8.3

1. Oct 5, 2010
    When the only negative reviews are saying "It's too hard"..you know it's really really good Mario. This is the best 2D platformer of the 00's. It is a joy to play and I can't recommend it enough. 16 million and going..the game is a blast!. Deserves a A+ for the brilliant gameplay. I love the graphics, esp. the enemies and Mario's animations. The Koopalings are back from Mario 3 and Mario World. Just buy it..lol. Expand
  2. Apr 5, 2012
    This is the best episode of Mario I played. Can play a lot of people and the story mode and more successful, the proper graphics and gameplay is really correct. For me, it's Mario is the best all of Mario.
  3. Fix
    Jun 21, 2012
    You can play this game at your own pace. If you're just into racing to Bowser, you can do that. But, if you're looking for a serious challenge, the 3 coins in every stage are going to take a lot of patience, skill, luck, and time. This has been the first Mario game that I've felt I don't have the skills to finish 100% completion. My only complaint about this game is the gimmicky motion control for the spin jump. I can't tell you how many times I accidentally shook the controller during an intense moment, thus activating the spin jump at the worst time possible. I don't throw my arms around when I play either, it's just very sensitive. I would give 10 stars if the shaking of the controller action was mapped differently or it supported a classic controller. Expand
  4. Dec 11, 2013
    This game pays tribute to former games glory, difficulty, and story. Actually, that was it's only downside, the fact that I knew Bowser was gonna pull his same old trick. But, then, the game absorbed me into fun levels, new power-ups and enemies, and Toad houses to win 1-Ups, Power-ups, and Star Powers in every world.
  5. Oct 7, 2010
    I was really excited for this game, but just in case it was gonna be crap I rented it. I was pretty happy I rented It cause I beat it in like 3 days, but thats how addicting it was. For hours I just played by myself in my basement. Its not better then new super mario bros. DS though.
  6. Oct 7, 2010
    Fantastic! New Super Mario Bros. Wii takes all the great things about previous side scrolling Mario games and makes it even better. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a great party game. It starts out easy and builds up the difficulty from world to world. I hope there is a second Mario Bros. Wii game.
  7. Nov 2, 2010
    This is arguably one of the best mario games ever! It has great graphics and music, simple controls, brilliant solo player and hectic multiplayer. Its a essential game for any wii owner.
  8. Oct 16, 2010
    This is the best game I've ever gotten for the wii. I really don't understand all those negative reviews. the multiplayer is awesome and putting the two toads as playable characters was a nice touch. Nintendo, you've done it again!!!
  9. Oct 19, 2010
    This game is all about fun. It doesn't provide too much challenge, but the multiplayer in itself is enough difficulty. It gets very hectic when four players are trying to accurately time jumps, meaning usually at least one of them will get accidentlly (or purposely) stomped down the pit. The game gives the tools to mess up other players, such as picking them up and then throwing them. The new suits, propeller and penguin, work well also. Very much worth it, but prepare for craziness. Expand
  10. Oct 29, 2010
    NSMBW is the second best Mario game I have seen and one of the best choices on family/single gaming I have ever had the pleasure of playing! All the new costumes, plus the bosses, plus the numerous new levels with the flagpole at the end, means the best 2D plat-former I have played.
  11. Nov 15, 2011
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii is one of the best game on the Nintendo Wii. Yes, it's another 2D Mario platformer, but what's wrong with that? The game adds new spice to the old Mario platforming and with the addition of a fan and frantic 4 player multiplayer, with every stage you visit playable, it's well worth the money.
  12. Nov 12, 2010
    Fantastic fun game, 100% quality execution as you would expect from Nintendo, but so hard and unforgiving, much like arcade games of old! This game will annoy the hell out of you but keep you coming back for more. Unfortunately for the younger kids this will be way too hard.
    Took of 1 score for being too hard! ;)
  13. Oct 15, 2011
    A little hard at first but you get used to it. The thing that i think they tried to do was try and remind you of early days while still trying to be new and modern, but it doesn't remind me of the early marios. Its insanely fun though, i highly recommend it to people who love platforming, and multiplayer games. I truly loved this game and had a great time.
  14. May 17, 2011
    This is one of my all time favorite Mario games but I find it hard yes but it is fun! Another Gripe I have is I can't play as Luigi. I also think the Multiplayer isn't great. I'd say stick to the Single Player Mode.
  15. Sep 4, 2011
    Not the best Super Mario Bros. game out there, but definitely not a bad game either. Although the game can be hard at time, this game is packed with game play, fun boss fights, and even another world at the end of the game.
  16. Oct 18, 2011
    imo best 2d mario game evar so get out and buy, the only mario game i can thin of thats beter id=s kart wii, but thats just what i though of now so...

