Mario Strikers Charged Wii

8.1

1. Nov 18, 2012
    This game was a disappointment. I own the Gamecube installment of this mini-series, and had a blast with that game. The simplicity and flowing-ness of the game really made me believe I was a part of a team and in total control. This sequel however, didn
  2. Jan 16, 2013
    My satisfaction with this game is the exact same as the Gamecube version. The game looks good with the super strike and character animations. The music really fits this game much more than the previous version did as well. The controls work very well with the motion-sensing and have no button-delay, but it does feel awkward with two controllers in either hand. I would have liked an optionMy satisfaction with this game is the exact same as the Gamecube version. The game looks good with the super strike and character animations. The music really fits this game much more than the previous version did as well. The controls work very well with the motion-sensing and have no button-delay, but it does feel awkward with two controllers in either hand. I would have liked an option to play with a controller instead of being forced to only one choice. I think the super strikes are much better this time around, since nobody can abuse them and they do score more goals than before; I also liked it that the opposing goalie has the chance to stop the shots as well. What was also cool is that the shot strength depend on how you charge the ball up and are not up to chance like in its predecessor.
    Single player involves Domination Mode in which you can set up a game or series with different customization options (no items, CPU difficulty). The striker challenges were also neat in which I needed to overcome an obstacle to win, but I wish I could've unlocked new characters or sidekicks, and not just more options that I can only use in Domination Mode. In Road to the Strikers Cup, you have no customization options (unlike the previous game), and the AI gets incredibly cheap by spamming hits and dekes like crazy in the later rounds. Your teammates seem to not help out by hitting the opponent and just stand there the whole time. Combined with items and the environmental hazards going every-which-way, the game can get too chaotic even for a Mario game. I could forgive this, however, if it also wasn't so punishing. You can't restart a game or quit out of it without having to forfeit. When you lose in the tournaments, you have to restart that cup all over again, and it gives this game the worst kind of padding possible. They probably made it this way to make up for the fact that it is quite short. In all, the single player is a bit lightweight and cheap, but it does have more unlockables than the previous game. Multiplayer allows up to four players, and it can get really fun at times. The online is also well-done, with very little lag. My only complaints is that random match-ups could be imbalanced at times and that two players could not choose the same captain. I did like it that you could see your opponent before hand, however, and I think this online is actually pretty good. The multiplayer is definitely the strong point to this game, and that is what I recommend looking forward to in this title.
    In the end, the single player mode is short and cheap near the end with some forced, awkward controls - but the multiplayer, super strike improvements, and all-around fun make this an enjoyable title. I simply cannot say this is an improvement over the original, however.
  3. DME
    Oct 23, 2010
    Brilliant! I love it so much I cannot wait to go online. It's challenging, great music, awesome "specials" and sweet, sweet violence. Replay value is very high. Highly recommended.
  4. IanI.
    Jul 31, 2007
    Shallow and unfun, perhaps on a gamecube controller but deffinatly clumsy, inacruate and hard to tollerate on the wiimotes. It may have online in the simplest terms...but just barly...and as I said about the gameplay in general an unfun game doesn't magicaly become fun online.
  5. DakotaG.
    Sep 23, 2007
    It has the best mario graphics that ive ever seen. its a fun game, but only for the first 3 hours. after that it gets boring. online is quite good but hard to play if your not very good at video games.
  6. DanB.
    Sep 2, 2007
    Amazing sequel to the first game, Charged has lots packed into it. Improved graphics, great gameplay, and I especially like picking individual sidekicks. Can't wait until I get it online.
  7. myset
    May 25, 2007
    Great game, music rocks. Basically improves on every aspect compared to the original. I highly recomend this game. Only minus point is that the online connections lag from time to time.
  8. Anonymous
    Nov 20, 2007
    This game is really addicting and fun when playing multiplayer or online. The skill shots for the different characters is great and keeps you smiling, and 'The Road to the Striker Cup' gets harder as it goes on, overall great game, highly recommended. However, my score is one of a perfect 10 because the clips can get repetative when playing single player, although try not let This game is really addicting and fun when playing multiplayer or online. The skill shots for the different characters is great and keeps you smiling, and 'The Road to the Striker Cup' gets harder as it goes on, overall great game, highly recommended. However, my score is one of a perfect 10 because the clips can get repetative when playing single player, although try not let that annoy you, and go out there now and buy this game! Expand
  9. BartB.
    Oct 7, 2007
    I rented this based on the positive reviews I
  10. BllE.
    Oct 9, 2007
    An awesomley fun game. The only reason i take off ppoints is because once you finish playing it for 1-3 hours siingle you NEED to play multiplayer. The only reason you should keep this game is if you have more than one controller and a buddy to play it with. But other than that it is awesome.
