• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jan 26, 2010
8.8

1. Jun 27, 2011
    No More Heroes 2 is freaking epic! A lot of video games these days lack the personality of NMH2. Travis Touchdown is quirky, tough, and downright funny. The bosses are all spectacular and deliver great dialogue. I was excited every time I encountered one. The open world from the first game was taken away and replaced with a menu based interface. I have no complaints about that as you getNo More Heroes 2 is freaking epic! A lot of video games these days lack the personality of NMH2. Travis Touchdown is quirky, tough, and downright funny. The bosses are all spectacular and deliver great dialogue. I was excited every time I encountered one. The open world from the first game was taken away and replaced with a menu based interface. I have no complaints about that as you get to go here and there really quickly (I will miss collecting stuff though). The whole story is great and really funny. The combat has been improved and now you get to double wield a pair of beam katanas. No More Heroes 2 is a great game that proves serious gamers can have fun on the Wii (you also want to check out MadWorld). I give it a 9.75! Expand
  2. Oct 21, 2012
    This game gets a 10 because of its simple, fun combat system, multiple boss fights, and one of the best messages ever given to the player through gameplay alone, that revenge isn't all it's cut out to be.
  3. Jun 21, 2013
    This is without a doubt one of the best games the Wii has to offer. No More Heroes 2 is a stylish game with amazing boss fights, hilarious moments, and ridiculously fun action. It's certainly not perfect, far from it. But it's just too stylish and fun to fault for its imperfections.
    Many game developers try to make great games but fail to make them actually entertaining. Making games fun to play is an area that Grasshopper Manufacture excels at, and this game is evidence of that.
    This is Suda 51's best game to date (with the original NMH in 2nd).
  4. James
    Jan 26, 2010
    Fast-paced, frenetic, and above all else dripping with style, No More Heroes 2 delivers on everything that the original game should have been. For such a spectacular game to be launched on the same day as blockbuster titles such as Mass Effect 2, it deserves every ounce of praise it can garner.
  5. JoeB.
    Jan 26, 2010
    The most over-the-top action GAME on the Wii! The reason why I said game in all caps was because this game makes you feel like you are playing a game instead of a movie. It does not take it self seriously and instead has the most corniest and craziest voice acting this generation.
  6. ChrisC.
    Jan 27, 2010
    I loved the wackiness of the first game, combined with the extreme mature-warranting content and addictive combat it was hard to imagine how it could get any better, and besides the problems with the overworld and some of the side jobs, I didn't think it could. Wrong. WRONG. There are more boss battles and though they're ended a little quicker, they're more memorable with I loved the wackiness of the first game, combined with the extreme mature-warranting content and addictive combat it was hard to imagine how it could get any better, and besides the problems with the overworld and some of the side jobs, I didn't think it could. Wrong. WRONG. There are more boss battles and though they're ended a little quicker, they're more memorable with characters quick to become staples in the series wherever it may develop. The side jobs are incredibly fun. As for the new playable characters, Shinobi was give or take for me, but Henry was an absolute blast and I wish they focused more on him. But all in all, this may be the best sequel I've ever played that solidified the No More Heroes franchise as one of my favorites; to stay in my memory and heart forever. Expand
  7. MathewM
    Feb 12, 2010
    I would give this a 10, but the fights kind of dragged on near the end. In one level, I was fighting henchmen in the same area for about 30 minutes or possibly even an hour. I thought I had to do something to stop them from coming. It turned out that, no, I just had to keep fighting. It was annoying, But when I found out that I just had to keep fighting, It wasn't so bad. Enough of I would give this a 10, but the fights kind of dragged on near the end. In one level, I was fighting henchmen in the same area for about 30 minutes or possibly even an hour. I thought I had to do something to stop them from coming. It turned out that, no, I just had to keep fighting. It was annoying, But when I found out that I just had to keep fighting, It wasn't so bad. Enough of the bad and into the good now. The game has been improved in almost every way. The graphics, the fighting, and the pace in the game are all much better. Anyone who enjoyed the original MUST BUY THIS GAME! You will not regret it. Expand
  8. SantiagoV
    Feb 14, 2010
    PLEASE buy this game, i promise you, if you like blood, action and a twisted sense of humor and style (HARDCORE!!), you won't regret it! Grasshoper Manufacture has stated this is the last we'll see from NMH on Wii, so support this game so we can hopefully see a sequel on this console, and even if it isn't this saga, let's prove third-parties there are lots of hardcore PLEASE buy this game, i promise you, if you like blood, action and a twisted sense of humor and style (HARDCORE!!), you won't regret it! Grasshoper Manufacture has stated this is the last we'll see from NMH on Wii, so support this game so we can hopefully see a sequel on this console, and even if it isn't this saga, let's prove third-parties there are lots of hardcore gamers on Wii so they can take MATURE risks on this console. Expand
  9. ChrisB
    Feb 21, 2010
    The best beat 'em up I've played since God Hand, the best action game on the Wii, and one of the funniest video games of all time, to boot. The gameplay is super fun, Travis Touchdown is the biggest badass in history, and the music flat out rocks. It fixes all the problems from the first one and is definitely the best game released so far this year. I can't recommend it enough.
