7.4

1. Jan 31, 2015
    Who the hell thought it will be a good idea to make this game?There is no real challenge, the graphics are not so good even for the wii and the game lags as ****
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    I couldn't really decide to give this game a 6 or a 7 but I eventually chose 7 since it's a Sonic game. The game is really good on the Sonic stages but by the time it goes to the Werehog stages it becomes ok.
  3. Dec 30, 2013
    As a Sonic the Hedgehog fan, I have to say to whoever designed the gameplay: you idiot! The night stages are extremely boring thanks to terrible gameplay, and the daytime stages are not much better. To top it off, the daytime stages, which would otherwise be pretty decent, are so short (2-3 min. on average) and far between that the majority of the game ends up being the awful nighttimeAs a Sonic the Hedgehog fan, I have to say to whoever designed the gameplay: you idiot! The night stages are extremely boring thanks to terrible gameplay, and the daytime stages are not much better. To top it off, the daytime stages, which would otherwise be pretty decent, are so short (2-3 min. on average) and far between that the majority of the game ends up being the awful nighttime stages, which also happen to be several times longer a piece. Also, worst ending ever for a Sonic game. Honestly, they could have cut off the ending entirely and it would have been better. The extra challenges are the only thing saving this one from a zero, since they are actually amusing (well, the daytime ones anyway). Expand
  4. Aug 28, 2013
    The Sonic portion of this game is really good! The monster sections are like a list of everything you do not look for in a Sonic game. If someone re-released this game with just the Sonic parts it would be one of the best Sonic games to date, but having to deal with the Werehog just makes the whole game not worth it. Everyone who isn't a die hard Sonic fan should do themselves a favor andThe Sonic portion of this game is really good! The monster sections are like a list of everything you do not look for in a Sonic game. If someone re-released this game with just the Sonic parts it would be one of the best Sonic games to date, but having to deal with the Werehog just makes the whole game not worth it. Everyone who isn't a die hard Sonic fan should do themselves a favor and skip this game completely- go play Sonic Colors instead. Expand
  5. May 6, 2015
    Unwiished is surprisingly great to play yet every critic towards the wolfhog part is true.

This needs two critics actually: Sonic Unwiished: -Gotta learn the levels by heart to get your S ranks -It's fun -It's really fun -It's fast, colourful, different, with good control, good music, good visuals(in HD version it's AWESOME visuals, games that came out five years after still

This needs two critics actually:

Sonic Unwiished:
    -Gotta learn the levels by heart to get your S ranks
    -It's fun
    -It's really fun
    -It's fast, colourful, different, with good control, good music, good visuals(in HD version it's AWESOME visuals, games that came out five years after still looked no better than Unleashed HD)
    -It's exhilarating to go through the levels at that speed, with your reflexes and memory constantly tested, lots of branching pathways and a simple yet all-around fun boost mechanic

-It's a little bit too "gotta memorise this to win"
    -It's a railway game where you just boost and the game directs you
    -Little too "videogame-y" for a modern game, the mechanics in this could've existed back in SNES days almost, you'd think a modern 3D game could do slightly better than that
    -Bosses are ok but even more videogamey and not that interesting, complex or realistic, they're just sort of there

Wolfhog Unwiished:
    -Eh
    -Meh
    -Ugh
    -Eh for the generally boring combat
    -Meh for levels that are too slow, and thus far too long in comparison with the much more fun daytime running levels
    -Ugh for the clunky, uninteresting wolfhog platforming where you get auto-grab ledges, your running speed is slow and slippery, your walking speed is Sonic the Snailhog, and it's just generally a very slow, boring, extremely skippable part of the game.

Combat is a poor God of War ripoff, the challenge is mostly weak, you'll usually just rinse and repeat the same 2 or 3 combos throughout the entire game (left right left, left right strong), the powerups aren't worth the sidequests or just the effort, it generally is an acceptable game but you just will never play it except to get it done with so you can go back to the daytime stages. The combat is not nearly as bad as the ridiculously slow platforming that can completely make you wanna quit the game, but both together comprise the majority of the time you'll spend on Sonic Unwiished/Unleashed.

