8.3

1. Apr 16, 2018
    outro game que marcou meu wii e minha vida, diversão garantida, tem erros por isso não dou nota máxima.
  2. Apr 2, 2018
    Usou muito bem os controles de movimento, pistas variadas e musica fantastica! Um dos melhores jogos do Wii!
  3. Mar 31, 2018
    Переигрывал миллион раз. графика не ахти, но построение локаций отлична.
  4. Mar 31, 2018
    Aside from reception issues between the Wii remotes and the Wii, this was the perfect Mario Kart. Everything had been thought through and the skill curve was on going.
  5. Mar 24, 2018
    This Is One Of, If Not, The Best Mario Kart Game And Courses In The Series's Lineup! While Some Complain That "It Doesn't Have The Graphics Of MK8 So It's Bad!!" Or "It Isn't As Fair Or Fun As MKDD!!" , I Think That This Is An Excellent Game! It Doesn't Need 4K HD Graphics To Be Good Nor Does It Need To Have A Partner System Or Balanced Items To Be Fun Or Fair, Because Mario Kart Wii CanThis Is One Of, If Not, The Best Mario Kart Game And Courses In The Series's Lineup! While Some Complain That "It Doesn't Have The Graphics Of MK8 So It's Bad!!" Or "It Isn't As Fair Or Fun As MKDD!!" , I Think That This Is An Excellent Game! It Doesn't Need 4K HD Graphics To Be Good Nor Does It Need To Have A Partner System Or Balanced Items To Be Fun Or Fair, Because Mario Kart Wii Can Be Fun Regardless. How Does It Do That? With Its Replay Value. With So Many People Flocking To MKWii Even After The Death Of WiiConnect24 Proves This, The Online Mode Was Just A Factor In Mario Kart Wii's Replay Value. There Is Still So Much Fun To Be Had Without Online, And Even That Is Still Alive With Wiimmfi! This Game, Along With The Wii, Is A Must Have. People Should At Least Try It Once In Their Life And Get Their Ass Off Fortnite! Expand
  6. Mar 18, 2018
    a fun and addictive racer with so much goodness packed into it i be live its the best one yet
  7. Mar 16, 2018
    I would put Mario Kart WII in #2 out of all the 8. I would say its the best. Sure for me the characters are weak and the online is down, but the tracks are good,
  8. Mar 14, 2018
    This game is so, so amazing. Awesome tracks, great controls, good modes. The items could use a little work, but that's only a small concern.
  9. Mar 9, 2018
    This game is the best Mario Kart game so far. Great Graphics for the time it was made in and fun gameplay. It appeals to any type of player: casual players play the singleplayer mode and have fun with friends, experimenting with the wii wheel and motion controls the game offers. More competitive players get the most enjoyment of the game, which is why not many people rate this game 9s andThis game is the best Mario Kart game so far. Great Graphics for the time it was made in and fun gameplay. It appeals to any type of player: casual players play the singleplayer mode and have fun with friends, experimenting with the wii wheel and motion controls the game offers. More competitive players get the most enjoyment of the game, which is why not many people rate this game 9s and 10s. The meta is not diverse, as only 2 characters and 2 vehicles are plausible to use, because inside drifting dominates the competitive scene and wheelies are the fastest way of racing. The main point, however, is shortcuts. They are incredible in this game, even though most are unintended. The level of craziness and fun of these shortcuts is incredible. Perfecting them takes a lot but is worth it in the long run, as you’ll be able to dominate in worldwide games (not anymore sadly, but there are hacks that allow you to do that), and most importantly, you can show off to your friends. Expand
  10. Feb 21, 2018
    Pretty good game. It gets kind of repetitive, but the game is solid. #ChaseMccain4life
  11. Jan 31, 2018
    A truly brilliant mario kart game. one of the first nintendo exclusives I ever played, and i will always remember its fun and original courses and, contrary to popular opinion, it's really fun controls and wheel adapter. difinitive racing game for the wii.
  12. Jan 27, 2018
    Pretty decent mario kart game - definitely not one of my favorites, and probably the game where I felt the most frustrated by getting screwed over by items. I swear, the RNG in this game was terrible, and it felt so much nicer in Mario Kart 8 compared to this.
  13. Nov 20, 2017
    Just the main theme gives this game an automatic 10/10 and speaking of that the entire soundtrack is good, on top of that the motion controls work beautifully for an early Wii game sadly, the item distribution is complete $%&! so bad it knocks it down a point. (sorry)
  14. Nov 7, 2017
    Worst modern era Mario Kart game. Not the best controls out ther if playing on wii controllers, I would recommend Gamecube controller for better experience. MK7 improved in every way and MK8 just destroys it. But its still a good kart game.
  15. Oct 1, 2017
    Mario Kart Wii is my favorite game of all time. The driving is so smooth and fun, that I always would play with friends and online. The tracks are some of my favorite in the series. The character roster is easily the best in the series including, King Boo, Toadette, Diddy Kong, and of course Funky Kong! The vehicles are my favorite in the series. The customizable vehicles soundMario Kart Wii is my favorite game of all time. The driving is so smooth and fun, that I always would play with friends and online. The tracks are some of my favorite in the series. The character roster is easily the best in the series including, King Boo, Toadette, Diddy Kong, and of course Funky Kong! The vehicles are my favorite in the series. The customizable vehicles sound interesting at first because of the options, but especially in Mario Kart 8 many parts all function the same. Although the online play has been shut down for 3 years, people have made their own servers to play together. The community is still thriving and there is no doubt you won't be able to find at least 150 players online at a time. However, with all these positives why not a ten? Well, lap count glitches damper down some online matches because you cant race if someone gets done with a track in 30 seconds, and the fact that karts and outward drifting bikes aren't as good. But all in all this game earns a solid 9/10 with its shortcuts and its Funky Monkey Expand
  16. Aug 3, 2017
    Very nice job! This is my favorite Mario Kart game of all time. I love the music, courses and the variety of stuff this game has! Hope Mario Kart 9 is better than this... xD
  17. Jul 30, 2017
    Recuerdo hace años cuando mis padres me regalaron por sorpresa este juego junto al pack de accesorios del mismo.Me gusto bastante,aunque nunca he sido demasiado fan de Mario.Grandes horas de diversion y entretenimiento
  18. Jul 18, 2017
    Este es un juego obligatorio de la wii, y es muy bueno, pero sin duda si lo comparas con los otros juegos de la saga es uno de los peores. No tiene mucho que destacar, aunque el modo batalla es bastante bueno y el grand prix era muy dificil.
  19. Jul 5, 2017
    Mario Kart es esa franquicia que te hace arrepentir de comprar un play station o un xbox y desear tener la ninendo de turno, es que es imposible no querer jugar cada uno de sus titulos, no ofrece la experiencia realista de gran turismo o forza pero al final lo importante de un videojuego es que sea divertido ¿Verdad?.
    Mario Kart wii le dio un giro total a la saga y exploto al maximo la
    Mario Kart wii le dio un giro total a la saga y exploto al maximo la capacidad de la wii, siendo de los pocos titulos en hacerlo, la fisica del juego y su nuevo sistema de juego con las licencias y personajes, vehiculos y clases ocultas lo hacian un verdadero desafio, sin duda el mejor mario kart hasta la fecha y de los pocos que han logrado reinventar la serie
  20. Jul 3, 2017
    Mario Kart Wii is a super games and i like the mii possibility. This one of my favourites games. I recommend this games for all the mario fan and nintendo player
  21. Jun 19, 2017
    Mario Kart Wii: the broken game I actually like. Bikes were OP, and Funky Kong was spammed it wasn't a perfect game. But it's great tracks, good racers and kart/bike selection, and item distribution the good really outshines the bad.
  22. Jun 2, 2017
    Great for a wii game, not as great for a mario kart game.The tracks are very creative and the power ups are awesome as usual but overall Mario Kart 8 and Double Dash are better Mario Kart games.Don't let that back you away from buying this, Mario Kart Wii is the best racer for the Wii.If you have a Wii, go get this!
  23. Apr 22, 2017
    The BEST Mario Kart,In my opinion.The Graphics may not be as amazing as MK8,And it may not be the most creative like MKDD,But the Game is Ultra Fun.Seriously,I do not remember ever playing this game and being bored,it is just that addicting.And whit some Friends,It is the best experience.And the Battle Mode...OH,THE BATTLE MODE,It is soo good.Probably the best MK Battle Mode we ever got.IfThe BEST Mario Kart,In my opinion.The Graphics may not be as amazing as MK8,And it may not be the most creative like MKDD,But the Game is Ultra Fun.Seriously,I do not remember ever playing this game and being bored,it is just that addicting.And whit some Friends,It is the best experience.And the Battle Mode...OH,THE BATTLE MODE,It is soo good.Probably the best MK Battle Mode we ever got.If you want to play very fun racing game,And you can't wait for MK8 Deluxe,Play this.Because this is MARIO KART! Expand
  24. Apr 14, 2017
    8.9 - Very close to a 9, but had a few issues. The major problem was the fact that one could go from 1st to 12th (and vice-versa) in a matter of seconds all because of some stupid item. Besides this though a very solid and traditional Mario Kart game, with very cool tracks and karts.
  25. Apr 12, 2017
    Fun game to play with family and friends, has the best host of maps in a Mario Kart title, but it's pretty unbalanced. Bikes are way superior to karts and the online matches are just too brutally competitive for a casual game.
  26. Apr 6, 2017
    I never really warmed up to this game. I finished all the cups, but after that I never again felt the urge to play it again.
    It's a good game, but still the least of all the Mario Kart games in my opinion.
  27. Apr 2, 2017
    Mario Kart WII is a good game, but the main problem is the multiplayer. Daisy and Funky Kong are too overpowered. Everyone uses them, its simply unplayable.
  28. Mar 26, 2017
    The worst console Mario Kart game. Whether you're steering with motion controls or with a nunchuk, the controls are floaty and leave a lot to chance. There is NO co-op Grand Prix mode, something MK8 thankfully fixed, which is a huge problem. Mario Kart games are fun for multiplayer, but the most fun for me was always playing through the game with a friend and unlocking everything.

