• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 6, 2007
7.7

1. LuckyP.
    Jan 30, 2008
    Great game, very funny!!!!
  2. AlexR.
    Jul 24, 2008
    I personally really enjoy this game. C'mon what game outside Brawl do you see Sonic and Mario, not to meantion almost every recognizeable character from each party, competing against each other? Sure a few events can be difficult, but NO ONE ever said that the Olympics were easy! So why should this, being the closest most of us are ever going to be competing in the Olympics, be I personally really enjoy this game. C'mon what game outside Brawl do you see Sonic and Mario, not to meantion almost every recognizeable character from each party, competing against each other? Sure a few events can be difficult, but NO ONE ever said that the Olympics were easy! So why should this, being the closest most of us are ever going to be competing in the Olympics, be retarded down to simple platformer button pressing? In my oppinion, even if it involves than breaking a sweat on a few of them which to me is fine, I love all of the events even if the computer beats me!! So to sum it up- PROS: sixteen total playable characters + Mii's, events are great fun, great party game, gives some intersting/good education on the Olympics in the past and today some Wii titles where you can press random buttons or do random actions to win- in M&S you actually have to try to win at most events. CONS: Some events can be difficult at times (hey the real Olympics aren't easy either), the Wifi feature is only to update records on events (I was kind of hoping to actually face against people online). You have to play though random minigames to acess the Olympic trivia. Expand
  3. KyleH.
    Nov 21, 2007
    This game is world class, many people seem to think its poor but thats probably by those people who can't sit and have fun playing games with others. This game is a fab party game, definatly up there with Mario Party.
  4. LukeB.
    Jan 2, 2008
    I rated this game a 10 because it is super fun. It is one of my all-time favorite video games. My favorite is the javilin throw. I have the world record in that one!
  5. DarrenS.
    Jan 25, 2008
    You've got to be kidding me with some of these people slagging it off - obviously they have no sense of fun or sense of humour. The best thing that you can do is go and get yourself a copy of this and play away. Don't cry about one or two games being difficult to follow - just play, laugh and cry as your arms get soooo tired.
  6. FilazaferX
    Jan 3, 2008
    Simply put, this is the best olympic game ever made. I just don't understand why it got so many poor reviews. I have always loved this type of game and this one takes it to a whole new level. The controls are creative and change for every event. It works great. It is the only game I have rented first and then bought. If they ever bring this out with online play it would be a huge Simply put, this is the best olympic game ever made. I just don't understand why it got so many poor reviews. I have always loved this type of game and this one takes it to a whole new level. The controls are creative and change for every event. It works great. It is the only game I have rented first and then bought. If they ever bring this out with online play it would be a huge hit. That is the only thing it is lacking. Personally I love it and I enjoy competing in every single event. I hope they make a winter olympic version soon. Expand
  7. Bor
    Apr 5, 2008
    The Best Game!!!
  8. KeithP
    Mar 30, 2009
    I like Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. It's a really fun game. I play it with my sister all the time. I knew they were going to create a game with both Mario and Sonic in it. I'm a fan of both Mario and Sonic. I would definitely recommend it.
  9. NikkiD.
    Nov 20, 2007
    This game is fantastic to play with mates!! Highly addictive and highly competitiv, use your remote and nunchuck to battle it out through loads of different olympic syle events such as 100m dash swimming, high jump, long jump and gymnastics! A must for all those competitive players!!
  10. BobbyB.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Great "Track & Fields like" game! I don't get why websites' reviews give such a low score to this game... I fully agree with the users' reviews from metacritic. The records managment is really good and it's nice to compete with your friends to get the highest records... Afterwards, go online and compare yourself with the worldwide results ! ;o) The only flaw I found in Great "Track & Fields like" game! I don't get why websites' reviews give such a low score to this game... I fully agree with the users' reviews from metacritic. The records managment is really good and it's nice to compete with your friends to get the highest records... Afterwards, go online and compare yourself with the worldwide results ! ;o) The only flaw I found in "Mario & Sonic" is that you don't win Cups (and advance in the game) while playing with more than 1 player at a time : you need to play solo if you want to unlock all the Cups. Anyway it's all good here. Don't hesitate to buy if you want a great party game or if you appreciate "Track & Fields like" games. Expand
  11. WilmaB.
    Dec 29, 2007
    THis is a really good game because you can actually break a sweat playing it. It isn't quite as fun with only one player though.
  12. LiamYates
    Feb 13, 2008
    Absolutely fantastic. Anyone who has played a Track and Field game before will know the fun this can bring, either solo, or (and especially) in a group.