On the side note, the few characters, story and world this game introduces happen to do the job just fine. A few cliches, taken lightly, a few quirks, and a decent plot make for a mundane but agreeable story. I played through all of it and hated none, though I'll hardly recall this in years from now.

The control is fine in the daytime stages and apart from the platforming in wolfhog form, Super Sonic was a huge pain to control. You don't play him long though.

Music is very nice as usual, visuals are quite nice for a wii game and as a whole, I find the entire game to be an extremely good memory.

It's probably because I played all Sonics in a marathon, and after the slow, painful descent from the great Sonic Adventure to sh*tty Adventure 2, mildly sh*tty Heroes, really sh*tty Shadow and Sonic 06, having a game that was competently made with no glitches, good control and fun level design, even if it was a pretty simplistic game design, was already a godsend.

But besides the fact that this is an overall competent game, I think I just like Unwiished for being a fresh new thing. 06 was such an unmitigated disaster that we got an entire introspection by Sonic Team to redo Sonic. Even if he boost mechanic was gimmicky and led to simple game design, it was new, it was fresh, it was revolutionary even, and it started a new age of Sonic that greatly improved with the latter Boost games, Colours and Generations.

The slight shame is that Sonic Team did not just introspect the gameplay, they introspected on their writing capabilities too. And the verdict was quite cruel: they could never write a good story(ever, there isn't one Sonic story that isn't stupid or outright jarring out of all the previous games, when they had a story anyway), so they decided to go with the most classic, unoriginal ripoff story. Made me think of Zelda even, go around the world, find the stones/pendants(in this case Emeralds) and move on to the next Temple.