  10. MattA
    Feb 6, 2010
    No More heroes 2, the sequel to the first game released in 2008. Now, generally the removed alot of flaws in the new game, however removed a few things that made you wonder "why did they remove that?" Well, the main thing they removed that may piss someone off is a second secret ending, which was present in the first game. Another quick fault they felt was once every while your hand/arm No More heroes 2, the sequel to the first game released in 2008. Now, generally the removed alot of flaws in the new game, however removed a few things that made you wonder "why did they remove that?" Well, the main thing they removed that may piss someone off is a second secret ending, which was present in the first game. Another quick fault they felt was once every while your hand/arm would cramp up really badly (but it's a wii game, it happens sadly.) However there is much more good then bad. The game play has been smoothed out, and camera has been changed to an extend to improve it. Another positive is there is 3 characters that you can play as, and one can actually jump. Aside from that, graphics have improved and the increase in boss fights was a nice touch as well (or perhaps a nice touchdown.) Generally, if you're a fan of the first game by all mean pick up this game or your wii collection of games filled with boring games, a pick up would be recommended. Expand
  11. ChrisT.
    Jan 26, 2010
    I loved the first game. The sequel makes a good amount of changes and tweaks that overall makes the game more fun and polished. I probably the only few people that will miss driving your bike in Santa Destory, but hey at least you can do Boss matches right away now without having to save a big ton of money to move on in the story.
  12. JonasSelvig
    Jan 26, 2010
    Tried this game early, and what can I say... Except that it's totally AWESOME! Seriously, this is without a doubt the best game on the Wii, and one of the best games I have ever played! Get it today!
  13. KennyR.
    Feb 1, 2010
    Wow, just look at all of the good reviews for this game (both by users and critics alike). So much has been said already, I find it hard to add to the comments posted already. It
  14. WesM.
    Jan 27, 2010
    No More Heroes 2 is an improvement on its predecessor in just about every way. It looks nicer, it's more polished, and almost every flaw from the original game has either been fixed or addressed in some way. Gone is the barren, boring overworld, replaced with a map menu system that makes traveling much less of a burden. You don't need to do boring jobs to earn money to progress No More Heroes 2 is an improvement on its predecessor in just about every way. It looks nicer, it's more polished, and almost every flaw from the original game has either been fixed or addressed in some way. Gone is the barren, boring overworld, replaced with a map menu system that makes traveling much less of a burden. You don't need to do boring jobs to earn money to progress through the game anymore. The jobs are completely optional, and have been replaced with charming 8-bit minigames that look like they fit right in with the NES library, and are just as fun to play. Combat, while still simple in nature, has been refined and expanded, and is overall a lot more satisfying. If you've been starved for another good Wii exclusive, wait no longer--pick this game up. You won't regret it at all. Expand
  15. GaryB.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Clearly the most innovative game of the year. By innovation I mean the correct steps towards ways of gameplays that are unique and are showed in over the top ways. I love you No More Heroes 2.