The

The biggest shame is how much there is to unlock. There's a ton of it! It's fantastic! And you have to unlock characters like Funky Kong by doing genuinely difficult things! MK8 and Smash 4 have gone to the opposite end of the unlocking spectrum and practically give you everything, which I really don't like. So it's a shame that there's so much cool stuff to unlock in such a crappy Mario Kart game!!
  29. Mar 13, 2017
    This game is my favorite entry in the Mario Kart franchise. The racing tracks are some of the best I have ever played, the music is awesome, the visuals are pretty neat, and the races are A TON of fun even in singleplayer. I know many people hate the fact that this game is a bit unbalanced item-wise, but for me, that just makes it even more fun to play, due to making races unpredictable.This game is my favorite entry in the Mario Kart franchise. The racing tracks are some of the best I have ever played, the music is awesome, the visuals are pretty neat, and the races are A TON of fun even in singleplayer. I know many people hate the fact that this game is a bit unbalanced item-wise, but for me, that just makes it even more fun to play, due to making races unpredictable. The motion controls are very nicely made, and the battle mode is the best. I just wish characters were a bit more decent and that the game had a Missions mode. Expand
  30. Mar 6, 2017
    One of my all time favorite Mario Kart games. This game was great for multiplayer and has all that Mario Kart goodness that keeps you coming back for more. Must buy game for the Wii.
  31. Jan 29, 2017
    I believe that Mario Kart Wii is the best game due to it introducing bikes, 12 racers, and three new awesome items. The three new awesome items are: the ground-shaking POW Block (which is powerful and awesome), the Giant Mushroom, and the Thunder Cloud, which is a very good addition to Mario Kart.
  32. Aug 1, 2016
    Wow this game is great but the game is flawed. The problems are the motion controls, most of the tracks are generic, not memorable, and not addicting enough as other Mario Kart games.
  33. Jul 24, 2016
    Mario Kart Wii takes what your typical car game has, but makes it bigger, better and funner than your typical car game. Mario knows how to take boring games and make them fun and he does it again in this amazing video game.
  34. Jul 16, 2016
    MKWII is the best game in the series, it has a crud ton of stuff that other games don't have like weelies, different kinds of tricks, and a lot of shotcuts and glitches to keep it fun!
  35. Jun 14, 2016
    This game is absolutely amazing and i enjoyed it a lot. The graphics for 2008 are really good and the tracks are colorful and creative. The thing that i didn't like about it is that this game is SO hard. The ranking is really unfair and to get 3 stars you don't only need to be 1st at all tracks, but you have to avoid items that can harm you, you should not fall even once in to a gap andThis game is absolutely amazing and i enjoyed it a lot. The graphics for 2008 are really good and the tracks are colorful and creative. The thing that i didn't like about it is that this game is SO hard. The ranking is really unfair and to get 3 stars you don't only need to be 1st at all tracks, but you have to avoid items that can harm you, you should not fall even once in to a gap and not bump into a wall. In addition the 150cc is extremly hard and the balance of the items if awful. For example i was ready to finish first and then suddenly thunder, blueshell and 3 red shells. That is just sick and punishing. But i can say that it is a really good game and i recommend it to anyone. Expand
  36. May 20, 2016
    This game is good . In this game bad graphics for 2008 , but this game is very funny . In this game is many normal Characters' Cars . In this game I like Luigi . Mario Kart Wii better than Mario Kart 7 , Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Kart 8 because Mario Kart Wii is Funniest game in Mario Kart Series and in Mario Kart Wii many different very beatiful trucks . 8/10 .
  37. May 12, 2016
    Divertido e bem completo. O jogo rende horas quase infinitas de diversão. Falta só um on line melhor. Mario Kart incrível e bem diversificado. O sistema de vacuo agrega bastante ao titulo.
  38. May 5, 2016
    Mario Kart Wii is a great game, and one that remains a brilliant multiplayer experience even eight years on. There are interesting dynamics throughout many of the courses, such as cows that stumble onto the track and meteors that hail down from volcanoes, and each one adds something unique. While the online has sadly been shut down, it continues to provide plenty of entertainment locallyMario Kart Wii is a great game, and one that remains a brilliant multiplayer experience even eight years on. There are interesting dynamics throughout many of the courses, such as cows that stumble onto the track and meteors that hail down from volcanoes, and each one adds something unique. While the online has sadly been shut down, it continues to provide plenty of entertainment locally between four friends. The balance between items is well done and even if you feel it isn't, there are always options to turn them off or increase them to "frantic". The battle mode is good in its own right, with solid arena courses are character options. This was a real stand out title for the Wii and still holds up today. Expand
  39. May 3, 2016
    The best Mario Kart game I've played that's in the series! A little disappointing how hard and how difficult it is to unlock the uncommon characters such as Dry Bowser, Funky Kong, and Mii Outfit B. The courses they came up with were so fresh and original. I also liked the courses picked from past Mario games, some can be a little bit boring.
  40. Apr 18, 2016
    the best game in the series but the TC pisses me off. im okay with everything else because all of it is fun. I really like this game and i wish you would play it. I only gave it a 9 out of 10 because of the TC.
  41. Apr 6, 2016
    Despite being all about luck, Mario Kart Wii once again lives up to its own franchise making the other race games on the Wii seem pointless to play. Stay away from them and play Mario Kart Wii if you have this game somewhere.
  42. Mar 20, 2016
    This game is a free eking masterpiece the graphics hold up and I like better than mario kart 8's and it also had the best tracks and battle mode arenas
  43. Mar 9, 2016
    I think that this is a good game. However I think it would be really nostalgia blind to give it a ten. I played it and I didn't enjoy it as much after the release of Mario Kart 8. There are some great tracks and I loved the battle mode. I played that mode so much. Battle mode is the reason why I come back to this game. Unfortunately online play has been discontinued so you wont be havingI think that this is a good game. However I think it would be really nostalgia blind to give it a ten. I played it and I didn't enjoy it as much after the release of Mario Kart 8. There are some great tracks and I loved the battle mode. I played that mode so much. Battle mode is the reason why I come back to this game. Unfortunately online play has been discontinued so you wont be having as much fun with battle mode as I did. However if you are a Mario Kart fan and you haven't you need to buy this. That's all I have to say. Expand
  44. Feb 20, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ai esta, o melhor jogo de corrida da 7 geração, esse jogo é extremamente divertido pra jogar com a família, amigos e até mesmo online. o jogo além de ter as pistas do próprio mario kart wii, tem pistas de outros jogos da série, o que traz uma enorme nostalgia. o modo online desse game é muito bom, dando pra jogar até 2 jogadores online no mesmo console. o modo batalha dele foi o melhor modo de batalha que eu já vi em um mario kart. esse mario kart também tem o meu personagem favorito, o King Boo. ótimo game. Expand