  11. BenjaminB.
    May 27, 2007
    pro: online-gaming, it makes fun, suitable graphics and sounds con: too difficult & short singleplayer-mode, you have to play the different cups in a certain order, no online tournaments All in all it's a good game - buy it!
  12. Kaliman
    May 29, 2007
    Excellent game. The action is fast and furious! The wiimote is cleverly used to stop megastrikes. The game excels going online. The feeling of beating a human opponent is so sweet!
  13. GeneralSmiley
    Jun 1, 2007
    Really amazing multiplayer.
  14. Assimok
    Jun 2, 2007
    Fast game. Better if you like a fast and competitive online game. Graphics are Ok, sometimes its difficult to see the ball with explodsions and a lot of objects in the camp. Online Games are limited to 2 Wiis but can be 2 players in each.
  15. MC2009C
    Aug 1, 2007
    Charged greatly improves upon the gameplay in the first Strikers, and introduces concepts such as character statistics, sidekick abilities, and, most notably, online co-op play.
  16. SamJ.
    Aug 1, 2007
    Its an excellent game. probably the best mario sports game. its amazing how long the game can keep you hooked. the graphics are good.awesome multiplayer. nice work nintendo.
  17. PaulD.
    Jan 19, 2008
    What can I say? This is a chaotically fun sports title that is sure to bring your friends together. Just don't expect too much in the way of depth. A must-own Wi-Fi title.
  18. NathanH.
    Aug 3, 2008
    A great game overall. The online play is good, the characters were made perfectly, but its only fun for a little while. Its not that hard to beat, and it just gets boring after a while. I would still suggest it to any gamer.
  19. SamP.
    Nov 5, 2007
    Against the computer and with friends in multiplayer - lots of good fun for a few days. Then you get online... and feel completly cheated. I may just suck at the game, but when it's nearly impossible to win any matches because the game gives you random opponents and not those in similar situations sucks. This was the biggest letdown of the game, and ruined the entire experience.
  20. DouglasM.
    Dec 20, 2007
    If I had to choose only one game to have for the Wii, it would be Mario Strikers Charged. You will play it for years. In Multiplayer style, of course.
  21. DuncanL.
    May 27, 2007
    This is a fantastic game. Great learning curve and the online mode is superb.
  22. AliS.
    May 31, 2007
    It really is not a football game, it is a wild and fast paced ball game. Playing solo isn't that interesting and the high score I gave is for multiplayer. The first hour or so may not be that great, but you will be hooked!
  23. DarwinP.
    Jun 4, 2007
    Deeper, more competitive and flashier than the first - and plus its now online! The perfect Wi-Fi launch title.
  24. RazR.
    Jun 5, 2007
    This game is fantastic! The mechanics within this game are simple to learn, however, with a large learning curve hours can be spent trying to learn and incorporate new skills including chip shot, tackle, and so forth. The graphics are detailed and deserve recognition - each character has facial details which can cause amusement. The lighting is fantastic and the special effects are This game is fantastic! The mechanics within this game are simple to learn, however, with a large learning curve hours can be spent trying to learn and incorporate new skills including chip shot, tackle, and so forth. The graphics are detailed and deserve recognition - each character has facial details which can cause amusement. The lighting is fantastic and the special effects are magnificent (see exploding within the game). The gameplay is superb that has many levels of mastery which can be both enjoyable for beginners and pros, with learners being able to win if they pull off the right move. The sounds including characters never become annoying, but rather appropriate and effective. Events including when mario gets burnt are very humorous, but make sure it doesent make you laugh too hard or the battle might be turned on its head! This is definately a righteous return for Mario in what is revolutionary in that not only does it make a loborious and stagnant sport such as football to be fun, but also changes Nintendos main characters to be moody and agressive. This game with no doubt deserves the 10/10 i have awarded it. Expand
