Link's Crossbow Training Wii

7.1

1. Nov 13, 2011
    Pretty cool arcade fun, although it's pretty short lived, the Zapper controller works and feels like a crossbow, and as for the presentation, it's pretty much on par with the basic parts of Twilight Princess.
  2. DougL
    May 23, 2008
    I like the game but dont really like the two handed zapper. I do enjoy the NYKO perfect shot with this game but the trigger is a bit tight. A good game for those who miss duck hunt etc. the "ranger" missions are a lot of fun especially for someone who played/finished twightlight princess. Would not have spend $50 on this, but for 20-25 it is fun if you want some light-gun action.
  3. BenjaminB.
    Jan 14, 2008
    I finished the game after about three hours with all the medals but it's always a fun to replay it, especially with friends. But it stays just a quite nice, very short shooter, no must-have if you don't need a zapper. Do not expect too much and you won't be disappointed.
  4. Dec 25, 2011
    This game is very enjoyable and has a high replay value. Unfortunately it's a very short experience that leaves you wanting more. It feels more like a mini game that should have been included within Twilight Princess.
  5. Oct 24, 2013
    It's similar too Wii sports for being fun for a little while but after around a month and never really found a reason to play it again seeing it only helps me how to use the Wii gun.
  6. Aug 31, 2016
    If you're trying to get into the Zelda series (first of all, good for you) and you're wondering if you should play this game, then you've come to the right place.
    You see, Link's Crossbow Training is not a main game of the series, so unless you're a collector type person, then I would recommend skipping this game and getting it later down the road when you're, perhaps waiting for a new Zelda game to release?
    The zapper is awkward, and if you're comfortable holding a crossbow or rifle or anything of that sort, knows that the trigger should be in the back of the firearm, not the front. So if you're a crossbow fanatic this game is certainly not for you.
    It's entertaining and cheap, so honestly, you can't go wrong with this.
  7. Nov 1, 2010
    I have been playing this game for a few weeks now and I think its great. The A.V. Club said you can get through it in one sitting...WRONG! Sure its not a long game, and you can get to the end probably sooner than other games but its a very fun shooter. The sounds are great and the levels are challenging and it looks good too. Plus the game encourages accuracy over just plain blasting.I have been playing this game for a few weeks now and I think its great. The A.V. Club said you can get through it in one sitting...WRONG! Sure its not a long game, and you can get to the end probably sooner than other games but its a very fun shooter. The sounds are great and the levels are challenging and it looks good too. Plus the game encourages accuracy over just plain blasting. It could have more levels, but I'm sure most people won't get every metal and find every enemy for a long time.

Using the zapper is sort of hit or miss (pardon the pun). I find I do better without it, but I've used it as well too. For the price you can't beat this game. Well you can eventually...oh never mind.

#24 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#38 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. So while Crossbow Training isn't a deep experience (it really needs online leader boards), it's addictive and justifies buying the Zapper.
    The problem with Link's Crossbow Training is unusual. It's not that it's a bad game. Instead, it's that there's just not enough to it.
    It's great for family gaming and the competitive edge offered makes it attractive to core gamers. If only Nintendo had bothered to include global ranked high-score leaderboards.