Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Wii

8.9

1. Ian
    Sep 4, 2007
    Zelda was amazing, but the controls felt tacked on. Super Paper Mario was fun, but it was originality meant for the gamecube. Now we have Metroid prime 3 which is truly the game to prove the wii isn't just a gamecube with online features and motion controls. it has at least a dozen bosses, a long and entertaining adventure mode. (its fun just to throw your grabble bean like a whip Zelda was amazing, but the controls felt tacked on. Super Paper Mario was fun, but it was originality meant for the gamecube. Now we have Metroid prime 3 which is truly the game to prove the wii isn't just a gamecube with online features and motion controls. it has at least a dozen bosses, a long and entertaining adventure mode. (its fun just to throw your grabble bean like a whip and tear shields and tear weaker enemies to bits!) with the best FPS controls so far, and excellent use of the wii's graphics which are much better than the last two MP games and maybe even halo 2. It even has voice acting, and its pretty good too! and even with 3 different difficulty settings, (one has to be unlocked) the game never feels frustrating. (don't listen to Jared C. he's lying) There is problems with loading time, which feels like forever sometimes, and the lack of online play is a disappointment, its still not enough to lower the score of the game to a 9. It also has a sort of halo feel, but thats a good thing and its still plays like a metroid game a MUST needed title for the hardcore. and people who are interested in playing a first person game. Expand
  2. JeffZ.
    Dec 4, 2007
    The best controlling first person shooter I have played to date. Wonderful graphics, plus the Metrod feel make this a must buy game.
  3. BartB.
    Oct 7, 2007
    The best shooter I've played in ages. The controls, where you lock onto a baddie but can aim off of it to hit others, don
  4. SimonG.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Geez it's about time a great games comes out on the Wii. Apart from "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" and "Resident Evil 4" there wasn't much epic and deep games on the console yet. Of course there are a few good mini-games compilations (Rayman Raving Rabbids, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves) and average games that were still worth playing (Red Steel and Excite Trucks), but now Geez it's about time a great games comes out on the Wii. Apart from "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" and "Resident Evil 4" there wasn't much epic and deep games on the console yet. Of course there are a few good mini-games compilations (Rayman Raving Rabbids, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves) and average games that were still worth playing (Red Steel and Excite Trucks), but now with "Metroid Prime 3: Corruption" we finally have something else that gets us involved into. I never played the first two Prime in the series, but I figured that I give this one a chance. I was looking for a good action game, more than a Metroid one. The gameplay (action and controls) simply blew me away and I was charmed by the storyline immediately. I strongly recommend this game for any FPS fan looking for more than just shooting, no matter if you're into the series or not. This game really deserves the FPA (first person adventure) title. Expand
  5. DiegoM.
    Aug 30, 2007
    This game proves all the power of the Wii Console, from the stunning visuals and art direction, to the perfect controls. Metroid Prime 3 simply rocks.
  6. G-RadAndrew
    Sep 3, 2007
    This game is for definitely more mature people who know how to get out of situations that involve scanning different objects. It's really difficult and smart as it is ruthless. Sure it's extremely fun, but just trying to get to the next level can be usually difficult for some teenagers. Though the graphics for this game is amazing and spectacular. The gunfire shootings and pack This game is for definitely more mature people who know how to get out of situations that involve scanning different objects. It's really difficult and smart as it is ruthless. Sure it's extremely fun, but just trying to get to the next level can be usually difficult for some teenagers. Though the graphics for this game is amazing and spectacular. The gunfire shootings and pack in forth laser battles are somewhat unrealistic but really fun and exciting. At first you're in a space ship using the controls which was really neat and interesting. It's also very thrilling including in the main titles before you reach the main menu screen. This game is definitely enjoyable once you finally get the hang of it, you start smiling and become obsessed. A little over the top, but it was magnificent. You actually feel like your there in the battle inside the game being Samus. I remember I was facing the first boss and I was walking around the room trying to beat the bad guy. It's really a true and pure masterpiece. Expand
  7. KevinR.
    Sep 4, 2007
    The beautiful conclusion to one of the best series in all of gaming, Metroid Prime 3 incorporates the best shooter control scheme ever into its already tried and true format. There is not a single complaint I have with the game.
  8. RobC.
    Nov 12, 2007
    From what i've played so far, it definately lives up to the fan expectations. Just like your nintendo big dogs, like zelda and mario. They progress and are still classic amazing games to date. If you've come to this game new and thought "this aint for me" well you'll have ahd to have grown up with the series as a child to know the true feeling you get from these games. They From what i've played so far, it definately lives up to the fan expectations. Just like your nintendo big dogs, like zelda and mario. They progress and are still classic amazing games to date. If you've come to this game new and thought "this aint for me" well you'll have ahd to have grown up with the series as a child to know the true feeling you get from these games. They still know how to make games. Expand
  9. ScottW.
    Nov 23, 2007
    This game is absolutly top notch. Barely a flaw to be seen, it's amazing how genius artisitc direction can make up for lack of HD graphics any day. The game is a little more shooty than the other prime games, and perhaps a little less adventury, but it's still the best game on Wii so far and should not be missed by anyway. The motion controls are far from gimmicky, making things This game is absolutly top notch. Barely a flaw to be seen, it's amazing how genius artisitc direction can make up for lack of HD graphics any day. The game is a little more shooty than the other prime games, and perhaps a little less adventury, but it's still the best game on Wii so far and should not be missed by anyway. The motion controls are far from gimmicky, making things like tearing enemies shields off and unlocking combination locks all the more interactive. Expand
  10. CarlosD.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Personally I hate FPS but metroid has changed my way of thinking, controls, interactiveness and non dizzyness 3D graphics has made this sport crazy fan..a first person fan!!!!
