5.7

1. josiahhollibaugh
    Feb 17, 2008
    This game was amazing. it was the first one I could find where the wii controllers actually worked. When you swing left, the guy swings left. When you swing right, h swings right. Whoever is putting out reviews that gave this game a 14 can just go screw a goat. seriously.
  2. DerekG.
    Nov 22, 2007
    I thought this game was very dull at first glance but as I kept playing more and more I started to like it. I thought the graphics were not so special but the game play is clearly geared for experts and not for noobies. The controls don't automatically let you hit your enemy like in the older versions of this game. In this game you must really get a feel for each character type and I thought this game was very dull at first glance but as I kept playing more and more I started to like it. I thought the graphics were not so special but the game play is clearly geared for experts and not for noobies. The controls don't automatically let you hit your enemy like in the older versions of this game. In this game you must really get a feel for each character type and master blocking. I find it sad that people flame this game when it just came out, I know they haven't played it more then 10 minutes. Expand
  3. Jan 30, 2014
    I love this game. I recently got a secondhand Wii. It has 40 odd games and some classics like Mario Galaxy etc.. But which game do I like to play most? This one. Soul Calibur has easy to pick up and responsive controls- the onscreen sword responds very well to the wii remote and num chuck.

The graphics are good, I found the story quite lightweight but entertaining. It is a good workout to play- I finish after a 20 minute session with a light sweat from swinging the remote about so much.

As a 32 year old gamer I have played a lot of serious PC games and have lately come to appreciate the casual fun that a fun sword swinging game like this offers.

I would give it 8 but seeing as how this game has so many miserable ratings I am upping it to 10 to push the meta up a bit. Enjoy!

1. Soulcalibur Legends is a trap, luring in gullible gamers with the promise of two-player co-op and a cast of characters from the series. Once you take the bait, the whole rusty contraption snaps shut – and you will carry the scars of playing it for the rest of your life.
    The main problem here is that it feels like Legends should have been a side mode in a proper Soulcalibur rather than its own game. There are some good ideas, but it doesn't feel like a complete game.
  3. There's certainly potential here, albeit squandered (in my opinion) on the Wii where like so many of its games, the hook--waving the Wiimote--is more curse than cool. [Dec 2007, p.81]