  45. Feb 5, 2016
    I know this game is a little older now and many don't play it as much as they once used to, but I still find myself time and time again wanting to play if someone offers. I have the game and it is still one of my favorites. It's very addicting and fun for all. Sure, it can be a little frustrating as a lot of it is based on luck and not so much skill, but no 1 game is exactly alike andI know this game is a little older now and many don't play it as much as they once used to, but I still find myself time and time again wanting to play if someone offers. I have the game and it is still one of my favorites. It's very addicting and fun for all. Sure, it can be a little frustrating as a lot of it is based on luck and not so much skill, but no 1 game is exactly alike and that's what makes it still so exciting. There are many maps to play at and you can even unlock more if you beat challenges, the graphics are good and it is fun when you use the Mario Kart wheel compared to just the normal Wii remote. I hope this is one of the games that will stick around and my kids can play someday. There's just something about the original Mario characters that gives you a good feeling inside. Expand
  46. Jan 6, 2016
    Mario Kart on the Wii is an absolutely fun game, and that is how it should be judged. With fun tracks, fun characters, fun power ups, it is a game to be played with fun people.
  47. Jan 5, 2016
    I have put a WHOLE lot of time into Mario Kart Wii, but it has some major problems that bring it back considerably. The track design is superb, the battle mode is frantic, the controls are fluid, and the multiplayer is as fun as it ever was before! However, the balancing between characters and vehicles is poorly done, as the bikes are much better than the cars. The online inter-phase wasI have put a WHOLE lot of time into Mario Kart Wii, but it has some major problems that bring it back considerably. The track design is superb, the battle mode is frantic, the controls are fluid, and the multiplayer is as fun as it ever was before! However, the balancing between characters and vehicles is poorly done, as the bikes are much better than the cars. The online inter-phase was pretty bad too, as you could only have 30 friends, there were an over-abundance of connection issues, and there were too many hackers. Even so, I had quite a bit of fun with the game, but it certainly isn't perfect. Expand
  48. Dec 3, 2015
    Mario Kart on the Wii is a great racing game for you and your friends and family to compete in. It's soooo much fun getting all the characters feels rewarding, also the online can be really competitive at times when you race people from around the world.
  49. Nov 21, 2015
    Still fun and probably the only thing I ever play on Wii anymore. This game is the best, I played it in college and no matter how many years pass I can still find solace throwing red turtle shells at that pink princess. I still cannot find a way to stop the rockets
  50. Nov 14, 2015
    Let me just say this word *CHILDHOOD* It never gets boring to pick up the wheel and race tracks are amazing online was fantastic some pepole say its all up to luck but thats becuse there karts or bikes were not fast enough play as funky kong on the areo glider youl never lose skill is required to win the haredest races theres only to things wrong whith the game vut im still giveing ten 1Let me just say this word *CHILDHOOD* It never gets boring to pick up the wheel and race tracks are amazing online was fantastic some pepole say its all up to luck but thats becuse there karts or bikes were not fast enough play as funky kong on the areo glider youl never lose skill is required to win the haredest races theres only to things wrong whith the game vut im still giveing ten 1 its destroys frendships 2THAT BLUE SHELLL Expand
  51. Nov 12, 2015
    jogo incrível, simplesmente o melhor jogo de corrida da 7 geração de consoles. o game tem tudo, pistas criativas, pistas que trás nostalgia, ótima trilha sonora, ótimo modo online, melhor modo de batalha que eu já vi em um mario kart. amei o jogo, MEUS PARABÉNS NINTENDO.
  52. Nov 8, 2015
    Good game, although vehicles are a complete letdown
    Graphics are also pretty disappointing, although retro courses and good online make up for some flaws.
  53. Oct 29, 2015
    Mario Kart Wii, my favourite Mario Kart game is one of the Best Selling Games on the Wii. It is really fun and great. The graphics look amazing. The tracks are great in design. The Character Selection is the Best in the Series IMO. The Motion Controls are great. The Battle Mode is awesome. Online is jacked up but it doesn't count towards my final score (Mainly because there were SO MANYMario Kart Wii, my favourite Mario Kart game is one of the Best Selling Games on the Wii. It is really fun and great. The graphics look amazing. The tracks are great in design. The Character Selection is the Best in the Series IMO. The Motion Controls are great. The Battle Mode is awesome. Online is jacked up but it doesn't count towards my final score (Mainly because there were SO MANY HACKERS!) I had this game since around 2008, and since then, I have played a tremendous amount of it, and I still play it today. Mario Kart Wii is a very awesome game and if you hate it, you're BEYOND silly as JB. Expand
  54. Oct 14, 2015
    Mario Karts is one of my favourite games. It is a game you can play with your family or friends and race against them. The graphics used in the game are very good and you can choose the character you want and choose the vehicle your character would drive. You can buy steering wheels and put the remote in it and it makes it more realistic.
    There are different levels you can play in this
    There are different levels you can play in this game with different race tracks, some harder than others. There are different sound affects for each of the characters you use and there are different sounds made during the race. You can play up to four characters and play in teams or against each other.
    I recommend this game to all people of any age because it is a family game and a lot of fun.
  55. Aug 26, 2015
    This is one of the best Mario Karts ever! The graphics are awesome, the music is addictive, the tracks are some of the best ever made, and the characters and karts are really good. I love this game! Every track is exciting and fun and just plain awesome! Multiplayer makes the expierience even better! This game is so fun, alone or with family and friends! Well, this shouldn't be consideredThis is one of the best Mario Karts ever! The graphics are awesome, the music is addictive, the tracks are some of the best ever made, and the characters and karts are really good. I love this game! Every track is exciting and fun and just plain awesome! Multiplayer makes the expierience even better! This game is so fun, alone or with family and friends! Well, this shouldn't be considered a game, this is a journey. A journey through complete awesomeness! Mario Kart will never cease to amaze! Mario Kart Wii is an absolute blast! Expand
  56. Aug 24, 2015
    Mario Kart is a easy but enjoyable game to play with yourself, friends or family. You also won't get bored easily and you could play it for a long time.
  57. Aug 19, 2015
    Mario Kart wii is truly an amazing game . Good selection of characters, Great tracks, good graphics, Many karts and bikes to choose from. One of the best games on the wii.
  58. Aug 9, 2015
    Ok, let me say something, this game (if im not wrong) its the best Mario Kart title ever created, this title would be hard to beat in my opinion, this game had the most enjoyable Wi-Fi Connection servers and the items made this game much enjoyable, it had great twists on the races, making you to lose or to win depending of the circumstances and the AI acted like a real player...