  11. CarlosM.
    Oct 30, 2007
    I'm sure this game is not perfect, but it is truly hard to find anything this game does wrong. I don't know why people is giving this game such low scores. I give it a 10 because i think it's closer to it than a 9. I think this game should be played by anyone that thinks that FPS are all the same, this one is not, this one is better in my opinion. It even makes worth buying I'm sure this game is not perfect, but it is truly hard to find anything this game does wrong. I don't know why people is giving this game such low scores. I give it a 10 because i think it's closer to it than a 9. I think this game should be played by anyone that thinks that FPS are all the same, this one is not, this one is better in my opinion. It even makes worth buying a Wii just for this one game, it's that good, so.... do it! Expand
  12. JesseS.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Best Wii Game yet. Best game on any platform that I've played in the last year. The shooting controls are perfect. The graphics are stunning. The sound is phenomenal. The puzzles are difficult, but I haven't run into one yet that I'd consider too hard. If you have a Wii, get this game. If you don't have a Wii, buy one ASAP.
  13. RobertH.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Petty nit pickigns aside (i wish I could turn faster), this game is flat out fantastic. A must buy for any Wii owner
  14. TroyB.
    Aug 29, 2007
    This game is epic in scope and features impressive graphics and gameplay. The control. is precise and the game is a must-own.
  15. AdamD.
    Aug 29, 2007
    One day down... and this game is stunning visually and through the way it controls. Although the graphics are not up to par with the X360 or PS3, the art direction in this game is unparralled (The only game that comes close this year is Bioshock... another GOTY candidate). In addition, with the new Wii controls, I am finally enjoying a console FPS. Props to Retro and props to Nintendo. One day down... and this game is stunning visually and through the way it controls. Although the graphics are not up to par with the X360 or PS3, the art direction in this game is unparralled (The only game that comes close this year is Bioshock... another GOTY candidate). In addition, with the new Wii controls, I am finally enjoying a console FPS. Props to Retro and props to Nintendo. Good to see old enemies rearing thir big brainy heads. Expand
  16. GrahamA.
    Aug 29, 2007
    I would not call it perfect but it is closer to 10 than a 9. Controls worked great and it is the first game that looks like it should visually on the wii.
  17. RahulS.
    Aug 30, 2007
    Amazing game ont the wii that 360 and PS people should be jealous for. This game is o good, and the graphics are BEAUTIFUL!! they have graphics comparable to bioshock.
  18. RonR.
    Aug 31, 2007
    The most incredible control in any game I have ever played! Incredibly exciting and immersive. Any game that makes me think about it while I'm not even playing it is a great game in my books!
  19. Sammy
    Aug 30, 2007
    Absolutely stunning. This game well deserves this 10. The visuals amaze, but it's the gameplay that brings the series to a whole new level. On the advanced sensitivity, the controls feel unbelievably intuitive and natural. Other motion controlled mechanics such as grappling and pulling levers work wonders as well. the game isn't just a straight up shooter, it's a full scale Absolutely stunning. This game well deserves this 10. The visuals amaze, but it's the gameplay that brings the series to a whole new level. On the advanced sensitivity, the controls feel unbelievably intuitive and natural. Other motion controlled mechanics such as grappling and pulling levers work wonders as well. the game isn't just a straight up shooter, it's a full scale adventure. Other shooters like Halo or Unreal could learn from this. It's about time a game in this genre does something unique. Expand
  20. Mike
    Sep 1, 2007
    Love this game, brings back a few old bosses, great gameplay and smooth precise control, easy to master. 10/10!!
  21. BrendanC.
    Sep 1, 2007
    Awsome, beat the game in normal difficulty with 100%. Only complaints is too short. Incredible ending to incredible series. Metroid Prime: 9.8/10 Metroid Prime 2 : 9.5/10 Metroid Prime 3: 9.6/10 Overall Series Review: 9.9/10 Reason: when have you ever played a game series where everygame is worthy of a 9.5/10 or higher. Best first person single player series ever.
  22. RichardH.
    Sep 14, 2007
    Im 30 hours in and still have a while to play, and loving every second of it. This game is creative. Its clever. Its fun. It the greatest use of the Wiimote and Nunchuck. And, graphically, it gives 360 a big run for its money. May I add that, the "morph ball" element of this game is so amazing. If I could give it a 20 out of 10, I would.
