7.5

1. JoshS.
    Nov 9, 2008
    A prime example of when professional reviews screw up. I too loved "Nightfire" and "Everything or Nothing", and this managed to combine two of my favorite elements from those games: the FPS action of Nightfire, with the finesse and beautiful cover system (improved even more!) of Everything or Nothing. Online play is engaging and easy to pick up. 10 Different classes, split up between two A prime example of when professional reviews screw up. I too loved "Nightfire" and "Everything or Nothing", and this managed to combine two of my favorite elements from those games: the FPS action of Nightfire, with the finesse and beautiful cover system (improved even more!) of Everything or Nothing. Online play is engaging and easy to pick up. 10 Different classes, split up between two teams (MI-6 and the Organization) battle it out in either "Conflict", a standard fare deathmatch where one kill equals one point, or choose to be more strategic in "Rush", where there are many objectives ranging from computer hacking to assembling the Golden Gun. For those of who don't like teams, all modes are available free-for-all. Story mode is just as nice, filled with lush environments (for the Wii, that is) and shockingly beautiful cut scenes. Quantum of Solace is a great Wii FPS, which everyone should, at the very least, rent. 9/10 Expand
  2. DanielB.
    Nov 5, 2008
    After reading some of the professional reviews, and then playing the game, they don't seem to justify it... I loved "Nightfire" and "Everything or Nothing"... and to me, both in game play and story, this game is at least on par with those two games, if not better!
  3. larsking
    Nov 9, 2008
    The professional reviews do not do this game justice at all...the best graphics I have seen on the Wii yet, and I have seen no frame rate drops (yet). The gameplay is great and the multiplayer offers free-of-lag unlimited replayability!
    Overall, a must-buy for anyone who loves james bond and wii shooters

1. The most damning issue is over the game's presentation, which ranges from sloppy in some places to downright awful in others.
    We've played and reviewed lots of "bad" games on Wii, but unlike those before it Quantum of Solace feels like a title that has a real soul to it, and somewhere in the mess of unprecedented frame issues, visual bugs, and sloppy port code is a game that really could have been a blast to play. Instead, it's one you want to avoid at all costs.
  3. With Quantum of Solace, Beenox had the tough task of porting over one of the most technically demanding engines over to the less powerful Wii. The result is a game that shines at its core thanks to an impressive Bond feel but is held back by technical issues.