But,

But, why a 9 then?. Actually, this game was ruined by hackers that played on the Wi-Fi Connection game mode, one example of what im saying is that the hacker could win the race without completing the 3 laps, also, they could change their points to make you lose even 500 points. In time trials, some completed the course in less than 1 second (something that is already impossible) and the effort that you put in the time trials was in vain, some people didn't hacked the game, but they achieved a record of 30 seconds in a course, how?. Its simple, the game had to much glitches that helped that players to achieve their record and the glitches were in many tracks...

But, what i said before doesn't ruin Mario Kart Wii totally to rate it like a 0 or something like that... For me, the best game of the Wii ever
  59. May 13, 2015
    This game is SO AMAZING!! Best Mario Kart game of all time so far. The graphics are great for Wii. The controls are perfect. The character selection is the best in the series. There are lots of awesome tracks. You can even race as a mii. Mario Kart Wii is one of the best Wii games ever and I HIGHLY recommend it.
  60. Apr 24, 2015
    Mario kart Wii as Mario kart 8 is just fun to play. this is my favorite Wii Mario game next to about maybe 2 other games I say rent to buy this game. .
  61. sdc
    Apr 4, 2015
    Best... racing game.... EVER! Great graphics, tight controls, cool levels, and some salty gaming makes this a must have for players of all sorts, whether it be having fun in the single player campaigns, or getting drunk with your friends.
  62. Feb 23, 2015
    The first ever Mario Kart game I played and it was a blast playing it. Controls are simple and are easy to use, ( I use the nunchuck). I wish there was delay or something after you get hit with a shell because getting hit with shell after shell with no control is really frustrating.
  63. Feb 12, 2015
    I enjoyed this game a lot, I still play it today to get more unlockables. I only have a few karts, a few bikes, Rosalina and Dry Bowser to get and then I'm done. :)
  64. Jan 10, 2015
    Mario Kart Wii is an absolute blast to play complete with fantastic new courses, the best cast of characters in the series, and superb multiplayer. The amount of controllers available to use in the game is astounding and the battle mode is as hectic and fun as ever! This is perhaps one of the most underrated games in the Mario Kart series and it's hard to see why.

Though the online

Though the online isn't functional at the time of this review, it was still fun while it lasted and I never had any lag or internet connection problems which is a rarity in most of the games I play. One of the downsides in the game is how much luck plays into your races. When racing on 150cc, you will be constantly bombarded by Blue Shells, POW Blocks, and the like. It can be really frustrating and may ruin the experience for some.

The game more than makes up for this in the quality of its courses. While some of the retro picks are questionable, the new courses are simply amazing. Standouts include Maple Treeway, Koopa Cape, Coconut Mall, DK Summit, Dry Dry Ruins, and Rainbow Road. The latter is an extremely tricky course and can be difficult to master.

