Need for Speed Undercover Wii

6.2

1. JohnSmith
    Dec 26, 2009
    The game is very,very, very short, it took me 4 hours to complete the game on the expert setting. The be a cop mode in career is a complete failure, the cars you're chasing barely move. The cars are unrealistic; my Porsche can go 400+. In the multi-player mode you can't see ahead of you very far if you are playing with 3 or 4 players. The game is way overpriced considering all The game is very,very, very short, it took me 4 hours to complete the game on the expert setting. The be a cop mode in career is a complete failure, the cars you're chasing barely move. The cars are unrealistic; my Porsche can go 400+. In the multi-player mode you can't see ahead of you very far if you are playing with 3 or 4 players. The game is way overpriced considering all the facts above. The only thing that I thought was successful was the drifting aspect. The game has plenty of glitches like the one where you go into a wall and suddenly you're going at 1857 KPH. That's just plain stupid. A game should be thought through wisely and tested before being released to the public. Once you've finished the game there's not much you can really do except drive around the really small map and get into a cop chase that lasts about 1 minute. I don't recommend purchasing this game. Expand

#41 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008

1. Need for Speed Undercover lacks challenge, struggles technically, and practically requires sunglasses to play. The framework for a stronger game is present, but the final product simply doesn't come close to competing with games like "Midnight Club: LA" or "Burnout Paradise."
    Not a good game by any stretch of the definition. It has numerous technical problems, including cars that don't appear until you get close to them and a poor enough overall visual quality that it can be hard to make out the track. The open world setting is misused as many races are closed off, and the driving mechanics on the whole are uninspired.
  3. Nintendo Power
    The racing itself is arcadey fun--though it can get annoyingly repetitive, especially when you spend a long time trying to evade the cops. [Holiday 2008, p.87]