Still, i'll remember Unleashed as one of the few 3D Sonic games that I'd gladly replay, even if only partly. It goes into the good 3D sonic games with problems, along with Adventure and Heroes. It's much more competent than these but also a lot more bland.
  6. Apr 18, 2013
    Although this game is a step in the right direction with the hedgehog engine, the Wherehog balanced it out. Even so every thing was monotonous. Even the day stages were the same.
  7. Dec 13, 2011
    This game rocks !!! I recommend this game is worth a look !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I this game deserves a perfect 10/10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Nov 2, 2013
    Playing through Sonic Unleashed can be a complete joy to anybody that enjoys platform games. The issue is the sort of platforming which is present in Sonic Unleashed...it's not what a Sonic platform video game should be, in fact...it's the complete opposite. While the Wii version offers more interesting and fun controls than other versions, Sonic Unleashed is too slow and lacking actualPlaying through Sonic Unleashed can be a complete joy to anybody that enjoys platform games. The issue is the sort of platforming which is present in Sonic Unleashed...it's not what a Sonic platform video game should be, in fact...it's the complete opposite. While the Wii version offers more interesting and fun controls than other versions, Sonic Unleashed is too slow and lacking actual Sonic game-play to be a great Sonic game. Expand
  9. Jan 9, 2012
    when you are playing with Sonic, the game is OK. But when you transform into a wolf, it's boring compared to sonic gameplay in the day time. The game isn't that fun, but is a little bit enjoyable, but there are way better sonic games out there.
  10. May 3, 2013
    There are really fun levels and really cool music themes and cool bosses to beat. The goal is to get all the chaos animals and beat Dark Gaia. He is massive. The disappointing part of the game was that it was hard to find out how to go to the next level.
  11. Jul 25, 2013
    sonic Unleashed is one of the best Wii games you can get that not from Nintendo. The Wii port is the second best port of the game (Xbox 360 port being the best.) the Wii port is fun as on other systems. The day time stages are best part of the game while the night time stages are slow and combat base, but still fun and fast pact in combat. The graphtes are great for Wii standards and thesonic Unleashed is one of the best Wii games you can get that not from Nintendo. The Wii port is the second best port of the game (Xbox 360 port being the best.) the Wii port is fun as on other systems. The day time stages are best part of the game while the night time stages are slow and combat base, but still fun and fast pact in combat. The graphtes are great for Wii standards and the controls works perfect. The story work and easy to understand. Sonic Unleashed is a game a sonic fan should own in hisher collection. Expand
  12. Nov 14, 2010
    Overall it really wasn't a bad game but it wasn't a good one. The last minute port decision did not help it, and neither did the 3:1 Night:Day. The controls were precise to Dimps credit. I really can't say much to it's praise though. It was a step in the right direction. Hopefully they'll follow it.
  13. Nov 3, 2012
    Before this game arrived I loved certian sonic but then this game came. It's a brilliant game and the best 3D sonic game. The game is not perfect but it is still very amazing. The only flaw with the game is the controls for the wherehog but you can use the classic controller. The Graphics are brilliant in this game and the cutscenes are amazing.
    The game plays realy well and the Day time
    The game plays realy well and the Day time stages ae just outstanding and the enviroment is brilliant.
    The hub world is diffrent to the HD versions but that isn't bad. The replay value is very good and you can unlock many extras like art.
    Overall: This is the best Sonic game to date even with the wherehog. The Gameplay is brilliant in the Day time stages and the night time stages are allright. For a sonic fan this is a must get.Also the soundtrack is even better and it sounds brilliant.
    Gameplay:8/10
    Music:10/10
    Graphics:8/10
    Presentaion:9/10
    Extra Value:8/10
    Overall:9/10
  14. Dec 6, 2011
    I agree that the werehog sections are very boring and pointless but i enjoyed the sonic levels very much.Graphics are fine,gameplay much better than the past sonic games and the game has little to no bugs,considering the past sonic games which they had many bugs.A good game and is a must for sonic funs
  15. Jul 1, 2013
    I loved most games I got. This game ruined my love for the Sonic games for a long time. The night levels were terrible, and the storyline sucked. The graphics were okay, but Sonic and The Black Night was more aesthetically appealing. Terrible.
  16. Apr 13, 2014
    This game is a Wii highlight. Don't pass out because it's the "inferior" version. I love this game. All of the day stages are extremely well designed, and I can tolerate the later Werehog stages, To me, they actually pass by quickly, and I get a kick out of beating the hell out of anything that moves.
    This game's only flaw is that the daytime stages are too short, and occasionally bug out. One such case is a certain spring robot used to shortcut your way through Adabat can turn "invisible" and cause you to pass through it.
    The game, overall, has a nice flow to things, and the daytime stages are definately the highlight. There's just some satisfaction of getting an S on a flawless Eggmanland run. To get the sought-after S, you need to become well-aware of the best route, and lies ahead on it. The results can surprise even the most experienced player. Non-hackers can beat Adabat in under 2:00 if they know what they're doing.
  17. Jan 11, 2014
    Why nighttime levels? Why werehog? Why make a sonic game without speed? The day stages is awesome, but the most levels is in night mode and the day stages requires much less time to complete in another words, this is a sonic game with no speed and boring stages in most of time. Who is next steep? Make an FPS game without guns in most time? For day stages, i will give 10 as score and forWhy nighttime levels? Why werehog? Why make a sonic game without speed? The day stages is awesome, but the most levels is in night mode and the day stages requires much less time to complete in another words, this is a sonic game with no speed and boring stages in most of time. Who is next steep? Make an FPS game without guns in most time? For day stages, i will give 10 as score and for night stages, ZERO. Expand
  18. Nov 11, 2014
    This is a generally underwhelming game, but I did enjoy it. Certainly not the best Sonic game, but I'll explain some of its details.

