8.5

1. Aug 7, 2013
    Project Zero 2 was one of the PS2-Games, which I loved and I will never stop loving. It can bee seen as a classic. I was very happy, when I saw Project Zero 2 for the Wii and I bought it right in the moment, when I saw it. The graphics, gameplay and also some features are better than in the PS2-Version. They took some of the gameplay out of Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (The ghost-hand and the cameraview is behind the charakter from now on for example).
    Not only this game is one of the best Horrorgames for the Nintendo Wii but one of the best Horrorgames of all times. There is one feature added, which was'nt inside Crimson Butterfly for PS2. The Haunted Houses oder "Ghosthouses". This is a bonus added with more gameplay, which is working like a rail-shooter. The maingame mostly was'nt changed, but the changes, that are there (Controls, Graphics, Additional Gameplay Features, etc.) are for the better.
    If you have a Nintendo Wii, I strongly recommend to buy this game!
  2. Jul 2, 2012
    El juego que necesitaba la Wii tras Silent Hill, uno de los grandes del terror sin ninguna duda, si te gustanl os survival horrors ni lo pienses, este juego es para ti :D
  3. Jul 1, 2012
    I've played this series since its beginning on the PS2, and I have to say, this never gets old. Awesome ambiance, great graphics (for the Wii of course...). The additions they put in this version are quite enjoyable, especially the Haunted House mode (random sounds/apparitions will occur while you hold the A button to walk/open doors, every movement of the wiimote/nunchuk is considered as a sign of fear from you, very funny when you put people who doesn't know the game and afraid of ghosts in front of it). And since I've played it already, I thought I wouldn't be as surprised as the first time, and I was wrong. They added new scenes, scripts, and videos (even compared to the Xbox version, some of them seriously scared the hell out of me). You're not gonna play it like before. Now to the bad things... The first thing you'll notice, is that the controls are awful. You won't play for hours since you'll get a cramp for keeping the wiimote steady so the camera won't go up or down, and even with that you will never get it to look forward correctly. Secondly, Mio and Mayu strangely speak with a British accent... I know that remaking a game eight years after can require making new voice actings. This game doesn't. At least not that way.
    Overall this game sadly isn't a new installment in the series (nor the fourth opus some of us are dying to get and see on our shelves), but since it has the best couple main character-immersion of the original trilogy, you will happily (re)discover this little jewel.

1. Oct 14, 2012
    Still a very good horror adventure. Too bad the bit too shaky camera controls are not an improvement. [Sept 2012]
  2. Sep 18, 2012
    A great survival horror with combat that exacerbates the tension rather than distracts from its. [Oct 2012, p.65]
  3. Sep 14, 2012
    Project Zero 2: Wii Edition is a state of the art survival horror, and this alone should be enough to tempt the genre's aficionados.