Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Wii

8.9

1. MattO.
    Aug 28, 2007
    From the phenomenal opening theme, to the epic heart-stopping combat, and the thought out and meaningful exploration, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption blesses Wii owners with one of the most fulfilling experiences in gaming history. The controls are spot-on, smooth, and rewarding. The voice acting is top-notch, and the environments are detailed and engaging. There is absolutely no excuse for From the phenomenal opening theme, to the epic heart-stopping combat, and the thought out and meaningful exploration, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption blesses Wii owners with one of the most fulfilling experiences in gaming history. The controls are spot-on, smooth, and rewarding. The voice acting is top-notch, and the environments are detailed and engaging. There is absolutely no excuse for you to not own this amazing title. You won't regret the purchase. 10/10. Expand
  2. DanA.
    Aug 28, 2007
    This game is incredible. I was very skeptical, but at the same time very hyped to see what it would be like. I first imagined Metroid Prime 2: Echoes with tacked on Wii controls. But make no mistake, this is a must buy for any fan of action/.adventure games, Wii owners, and Metroid fans alike. It's probably even superior to the original Metroid Prime.
  3. KyleF.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Perfect. Flawless. Wiimote works great. Visuals are amazing. This is the best game I've ever played.
  4. SteveM.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Metroid Prime 3 is one of those quality games that reminds us why Nintendo has been around as long as they have. This game is not only a solid adventure game with beautiful graphics, engrossing music and amazing level design, it's controls are ground breaking, and that fact should not be overlooked.
  5. Tony
    Aug 31, 2007
    This game is very good, it has good artistic graphics and the controls are pretty solid, although theres a steep learning curve, and some of the bosses arent that exciting, but a fun adventure-shooter.
  6. Chris?
    Aug 31, 2007
    This game is amazing, it has incredible gameplay, grafics and level design and by far the best metroid title to date. this game is a must have for the Nintendo Wii.
  7. AlexH.
    Sep 11, 2007
    This is a "10" in my book. I am pretty far into it, and it is immersive and addictive. The graphics are gorgeous, I think even by next-gen standards, but what makes it great are the gameplay and the storyline. I think this is the best title for the Wii out there, with the possible exception of Twillight Princess, and I now expect great things for shooters on the Wii in the future. I This is a "10" in my book. I am pretty far into it, and it is immersive and addictive. The graphics are gorgeous, I think even by next-gen standards, but what makes it great are the gameplay and the storyline. I think this is the best title for the Wii out there, with the possible exception of Twillight Princess, and I now expect great things for shooters on the Wii in the future. I can't compare the controls to BioShock (which, by all acounts, is an awesome game as well) because I haven't played it, but as an avid Halo 1 and 2 fan, I can honestly say the control set up here is better than those games. That's not to say they were bad; they were great, of course, but the control scheme here is just better. My only quibbles are just that some of the randomly generated creature fights get a little old, because they keep re-generating and are pretty easy to beat, and there are a few too many rooms that exist just to force you to jump or swing across a chasm (which gets pretty boring after awhile, both because suit upgrades make it easy and because you have to back-track at different points in the game). But those are minor quibbles, and doesn't stop it from a 10 rating. Expand
  8. TomL.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Yet another GameCube game warmed up for the Wii, technically brilliant but it's not worth the investment over the GameCube games
  9. Rinkusu
    Dec 13, 2008
    This was a great game, with excellent controls, but the difficulty of long play sessions due to the arm pain involved in aimining to shoot just makes the game alot more tedious and ulitmately detracts from the experince. Sorry, Retro, but the original Prime was the best in the series.
  10. Nov 13, 2011
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is a thrilling conclusion to the trilogy, the graphics are among the best on the console, and the point and shoot gameplay is mostly perfect, although this game won't soot everybody, and it lacks replay value, I suggest you buy this game.
  11. Aug 5, 2013
    Metroid Prime 3 is one of the few reasons I'm glad I owned a Wii, what a breath taking experience. The Boss battles are definitely the set piece for this game and where some of the most fun I have had in a long time
  12. Nov 20, 2011
    Ah Metroid, what an amazing series. Ever since the SNES days, I have loved this franchise and when I found out that Metroid was going 3-D with a new "Prime" printed afterwards, I was excited. And sure enough they managed to pull it off. Even things like the grappling hook which I initially thought they would butcher, they did perfectly. Truly one of the best video game franchises in theAh Metroid, what an amazing series. Ever since the SNES days, I have loved this franchise and when I found out that Metroid was going 3-D with a new "Prime" printed afterwards, I was excited. And sure enough they managed to pull it off. Even things like the grappling hook which I initially thought they would butcher, they did perfectly. Truly one of the best video game franchises in the market. I have played and enjoyed Metroid Prime and Prime 2: Echoes a lot. And now, this is my review of Metroid Prime 3: Gameplay: Amazing. It follows the same Metroid formula where you're in a first-person mode with you gun pointing out and pressing A to shoot. But with motion controls, the experience is better. With the Wii Remote, you can move the gun around in circles or in any other direction. It's as if the Wii Remote IS the gun itself and your Samus Aran shooting the pirates. It's a great experience. You can also go in your ship and play around with some of the features in it. However I just find myself going from one point to another with it. You can't control the ship, but it's still nice to see what's inside. The bosses are very challenging and very engaging. If you're new to the series, you will be in for one challenging adventure. Even me, being a veteran, found this game to be a tad difficult on easy mode. And on Hypermode...let's just good luck since this difficulty level really tests your skills. VERY challenging game. Throughout the game you get power-ups like the grappling hook and various different guns, and using these new power-ups is fun. 9.7/10 Story: Great. Quoted from metroid.wikia.com "After the events of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, the Galactic Federation contacts Samus Aran to investigate a malfunctioning network computer known as the Aurora Unit. The Federation believes the Space Pirates have infected the Aurora Unit with a virus. Subsequently, the Space Pirates attack one of the Federation's bases and begin to overrun the Federation's defenses. Samus, along with Bounty Hunters Ghor, Rundas, and Gandrayda, must work together to stop the siege, repair the Aurora Unit, and defeat enemies from the past game." The story is engaging and it's interesting listening to the dialog of the characters. 