The graphics are rather uninspiring. They aren't all out bad...but they aren't exactly very pretty. Neither solid nor pathetic, I simply didn't enjoy them. The gameplay is quite the mixed box. The Day stages are exhilarating. The sense of speed is

The gameplay is quite the mixed box. The Day stages are exhilarating. The sense of speed is captured perfectly, perhaps better then in any Sonic game ever. However, the Day stages are far and few in between. The Night stages are interesting, but begin getting boring quickly. Coupled with shockingly long stages, I found myself bored many times. The Wiimote controls are also rather disappointing.

The music is absolutely wonderful. "Endless Possibilities" perfectly captures Sonic and remains one of his be st themes ever. The orchestra music at the end is absolutely stunning and never fails to take my breath away.

The story is not extremely complex, but it's more detailed the Colors or Generations. The final boss is generally stereotypical, but not horrible.

While not a good game, this is not horrible. With Sonic, you often most take the good the bad, and this game shows that perfectly.
  19. Oct 18, 2010
    Ugh. The game is a split between (questionably) good speedy Sonic gameplay and clunky brawling gameplay. When I played this game, I didn't get a sense of thrill or fun that I did back in the days of the SEGA Genesis. When stacked up against Sonic Unleashed for the XBox 360 and PS3, this game is an absolute joke. The graphics are subpar, especially for a Nintendo Wii game, and it lacksUgh. The game is a split between (questionably) good speedy Sonic gameplay and clunky brawling gameplay. When I played this game, I didn't get a sense of thrill or fun that I did back in the days of the SEGA Genesis. When stacked up against Sonic Unleashed for the XBox 360 and PS3, this game is an absolute joke. The graphics are subpar, especially for a Nintendo Wii game, and it lacks any personality of its own. The colors are desaturated and the levels just aren't a joy to behold in this version.