Overall, Mario Kart Wii is an enjoyable experience with fantastic courses, multiplayer, and reparability but the items can be a bit too harsh and luck-oriented. Still, in my opinion, the game is better than its successor Mario Kart 7 and provides a fun family-friendly experience.
  65. Jan 10, 2015
    It appears that most of the games I own on my Wii have gotten a bit boring, but Mario Kart Wii, even after 6 years, still has not. The system that controls items is wonderful, giving more powerful items to those at the back but less powerful items to those at the front, making sure that the players at the back still have a chance. Races are fast, even though they don't feel very fast, someIt appears that most of the games I own on my Wii have gotten a bit boring, but Mario Kart Wii, even after 6 years, still has not. The system that controls items is wonderful, giving more powerful items to those at the back but less powerful items to those at the front, making sure that the players at the back still have a chance. Races are fast, even though they don't feel very fast, some of those 32 tracks do really put you on the edge with those obstacles. With 16 of those tracks from older Mario Kart releases you can see what the game was like previously, but there are still 16 new tracks that are magnificent. There's so much to unlock in this game that it takes, well, a very long time to unlock everything. 6 years and still there's one more character and a few more vehicles I have to unlock. Well designed, and fun for everyone. Expand
  66. Dec 13, 2014
    I played so much i think that's the reason my wii couldn't read disk. I had really good times playing this game with my friend online and anyone who had a wii had it.
  67. Oct 16, 2014
    Only reason that I do not give a full 10 for this is because of some super appealing items.Let me explain better:A Whole lot of times your in 1st position, and then you get hit 3 or 4 times and fall all the way to last place.Other then that, this game is fine.
  68. Sep 11, 2014
    This is my least favorite Mario Kart game. I like parts of it, but those parts are scattered all over the place and don't really add up to my experience enough to make this a positive review. I liked the graphics, and the tracks had amazing design for the most part.
    The motion controls felt difficult to adapt to, they were a bit too unpolished for me to enjoy. I won't way this with 100 % certainty, though, since it could be that the Wiimote fell out of sync, but even when recently synced it still felt kind of unresponsive. The wii wheel was placed in a dark corner never to be used again (that's not really true, I tried it out some more times asking myself "was it really that bad?", but each time it returned to that dark corner of the room). Playing with the Gamecube-controller worked fine, however. A bit slippery, but drifting nullified the slipperiness.
    I don't get why they went back to one-character-per-kart. Double-Dash felt fun and fresh in that sense, you could combine characters that gave you a tactical advantage. Replacing this feature with bikes felt like a weird choice to me, but I can also understand that the developers would want to experiment and bring in new features. It would have been fun to have as an option though.
    I think my major problem with it was the items. They feel unbalanced and since you don't recover fast you can get whacked by combos and go from a big lead to last place in mere seconds. It isn't skill-based either, just random. It's frustrating to say the least. If this was single player only, I'd give it a 2/10.
    However, there is multiplayer, which is this game's redeeming quality. While I still prefer Double-Dash's multiplayer options of either cooperating (on the same cart, mind you) or competing with your friends and play entire cups together, Wii didn't disappoint. I had some fun time with this game (as well as times of face-palming), but when a friend suggests a go of Mario Kart, this is not the version we turn to firsthand.
  69. Sep 11, 2014
    An incredible fun racing game. It is really good in single player mode but with friends in multiplayer mode it is just awesome. There are some points which prevent a 10/10. Overall it is a bit to easy and in multiplayer mode the stats for all carts / bikes were not shown (Lead to some awful combinations). Overall a worthy Mario kart game. If you played one of the previous game you willAn incredible fun racing game. It is really good in single player mode but with friends in multiplayer mode it is just awesome. There are some points which prevent a 10/10. Overall it is a bit to easy and in multiplayer mode the stats for all carts / bikes were not shown (Lead to some awful combinations). Overall a worthy Mario kart game. If you played one of the previous game you will enjoy it except for the blue shell ;-). Expand
  70. Aug 19, 2014
    Really fun multiplayer game....of course, it's Mario Kart, that's sort of expected. However, although I love Mario Kart (despite the fact I can't drive for garbage) I do have some problems with it that are minor but they are annoyances. For example, the computers get TONS of "POW"s, blue shells, and are surprisingly accurate with green shells. Their AI is annoying especially when racing onReally fun multiplayer game....of course, it's Mario Kart, that's sort of expected. However, although I love Mario Kart (despite the fact I can't drive for garbage) I do have some problems with it that are minor but they are annoyances. For example, the computers get TONS of "POW"s, blue shells, and are surprisingly accurate with green shells. Their AI is annoying especially when racing on teams because they still push each other and the human player ends up dragging the rest of the computer team. Banana peels and boxes are not nearly as effective as they used to be and there's this new lightning cloud thing that should not be there at all as it's not helpful for the player, it's just devastating...