9/10 Music: Beautiful. Like the previous Prime games, the music will not disappoint. It is very well done and fits in with each scenario. The boss battles, like Rundas's theme or the classic Ridley theme, are truly breathtaking and make you want to slow down when fighting the bosses, just to hear these scores. My personal favorite track in this game is the Skytown music. Sometimes I find myself just turning the game on, flying to that place, and just relaxing as the music plays. The music gets a 10/10 Graphics: Amazing, especially for Wii standards. By improving the Prime 1 and 2 graphics a bit, Nintendo has created worlds that are beautiful and breathtaking. The cutscenes are nice and the overall look to the game is very inviting. 10/10 Characters and Voice acting: I liked the characters. The three other bounty hunters look very cool and have their own, unique powers. They accompany you on Norion to stop a meteorite from collapsing and then are later turned against you and gone to different locations because of Dark Samus. The fights with the other bounty hunters are amazing and challenging. And it is really sad to see them die at the hands of Dark Samus after you have defeated them. The aurora unit is a nice character that tells you what to do. But the one character that I cannot stand is Admiral Dane. His voice bugs me to no end. Yes, they have voice acting in this game, and for the most part it's not bad, but when it comes to Admiral Dane, it's just annoying. I don't know why, but I just can't stand him. 9/10 Overall, this game is marvelous. I recommend it to any gamer out there who is up for a first-person action/adventure game. Metroid fans will not be disappointed. Expand
  13. Apr 23, 2012
    This game is awesome, good controls, good graphics and plot, but is not perfect like the first prime game. The new thing in this game is voice acting: some charachters voice are good, but others sucks. The new space ship is awesome and the new hyper-mode is nice.
  14. Apr 11, 2012
    great game i love metroid games........i also love metroid fusion,prime two echoes, prime hunters, and other m........people say that the wii sucks whats with that honestly....i think the wii has a chance against the xbox360 though....the wii though is liked a lot though.......people normally says that the wii doesnt have as great graphics.....yes sometimes that is true but they habe goodgreat game i love metroid games........i also love metroid fusion,prime two echoes, prime hunters, and other m........people say that the wii sucks whats with that honestly....i think the wii has a chance against the xbox360 though....the wii though is liked a lot though.......people normally says that the wii doesnt have as great graphics.....yes sometimes that is true but they habe good graphics thereal games nintendo makes themselves or the games they own.....also people complain how tje wii has poor shooting games.....yet there ok with a classic controller.....also unlike xbox360 and ps3 you can move around....yes sadly the wii isnt better then the ps3.....and the wii has gamecube on it for people who like to use regular controls......the last reason why everyone sys the wii sucks is because they dont have enough good games?!?......THATS A LIE...if your one of the xbox360 owners you have no room to talk you may have some of the greatest games but you only have halo games, fable trilogy, and call of duty games........here are some of the greatest games for the wii in my opinion......metroid prime 3 corruption...metroid other m...zelda twilight princess....mario kart....mario super sluggers....mario and sonic at tje winter olympics.....kirby retirn to dreamland....kirbys epic yarn....metroid prime 2 echoes....metroid prime....star fox assault....star fox adventures....metal gear the twin snakes....super smash bros brawl and melee....super mario bros wii...all the mario party games....all the mario galaxy games....donkey kong country return....thse are only my favorite tiles and they already out gun what the xbox360 has to offer....you know what i can say to you xbpx people that hate the wii here is some obvious compareing to do with these two systems....the xbox360 breaks easly and heats up....and the wii doesnt break as easily proof ive had my wii for almost four years and ive had zero pronlems and my wii still works lome brand new.....and also what you get on the wii you have to pay for on the xbox 360 such as the internet use the online connection etc......the wii and the xbox360 both hve downlodablw games however the wii offers gamecube to back it up as well.....my opinion of thewii...is its fun and worht the money......and some games are not childish just look at the game im rating....long live nintendo long live nintendo long live nintendo.....either ways im giving this game a 9 because i find myself bored fter beating this game a couple times........long live nintendo long live nintendo long live nintendo..... Expand
  15. Sep 17, 2013
    It takes back what the original made so great, since Prime 2 was a bit slower and weird, and adds great and unique controls. This is a gem only possible on Wii. Level design and concept is awesome. Boss battle and missions are memorable. If you had this game, you're a lucky gamer.
  16. Apr 25, 2013
    Just for the record i have no CoD or BF cause I hate fps but Metroid Prime makes me happy where i play it.It looks perfect has great controls and such a Good story
  17. Jun 26, 2013
    Metroid Prime 3 is a great game to end of the Prime Trilogy. The graphics are slick and detailed, the planets are all unique and well designed, and the new control scheme is very intuitive. This is one of the few games that shows of the wii-mote's capabilities successfully, allowing for a point a shoot style of gameplay that works very well.