still, if u like everything decent about life, youd get this 98% good game, wouldnt you
  17. Sep 18, 2011
    Bottom line, this is a rock solid addition to the Mario franchise. Although lacking the immersive gameplay and environments of titles like Mario 64, Mario Galaxy (2), it isn't meant to be that kind of game. The graphics are flawless and it's design is equally as entertaining as the gameplay. Finally a modern platforming game with 3D graphics in 2D environments that doesn't suck! Not only that but it's just super fun. Sure it's a little on the short side but if you try to get all of the level 9 worlds opened (which IS challenging) and also take into account the hilarious multiplayer, you have another great addition to your collection. The multiplayer does come with some intentional problems, namely the characters having squishy heads you bounce off of and running into each other or off screen but, that is what makes it more challenging to take on with a friend. There is even a competitive mode if you don't play well with others or want some laughs. Any Mario fan will love this and if you own a Wii and like platform games, this is a good purchase. Expand
  18. Oct 23, 2011
    This game is classic Mario and being a HUGE Mario fan since super Mario Bros. 3 I found this game very highly entertaining and with awesome co-op, stomping goombas, kicking koopa shells and trying to throw each other off the edge was extreeeeeemly fun and entertaining. The story was pretty much the same "Mario, help me, Bowser has kidnapped me" etc. but I didn't mind that as it reminded me that Mario hasn't changed too much since the very start. Also the inclusion of Yoshi instantly brought a smile to my face being able to swallow koopas and then spit out the shells was awesome. And I've heard people saying that this game was hard, but I completely disagree. I had hours of fun with this game and I felt so good when I got that kiss on the cheek from peach after I rescued her (Even though I just rescued her from a demon-turtle-dragon-thing). Expand
  19. Nov 1, 2011
    My 2nd favorite Multiplayer game for the Nintendo Wii besides Smash Bros. This game offers fantastic multiplayer fun factor. Yoshi up to for players at one time defeating Bowser's minion friends. Mario teams up with Luigi and two Toads to grab a Yoshi friend and bring it! One of the best multiplayer games for the Wii. Highly suggested! Fun fun and more fun!
  20. Dec 5, 2011
    Mario makes his way into the multiplayer market for a main game in the series, very successfully. Everything works in the game; the graphics are fantastic, the gameplay is as solid as ever, the music is great fun and it's a blast to play multiplayer. Now, the Co-op, the big draw of the game. I enjoyed it a fair amount and I'm sure some people will absolutely love it, but I personally found the game more fun and easier to play in single player. All in all a fantastically fun Mario game that doesn't reach the dizzying heights of the Galaxy games. I highly recommend it to anybody with a Wii. Expand
  21. Nov 7, 2011
    It is even better than New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo DS. It is better because it has a much higher difficulty and you can play the game with 3 others at once!
  22. Oct 8, 2012
    New Super Mario Bros Wii brings old and new aspects to the Mario Universe. If you are a fan of the traditional Mario games you will love this game like the older games, if you are a new fan to the Mario Universe, you are in for a treat because this game is both great for veteran and new players alike. The game includes a decent storyline (for new fans), an amazing gameplay structure, beautiful visuals and an amazing soundtrack. If that isn't enough, you now have access to multiplayer with up to 4 players at the same time to assist or to enjoy the game with you. Expand
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fun game! Even if you play this single player, it is a worthy entry in the Mario series.

The bulk of the fun comes from multiplayer. While it can be frustrating at times, especially with newer players, the fun factor increases as people become more comfortable with the game. In a nutshell, it's a traditional 2D Mario game with multiplayer but you don't have to take turns. It's a fantastic experience.

So why not a 10? The difficulty. I don't mind difficult games. I have fun with easy games as well. The problem with this Mario game is the first 8 worlds are relatively on the easy side. The difficulty goes up progressively as you move from world to world but it is still manageable. The problem I have is when you successfully collect all of the star coins from Worlds 1-8. After you accomplish this, a special World 9 opens. The difficulty in World 9 almost gets to the point of not wanting to finish the game. It can get extremely frustrating. Again, I don't mind difficulty in games but I was completely unprepared for World 9. If you want to finish the game (and I did), be prepared to be patient and be almost perfect to complete this World.