  25. MattR.
    Aug 11, 2007
    Ian I. What are you talking about? Mario Strikers Charged rarely uses the wiimotes sensors, and when it does that is only for "Megastrikes" and I have found the motion sensing for that spot-on. Also for tackling, but you shake the remote to do that, so if you have problems with that, wow. Anyway, I have to say that this game is FANTASTIC! The single player was the biggest challenge I have Ian I. What are you talking about? Mario Strikers Charged rarely uses the wiimotes sensors, and when it does that is only for "Megastrikes" and I have found the motion sensing for that spot-on. Also for tackling, but you shake the remote to do that, so if you have problems with that, wow. Anyway, I have to say that this game is FANTASTIC! The single player was the biggest challenge I have had in years! When you beat the Strikers Cup, you feel like you are on top of the world. Even after that, there is still the biggest challenge of them all. Being #1 in America. This is actually the most fun I've had with my Wii (TP was a terrific game, but I never died once! That is ridiculous in a Zelda game). So pick up this game, especially if you have online. You will not be disappointed. Expand
  26. GregP.
    Aug 19, 2007
    Anyone who doesnt like this game doesnt have-
    A) a Wii
    B) a Television
    C) The ability to have fun
    D) ALl the above

THe only other reason to not like this game is if you suck at video games and thats your fault!

Best wii game out buy it>>>>>

(Zelda is in its own league)
  27. RichardH.
    Aug 27, 2007
    If you have a wii, some friends and loads of wiimotes and nunchuks you absolutely need this game! The multiplayer is fantastic. It's fun playing online too. The single player can be frustrating but at least it's a hefty challenge unlike a lot of single player games these days.
  28. MattW.
    Sep 17, 2007
    Really boring when unlocking everything.. but once u get everything done, the more ppl u play with the better it is and i find all the items really annoying as well. overall it is a really addicting game!!
  29. BobR.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Great game and I have the first mario srikers and it is always fun to play it again and again.
  30. BradJ
    Aug 31, 2009
    This game is really great! Probably my favorite sports game ever, other than Mario Tennis on the n64 (Haven't played the gc version yet, want to bad)! Way more stadiums (plus all from the original) More captains and WAY more sidekicks! Better graphics, Better gameplay (and crazier)! It's not realistic at all, but that's why I like Mario sports games and Mario in the firstThis game is really great! Probably my favorite sports game ever, other than Mario Tennis on the n64 (Haven't played the gc version yet, want to bad)! Way more stadiums (plus all from the original) More captains and WAY more sidekicks! Better graphics, Better gameplay (and crazier)! It's not realistic at all, but that's why I like Mario sports games and Mario in the first place! Single player isn't too long, but wifi and multiplayer make it longer. Oh, and the single player tournament, the last tournament is near impossible, but I haven't tried playing tournament with a friend, that might make it easier. I give it an 8.5! Expand
  31. PeterS.
    May 28, 2007
    I don't like sports. At all. But I really enjoy this game. It's less soccer and more action. I get lost on the screen sometimes. Playing online is fun but not always smooth. at all. But I like the game a lot and recommend it.
  32. DavidK.
    Jul 13, 2007
    Now im not into football. And Not into any Sports game but. When i found out that this was the first online game that was the only reason i wanted to try it. And i found it to be incredibly fun and addictive. the games itself works great with the controls and is very quick, easy and simple to learn. But the more advanced controls and strategies can take a while. the variety of captains Now im not into football. And Not into any Sports game but. When i found out that this was the first online game that was the only reason i wanted to try it. And i found it to be incredibly fun and addictive. the games itself works great with the controls and is very quick, easy and simple to learn. But the more advanced controls and strategies can take a while. the variety of captains and sidekicks add a range of possibilities and strategies. The single player in the game is fairly short and easy but the last cup can be slightly challenging to the less experienced players. The single player/offline mode of the game itself is worth 8/10. But the real star of the game is The online Mode. This adds a whole new Value to the game and makes more personal challenges like, trying to get in the top 100 rankings or even the top 1000. so far i have only managed 874. the great thing is the rankings reset after each season meaning new owners of the game still have a chance to get to number one at one point.. The matches can get pretty heated and intense. and nothing is more satisfiying the winning on a skillshot in sudden death, apart from winning 10 - 0 and getting a bundle of points of course. The only downside to the game is no talk or messaging so it can sometimes feel no different from playing the computer except that it is usually harder than the computer. Overall Great game must buy for football fans and none. offline worth 8/10 online worth an extra 5/10 so overall 13/10 but you can only go 10 max so i have to settle with that. exellent start to wii online i just cant wait for the next one. Expand
