8.1

1. Nov 18, 2012
    This game was a disappointment. I own the Gamecube installment of this mini-series, and had a blast with that game. The simplicity and flowing-ness of the game really made me believe I was a part of a team and in total control. This sequel however, didn
  2. Jan 16, 2013
    My satisfaction with this game is the exact same as the Gamecube version. The game looks good with the super strike and character animations. The music really fits this game much more than the previous version did as well. The controls work very well with the motion-sensing and have no button-delay, but it does feel awkward with two controllers in either hand. I would have liked an optionMy satisfaction with this game is the exact same as the Gamecube version. The game looks good with the super strike and character animations. The music really fits this game much more than the previous version did as well. The controls work very well with the motion-sensing and have no button-delay, but it does feel awkward with two controllers in either hand. I would have liked an option to play with a controller instead of being forced to only one choice. I think the super strikes are much better this time around, since nobody can abuse them and they do score more goals than before; I also liked it that the opposing goalie has the chance to stop the shots as well. What was also cool is that the shot strength depend on how you charge the ball up and are not up to chance like in its predecessor.
    Single player involves Domination Mode in which you can set up a game or series with different customization options (no items, CPU difficulty). The striker challenges were also neat in which I needed to overcome an obstacle to win, but I wish I could've unlocked new characters or sidekicks, and not just more options that I can only use in Domination Mode. In Road to the Strikers Cup, you have no customization options (unlike the previous game), and the AI gets incredibly cheap by spamming hits and dekes like crazy in the later rounds. Your teammates seem to not help out by hitting the opponent and just stand there the whole time. Combined with items and the environmental hazards going every-which-way, the game can get too chaotic even for a Mario game. I could forgive this, however, if it also wasn't so punishing. You can't restart a game or quit out of it without having to forfeit. When you lose in the tournaments, you have to restart that cup all over again, and it gives this game the worst kind of padding possible. They probably made it this way to make up for the fact that it is quite short. In all, the single player is a bit lightweight and cheap, but it does have more unlockables than the previous game. Multiplayer allows up to four players, and it can get really fun at times. The online is also well-done, with very little lag. My only complaints is that random match-ups could be imbalanced at times and that two players could not choose the same captain. I did like it that you could see your opponent before hand, however, and I think this online is actually pretty good. The multiplayer is definitely the strong point to this game, and that is what I recommend looking forward to in this title.
    In the end, the single player mode is short and cheap near the end with some forced, awkward controls - but the multiplayer, super strike improvements, and all-around fun make this an enjoyable title. I simply cannot say this is an improvement over the original, however.
  3. DakotaG.
    Sep 23, 2007
    It has the best mario graphics that ive ever seen. its a fun game, but only for the first 3 hours. after that it gets boring. online is quite good but hard to play if your not very good at video games.
  4. BartB.
    Oct 7, 2007
    I rented this based on the positive reviews I
  5. Assimok
    Jun 2, 2007
    Fast game. Better if you like a fast and competitive online game. Graphics are Ok, sometimes its difficult to see the ball with explodsions and a lot of objects in the camp. Online Games are limited to 2 Wiis but can be 2 players in each.
  6. NathanH.
    Aug 3, 2008
    A great game overall. The online play is good, the characters were made perfectly, but its only fun for a little while. Its not that hard to beat, and it just gets boring after a while. I would still suggest it to any gamer.
  7. SamP.
    Nov 5, 2007
    Against the computer and with friends in multiplayer - lots of good fun for a few days. Then you get online... and feel completly cheated. I may just suck at the game, but when it's nearly impossible to win any matches because the game gives you random opponents and not those in similar situations sucks. This was the biggest letdown of the game, and ruined the entire experience.
  8. Dec 26, 2012
    Mario Strikers Charged is a disappointing sequel to Mario Smash Football. The game-play is bad, you can basically only score goals with Super Strikes, and Super Strikes can count for as much as 6 goals, which is a bit ridiculous. You only get about 3 seconds with the ball before you get tackled or hit by an item, and the graphics are quite messy. You can play Cup battles, scenarios,Mario Strikers Charged is a disappointing sequel to Mario Smash Football. The game-play is bad, you can basically only score goals with Super Strikes, and Super Strikes can count for as much as 6 goals, which is a bit ridiculous. You only get about 3 seconds with the ball before you get tackled or hit by an item, and the graphics are quite messy. You can play Cup battles, scenarios, on-line or quick matches. Most of these modes aren't really all that fun and are quite tedious. However, this game has quite good multi player value. However, overall, Mario Strikers Charged fails to live up to Mario Smash Football. I would suggest to stay away unless you are playing with friends. Expand
  9. Oct 22, 2013
    Even though i don't like soccer or sports games in general, this game just blew me away. Everything that happens in soccer is taking to the extreme here.
  10. Jun 30, 2014
    Not much going on on the single-player front at all but as a multi-player game this is a lot of fun! Shame the online was ruined by people using exploits all the time which were never patched. Fantastic on the local multiplayer front though as I've mentioned.

1. As the most original, admittedly surreal, take on the sport for years, Mario Strikers is a gem of a game and manages to flawlessly meet Nintendo's brief of appealing to absolutely everybody.
  2. While we can see some people getting frustrated with the tricky AI later in the game, the emphasis on multiplayer and online action makes this an essential Wii title. [June 2007, p.72]
  3. The eventful, minute-long matches and frantic to-and-fro make Mario Strikers a suitable curtain-raiser for online gaming on the Wii, but a balanced and deep extreme sports game this is not. [June 2007, p.87]