Other than this one minor gripe, I recommend this game for everyone!
  24. Nov 21, 2011
    This is a brilliant Mario Game, much much better than the DS title with a similar name. It's a fairly tough game, but no more so than any of the other old school mario games. The graphics look great, it's a joy to finally see a 2d platformer done this well. The game is clearly made with 1 player in mind due to most of the levels accommodation for on space, so the co-op element of the game can be a bit annoying at times as you bounce off each other, but it's still a lot of fun and is worth doing. If you own a Wii and don't own this, why do you own a wii? Expand
  25. Dec 25, 2011
    Game play, graphics, level design, items, bosses and even Yoshi make this a top notch entry into the Super Mario Bros. franchise. It's possible to breeze bye the game. Completing it 100% however is another story. The multi-player experience will prove an enjoyable and frustrating one.
  26. Jan 13, 2012
    Another great idea from Nintendo...combine the old style of playing with the new graphics. A very long game, not easy but not too hard, set in the classic variety of scenarios (deserts, snow, forests, clouds,ghosts-castles, mountains,and more).It can be played with 1 up to 4 users together ( I think 2 players mode is better) and you can decide to help your friends to win, or help to lose.There are new skills: Mario penguins, that allows you to slide on the ice and swim better; Mario helicopter, to fly high and than plane; and in some levels there's Yoshi. One of the most beautiful features in the game: in each level there are 3 special coins, sometimes visible, sometimes hidden; if you take all the coins in every world, something happens......So, I don't understand again who gave a negative score. Somebody said the movements are too slow and were better in Mario bros 3(it was a great game!), but I personally think that the movements are very good (and more realistic)for this new version.As said NateSc, "I cannot find a fault in this game"...perhaps there's a fault:there isn't a successor, New Super Mario Bros wii 2 !!â Expand
  27. Feb 1, 2012
    Super Mario Bros. Wii takes you back to the old school days of Mario while still incorporating newer, improved technology. This game is like the classic version of Super Mario that was originally made for Super Nintendo on steroids. The graphics are way better, obviously. Itâ
  28. Oct 5, 2012
    Nintendo have worked fantastic on this game. Lots of effort has been put into making it one of the best Mario games out there. The multiplayer function is great, having four people playing at once is complete chaos. Loads of characters from previous Mario games return back, many old bosses from Super Mario World are back again, and the game is perfect for young children, being quite difficult, gradually getting harder. Expand
  29. Nov 29, 2012
    This is a classic mario side scroller, with enough new twists to make it worth the pick up. The game looks gorgeous but familiar. The ability to play with multiple people at once is fun at first but quickly descends into choas. If you are easily annoyed or are playing it with siblings remove all breakable items from the room first, however; in a party type scenario it can be a hoot. You know mario you know what your getting classic stages that look better, with the ability to play together I think this is a must own for the system. Expand
  30. Dec 29, 2012
    New Super Mario Bros Wii é sem dúvidas um jogo bastante divertido, e talvez, até um dos mais divertidos do Nintendo Wii. O jogo não é enjoativo, e garante horas de diversão, porém é um jogo muito mais fácil e rápido se comparado com os outros jogos da série Mario (inclusive se você estiver no modo multiplayer). E apesar da arquitetura do controle atrapalhar um pouco, tem uma jogabilidade perfeita e elementos tanto conhecidos quanto inovadores, combinados com os recursos do Wii, fazem deste jogo não só mais um Super Mario Bros, e sim um New Super Mario Bros Wii. Expand
  31. May 4, 2013
    The new power-ups are Propeller Mario, Ice Mario and Penguin Mario. This is a fantastic game to play. I like th coin battle and the levels are really fun. There are lots of new bad guys like Bowser's minions such as Baby Bowser. It is a fun adventure and takes a long time to complete. There are checkpoints in the game so if you find a flag with a Bowser face on it you can turn from mini Mario to big Mario if you touch the flag. The jumping and spinning is good fun. When you play multi-player you can bubble up to catch up with your friend if you have died. A cool thing to do if you are playing multi-player and press 2 and backflip at the same time it will make an ultra ground pound. Expand
  32. May 4, 2013
    I really like this game because you can unlock levels after level 9 and you get lots of different suits that Mario can wear. My favourite suits are Flower, Ice Mario, Penguin Mario and Propeller Mario.
  33. Jul 19, 2013
    It could seem like an old idea, but when you play the game for the first time in Wii, the first thing that you say it will be: why nobody did that before?Playing the classic with three friends more never was this funny. A lot of levels, bright difficulty level, from taking a walk to trying to not step into the lava... Really good game, could be a bit better technically or have more modes if you want a perfect game, but is great as it is. Expand
  34. Aug 26, 2013
    Not the best 2D mario to date, but Bew Super Mario Bros brings classic mario gameplay together with multiplayer.
    The basic concept and design has barely changed, but level design in brimming with new ideas. There are some new power-ups, including the propeller, which lets you soar into the air for a short amount of time. It sounds cool, and it is, but it's also a cheat in my opinion- it
    ruins many of the star coins.
    The next new power-up is ice mario. This lets you freeze enemies then chuck their frozen bodies at other enemies. This is a good power-up, though the good ol' fire flower beats it by a mile. Lastly there's penguin. This is merely ice power with a few extra abilities. So it's not really new. The fire flower also returns, good news for any mario fan.
    One of the biggest additions to New super mario bros wii is multiplayer. This is great, chaotic fun due to players getting in the way of each other. While this may sound bad, in reality, it just increases the challenge. But while someone powers up, gets hiy or dues, the screen freezes for a split second. So if you're making a jump when that happens, the momentary freeze will de-sync your jump, probably cause you to plummet to your doom. This results in largely broken multiplayer.
    The graphics and sound of NSMBwii are good, but hardly great. The music is the same sort of bubbly, predictable, but catchy tracks you heard in New Super Mario Bros, while the graphics are a bit disappointing, even for a wii game.
    Level design, meanwhile, is the mario we've come to know. Every single level is created with skill, offering a decent challenge and throwing in many different mechanics, though I was disapointed in the lack of many uses for the wiimotes motion sensing.
    The bosses are the same ones from mario world- the koopa kids. Each has a twist that changes it from an average boss fight to something special. Every single boss is different and well thought out.
    In conclusion, NSMB wii is a fantastic game, and one of the best 2D platformers on the wii. It does have flaws- mainly broken multiplayer and lacklustre visuals and music- but overall, it's a challenging game any fan of platforming games will enjoy.
  35. Feb 6, 2014
    one most fun mario game that i have ever enjoyed
    new super mario bros wii has mario back in 2d and yes 2d not a 3d super mario game but a 2d again, this has one fun moments ever bring new things like toad houses and saving items to use them later i had alot fun using the wii remote for this game
  36. Apr 29, 2014
    THE GOOD: Mario's sidescrolling adventures have always been brilliant, but they never were strong in the co-op department. This game changes that. Being able to go through levels with friends is even better. But this is an experience that is fun both alone and with friends. Level design and graphics are improved from the original NSMB on the DS. The game is visually appealing from beginning to end. Boss battles have more variety. The final boss is one of the best boss battles ever in a Mario game.

