraction , especially for kid, Harry Potter version is nice and fun. I'm very pleased with the entertainment.
  3. Nov 6, 2011
    Relatively good game but the puzzles get old fast. The Soundtrack is copied directly from the movies though it can get repetitive. If you want a Lego game go for Star WARS The Clone Wars.
  4. Dec 30, 2014
    LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is a game loaded with charm, wit, and poorly designed game mechanics that almost ruin the entire experience. It's enjoyable, but not a very good game.
  5. Mar 8, 2015
    Following LEGO Indiana Jones 2 and being a big Harry Potter fan, I have to say that I was quite pleased with this game when it was released. Unfortunately, my thoughts have changed a bit.

This game would be receiving an 8 if not for one thing: after completing the main story, I encountered two game-breaking glitches. One that didn't allow me to go inside the Gryffindor common room ever again and one that didn't even allow me to get out of a basement so I was basically stuck in there the entire time. Not being able to go back to get 100% on a game you liked lowers the quality in my opinion. There are also does not appear to be a brightness option in the game. Several times in darkened levels, it took me several minutes to figure out what I was supposed to do due to the low amount of light in the game.

I'm pretty sure what I'm experiencing (the brightness problem) may be simply related to the Wii. PS3 and Xbox 360 players may have no problems. The bugs, however, can be found on all versions, which is a shame.

Well now on to the actual game. LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 made me so happy when it first came out. Harry Potter and LEGO were two of my favorite things at the time (HP still is) and I loved how they turned the first four movies into something so fun and great. The co-op feature definitely adds to the fun factor of the game. LEGO games are simply nothing without co-op. They also brought back the level creator from LEGO Indiana Jones 2 which was a smart move.

Unfortunately, there is also something wrong with the level creator. Every single time I am almost done with creating a level with my brother, the game crashes and we have to start all the way over which is really a shame. I don't think this a Wii problem because this never happened on LEGO Indiana Jones 2.

Overall, I think I am giving LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 a bit of slack in terms of the score I'm giving it. The levels are great and I would recommend to it any Harry Potter fan...but on another console. Several game-breaking glitches ruined this game for me.

#22 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010
#65 Most Shared Wii Game of 2010

1. While Harry Potter doesn't offer much innovation for the LEGO franchise, it at least puts it back on track.
    LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is a love letter to fans of the Boy Who Lived. The comedic cutscenes toying with canon, the hundreds of hidden things to find, and the general sense of a great LEGO game paired with a great series really makes this game a standout.
  3. The concept of LEGO Games blends perfectly with the Harry Potter franchise. Possibly the best LEGO Game to date!