Pokemon Battle Revolution Wii

6.6

1. Feb 27, 2015
    The graphics look good for the Wii, but other than that, the game gets extremely repetitive. There are not enough Pokemon in this game to keep me interested.
  2. IanI.
    Jul 9, 2007
    While the apeal of this game was plainly that it was the ONLY wii game yet to have online functionality it fails there just as miserably as it does everywhere else.
  3. JohnA.
    Aug 1, 2007
    This game sucks its the worst Pokemon game yo will ever play you have to get Pokemon from other Trainers.
  4. TomY.
    Aug 14, 2007
    This game is a total letdown. There is no story!
  5. WalterCool
    Feb 14, 2008
    Without DS, this game SUCKS, you cant select pokemons, are in sets.
  6. ManoelQ.
    Jun 11, 2008
    The Graphics are great and the lights are incredible. The attacks are well done and the Pokémon are great. But it disappoints any fan of the series because the trainer customization is much less than we expected and we all know Pokémon 3D is the most cheated game ever, which makes you furious when you lose on the last turn because your Pokémon didn't hit an The Graphics are great and the lights are incredible. The attacks are well done and the Pokémon are great. But it disappoints any fan of the series because the trainer customization is much less than we expected and we all know Pokémon 3D is the most cheated game ever, which makes you furious when you lose on the last turn because your Pokémon didn't hit an attack with 95% chance of being successful and your opponent successfully uses a move with 30% chance of hitting. A Pokémon 3D with minigames only would be a lot better. Expand
  7. MarkP
    Nov 24, 2009
    They could have done so much more with this. I have enjoyed seeing my pokemon in 3D on the big screen, but the animations are so lazy and some things they don't even do. Things like, if you miss, it just tells you, theres no animation of a move missing. When it rains, there's no rain, it just tells you! And as for single player there isn't really enough of worth. So They could have done so much more with this. I have enjoyed seeing my pokemon in 3D on the big screen, but the animations are so lazy and some things they don't even do. Things like, if you miss, it just tells you, theres no animation of a move missing. When it rains, there's no rain, it just tells you! And as for single player there isn't really enough of worth. So it's kinda cool if you have a DS and friends to play with, but I'd hold on for a better made game. Expand
  8. FormerReviewer
    Jun 28, 2007
    Why does Nintendo continually use their consoles to supplement a portable game? Shallow gameplay, no questing, and no enhancements make this as big of a loser as Stadium, Colosseum, etc. Make a stinking Pokemon console RPG already, Nintendo!!!
  9. AndreA.
    May 17, 2008
    All Bling very little substance, and action. Needs you to buy DS game to add promised functionality.
  10. Nov 20, 2011
    As a huge fan of the Pokemon franchise, I can safely say that this game is TERRIBLE beyond belief. I'm surprised that people are giving it such high scores.

Gameplay: It follows the traditional JRPG gameplay. A turn based battle between two people. However, since there is absolutely no exploring that makes Pokemon so great and engaging, the gameplay in this game tends to get boring in less than an hour. And the fact that the two default Pokemon trainer cards you get don't even contain any strong Pokemon really ruin the experience when you're facing such powerhouses later in the game. Usually in a Pokemon game I give the gameplay a 10/10 for exploration AND a turn based RPG battle that is both engaging and makes you want more, but PBR deserves a 4/10 in this aspect.

Controls: Just point with your Wii Remote and press A...simple as that. Boring as anything
    10/10 I guess since you can't really screw pointing and clicking.

Graphics: Only good aspect of the game. For the Wii, I feel that the graphics are well done and inviting. The Pokemon look cool and the attacks are also pretty nice. 9/10

Music and sounds: The music annoys me. Not one good soundtrack from the game. This is quite a shock since Pokemon has such amazing tracks in pretty much every installment. Truly a disappointment. The sound effects of the Pokemon attacks are good, though. But the announcer is annoying! Every time a Pokemon attacks, he needs to comment on it. His voice gets on my nerves. Like we know the Pokemon fainted; there's no need to point that out!

Story: There is none! 0/10

Overall: I do not recommend this game to anyone, even the hardcore Pokemon fans. The only reason why one MIGHT want it is if one has Diamond and Pearl. Then they can just use those Pokmeon and experience some 3-D battling. But I've tried that and even that gets boring after about an hour. This game gets a 3.4/10. Terrible game. Rent it if you truly want to play it. But don't spend 10+ dollars on this piece of garbage.
  11. Apr 22, 2013
    Nintendo on the Gamecube released two very competent games, XD and Colosseum which had a decent story and were thoroughly enjoyable. Nintendo has taken a step backwards with this insipid attempt at a Pokemon Stadium game. That had minigames, this doesn't.

No plot, online with friend codes is an outdated way to play online. Battles are all you do in this game. There is just menus, you do not get to explore the island at all. This is like a poor man's Battle Frontier, except that's the game. I cannot give this game higher than a 3. It just fails on so many levels.

Some good things are good visuals, great to see you can use your 4th gen pokemon, can link with 4th gen games, but the bad FAR outweighs the good.
  12. Aug 30, 2013
    To call this a game would be criminal. Merely a vessel for HD Pokémon battling with third dimentional models. With the downloadable content, consisting of only a couple promotional Pokémon, it was a feature greatly squandered of purpose. Only worth a few hours of fun seeing your favorite Pokémon battle in an essentially castrated version of Pokémon Stadium.
  13. Dec 30, 2014
    While its visuals and music are impressive, the game as a whole is bland with not a lot of substance within the games' content. The game is fun, but only for about thirty minutes.
  14. May 7, 2016
    Doesn't feel right, feels a bit like a game in which you lose all the creativity of Pokemon, have extremely limited options, increased repetitiveness and you cannot even catch pokemon at the cost of better graphics.

#17 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#9 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Graphically, this game is incredible. Physical attacks cause Pokemon to actually make contact, and Special attacks damage the scenery. The Pokemon themselves are rendered incredibly well, as are the trainers. [JPN Import]
  2. Games Master UK
    It should come packaged with "Diamond/Pearl" for an extra 5 quid. It doesn't. Avoid. [Jan 2007, p.70]
  3. Nintendo Gamer