  16. SamS.
    Jan 29, 2010
    As a big fan of the first game, playing NMH2 was extremely satisfying in some ways, but a little disappointing in others. I did have extremely high expectations, admittedly having even DREAMED of the game counting down the days to its release, so take my words with the grain of salt that comes from me being a fan of #1. First off, the graphics have been so awesomely improved its As a big fan of the first game, playing NMH2 was extremely satisfying in some ways, but a little disappointing in others. I did have extremely high expectations, admittedly having even DREAMED of the game counting down the days to its release, so take my words with the grain of salt that comes from me being a fan of #1. First off, the graphics have been so awesomely improved its ridiculous, and look amazing. I don't simply mean on a technical level, since some environments are huge, vivid, crisply textured, reflective, epic, and atmospheric with destructible scenery, but some are straight-up artistically gorgeous. The colors and the lighting - these are some of the best looking environments I've ever seen in a game, and in my opinion this is the best looking Wii game there is. The music, unlike the first game, isnt composed by Masafumi Takada, and carries less of the game's insane style than the first, but you'll still hear some great tracks and key pieces from the first along the way. The gameplay on the other hand is improved in every regard. Combat is faster and more frenetic, and slicing dudes to pieces is extremely satisfying. I'm disappointed that the over-world is out and replaced by 1 menu, which you cant even check your money from, but its a small gripe ultimately. The 8BIT job missions are a ton of fun, I mean several could've easily held their ground as independent NES titles back in the day. Finally, the lack of attention to each assassin is what disappointed me the most, since several assassins were basically given the silent treatment or had very little to say. As a result there's a lacking exchange of insane dialogue and characterization for some of them - the key ingredient which made the first game so epic. There are nonetheless more than 10 fights this time around with awesome dialogue, so overall its better than the first game, but anyone who wanted amazing intros with each and every assassin will be disappointed. Ultimately, this game is improved on the first in basically every way, and deserves attention for its outrageous insanity and blatantly awesome fun. Its like an anime in its craziness, and you wont find anything else like it. Expand
  17. LukeK.
    Jan 29, 2010
    A stylized, hedonistic action game that people with the necessary sense of humor will truly appreciate. Epic yet absurd battles combine with the hilariously self-aware dialogue to form a masterpiece.
  18. DominicP.
    Jan 31, 2010
    I would have honestly rated this game a 9.3 or 9.5 but it seems there is no option to do so. No More Heroes 2 is one of the most refreshing games in the most refreshing series to hit video games in recent years. It breaks the fourth wall in more ways than one, and had me dying of laughter from the extremely well done voice acting (minus one or two of the female characters). The script is I would have honestly rated this game a 9.3 or 9.5 but it seems there is no option to do so. No More Heroes 2 is one of the most refreshing games in the most refreshing series to hit video games in recent years. It breaks the fourth wall in more ways than one, and had me dying of laughter from the extremely well done voice acting (minus one or two of the female characters). The script is perfect for what No More Heroes is, the perfect spoof of all that has gone wrong or right in the era of videogames. The gameplay mechanics or improved over the original, still feels like there is room for improvement but solid none the less. Suda needs to continue this series because with this much improvement over the first iteration I can only imagine what will come next. Expand
  19. TravisTouchdown
    Feb 25, 2010
    I really can't review a game like this without naming every single seperate thought so here it goes~! Kind of a "been there done that" feeling in this one, but it's still phenominal. The bosses aren't as crazy as in the last game, but that's a hard standard to live up to. The final boss in particular is a crazy letdown. Combat is fun, but some levels last soooo long!! I really can't review a game like this without naming every single seperate thought so here it goes~! Kind of a "been there done that" feeling in this one, but it's still phenominal. The bosses aren't as crazy as in the last game, but that's a hard standard to live up to. The final boss in particular is a crazy letdown. Combat is fun, but some levels last soooo long!! The battle for rank four, I think it was, had me fighting for about an hour untill I actually got to the boss. I thought there was a glitch and it would never end. Also, the game is WAAAYY easier than the last one, and you only unlock hard mode AFTER you've beaten the game. The minigames are funner than the last one, but that's not saying much, they will run out of entertainment value long before you run out of things to buy. I also can't express how greatful I am that they took out the overworld from the last game. The reviewers seem to have failed to mention that this is a niche genre, so if you dont enjoy simple beat-em-up old school games than rent this one before you buy it. The game is 18 hours long, which is three hours longer than the last one, but when you factor in all the time you spent playing the minigames in the last one it's about twelve hours longer. I'm glad that there are no admission fees for bosses (which is how it should have been in the first place). A few gameplay flaws are that they took away camera controles for NO REASON which sucks if your anywhere near a wall, and caused me to fight the same boss 60 or something times because I couldn't see what was going on, and I'm being seriouse! Also, the hyped giant robot battle happens really early in the game. Overall, the possibilities are endless. If they give back camera controles, made the clothes you can buy less tacky (and that's saying something since I still like Ed Hardy shirts), ditch the extremely unfitting noire cutscenes, and continue improving the minigames than the possibilities are endless. That being said it left me really hopeing that this becomes a franchise with a billion sequels. Expand
  20. Sep 1, 2010
    this is one of my favourite releases this year, the humour, the controls, bloodiness, the music was absolutely perfect, its so god damn catchy "From Dusk Till Dawn" is my favourite tune, but i think the story sucked though, its not as good as the first game though in story, and i was getting hyped for the revenge idea "even though that storyline is over used"

but controls, graphics and

but controls, graphics and the rest has improved over the first game, but i seriously want to ride my motorcycle i reckon its dumb getting rid of it :(

but nether-less its a good game its worth a buy
  21. Apr 25, 2011
    I felt like I was playing Kill Bill the game; only way, way crazier. This is one of the best hardcore games on the Wii, along with games like MadWorld & Muramasa. Buy it now.
