Sonic and the Secret Rings Wii

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Feb 20, 2007
6.5

1. Aug 29, 2010
    Has a sonic lover, I thought the game in general was a nice fun spin off experience of the blue hedgehog. Yet, it never convinces you that this is the best gameplay for a sonic game, the sonic adventure formula remains being the better formula. This is mainly because the controls are not always responsive, that occasionally you will fail a stage because of the controls, not because youHas a sonic lover, I thought the game in general was a nice fun spin off experience of the blue hedgehog. Yet, it never convinces you that this is the best gameplay for a sonic game, the sonic adventure formula remains being the better formula. This is mainly because the controls are not always responsive, that occasionally you will fail a stage because of the controls, not because you were doing things wrong. Yet, it's still playable and it offers great opportunity to start very close to where you fall. It's definitely fast at times, and its definitely a thrilling ride all the way through that sonic fans should check out. Expand
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    This was my first Sonic Wii game ever. I had tons of fun, playing multiplayer with my youngest brother and going through the eight levels and fighting the bosses. The upgrading process is cool. I love this game and I always will. Go Sonic.
  3. Jan 3, 2017
    Sonic controls like a car... what? Nobody asked for this, but it's still good imo, graphics suck for the Wii and in general, but nobody cares about graphics
  4. Nov 14, 2010
    By Far my favorite sonic game this generation, it took many aspects of SEGA as a whole to create a wonderful experience. For Once in a sonic game, The Cast of Characters was insignificant allowing room for more focus on the gameplay of the one playable character, Sonic, to be frank who hasn't had such a game since Sonic 3D blast over 10 years ago. The StoryBook team seemed to take aBy Far my favorite sonic game this generation, it took many aspects of SEGA as a whole to create a wonderful experience. For Once in a sonic game, The Cast of Characters was insignificant allowing room for more focus on the gameplay of the one playable character, Sonic, to be frank who hasn't had such a game since Sonic 3D blast over 10 years ago. The StoryBook team seemed to take a radically different approach here; choosing to use corporate history rather than mascot history in it's development. The On-rails arcade action was in my eyes a vast improvement for the sonic series considering many of the 3D games coming before it. The Added RPG element however was a bit of a hindrance, although finally achieving that sonic speed is an effort well earned while playing through the game. Another plus in it's lineup were the visuals in which for the time, were stellar from a 3rd party company. The cut-scenes although not CGI, added to the story element of the game, which for me was for all the better. The one MAJOR roadblock in the game for many players was the bi-polar difficulty encountered progressively through the game. If your looking for a better than average sonic game, with a bit of challenge, this is your game. Expand
  5. Jul 26, 2014
    This is a good game. it isn't great but it is still a good game. I would recommend it but note that the controls are kinda crappy. Overall it is an alright game.
  6. Nov 4, 2012
    This game is great. Sure the controls aren't that responsive but it is a brilliant game. The first exclusive Sonic game for the wii has paid off and has put sonic back to his roots. The game has many missions and stages. The game also has storybook cutscenes and CGI cutscenes too. Sonic and the Secret rings also has an RPG element to it which works quite well. This game will keep youThis game is great. Sure the controls aren't that responsive but it is a brilliant game. The first exclusive Sonic game for the wii has paid off and has put sonic back to his roots. The game has many missions and stages. The game also has storybook cutscenes and CGI cutscenes too. Sonic and the Secret rings also has an RPG element to it which works quite well. This game will keep you playing for hours on end for it's missions, stages and the multiplayer which is all-right.The Soundtrack is very good and has a rock style to it which Sonic will love. Overall: Sonic and the Secret Rings is worth getting if your a sonic fan but it you don't like using the wii remote you won't like the game.A brilliant Package. Gameplay:7.5/10 Music:8.5/10 Graphics:8.5/10 Story:9/10 Replay Value:8.5/10 Expand
  7. CodyS.
    Mar 8, 2008
    This game has great control once you get the hang of it. The graphics are pretty good for a Wii game. The only thing bad about this game is the controls don't work right sometimes and that gets very very hard in the middle of the game.
  8. AlexG.
    Mar 10, 2007
    So far it's a pretty good game. I haven' finished it yet but I've played it enough to get a good taste of the game. There are still aspects of it that need improving like the dialoge. And it's a little frustrating that you don't get the soul gauge until the 4th level, but overall it's a good experience that you can't just blast through like other Sonic games.
  9. DanC
    May 4, 2007
    Amazing graphics, lush gameplay, excellent use of the wiimote. pretty awful storyline, but it lasts ages and the party games are good. by far the best 3D sonic so far. BEST SONIC since sonic advance!
  10. CarlosD.
    May 9, 2007
    Very enjoyable game The controls are very nice. Sonic back to his fastest best. The only think I disliked is the the reverse movement. It does not feel natural. All in all a game that is recommended. Should have received better reviews.
  11. Twili-Knight
    Jun 10, 2007
    I found this a solid game, and quite a step up for the series. I found it used the Wii-mote well, and I believe that this game should be used as the BASIS for all future 3D Sonic games, however like Sonic Rush it has been grouped with an inferior partner and overlooked.
  12. stephenB
    Feb 24, 2007
    this game is fun, and i think it's a cool game. But it has some problems. like the carmra goes wack sometimes, and it gets you relly mad! if you go with your instinks and get to mad and throw the wii romote at the tv then please plase your storey on www.wiihaveaproblem.com