  33. JacobS.
    Jul 31, 2007
    As you may know Mario Strikers Charged is a soccer game, and soccer is meant to be played with a whole bunch of people. Which is exactly how this game is, you can play alone but where's the fun in that, plus it's not that good. Charged is the best multiplayer game on the Wii and being able to play online helps it. It is one of the most fun games I've ever played and it by As you may know Mario Strikers Charged is a soccer game, and soccer is meant to be played with a whole bunch of people. Which is exactly how this game is, you can play alone but where's the fun in that, plus it's not that good. Charged is the best multiplayer game on the Wii and being able to play online helps it. It is one of the most fun games I've ever played and it by far the best Wii game. A must buy for any Wii owner, accually a must buy for anyone, simply amazing. Expand
  34. BrockJ.
    Aug 17, 2007
    Everything was added to make this game better than its predecessor. More personalized abilities for both captains and teammates, the ability to choose individual teammates, an ACTUAL difference in stadiums and the addition of challenges. And for the nintendo fans who have long awaited an online game (that's not Phantasy Star online) this is it. The sequel answered all the questions Everything was added to make this game better than its predecessor. More personalized abilities for both captains and teammates, the ability to choose individual teammates, an ACTUAL difference in stadiums and the addition of challenges. And for the nintendo fans who have long awaited an online game (that's not Phantasy Star online) this is it. The sequel answered all the questions about the original. Expand
  35. AndrewF.
    Aug 18, 2007
    I have to say that playing online is pretty fun and i highly recomend if you have wii buy this game.
  36. AdamO.
    Sep 14, 2007
    8.5: "What a game" I kept thing to myself while playing this. It's crazy, crazy fun. Mario and company are back for some "football" as they call it in Europe, and boy have they been training. Seriously. The single-player mode difficulty can be incredibly hard (me and my brother were having fits about it). But with so much else to do, who cares. The multiplayer mode is some of the 8.5: "What a game" I kept thing to myself while playing this. It's crazy, crazy fun. Mario and company are back for some "football" as they call it in Europe, and boy have they been training. Seriously. The single-player mode difficulty can be incredibly hard (me and my brother were having fits about it). But with so much else to do, who cares. The multiplayer mode is some of the best multiplayer Nintendo has delivered, as it even compares to the likes of Mario Kart DS and Super Smash Bros. Melee. Online. That makes this game get so many more goals in than Strikers on Gamecube. It works flawlessly, hardly lags, and offers some big challenges. I'd like to see YOU try to get on to the top of the leaderboards. This year also offers a lot more customization with your teams, as you can actually change your team members. The only reason you'll want to do the Single Player mode is to get characters and stages, because the CPUs will piss you off. The mega strikes don't really offer much variety; the character basically jumps up into the air and kicks the ball into multiple balls. Also, the voice acting is very awkward (Waluigi, Daisy, Peach, etc.). The game also doesn't take much use of the Wiimote's motion-sensing capabilities. Yes, there are some faults with variety in the game, but it's still a great game deserved to be played endlessly, especially online and at parties. Expand
  37. Tupac
    Sep 16, 2007
    This game is awesome online with a buddy and the single player is pretty fun and difficult.
  38. JebR.
    Jan 24, 2008
    This game has everything... violence, silly characters, online play, amd soccer like it was never meant to be :) I also find it pretty challenging on a single player basis, I might just suck but I still have not been able to win the Crystal Cup and I've been playing for a couple months now.
    Nov 18, 2007
    An awesome game with tons more depth than the previous one for GameCube. Mario Strikers Charged has amazing online modes too.
