Rock Band Wii

6.3

1. JohnJones
    Aug 4, 2008
    This game was a total let down compared to the PS3 and 360 version. Sure they added 5 new songs, but they screwed up the instruments and took out all the things that made the game fun like the band world tour. Now it is just a busted guitar hero without characters to chose or things to buy.
  2. ConcernedCustomer
    Jun 30, 2008
    If you think this game is worth the money then you will be better off buying it with an xbox 360. I love rock band but I can't bring myself to purchase it for the Wii because of the gutted features. IMHO they should of held off until Nintendo released a hard drive attachment.
  3. Eric
    Jun 23, 2008
    What?! They cut out everything that made the game so fun! Now it's Guitar Hero minus any character customization or money! I'm returning it. Boo.
  4. MichaelMitchell
    Jun 29, 2008
    What we basically had here was Harmonix being lazy. The Wii didn't have the power to support the graphics so instead of just toning it down again they gave us a port of the PS2 version and didn't even bother adding any of the normal features in. And who ever says that crap about the Wii not supporting it is so not true. The wii is like three times as powerful as the Gamecube.What we basically had here was Harmonix being lazy. The Wii didn't have the power to support the graphics so instead of just toning it down again they gave us a port of the PS2 version and didn't even bother adding any of the normal features in. And who ever says that crap about the Wii not supporting it is so not true. The wii is like three times as powerful as the Gamecube.
    Get GHWT. I pick the company who gave us an ok game on day one rather than a company that gave us a horrible version six months later.
  5. VoltaireF.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Its terrible! This version has nothing that made the 360 game great. A disappointment, wait for Guitar Hero: World Tour.
    Jun 25, 2008
    It's nearly identical to the PS2 version, which makes it worth avoiding simply on principle. Add the fact that GH4 is doing it right, and there isn't any reason to pick up Rock Band on the Wii, unless you absolutely must have the music from Rock Band. However, in that case, I would have picked it up on a different platform last year.
  7. Nov 27, 2012
    Good gravy. I love Rock Band, but this port is AWFUL. What exactly are you getting here? You're getting the same setlist from the PS360 versions plus 5 extra songs. You're getting the same gameplay as the PS360 versions. Annnnd... that's it.

What are you NOT getting? Well, online gameplay for starters. Any multiplayer must be done in the same room. Plus, no online leaderboards. There is no outside motivation to get a high score or FC a song, and once you do, nobody knows about it but you. You don't get any career mode, so you're just playing songs over and over. You can't make your own characters, use Guitar Hero instruments, or export the game. By the way, did you know there is a game on the Wii that does all these things? It's called Rock Band 2. Get that one. Skip this one unless you absolutely MUST play RB1's setlist.

#23 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#55 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. This is the perfectly polished, logical extension of what Guitar Hero started and where the music genre needed to go. It's a real shame to see the Wii version stripped of some of the game's best features, but it still just flat-out rocks.
  2. Exactly what most people who own a Wii are looking for. This is cooperative gaming at its best – the perfect party game for friends, family, and new gamers alike. Even with its regrettable omissions, Rock Band has a broad audience of Wii owners just waiting in the wings to get their chance on stage.
    Ultimately, it is disappointing that so many features were left out of the Wii version. I would understand if the Wii just couldn't handle it, but Guitar Hero World Tour seems to be figuring it out.