To the game's credit, this was a 3D Sonic game developed by Dimps for the most part, who had never really had a hand in making a 3D Sonic platformer before. I'd say they should never try again, because the gameplay for Sonic's speedy sections leave a lot to be desired. There is little fun controlling Sonic and even less fun trying to punch at little demons in the so-called "Werehog" levels. The bulk of your gametime will be spent hacking away in the nighttime "Werehog" segments, where only a brief period of time inbetween that and storytelling will you get a chance to run at the speed of sound yet again, which is the entire point of a Sonic game to begin with. This game is excessively mediocre.
  20. Sep 11, 2012
    While often overshadowed by its HD twin, Sonic Unleashed Wii is, in many ways, better. And no, the Werehog sections aren't as bad as some would make you believe.
    This game is split into 2 level types: Day and Night. The day stages are simply amazing. The 3D sections are the best 3D sections in any Sonic game to date - yes, better than Adventure, better than Colors, and better than Generations only because Generations' controls aren't tight. The 2D sections are fun too, though they seem a little too on-rails compared to Colors' Wisp Power-ups. The night sections... well, although they aren't great, they still are fun at times, and the motion controls make the night stages far superior to the HD version's. The boss fights (both day and night) are among the best 3D Sonic bosses to date.
    The graphics are top-notch. The game has some of the best graphics on the Wii, and definitely had the best graphics at the time it was released (yes, better than Super Mario Galaxy's). The sound is great too. The day stages' music are some of the Sonic series' finest, the night stages' music fits perfectly, and even the hub and menu music will get stuck in your head. My only complaint in this department is Jason Griffith's voice acting as Normal Sonic (Werehog Sonic's VAing is fine).
    Overall, Sonic Unleashed Wii is a great game. The night stages change the pace and have interesting gameplay, but it's the day stages that make the game. Buy this game if you have a Wii.
    Sonic Gameplay: 10
    Werehog Gameplay: 7
    Graphics: 9.5
    Sound: 9.5
    Replay Value: 8.5
    Overall: 9/10
  21. Oct 5, 2013
    This game was a very nice sonic game. I admit it may have its flaws (Like too many were-hog stages) But at least they were enjoyable. The fast paced action and humor give this game my rating of 8
  22. AndrewM
    Dec 6, 2008
    What I was looking for in a sonic game was a suitable follow-up to the Sonic Adventure series. and secret rings didn't cut it. this is the closest they have come ever since they put out sonic heroes. i love the werehog levels where you actually have to slow down and think your way through an area, and take out your frustration on the miserable little ghouls that wreak terror on the What I was looking for in a sonic game was a suitable follow-up to the Sonic Adventure series. and secret rings didn't cut it. this is the closest they have come ever since they put out sonic heroes. i love the werehog levels where you actually have to slow down and think your way through an area, and take out your frustration on the miserable little ghouls that wreak terror on the townsfolk. the only three things I found to be potentially problematic is 1. no camera controls, which can get pretty frustrating in werehog levels 2. hardly any 'spinball' action for sonic. ( I mean, the most fundemental part of sonic removed?? ) 3. chip. he just sounds so cheesy. and when all of a sudden he is a god (SPOILER ALERT) that kinda turned me off the whole story. besides that, this really takes the cake as a fenominal continuation of the sonic franchise Expand
  23. BloodS.1
    Jan 28, 2010
    The daytime stages in Sonic Unleashed are actually the new part to the game - the Werehog stages are just the original Sonic games plus lots of fighting minus enemies throughout each level and incredibly badly placed spikes and enemies. The only problem I have with the game is the fact that the werehog stages are twice as long as the daytime stages. Otherwise, the game is better than any The daytime stages in Sonic Unleashed are actually the new part to the game - the Werehog stages are just the original Sonic games plus lots of fighting minus enemies throughout each level and incredibly badly placed spikes and enemies. The only problem I have with the game is the fact that the werehog stages are twice as long as the daytime stages. Otherwise, the game is better than any other Sonic game I've played - including the classics. Expand
  24. MichaelD.
    Nov 24, 2008
    Sonic unleashed is fun! plain and simple. The daytime stages are a blast to play (literally) and sonic is faster than ever before! what really adds to the fun is the ability to drift around tight turns witch surprisingly works for the game, not against it. The night time stages on the other hand, isn't really that awesome, but it also isn't really that bad, in these stages you Sonic unleashed is fun! plain and simple. The daytime stages are a blast to play (literally) and sonic is faster than ever before! what really adds to the fun is the ability to drift around tight turns witch surprisingly works for the game, not against it. The night time stages on the other hand, isn't really that awesome, but it also isn't really that bad, in these stages you lumber around and beat the crud out of baddies, and these constant brawls don't really get too repetitive, thanks to a slew of cool butt whooping moves. also after every night time level you get a bunch of points that are applied to your stats which (if you get enough) can level you up or earn you new moves! In general, after you peel away the layers of "meh" gimmicks, an awesome adrenalin pumping platform is revealed! This is a step forward for the sonic franchise but he still has miles to go before he can get his 1991 fame back. Buy sonic unleashed for the good it has to offer, it blocks out the "so-so." Expand