  22. Nov 7, 2010
    No More Heroes 1 was great, but this is simply amazing. Definitely one of the best games on the system. Seriously, if you're old enough and have a Wii, pick this game up NOW!
  23. Dec 27, 2011
    One of THE games to play on the Wii. Removing the fees to enter the matches was a great move, making the side missions only required to buy new weapons and to get Health/strength upgrades. Great humor, tight combat, but things can get a bit repetitive towards the end of the game.
  24. Mar 3, 2011
    I have a hard time deciding if this is the best game on the Wii or the best game [period] GRAPHICS: Perfect. It feels like playing a cartoon- an awesome cartoon. Great style and greater cool factor. 10/10
    ADVENTURE: Travis Touchdown may be the greatest murdering sociopath hero ever. Every encounter feels epic. Every character is memorable. The minigames, humor, and mindblowing awesomeness of it all just cannot be praised enough. 10/10
    MECHANICS: Solid. Except for one part playing as Shinobu (jump puzzle/boss fight) I never had any problem with the controls. They were fun (Wiiiii) and intuitive. 9/10
    EXTRAS: Did I mention how awesome everything about this game is? Desperate Struggle embraced and ridiculed everything that is gamer/anime/dork culture. I could spend the next 4213 characters explaining how lights out fantastic this game is, but then you would be wasting time not playing it which would be a horrible loss. 11/10
  25. May 2, 2011
    AHAHA! I love this game so much! Great art graphics and inventive bosses and weapons, as well as the great storyline and some of the funniest cutscenes. The only con are (this might be just my old Wii acting up though) the Cutscenes are choppy at some points. Such a bargain at £10, I recommend this to anyone who likes crude, yet funny humour and lots and lots of blood.
  26. Sep 10, 2011
    Fantastic gameplay, incredible characters, fantastic graphics, great comedy, great boss battles, fantastic music, and great amounts of unlockable material
  27. Nov 8, 2011
    this is a great game, amazing videos, fun beat em up gameplay with an insane story great visuals and a lot of retro mini games makes this a must have for older wii owners
  28. Dec 6, 2011
    An excellent game and much improved than the original but unfortunately is a bit too short.But it has great fighting, strange but interesting characters and at times emotional.Great game and along with the original, there is nothing like it.
  29. Jul 3, 2012
    Much better than the first game. It's a great title, good music, nice story and characters. The only things that can't stand are the gym and some minigames.
  30. Dec 1, 2012
    Reaper, reaper that is what you call this game Why? Because it rocks you fool. Travis Touchdown is back, but it is sad no overworld. I love the arcade games and want more. The boss fights on Bitter Difficulty are epic. I press the A button on the wii remote so much I almst broke my thumb.
  31. Dec 16, 2013
    This game is outstanding. Bursting with personality, unlockables, and a thought-provoking story, nearly everything about this game is perfect. Yes the combat is repetitive, but dammit I don't care because it's so much fun. Any other flaws are so small they don't matter. Worth buying twice or thrice.

ALSO anyone looking for a tough game should give it a try too; the hardest difficulty is blissfully challenging.
  32. Feb 9, 2014
    Have to say that in terms of gameplay, this is an improvement from the first game. Santa Destroy is no longer boring and the use of different katanas really comes in handy. Only problem is that although there is now some sort of storyline, some of the bosses in this game, especially the final boss, are not as awesome, epic or memorable as the first game. The story, unfortunately, lackedHave to say that in terms of gameplay, this is an improvement from the first game. Santa Destroy is no longer boring and the use of different katanas really comes in handy. Only problem is that although there is now some sort of storyline, some of the bosses in this game, especially the final boss, are not as awesome, epic or memorable as the first game. The story, unfortunately, lacked the splendid plot twists of the first game. Expand

1. In conclusion, No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle is an entertaining game, although it does suffer from some minor gameplay nuisances with the dodgy camera.
  2. If you're a fan of the first game but found it somewhat flawed in some areas, this sequel does a good job on rectifying almost all of them. The visuals are somewhat improved, the plot is interesting and full of fun characters and gameplay is solid. Minor technical flaws aren't enough to dampen the overall experience all too much.
  3. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle has more style, fresh ideas and great music than any human ever can handle. It's a better game than the original No More Heroes, but still has some minor gameplay disturbances.