7.8

1. Jan 9, 2012
    Just boring. Can't say much. You make your car, you go on a racing and other stuff, and that's it. what a piece of damn bore. I rather play a stupid Hello Kitty game then NFS.
  2. Jul 3, 2011
    This is one of the best racing games I have ever played. Granted, the 360 version was vastly superior for graphics and feel (emphasis on feel), but this is a solid racer for the Wii and similar in most of the ways that count. People who complain about the controls cannot be trusted- there are 5 schemes that all play differently so at least one of them should work for anybody. Overall an 8This is one of the best racing games I have ever played. Granted, the 360 version was vastly superior for graphics and feel (emphasis on feel), but this is a solid racer for the Wii and similar in most of the ways that count. People who complain about the controls cannot be trusted- there are 5 schemes that all play differently so at least one of them should work for anybody. Overall an 8 out of 10 for being an inferior port of a near perfect game. Expand
  3. MikeG.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Not a bad game,great control options. i'm really looking for more cars, real tracks and real damage/cornering/braking strategies. its a typical nfs, updated (aka EA yearly update).please nintendo give us a gran turismo/forza motorsports type game. and mariocart does not count.
  4. RonaldoF.
    Oct 24, 2007
    This a pretty good game with perfectly functional controls. It is not that hard to control as many of the magazines have said, which makes me wonder how much time they invested to learn how to play it.
  5. TL.
    Oct 1, 2007
    Even though its a port over, still a good game. It would have been a ten if they would have spent a little bit more time with the controls on the menu. The controls on the street are hard at first, but you get the hang of it. I am a big fan of the NFS series, and this is a fun game to play.
  6. AJay
    Sep 2, 2007
    Tight controls (once you get used to them) and awsome gameplay and costemization options allow for hours of fun!
  7. TylerA.
    Apr 14, 2007
    This was my first NFS ame and I only have it because I got it for free with my Wii. At first I didn't really like it, then as soon as I changed the controls I loved it. I think the Wii version got lower because all the critics used the defult controls which I can't even master even after nearly four months of owning it. Its graphics are obviously GameCube standard but they are This was my first NFS ame and I only have it because I got it for free with my Wii. At first I didn't really like it, then as soon as I changed the controls I loved it. I think the Wii version got lower because all the critics used the defult controls which I can't even master even after nearly four months of owning it. Its graphics are obviously GameCube standard but they are still pretty good. The soundtrack is okay, it depends on what genre you like and how you change it. This game really depends on the controls you use to enjoy it. I would reccomend it to racing fans. Expand
  8. DC
    Mar 6, 2007
    I use the "hold like steering wheel" control scheme, and find it works great after some learning curve. Already won a bunch of races. Pretty good graphics and customization of cars. Wish the game had some more track variety (i.e. some in day, more cars or people while racing).
  9. ShaneS.
    Feb 8, 2007
    As having been a player of this game for a solid few weeks it's obvious that most reviewers didn't adapt to this very natural ability of playing because of being used to joystick control.... but this game rocks pretty smoothly. Graphics are PS2 ported but the feel of the game (once adapting to the new way of playing) is just beautiful. You lean to throw your car around before As having been a player of this game for a solid few weeks it's obvious that most reviewers didn't adapt to this very natural ability of playing because of being used to joystick control.... but this game rocks pretty smoothly. Graphics are PS2 ported but the feel of the game (once adapting to the new way of playing) is just beautiful. You lean to throw your car around before you get to corners so you can then nitrous around corners once you re-jerk-tilt the wiimote to straighten your car back up, and once you get used to it it feels second nature, but most importantly it feels "right". It doesn't feel that way at the start, you just have to let go of your preconceptions of how to play going in, like most wii titles, and you will be rewarded with fun for your patience. Expand
  10. Jan 9, 2012

1. Sorry to say it, but the Wii version's at the bottom of the list for Carbon. It's not redefining the street racing genre, but at times it can still hit a sweet spot blend of intensity, danger and style.
  2. It feels more like you're controlling a puppet on strings rather than a Lotus Elise. [Christmas 2006, p.75]
  3. Need for Speed Carbon on the Wii contains some unique driving control options, but none of them can escape the sensation that this game simply wasn't built for motion control.