  40. AndrewA.
    Dec 19, 2007
    The game is so much fun whether you are a soccer fan or not. The power ups, skill shots, and quick pace make it easy to learn but hard to master. The online mode works well, and it is easy to find plenty of people out there to play. The game has unlockable captains, which is a plus, but could have used a more in that regard. Plenty to do to keep you interested for a long time. Great also The game is so much fun whether you are a soccer fan or not. The power ups, skill shots, and quick pace make it easy to learn but hard to master. The online mode works well, and it is easy to find plenty of people out there to play. The game has unlockable captains, which is a plus, but could have used a more in that regard. Plenty to do to keep you interested for a long time. Great also with friends. Must have. Expand
  41. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is not nearly talked about enough these days! I`m not a fan of soccer, nor do I enjoy Mario sports games that much, so I let this game sit on the shelf for a while. I also played the Strikers game on Gamecube and wasn`t too impressed by it. But recently I decided I should finally play it, and boy was I surprised! With extremely fast gameplay, an extensive tutorial mode, and crazyThis game is not nearly talked about enough these days! I`m not a fan of soccer, nor do I enjoy Mario sports games that much, so I let this game sit on the shelf for a while. I also played the Strikers game on Gamecube and wasn`t too impressed by it. But recently I decided I should finally play it, and boy was I surprised! With extremely fast gameplay, an extensive tutorial mode, and crazy good graphics (fully rendered crowd, character damage), if this game doesn`t give you a good time, nothing will. Expand
  42. Jul 27, 2014
    You don't need to be a soccer fan to enjoy this game... because it bends the rules to offer fast-paced action with surprisingly deep gameplay that bears little resemblance to the sport. If you expect a soccer game you will actually be disappointed. But it's very fun, addictive, and pretty challenging as well. The main drawback is the main single player game is not very varied, you get toYou don't need to be a soccer fan to enjoy this game... because it bends the rules to offer fast-paced action with surprisingly deep gameplay that bears little resemblance to the sport. If you expect a soccer game you will actually be disappointed. But it's very fun, addictive, and pretty challenging as well. The main drawback is the main single player game is not very varied, you get to play 3 cups of increasing difficulties (the last boss is a tough one!), and you have a set of challenges on the side, but that's about it. I didn't get to play multiplayer but I can imagine how crazy it might get... Expand
  43. Dec 26, 2012
    Mario Strikers Charged is a disappointing sequel to Mario Smash Football. The game-play is bad, you can basically only score goals with Super Strikes, and Super Strikes can count for as much as 6 goals, which is a bit ridiculous. You only get about 3 seconds with the ball before you get tackled or hit by an item, and the graphics are quite messy. You can play Cup battles, scenarios,Mario Strikers Charged is a disappointing sequel to Mario Smash Football. The game-play is bad, you can basically only score goals with Super Strikes, and Super Strikes can count for as much as 6 goals, which is a bit ridiculous. You only get about 3 seconds with the ball before you get tackled or hit by an item, and the graphics are quite messy. You can play Cup battles, scenarios, on-line or quick matches. Most of these modes aren't really all that fun and are quite tedious. However, this game has quite good multi player value. However, overall, Mario Strikers Charged fails to live up to Mario Smash Football. I would suggest to stay away unless you are playing with friends. Expand
  44. Mar 10, 2013
    i really enjoy this game. Game Cube was good. Mario striker was even better. I hope next Level game bring something new to the table. Petey is the
  45. Oct 22, 2013
    Even though i don't like soccer or sports games in general, this game just blew me away. Everything that happens in soccer is taking to the extreme here.
  46. Jun 14, 2014
    Mario strikers charged was one o the best games on the Wii period examples: Great gameplay, amazing graphics,Challenging, love the replays, great music, you have more and can choose different sidekicks, and do a lot more tricks and other things freely now. I also like the act that the goalie finally has his own animation parts of the game by preventing megastrikes hitting the players and aMario strikers charged was one o the best games on the Wii period examples: Great gameplay, amazing graphics,Challenging, love the replays, great music, you have more and can choose different sidekicks, and do a lot more tricks and other things freely now. I also like the act that the goalie finally has his own animation parts of the game by preventing megastrikes hitting the players and a smarter AI. The best part of the game was the online, I would have to say Mario strikers charged had the best online connection out of all the other wii games. I hope Nintendo can see this review because what im really asking for is can you guys make Mario Strikers Wii U, similar to strikers charged style with more characters, the sidekicks can possibly be captains or have more stuff like the captains, better graphics, online of course, more stages, and also keep the old stages and songs for the characters from part on 1 and 2. I would Highly recommend people to buy this game its worth it. Expand
  47. Jun 30, 2014
    Not much going on on the single-player front at all but as a multi-player game this is a lot of fun! Shame the online was ruined by people using exploits all the time which were never patched. Fantastic on the local multiplayer front though as I've mentioned.
  48. Feb 27, 2015
    A great improvement from its predecessor! Mario Strikers Charged keeps what made the first game fun but adds more to make the game even better! Characters move fluently and the addition of course hazards makes the game more fun and challenging!

1. As the most original, admittedly surreal, take on the sport for years, Mario Strikers is a gem of a game and manages to flawlessly meet Nintendo's brief of appealing to absolutely everybody.
  2. While we can see some people getting frustrated with the tricky AI later in the game, the emphasis on multiplayer and online action makes this an essential Wii title. [June 2007, p.72]
  3. The eventful, minute-long matches and frantic to-and-fro make Mario Strikers a suitable curtain-raiser for online gaming on the Wii, but a balanced and deep extreme sports game this is not. [June 2007, p.87]