Still, these are all minor things. Most of the tracks are good. The controls are good, music is what I expect in a Mario Kart... it's all there and it's still fun. I'd just recommend trying to get more human players so there are less stupid computers at least when you play team racing. Good game, lots of fun.
  71. Jul 9, 2014
    Yes, this is a fantastic game. BUT, also a very rigged game at the same time. I can't help but notice that all the computer characters are stronger than my own player. Example: if they barley hit me from behind I seem to fling off the track and loose control, if I were to hit a computer player side on hard they would barley move!!! I do love this game but it does need a lot of improvements :)
  72. Jul 7, 2014
    This game is fun, but when compared to the other console Mario Kart games, it feels dumbed down and annoying. The motion controls are horrific, but if you just want some simple, chaotic Mario Kart then you can't really go wrong.
  73. Jul 5, 2014
    This is a pretty good game. I like the diversity of the character roster. However, things were too hard to unlock, and should be easier. The items are imbalanced, once I got hit by all three red shells from triple reds. The multiplayer was fun, but Nintendo had to DISCONTINUE IT. The battle mode was good, I just wish you could do a vehicle besides the standard kart and bike. What made meThis is a pretty good game. I like the diversity of the character roster. However, things were too hard to unlock, and should be easier. The items are imbalanced, once I got hit by all three red shells from triple reds. The multiplayer was fun, but Nintendo had to DISCONTINUE IT. The battle mode was good, I just wish you could do a vehicle besides the standard kart and bike. What made me come back though, was the vs. The team vs was great, I'm mad that they didn't bring the team vs into mk7 and mk8. The real donwside is the lack of vehicle parts. Customization was introduced in mk7 and brought into mk8, but you have to use just a body in mario kart wii. It didn't feel very personal, and the vehicles felt underpowered. I also didlike how vechicles are limited to weight, and not for all characters. The biggest downside is that this game has no creative element. It's pretty straightforward, there's no anti-gravity, underwater racing, hang gliding, etc, because of this the tracks felt boring. Expand
  74. Jul 1, 2014
    Great tracks, many characters, good graphics and sound, very large replay value, new fun items, suitable for all skill levels, fun battle mode, offline and online multiplayer - definitely one of the best Wii games of all times.
  75. Jun 30, 2014
    Tons of tracks, karts and characters and a hell of a lot of fun both in multiplayer (although the single-player is fun too for a while). The battle mode was a let-down however when compared to previous Mario Karts.
  76. Jun 5, 2014
    A wonderful installment of the Mario Kart games. It is SO much fun being able to turn an actual steering wheel that isn't plugged in or on a huge stand. I continued playing this game right up until Mario Kart 8 came out, not even a week ago. It's got so many fun things to unlock, and it never, ever gets old.
  77. Apr 3, 2014
    12 players in a race is crazy, especially in 1P mode, considering the lowest placed placed characters get more aggressive items like thunder and blue shells, sometimes the crazy goes race since they didn't fine tune this feature here, many times you'll find yourself about to cross the finish line and someone uses a thunder, you get 2 blue shells, and someone else uses a thunder.
    it just
    it just doesn't work, at least not without some much needed adjusting, because it still follows the numbering from previous games ( places 5 and under get stars, blue shells, bullet bill, thunder, etc ) so there's at least 6 people under 5th place and it becomes really unfair really fast.
    I'd love to give this a higher grade especially considering how it improved from double dash, but this really keeps me from it, because it makes the game way too frustrating
  78. Apr 1, 2014
    Mario Kart Wii is fun and exciting and another Wii game that is essential to buy. It has some really cool characters to play as like in other Mario Karts and the same can be said for the race tracks; my favorite tracks were "Toad's Factory", "DK Summit", "Koopa Cape", "Maple Treeway" and "Bowser's Castle". New to this game is the ability to play with the Wii Remote in the style of anMario Kart Wii is fun and exciting and another Wii game that is essential to buy. It has some really cool characters to play as like in other Mario Karts and the same can be said for the race tracks; my favorite tracks were "Toad's Factory", "DK Summit", "Koopa Cape", "Maple Treeway" and "Bowser's Castle". New to this game is the ability to play with the Wii Remote in the style of an actual car wheel with it's motion controls; I know some people didn't like that but I liked playing it that way and that was the way I used it the most. There are also other driving styles you could do like the Wii Remote with the Nunchuk, a GameCube controller and a Wii Classic Controller (I will warn you, I played the game with a Classic Controller, and the controls were actually not that great.) The Wi-Fi was also cool, I heard that some people didn't like it because they may have ran into some hackers, but I didn't and it was fairly enjoyable. Overall I really like Mario Kart Wii, I probably think that is one of the better Mario Kart games despite what some people say (some people really hate this game and I don't get that) and I would really recommend it. I still need to get Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart 7, those looks fun! I also look forward to getting Mario Kart 8 when that comes out and I get a Wii U; but for now Mario Kart Wii will tide me over. Expand
  79. Mar 15, 2014
    This is not like the 1997 Nintendo 64 game. It is more detailed than the other game. I actually played the other drinking and having competitions with friends, and I can't do this with the new game. It has more obstacles and things that pop out at you and it's distracting. lol....but, overall it is a great game whether it is 1997 or 2014. Thanks for the good times
  80. Feb 27, 2014
    Tons of fun and I have played it for years. Its great to play by yourself and with your friends with great gameplay and amount of skill this has kept Mario Kart's amazing reputation going. This time with great working Wi-Fi capabilities, smooth online gameplay and brilliant motion controls. My only problem is that it gets repetitive and after a while it can get rage inducing. But still youTons of fun and I have played it for years. Its great to play by yourself and with your friends with great gameplay and amount of skill this has kept Mario Kart's amazing reputation going. This time with great working Wi-Fi capabilities, smooth online gameplay and brilliant motion controls. My only problem is that it gets repetitive and after a while it can get rage inducing. But still you can't get over 4 player split screen Mario Kart with new and all your favorite old stages. Expand
  81. Feb 3, 2014
    Mario Kart Wii is one of best wii games to date
    the first multplayer online mario kart game that i have played
    as well customize karts and bike as well
  82. Feb 1, 2014
    Mario Kart Wii is a Kart Racer game and is the best Mario Kart game. There's a lot of character and tracks to unlock. Half of the tracks is remakes of past Mario Kart games and other are originals. The music good. Character rosters is good, well expect the baby characters. You could eventually unlock your mii. Play online is very fun. But once I unlock everything the game slows down. ButMario Kart Wii is a Kart Racer game and is the best Mario Kart game. There's a lot of character and tracks to unlock. Half of the tracks is remakes of past Mario Kart games and other are originals. The music good. Character rosters is good, well expect the baby characters. You could eventually unlock your mii. Play online is very fun. But once I unlock everything the game slows down. But that's what online for. Well there's aren't a lot to be said about Mario Kart. Is straight forward. Get it if you have a Wii. It will worth it. Expand
  83. Jan 9, 2014
    the only reason i rated this a nine, is because the computers above 50-CC are frustratingly hard to pass up. could you make it any harder? otherwise, this game rocks the world! it was the second Mario kart game to feature customizable karts and choices, and the 1st in the series to feature bikes. what can't you love about this game? well, probably the unstable FPS playing 2P on-line andthe only reason i rated this a nine, is because the computers above 50-CC are frustratingly hard to pass up. could you make it any harder? otherwise, this game rocks the world! it was the second Mario kart game to feature customizable karts and choices, and the 1st in the series to feature bikes. what can't you love about this game? well, probably the unstable FPS playing 2P on-line and more than 2 players offline. at that, I'm rating this an 8. other than that, there really isn't much to hate about this game. it offered a lot of depth throughout! racing games aren't about a story (F-Zero GX/AX excluded). and again, it is the first game to have 12 players total, computer, or on-line. Expand
  84. Jan 6, 2014
    Addicting and fun. Super frustrating, but in a good way. I would often spend hours and hours playing this game. Best racing game out there, definitely.
  85. Dec 28, 2013
    Those blue shells...
    Those blue shells...
    Mario Kart Wii is a fun game that uses the Wii's motion control well to a certain extent. The race tracks are varied and colorful and offer plenty of death-defying jumps and game-changing turns. But, beneath the vibrant environments that Mario Kart has to offer, the experience as a whole is both short and shallow. Each track loses its spark after a race or two and there is just no reason to keep playing the campaign unless you are a completionist who needs to have every trophy in his possession. There is no clear advantage or disadvantage to any one racer, feeling like a wasted opportunity. In addition, no customization or skill points for one's Miis is a considerable letdown. But Mario Kart's worst offense is its perpetual frustration in regards to enemy AI. This game is one of those few titles that a player can deem "cruelly unfair." Once you go deeper into the game, the competitions no longer depend on skill or driving ability but how lucky you are in regards to the number of blue shells blowing up in your face. The last race I played before discarding Mario Kart for a long time had me in first place mere feet from the finish line. A string of three shells fired at me in rapid succession dropped me from a first place victory to a 10th place embarrassment, and serves as a lasting reminder of my experience with the game. Mario Kart Wii is hit or miss, but is guaranteed to frustrate even the most skilled of drivers. There are genuinely enjoyable co-op moments and a few incredible tracks, but the difficulty spike is just too infuriating to overcome.