  25. AndreasB.
    Dec 6, 2008
    I'm crying for the good parts of this game. I am playing these %§/&%§ ice world warehog stages for the 20th time or so now and I am just frustrated by the controls. Especially the "grab!" action does not work reliably, and so doesn't accelerating (if it fails, you almost certainly die because your jump will be too short). The result? Imprecise controls that make it I'm crying for the good parts of this game. I am playing these %§/&%§ ice world warehog stages for the 20th time or so now and I am just frustrated by the controls. Especially the "grab!" action does not work reliably, and so doesn't accelerating (if it fails, you almost certainly die because your jump will be too short). The result? Imprecise controls that make it more of a coincidence if you pass a level or not. Sonic Team, why, just why? This game could have been so good. Expand
  26. GuyNoir
    May 8, 2009
    I'll be honest, I love the sonic games, but the night stages are frightfully generic and dull and the day stages are loaded with glitches. The 2D segments, however, are a blast of fun to play. Unfortunaely, there are so few of them that it's just not worth it. Now, if sega made a game of only those...
  27. TomC
    Jun 26, 2009
    The worst part about this game is the fact that the sonic sections are by far the greatest 3d sonic ever. This is just another kick to the balls when compared to the horrible werhog sections. They are montonous that I didnt even bother completing this game. Sega let there fans down once again.
  28. JohnSmith
    Aug 28, 2009
    It wasn't that bad. You got basic sonic platforming. just with a slight twist. Sonic has certiantly gotten faster, but his Werewolf/hog form is much slower. some simple platforming can be an issue, but it's still the clssic sonic underneath.
  29. MarvinM
    Aug 28, 2009
    Honestly, at first I was hesitant about purchasing this game due to its low ratings. But after playing through it for a couple of hours, I have to say, I certainly don't regret purchasing Sonic Unleashed. The night levels aren't as bad as you'd think; I think it's quite entertaining to bash those creatures around. Also, the game's got some great replay value Honestly, at first I was hesitant about purchasing this game due to its low ratings. But after playing through it for a couple of hours, I have to say, I certainly don't regret purchasing Sonic Unleashed. The night levels aren't as bad as you'd think; I think it's quite entertaining to bash those creatures around. Also, the game's got some great replay value because you can unlock many missions, some even entirely new stages. The graphics and music were also great, even for a console like the Wii. So if you're a Sonic fan, go ahead and buy it. If not, consider renting it and taking it for a spin (no pun intended). Expand
  30. BenG
    Sep 8, 2009
    Best Wii game and one of the best Sonic games to date. Better than I expected. Play it and see. To Tom C "The worst part about this game is the fact that the sonic sections are by far the greatest 3d sonic ever." How does that make sense? Yes Sonic Unleashed is one of the best and most important gaming experiences we've ever played, but the fact the game also includes werehog somehow Best Wii game and one of the best Sonic games to date. Better than I expected. Play it and see. To Tom C "The worst part about this game is the fact that the sonic sections are by far the greatest 3d sonic ever." How does that make sense? Yes Sonic Unleashed is one of the best and most important gaming experiences we've ever played, but the fact the game also includes werehog somehow undoes that? Where are people's values? If someone is to deducts points for the werehog it should be minimal, that is if you insist on deducting points at all, because if you do, it is misleading, and it implies we should be avoiding great gameplay just because the total package isn't consistent. Expand
  31. JS
    Dec 15, 2008
    Sorry, I have to disagree with most reviewers on this one. I am a huge fan of the original Genesis Sonics, as well as the DS ones, but this is still nothing like them, even in the daylight episodes. The problem with the daylight episodes is it feels like you're playing a racing games with no opponents. The enemies are similar. The best part of the daytime levels is when the camera Sorry, I have to disagree with most reviewers on this one. I am a huge fan of the original Genesis Sonics, as well as the DS ones, but this is still nothing like them, even in the daylight episodes. The problem with the daylight episodes is it feels like you're playing a racing games with no opponents. The enemies are similar. The best part of the daytime levels is when the camera switches to the side, and you get a 3d/2d style view. If the game were designed mostly using this camera angle instead, and with more interesting levels (like the 2d Sonic levels), it would be what most fans want. I think the reviewers would have been more critical of the daylight levels had it not been for the horrible night, werehog, levels. The daytime levels are great in comparison. Anyway, in short, the daytime levels get boring quickly (except when the camera angle switches to a more 2d side view), the night time levels suck, and you can't cut through the terrible cut-scenes, which pop up constantly. I do not recommend buying this game. Rent it, play it for a few hours, then go back to the better Sonics on the DS. Expand
  32. PhilBailey
    Dec 19, 2008
    It's terrible. Absolutely, godforsakenly bad.