  13. MichaelP.
    Feb 21, 2007
    Hands down the best (read fastest) 3D Sonic ever.
  14. LuisT.
    Feb 20, 2007
    Definitely a great game that helps bring Sonic back from the utter garbage that have been the last few console games. Best since SA on Dreamcast!
  15. Ettörillö
    Mar 15, 2007
    Definitely a 10. I'm an adult player, I was born with the atari2600 and enjoyed the NES at the maximum expression. Well, never stop playing, little by little i saw how games were losing something that had the power to become them into an addictive pleasure. Since those years i haven't played a game like this, great design levels (what do you smoke SEGA guys?), so a-doq music, Definitely a 10. I'm an adult player, I was born with the atari2600 and enjoyed the NES at the maximum expression. Well, never stop playing, little by little i saw how games were losing something that had the power to become them into an addictive pleasure. Since those years i haven't played a game like this, great design levels (what do you smoke SEGA guys?), so a-doq music, great difficult not for little kids... and the best partof it, it invites you to try and try and try to get better & you get. Maybe this is the reason because most of the gamers underrated it, you must be a GREAT videogamer to enjoy the whole purpose. Sega, Clap Clap. Expand
  16. CarlosA.
    Feb 29, 2008
    this game remember me when I play the donkey kong country series on the snes. A new game different than other sonic games like the repetitive sonic heroes and sonic the hedgehog 2006. We need more games of this kind to renew sonic popularity considering that sega have to use all the wii hardware for a exclusive version, not multiplattform games and mediocre graphics.
  17. JoeyR
    Jun 24, 2009
    First off, as I have said time and time again, most of those that post bad reviews give reasons that don't have anything to do with the actual game. Admittedly, the prologue levels were tedious, but with the entirely new gameplay, I personally wouldn't have figured it out during the first level. Yes, the controls do work, surprise surprise. FYI, it takes the position your First off, as I have said time and time again, most of those that post bad reviews give reasons that don't have anything to do with the actual game. Admittedly, the prologue levels were tedious, but with the entirely new gameplay, I personally wouldn't have figured it out during the first level. Yes, the controls do work, surprise surprise. FYI, it takes the position your controller is in while the level is loading and sets that as neutral. Any problems are probably on your end. It's a very good game and the music is not as annoying as its made out to be. It's not monotonous and the levels do pertain to the story. I'm reeeally beginning to doubt whether most of you negative folks have EVER played this game. Honestly. The storyline is good and it appeals to people like me with in-game low attention spans. It's not a bad game. It's decent. It's fun. That's the only thing that matters. Get over it. Stop whining. Play this game, ignore reviewers that haven't played it, rate it based on what you think and not what others think for you, and have the time of your life. Expand
  18. LKnight
    Feb 26, 2007
    I think this game is severely underrated - great sense of speed, great control once you get used to it, tons of unlockables, fun minigames, great level design, etc etc. the RPG-esque leveling-up of sonic and getting new moves makes you want to keep playing as well. This game is easily better than both wario ware and excite truck, and the best sonic since Sonic Rush for the DS.
  19. PeterC.
    Apr 12, 2007
    So far I have played this game and I am on the second. This game is fun, but i there are some flaws. First of all i still don't have the soul gauge (hear you get it on the fourth level). Second off Sonic goes to slow, and everytime he jumps he slows down. ( hear he runs faster later on in the game). This game is frustrating at the start, but it seems more rewarding later on.
  20. ChrisC
    Dec 31, 2009
    This is one of my favorite Sonic games to date. However, this is coming from a guy who thinks that the only time Sonic had a really bad deal with with that Sonic 360 game. That's honestly the only bad one. Sonic Heroes was great. Both Adventure games were great. This one, plus The Black Knight was were both great. You know, people need to lessen expectations on Sonic games. This game This is one of my favorite Sonic games to date. However, this is coming from a guy who thinks that the only time Sonic had a really bad deal with with that Sonic 360 game. That's honestly the only bad one. Sonic Heroes was great. Both Adventure games were great. This one, plus The Black Knight was were both great. You know, people need to lessen expectations on Sonic games. This game keeps it very simple. There are tricky spots with the controls where you need to slow down in order to advance, but honestly, Sonic games were never ALL about speed. Sure, he's the blue blur; I get it, the world's fastest hedgehog yadda yadda and speed is his staple, I know. But if you recall, Sonic 3 wasn't all that fast, and that was the second best 2D sonic game ever (first best being Sonic CD). Before I rant too much, give this game a chance. You'll be very pleased. This game ruled. It really did. Expand

#7 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#11 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. An encouraging sign that good Sonic games can still be made. I had a tremendous time exploring the different stages and the skill points add a bit of depth to an otherwise straightforward game.
    Although Sega deserves praise for Secret Rings' innovative single-player adventure, the less said about the four-player party mode, the better. It's another low-budget "Mario Party" rip-off that stretches out a few weak gameplay concepts into multiple multiplayer contests.
  3. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    By no means perfect, but it's still a fantastic game that finally gives the blue blazer the sort of fast-paced, slick action he deserves. It's tricky to master but once you do it really shines. [Mar 2007, p.62]