THE BAD: Why stop at 9 worlds? I wish there were even more of them to play through. A level builder would've been really cool as well. And I guess there is also a part of me that wishes there was an online mode.

Overall, this is a quality game that i'll likely enjoy for years to come. MUST BUY! MUST OWN!
  37. Jan 14, 2014
    It's good! It's as good as Paper Mario. I like playing it with my Mom and my Dad. It can be four players. There's a castle and you only have an amount of time in each level to get through it. If you don't get it, it's time up. You can also get stuff for Mario.

jonah age 5
  38. Jan 26, 2014
    Very Good. Recently bought a Wii to get in on last gen for cheap (skipped last gen entirely). This is a faithful recreation of traditional Mario game-play. Best Mario game on the console (Galaxy is kind of boring and Paper Mario disappoints me).
  39. Apr 4, 2014
    since when iw was little i loved this game i always never forget it . Grade A+ ..................................................................................................
  40. May 31, 2014
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii is better than the first game in EVERY WAY. From the gameplay, graphics, to EVERYTHING ELSE, this game is a blast to play. The only thing I hate about this game is the difficulty spike (World 5 & 8.......just saying) and the "too chaotic and cheap" multiplayer mode.
  41. Jun 28, 2014
    positive: first time that there are the koopa bros after Mario bros 3, two new power-ups (penguin and propellor), an entertaining story, one of the finest wii controles, GREAT music, epic bosses and FFFFFFUUUUUUNNNNN multiplayer mode.
    negative: not THE most creative game ever, star world gets cheap.........that's it.
    ONE OF MY FAVORITE MARIO GAMES OF ALL TIME.
    it is so good too play.
  42. Jul 26, 2014
    My Dad and I played and completed this game in one night. Although it didn't use motion controls, it was still a fun game, and the graphics were great. Nintendo did a great job with this one. Defiantly recommend it for a Mario fan.

1. Enjoying Mario in the genre that saw him born is always a great pleasure, even if you are not a fan of the platform titles. Nintendo returns to its specialty: to offer hours and hours of fun by giving us games with their own personality and a shellproof gameplay.
    That sense of cohesiveness isn't always present in New Super Mario Bros. and it makes for an uneven experience that's difficult to score.
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii is an excellent game with friends, and I had a great deal of challenging fun with the solo mode. But if you’re looking for a new Mario adventure that’s tailored to creating the maximum amount of fun for just one person, you’ll have to wait for next year’s Super Mario Galaxy 2.