Follow me on twitter. @cbeers2513
  86. Dec 8, 2013
    Greatest Mario Kart Game In My Opinion! Great Gameplay and With the new feature of bikes makes it 100 TIMES BETTER then all other mario karts COMBINED! To Me The Controls Rock, I Love How You Get The Feature Of Using Any Controller You Like! My Favorite Part is Nintendo Wifi, You Can Race with People around The Globe To Get 1st Place In This Exiting Game! If Your a Mario Fan, You ShouldGreatest Mario Kart Game In My Opinion! Great Gameplay and With the new feature of bikes makes it 100 TIMES BETTER then all other mario karts COMBINED! To Me The Controls Rock, I Love How You Get The Feature Of Using Any Controller You Like! My Favorite Part is Nintendo Wifi, You Can Race with People around The Globe To Get 1st Place In This Exiting Game! If Your a Mario Fan, You Should Get This Game.... No You HAVE TO get this Game!

Rating 10/10

~ KyleCritic
  87. Nov 28, 2013
    Three words: It's about time. Sorry if it offends anyone, but I didn't like Mario Kart DS. It was too clunky. But then this game took it all back to the way it used to be. The courses are great, the karts are unique, and the graphics are AMAZING. Seriously, once you see your favorite characters on that screen, you never look at them the same way again. The trick element was godly. IThree words: It's about time. Sorry if it offends anyone, but I didn't like Mario Kart DS. It was too clunky. But then this game took it all back to the way it used to be. The courses are great, the karts are unique, and the graphics are AMAZING. Seriously, once you see your favorite characters on that screen, you never look at them the same way again. The trick element was godly. I find myself replaying tracks just to see what kind of tricks I could do. Once I even did a double corkscrew frontflp. I paused the screen in midair just to look at it. Anyway, back to the review. There are a lot of luck based instances, including the murderous Spiny Shell, but that doesn't ruin the game by any means. It's a package of racing that will keep you coming back for years to come. Simply sublime. 10/10 Expand
  88. Nov 26, 2013
    THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER Yah AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YEP
  89. Nov 22, 2013
    Mario Kart Wii is a little better than average at a racing game. The courses are amazing with good music! But after you unlock everything,(Rosalina the game gets kinda boring, making my score an 8 for this game. Other great games for the Wii however, include Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Party 9 (Mario Party 8 doesn't have many good minigames), Mario SportsMario Kart Wii is a little better than average at a racing game. The courses are amazing with good music! But after you unlock everything,(Rosalina the game gets kinda boring, making my score an 8 for this game. Other great games for the Wii however, include Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Party 9 (Mario Party 8 doesn't have many good minigames), Mario Sports Mix, and Mario Power Tennis. Expand
  90. Nov 22, 2013
    Nobody are bigger fans of Nintendo Game Legends and five years ago when this came out it was a dream come true. I live every thing about his game the graphics, the characters and the entertainment this game is great.
  91. Nov 7, 2013
    What to say....I love this game...This game is absolutely perfect...I grew up around Mario Kart around the Gamecube decade of it and started off from the SNES version up to the 3DS. Super fun gameplay and awesome characters. The controls are...well kinda easy. The items...woo...the items are sure kinda annoying...but fun...the only reason why I gave this a 10 is because of the fun hacks,What to say....I love this game...This game is absolutely perfect...I grew up around Mario Kart around the Gamecube decade of it and started off from the SNES version up to the 3DS. Super fun gameplay and awesome characters. The controls are...well kinda easy. The items...woo...the items are sure kinda annoying...but fun...the only reason why I gave this a 10 is because of the fun hacks, texture hacks, character hacks, item hacks, course hacks, cup hacks, and other kinds of hacks...but yeah, this game is fun. Expand
  92. Oct 23, 2013
    Without a doubt my favorite Mario Kart game just beating Double Dash, The music is great, the tracks are great and the items are great with the exception of the lightning cloud.
  93. Oct 18, 2013
    Mario kart wii is another installment in the mariokart series This entry is a mixed game The downsides are that this game it's a luck game the CPU are cheap and skill no longer matters it's skill which it's a terrible thing The items/weapons are overused in a cheating way and this game just has unbalanced difficulty The good aspect is that the online is great and the controls are aMario kart wii is another installment in the mariokart series This entry is a mixed game The downsides are that this game it's a luck game the CPU are cheap and skill no longer matters it's skill which it's a terrible thing The items/weapons are overused in a cheating way and this game just has unbalanced difficulty The good aspect is that the online is great and the controls are a great way to play this game Expand
  94. Sep 2, 2013
    Mario kart Wii is excellent. Believe me when i say that i have no problems with this game. Multiplayer was perfect, the online mode was even better, the battles are amazing and the VS Races can make you play for hours!
  95. Aug 29, 2013
    Mario Kart Wii isn't the best Mario Kart game, but it sure is close. The wii is the perfect console to have a racing game due to the motion controls and Mario KArt Wii takes full advantage of it. Due to the layout of the wii remote, the controls feel perfect. Granted, you can find more immersive racers out there, but the motion controls due make Mario Kart very immersive. There areMario Kart Wii isn't the best Mario Kart game, but it sure is close. The wii is the perfect console to have a racing game due to the motion controls and Mario KArt Wii takes full advantage of it. Due to the layout of the wii remote, the controls feel perfect. Granted, you can find more immersive racers out there, but the motion controls due make Mario Kart very immersive. There are more characters in this Mario Kart game then any preceding Mario Kart, in fact it's almost overwhelming. There are more ways to unlock characters now besides winning the grand prix, such as time trials. The courses are some of the best in the series. Highlights include Koopa Cape, Moonview Highway, and one of the best iterations of Rainbow Road. Battle mode is back and is pretty fun. Online play has been improved upon since Mario Kart DS. WIth all this stuff in the game, it's a shock that nearly all of it is flawless. The exception to this is 150cc races. In the 150cc races, the AI cheats big time. The AI will zoom ahead at random points at an absurd speed. This can get ver frustrating. Another problem is the change in local multiplayer. In the last console Mario Kart, Double Dash during local multiplayer the only characters on the course were the players. In Mario Kart Wii however, computers will join in on the races making the local multiplayer less fun. Overall, Mario Kart Wii may not be the best, but it is fun nonetheless. Expand
  96. Aug 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Man, this game is a total package! Over 20 playable Mario characters, over 30 tracks, over 15 karts and bikes! The princesses got a athletic outfit, when they're using bikes! But the best character addition is Rosalina. We finally got a great playable character besides all of these stupid Mario enemies! The only thing that sucks is the team V.S. mode because the item rules are pretty unbalanced. But overall, MKW is the best Mario spin-off EVER! Expand
  97. Aug 13, 2013
    This game is and many other Nintendo games are reasons the Wii is a great console. This game has great multiplayer, single players karts and motor bikes and many ways to have fun. This game has addcting gameplay while sometimes frustrating, at least to be the frustration of getting hit by a blue shell only adds to the incentive to keep playing. Because you wanna get your damn revenge onThis game is and many other Nintendo games are reasons the Wii is a great console. This game has great multiplayer, single players karts and motor bikes and many ways to have fun. This game has addcting gameplay while sometimes frustrating, at least to be the frustration of getting hit by a blue shell only adds to the incentive to keep playing. Because you wanna get your damn revenge on the noob who hit you. (which is probably me cause I get hit by f'ing everything) Expand
  98. Aug 8, 2013
    Good selection of characters and courses, but I simply can't appreciate it. It's unsatisfying and you don't get that feeling of accomplishment that you usually do when you've completed a course. Needs more unlockables.
  99. Aug 6, 2013
    A very solid entry in the Mario Kart franchise! There are many amazing new tracks to drive on, and a lot of great remade tracks as well. and this title introduces bike races which adds more variety.