Only reason it doesn't rate a 0 is because of the childhood memories of running sonic around in 2d on the sega.
    This unfortunately makes it all the worse, because they haven't made a decent sonic since.

Time to put this hedgehog out to pasture.
  33. ManoelQ
    Dec 6, 2008
    The graphics are great for Wii, the hedgehog stages are great. And the same happens with the werehog stages as well. However, what makes this game a regular one is that it destroys the characteristics of Sonic: he was made to run, not to punch. If Dimps weren't lazy and dumb, they could make three acts for a day stage that this game would get 10 anywhere.
  34. JoeyR
    Jun 24, 2009
    OK, here goes. The daylight levels are very much like the original Sonic gameplay. In fact, Sega brought back for those levels everything that gamers have been whining about not being there since Sonic Adventure. Yet, when given exactly what they asked for, they still complain. The Werehog levels are fun, although the Wii version didn't need 3x the number of Werehog levels. Still, OK, here goes. The daylight levels are very much like the original Sonic gameplay. In fact, Sega brought back for those levels everything that gamers have been whining about not being there since Sonic Adventure. Yet, when given exactly what they asked for, they still complain. The Werehog levels are fun, although the Wii version didn't need 3x the number of Werehog levels. Still, its a fun game and I don't get why people don't like it. The only thing that matters is: Do you think it's fun? Don't examine everything critically, that only ruins the experience. Play the game just to play the game. Ignore what the reviewers have said and make your own unbiased opinion. Have fun. Stop whining. Play the game before you create an opinion of it. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Collapse
  35. JosephM.
    Nov 18, 2008
    This game is truly a sign of greater things to come in the Sonic. It is as if they lifted the curse of bad titles with this one; an almost true return to 2d gameplay glory. I found little annoyances with the Wii version's control scheme and the game is rather easy to get into. I was surprised at how much better the visuals actually are than what I saw in trailers and screenshots. This game is truly a sign of greater things to come in the Sonic. It is as if they lifted the curse of bad titles with this one; an almost true return to 2d gameplay glory. I found little annoyances with the Wii version's control scheme and the game is rather easy to get into. I was surprised at how much better the visuals actually are than what I saw in trailers and screenshots. Then again, most wii games look better when you play it in person. The boss battles at day are similar to that of Sonic Advance 2, where you keep up the fast pace, rather than fight a stationary boss. A great transition from 2d to 3d, finally. This title is a breath of fresh air for the Wii. Expand
  36. AntonioD.
    Nov 24, 2008
    Ok! The stages,graphics,music, and fast paced sonic is a real success in the game, but after the cool sonic epoch( a certain time), we get the werehog sonic. Sure the werehog is an impediment in your gaming, and the fact that it takes to long to complete the stages is sort of besot and a hindrance but it is not all that bad. People normally hate games that that take 3 hours to complete, Ok! The stages,graphics,music, and fast paced sonic is a real success in the game, but after the cool sonic epoch( a certain time), we get the werehog sonic. Sure the werehog is an impediment in your gaming, and the fact that it takes to long to complete the stages is sort of besot and a hindrance but it is not all that bad. People normally hate games that that take 3 hours to complete, and love games like twilight princess. The sonic levels may start out boring, but as you get farther in the game, you tend to get a grasp on this sonics' controls and like it. Over all, i give this game an 82%, but next time when Wii 2 is out, Nitendo better go all out! Expand

1. The Wii version has less annoying traits than the others and still retains all the usual mediocrity. The motion-control elements in the Werehog levels add an extra dimension to the action, and the hub worlds are entirely text-based and aren’t nearly as annoying. If you can stand the diminished graphics, the Wii version actually edges out the PS3 and 360 entries.
    Sonic Unleashed is half great game and half tedious gimmick.
  3. If you don't mind some fisticuffs mixed into your high-speed thrills, give Sonic Unleashed a shot. [Holiday 2008, p.80]