Includes a range of events from 400m, to Trampolening, Archery, and Table Tennis.

It would get a perfect 10 from me, if it included online play; not just leaderboards.
  13. brittanicolbert
    May 4, 2008
    this was the first game i rented on my wii, it was the only game i knew i NEEDED after playing, my family and friends got together and talked trash, laughed, and smiled even though our arms were sore. all you could hear at our wii party was yelling on who could outrun who... who had the best throw and (awws when we sucked at skeet or the envious ooohs that were made when someone got a 10this was the first game i rented on my wii, it was the only game i knew i NEEDED after playing, my family and friends got together and talked trash, laughed, and smiled even though our arms were sore. all you could hear at our wii party was yelling on who could outrun who... who had the best throw and (awws when we sucked at skeet or the envious ooohs that were made when someone got a 10 on the trampoline. this is one game the whole family can enjoy. it takes you away from work, from the computer and away from just being a recluse. yea you might expect more but what game isn't great if it is not a workout! i just wished i was a guy and i could take my shirt off when i got hott! lmao! the game is top notch and vigorous but it is worth playing just for the memories of those who joined on the Beijing olympics 2008, mario and sonic style lol! Expand
  14. MOSH
    Oct 19, 2009
    Best Olympics Themed Video Game EVER. Best Mini-Games Ever Best Mario Sports Game since MKDD
  15. RobH.
    Nov 12, 2007
    So far the reviews, with the exception of IGN's, aren't very good and don't really do a good job indicating how fun this game is. Simply put, this is the best game of its kind since Wii Sports. The games are simple with just the right sprinkling of stratagy. The characters are fun to use, and it's fun to download the leader boards to see how your scores compare worldwide.
  16. MatP.
    Nov 24, 2007
    The game really shines in multiplayer but is still an addictive single player game, contrary to many of the poorer reviews I find the control work well and it
  17. AlejandroR.
    Nov 14, 2007
    This game is one of the best Wii games so far. The events in this game are fun and it never really gets old. I constantly am trying to get a gold medal in a circuit or trying to get a better rank worldwide. This game lets you see your score and how it compares to others worldwide, which I think increases the competition and the fun factor. I would recommend buying it, but if you're This game is one of the best Wii games so far. The events in this game are fun and it never really gets old. I constantly am trying to get a gold medal in a circuit or trying to get a better rank worldwide. This game lets you see your score and how it compares to others worldwide, which I think increases the competition and the fun factor. I would recommend buying it, but if you're not sure, just rent it and see for yourself. This game is also fun to play with others, such as family members and/or friends. Expand
  18. JoeG.
    Nov 29, 2007
    An outstanding collection of olympic events, hugely fun to play in both single- and multiplayer. Practically worth it for the Archery alone, not to mention the excellent Dream events. Highly recommended.

It only takes a few minutes of playing Mario & Sonic at the Olympics to understand that this isn't so much a game as it is a marketing tool to promote the upcoming 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
    For being a game that’s made up of simple gestures and “been there, done that” gameplay, Mario & Sonic is a huge surprise in its ability to still pull us in and really deliver pure, classic entertainment.
    The complexity in the competition's certainly a step up from "Wii Sports" and "Wii Play," but without the option to play how you want and when you want, this feels like just another souped-up minigame collection. It's enjoyable -- and to be honest, more fun than I expected -- but it's not quite the evolution of Wii Sports we've been looking for.