The downside of this title is that the items are more unbalanced than ever before. The obnoxiousness ever so high, especially with the menacing blue shell which seems to wait till you're close to the finish line. In some cases you will be hit with blue shells 4 times in one race! But that's Mario Kart for ya!

There are a lot of OP elements in Mario Kart Wii, such as certain characters on the ninja-styled mach bikes, which seems to be everyones' go-to setup in multiplayer, but that does not break the game.

The online experience is great while the online lobbies and setup are annoying, but once in a race it's fun to race real people. Be ready for some aggravation, this Mario Kart will have you cheering one moment nad throwing your controller the next!
  100. Aug 1, 2013
    What a disappointment. The latest mario kart should be a 8 or even a 9, but instead it's an example of how one problem can ruin everything. It's a shame because Mario Kart Wii's control system is flawless- the wiimote is the wheel. This is the best addition to the mario kart series to date. Also it contains online, which is another good addition, albeit not as good as it would be on xboxWhat a disappointment. The latest mario kart should be a 8 or even a 9, but instead it's an example of how one problem can ruin everything. It's a shame because Mario Kart Wii's control system is flawless- the wiimote is the wheel. This is the best addition to the mario kart series to date. Also it contains online, which is another good addition, albeit not as good as it would be on xbox 360 or ps3. All these additions combine to make a very enjoyable new mario kart game. Or should I say they would, if not for the fact you may as well be playing a board game. The amount of items being chucked about and madness happening is enough to put off all but the most casual gamers. Once I was first, just about to finish a gruelling 150cc race, then I got hit by a spiny shell. Now this is infamous in mario kart games, but previously, if you had enough of a lead, you could easily still make it first. Bu tin mario kart wii, when this happens, it is immediately followed by a red shell, and, before you can recover, a green shell. Then a banana lands on your head, then a bob-omb blows you up before you can react, and finally, to finish things off, Bowser barges your still recovering kart off the course. By that time, everyone except you has reached the end, and you are 12th. Not your fault. But tough luck- cos that's all it is: luck. But it's made yet worse in the ferocious rubber-banding. I repeat that it's a real goddamned shame because Mario Kart Wii features excellent use of the wiimote with the wii wheel accessory, and has awesome multiplayer and online options. Which brings me to higlight those. Multiplayer is great. This is partly because one thing that contributes to the unfairness of single-player is the ferocious rubber-banding. But with it gonr in multiplayer, it's a blast. The problem is you have to play through the courses in grand prix to unlock them in multi-player, so you'll need to endure those single-player torture sessions to unlock the fun in this game. A good feature is time trials- where you race on your own against 'ghosts', trying to achieve the high score in that track. This is a great feature as it removes both the rubber banding AND the inclusion of complete chance. Unfortunately, just like in the multi-player, you must win the courses in grand prix to unlock them in time trials. The graphics in Mario Kart Wii, though nothing astounding, are good. Additionally to the main game, there are also balloon battle modes, but they suffer from the same problem that the rest of the game has, unless played multiplayer. But the various soundtracks are lacklustre and the voices of the characters are enough to drive a person crazy. I'm disappointed to have to rate this game a six, but I felt that any initial enjoyment gave way to frustration. Sometimes a wii remote is just not enough. Expand
  101. Jan 25, 2013
    This is definitely the pinnacle of the Mario Kart series and the best game for Wii, thanks to the highly satisfying online mode which CAN provide countless hours of replay value. HOWEVER, this enjoyment is hampered considerably due to the ever increasing amount of cheaters using hacked consoles to give themselves constant invincibility, infinite blue shells and other unfair advantages.This is definitely the pinnacle of the Mario Kart series and the best game for Wii, thanks to the highly satisfying online mode which CAN provide countless hours of replay value. HOWEVER, this enjoyment is hampered considerably due to the ever increasing amount of cheaters using hacked consoles to give themselves constant invincibility, infinite blue shells and other unfair advantages. For every 10 games played online, I would estimate you will encounter at LEAST 3 or 4 games with such cheaters. This was not a frequent occurrence when the game was initially released, but over time, and with Nintendo's proven unwillingness to address the issue, it has become a common annoyance which ruins the experience.

Aside from the online play, the addition of motorbikes is the most visible addition to the series, and have become quite popular since, more often than not, they are faster than the karts the game is named for. Regardless, the choice between the two vehicle types adds nice variety and good challenge for the underdogs using the classic go karts.

Lastly I should mention that while there are about 20 tracks, several of these are from previous games in the series making things seem not so original. A couple extra new courses would have gone a long way to keep things from getting stale over time.

Apart from these issues, the game offers an exciting racing experience which everyone can enjoy. The question however is "for how long?"

#2 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#5 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Nintendo Power
    With more features, modes and multiplayer options than ever before, fans should be revved up to get behind the wheel. [May 2008, p.86]
  2. Edge Magazine
    Having sacrificed racing integrity in "Double Dash" to side with social silliness, Nintendo has turned 180 degrees into an awkward halfway house. [May 2008, p.86]
  3. Then there is the Wii Wheel peripheral itself, which if you did not already know is just a plastic housing for the Wiimote. I have to admit though it is a well made bit of plastic, and is not only smarter looking than the uninspired Wii Zapper, but also more ergonomic to hold. Unexpectedly it is very easy to use.