  23. DylanS.
    Sep 2, 2007
    This is posibly the best wii game i have ever played it has perfect controls and amazing graphics. by far the best shooter game nintendo has ever made keep up the good work.
  24. Tupac
    Sep 2, 2007
    This was the first metroid game i ever played and i loved it. It's pretty much zelda with a gun. Same type of puzzle solving and whatnot. It's great.
  25. RayX
    Sep 27, 2007
    Simply on of the best game of 2007. Perfect controls, awesome Level design, with a game design faithful to the series.
  26. JustinE.
    Sep 3, 2007
    The graphics are the best I've seen so far on the Wii, and the framerate is an amazing 60 fps. The story is really good and the controls are really smooth. I love the Metroid Prime series, but even people that have never played any of the games before would love this. Amazing game!!!
  27. MikaR.
    Sep 5, 2007
    They nailed the story, gameplay, controls and graphics/sound. Best game on the Wii yet (or any other next-gen system).
  28. AdamF.
    Sep 6, 2007
    Can't believe this game only got a 91 so far. Seriously, Corruption is one of the best games ever made. Thanks to the art direction and use of lighting, the graphics are the best the Wii has seen, and the new FPS controlles will make any hardcore shooter fan want to get a Wii. Who cares if it is basically the same as its predecessors? Its practically flawless.
  29. MaxR.
    Sep 8, 2007
    This game should not be ranked as second best on the Wii. A 91 does not even begin to describe the quality of Metroid Prime 3. The Metroid series has always been great but the first time they ever did something radically different was when they brought the series into 3D. This game goes out there and does many things that people just weren't expecting from a Metroid game. They This game should not be ranked as second best on the Wii. A 91 does not even begin to describe the quality of Metroid Prime 3. The Metroid series has always been great but the first time they ever did something radically different was when they brought the series into 3D. This game goes out there and does many things that people just weren't expecting from a Metroid game. They included voice acting which is a first for the series and also a first for Nintendo. Although there are many games that are superb on the Wii, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4, they all began life on the Gamecube. Metroid Prime 3 is the first true Wii game. It was built from the ground up for the Wii and helps remind you what exactly you got your Wii for. For magnificent gameplay experiences like this. There are three control sensitivity settings, but the advanced setting is really the way to go. After the first level with that setting you'll be taking out enemies in no time. The game also features something called Lock-on Free-aim. This allows you to lock on to a target, but still be able to aim anywhere you want while the locked on target becomes your strafe point. You can also turn it off if you just want your shots to shoot what you're locked on to. This is roughly a twenty hour adventure and i loved every second of it. This is the one true Wii game out there. It is THE reason to own a Wii and the reason to pick one up if you haven't already. It proves that an FPS-style game can be done on a Wii if the developer just steps it up. I can not see this game as deserving anything less than a perfect 10. Expand
  30. JonathanA
    Feb 19, 2008
    My least favorite of the Metroid Prime trilogy, despite some refinements in the design of the game that I think are worthwhile. The action is improved. Using the wii remote to interact directly with the world and in fights feels great. I also liked the stacking upgrades instead of how you collected and switched between them in the other two games. But Corruption also leaves behind a lot My least favorite of the Metroid Prime trilogy, despite some refinements in the design of the game that I think are worthwhile. The action is improved. Using the wii remote to interact directly with the world and in fights feels great. I also liked the stacking upgrades instead of how you collected and switched between them in the other two games. But Corruption also leaves behind a lot of what made Metroid appealing to me in the two previous games. This game never maintains the same feeling of being lost in a vast alien world as the other two entries did. Instead you fly around to numerous locations and it gives the game a much more compact feel, ironically, despite it stretching to multiple planets. It's a shame because each of these alien worlds features spectacular art direction and I longed to be free to immerse myself more fully in their landscapes. Corruption establishes itself at the very beginning as an action-first game, which I imagine will appeal to a broader audience but also makes it less original and that much less of a true Metroid game. You practically stumble upon upgrades instead of exploring and figuring out puzzles to find them. I found nothing special in the morph ball puzzles or in the boss battles....which I thought were TERRIBLE, with the single exception of the first free-fall fight with Ridley. Also, you are absolutely not alone on this adventure, which I think may be what truly robs Corruption of a lot of its atmosphere. You're given orders from higher ups in the military, making Samus out to be a hero for the goodguys instead of a lone vigilant exploring lost regions of space...at times, I felt like Retro Studios was really trying to make Samus to be more of a Master Chief sort of hero. Let Samus be Samus. She feels out of place when leading troops and taking part in military meetings. Expand

#3 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#6 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Even with a low difficulty level, lackluster story and flawed unlockables, Metroid Prime 3 is certainly a must-play for Wii owners.
  2. A true gamer's game, a lovingly crafted science-fiction magnum opus, a showcase title not only for excellent motion controls but also stunning artwork that rivals anything in gaming.
  3. Proof that not all sequels are quick attempts to cash in; Corruption takes the already outstanding formula of the previous games and retools it into one of the most solid and rewarding experiences in years.