• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jan 26, 2010
8.8

1. Jun 27, 2011
    No More Heroes 2 is freaking epic! A lot of video games these days lack the personality of NMH2. Travis Touchdown is quirky, tough, and downright funny. The bosses are all spectacular and deliver great dialogue. I was excited every time I encountered one. The open world from the first game was taken away and replaced with a menu based interface. I have no complaints about that as you get to go here and there really quickly (I will miss collecting stuff though). The whole story is great and really funny. The combat has been improved and now you get to double wield a pair of beam katanas. No More Heroes 2 is a great game that proves serious gamers can have fun on the Wii (you also want to check out MadWorld). I give it a 9.75! Expand
  2. Oct 21, 2012
    This game gets a 10 because of its simple, fun combat system, multiple boss fights, and one of the best messages ever given to the player through gameplay alone, that revenge isn't all it's cut out to be.
  3. Jun 21, 2013
    This is without a doubt one of the best games the Wii has to offer. No More Heroes 2 is a stylish game with amazing boss fights, hilarious moments, and ridiculously fun action. It's certainly not perfect, far from it. But it's just too stylish and fun to fault for its imperfections.
    Many game developers try to make great games but fail to make them actually entertaining. Making games fun
    to play is an area that Grasshopper Manufacture excels at, and this game is evidence of that.
    This is Suda 51's best game to date (with the original NMH in 2nd).
  4. Sep 1, 2010
    this is one of my favourite releases this year, the humour, the controls, bloodiness, the music was absolutely perfect, its so god damn catchy "From Dusk Till Dawn" is my favourite tune, but i think the story sucked though, its not as good as the first game though in story, and i was getting hyped for the revenge idea "even though that storyline is over used"

but controls, graphics and
    the rest has improved over the first game, but i seriously want to ride my motorcycle i reckon its dumb getting rid of it :(

but nether-less its a good game its worth a buy
  5. Apr 25, 2011
    I felt like I was playing Kill Bill the game; only way, way crazier. This is one of the best hardcore games on the Wii, along with games like MadWorld & Muramasa. Buy it now.
  6. Nov 7, 2010
    No More Heroes 1 was great, but this is simply amazing. Definitely one of the best games on the system. Seriously, if you're old enough and have a Wii, pick this game up NOW!
  7. Dec 27, 2011
    One of THE games to play on the Wii. Removing the fees to enter the matches was a great move, making the side missions only required to buy new weapons and to get Health/strength upgrades. Great humor, tight combat, but things can get a bit repetitive towards the end of the game.
  8. Mar 3, 2011
    I have a hard time deciding if this is the best game on the Wii or the best game [period] GRAPHICS: Perfect. It feels like playing a cartoon- an awesome cartoon. Great style and greater cool factor. 10/10
    ADVENTURE: Travis Touchdown may be the greatest murdering sociopath hero ever. Every encounter feels epic. Every character is memorable. The minigames, humor, and mindblowing awesomeness
    of it all just cannot be praised enough. 10/10
    MECHANICS: Solid. Except for one part playing as Shinobu (jump puzzle/boss fight) I never had any problem with the controls. They were fun (Wiiiii) and intuitive. 9/10
    EXTRAS: Did I mention how awesome everything about this game is? Desperate Struggle embraced and ridiculed everything that is gamer/anime/dork culture. I could spend the next 4213 characters explaining how lights out fantastic this game is, but then you would be wasting time not playing it which would be a horrible loss. 11/10
  9. May 2, 2011
    AHAHA! I love this game so much! Great art graphics and inventive bosses and weapons, as well as the great storyline and some of the funniest cutscenes. The only con are (this might be just my old Wii acting up though) the Cutscenes are choppy at some points. Such a bargain at £10, I recommend this to anyone who likes crude, yet funny humour and lots and lots of blood.
  10. Sep 10, 2011
    Fantastic gameplay, incredible characters, fantastic graphics, great comedy, great boss battles, fantastic music, and great amounts of unlockable material
  11. Nov 8, 2011
    this is a great game, amazing videos, fun beat em up gameplay with an insane story great visuals and a lot of retro mini games makes this a must have for older wii owners
  12. Dec 6, 2011
    An excellent game and much improved than the original but unfortunately is a bit too short.But it has great fighting, strange but interesting characters and at times emotional.Great game and along with the original, there is nothing like it.
  13. Jul 3, 2012
    Much better than the first game. It's a great title, good music, nice story and characters. The only things that can't stand are the gym and some minigames.
  14. Dec 1, 2012
    Reaper, reaper that is what you call this game Why? Because it rocks you fool. Travis Touchdown is back, but it is sad no overworld. I love the arcade games and want more. The boss fights on Bitter Difficulty are epic. I press the A button on the wii remote so much I almst broke my thumb.
  15. Dec 16, 2013
    This game is outstanding. Bursting with personality, unlockables, and a thought-provoking story, nearly everything about this game is perfect. Yes the combat is repetitive, but dammit I don't care because it's so much fun. Any other flaws are so small they don't matter. Worth buying twice or thrice.

ALSO anyone looking for a tough game should give it a try too; the hardest difficulty is
    blissfully challenging. Expand
  16. Feb 9, 2014
    Have to say that in terms of gameplay, this is an improvement from the first game. Santa Destroy is no longer boring and the use of different katanas really comes in handy. Only problem is that although there is now some sort of storyline, some of the bosses in this game, especially the final boss, are not as awesome, epic or memorable as the first game. The story, unfortunately, lacked the splendid plot twists of the first game. Expand

1. In conclusion, No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle is an entertaining game, although it does suffer from some minor gameplay nuisances with the dodgy camera.
  2. If you're a fan of the first game but found it somewhat flawed in some areas, this sequel does a good job on rectifying almost all of them. The visuals are somewhat improved, the plot is interesting and full of fun characters and gameplay is solid. Minor technical flaws aren't enough to dampen the overall experience all too much.
  3. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle has more style, fresh ideas and great music than any human ever can handle. It's a better game than the original No More Heroes, but still has some minor gameplay disturbances.