One very cool addition in the game was the

One very cool addition in the game was the inclusion of voice acting. It helps make the various characters you interact with more interesting while not intruding on the personality of Samus, as she still remains silent (cough cough OTHER M cough cough).

This really is a fantastic FPS and an excellent Metroid game. It's worth every penny.
  18. May 21, 2013
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is the best game in the Metroid Prime Series in terms of graphics, controls and music. And the story line is a very good way to end the Metroid Prime series. This is a must own, especially with Metroid fans.
  19. May 31, 2013
    This is a fantastic conclusion to the Metroid Prime series. Excellent gameplay, loveable new hunters and an intriguing story. This game even gives us creepy atmosphere almost like what Dead Space tried to do. Love this game, however I think it could've been a bit longer. Otherwise this game is a must play.
  20. Aug 7, 2013
    Metroid Prime 3 is one of the best games both the wii and the Metroid series has to offer. The game takes full advantage of the wii's motion controls and it works like a charm. The gameplay is your standard explore and investigate the planet Prime game. Except this time, the game has much more emphasis on shooting things and hyper- mode. Hyper mode is a state where Samus can use herMetroid Prime 3 is one of the best games both the wii and the Metroid series has to offer. The game takes full advantage of the wii's motion controls and it works like a charm. The gameplay is your standard explore and investigate the planet Prime game. Except this time, the game has much more emphasis on shooting things and hyper- mode. Hyper mode is a state where Samus can use her Phazon tanks to make her self much more powerful. This game also has three planets for you to explore, each one playing and feeling different. The games graphics are what you would expect from the prime series, amazing. The look of the P.E.D. suit looks very nice and the planets, especially Elysia are breathtaking. The story is that Samus must destroy these meteors called Leviathan seeds on each planet. It's a basic story but it is in no way bad. Overall though the games highlight is the gameplay. Scanning and exploring with the wii remote feels so much more immersive than a gamecube controller, and that is really saying something because the first two games were incredibly immersive. The only problem with this game is hyper mode, which makes the game to easy. This game is perfect if you are looking to get into the Metroid series and is a perfect game to start out with. Expand
  21. Dec 9, 2014
    This game is a very rare gem indeed. It is not often I play a game that is basically without flaws, but this one comes close to perfection.

I honestly can't think of a single negative aspect about it. The graphics are mind-blowing, Retro Studios used an extremely clever art-style that just doesn't seem to age at all. The game-play is just pure bliss, everything from the clever

The game-play is just pure bliss, everything from the clever level-design & puzzles, to the amazing boss-battles and sense of exploration.

Well done Retro Studios & NIntendo, you've released a very rare gem.
  22. Sep 27, 2015
    Metroid Prime 3 takes the franchise in some bad directions and not only includes much more character interaction but makes the dialogue infantile and stupid. I can see how 3 might be seen as paving the way for Other M. But it's still worth a play for Metroid fans. (copied from my trilogy review)
  23. Mar 10, 2016
    Inconsistent pacing is something these sort of games seem to always have. Thankfully, creative worlds, awesome motion controls, and a nicely done atmosphere makes this game well worth it.

#3 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#7 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Even with a low difficulty level, lackluster story and flawed unlockables, Metroid Prime 3 is certainly a must-play for Wii owners.
  2. A true gamer's game, a lovingly crafted science-fiction magnum opus, a showcase title not only for excellent motion controls but also stunning artwork that rivals anything in gaming.
  3. Proof that not all sequels are quick attempts to cash in; Corruption takes the already outstanding formula of the previous games and retools it into one of the most solid and rewarding experiences in years.