7.9

1. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is just one giant, endless, awesome battle that I never get tired with. The controls work well with force and lightsaber attacks. This endless battle is a near-perfect game.
  2. Nov 20, 2011
    Alright, this game was OK. The game itself felt a bit too short. It felt very restricted since you were forced to land at a certain place. Also, I wish the multiplayer was more than just two players. But other than that the game was actually pretty fun.
  3. wulfen
    Oct 4, 2008
    This game is quite enjoyable. Understanding that the basic interpretation of "motion control" is to use the wiimote/nunchuk gestures as "button presses" of their own (in other words, no 1-1 tracking with a light saber, which is upcoming according to e3 demos w/ a peripheral addon), the "waving" of the controllers does make you feel like you're somewhat executing what happens on This game is quite enjoyable. Understanding that the basic interpretation of "motion control" is to use the wiimote/nunchuk gestures as "button presses" of their own (in other words, no 1-1 tracking with a light saber, which is upcoming according to e3 demos w/ a peripheral addon), the "waving" of the controllers does make you feel like you're somewhat executing what happens on screen, most particularly with force push and sith strike. I'd say the really good thing about the formula here is that they start you off with a nice array of power (immediately you can float an enemy in the air, then fling your light saber at him, finishing by force pushing him if he's not finished yet), then allows you to "level up" each of a variety of abilities. The power-up system feels much like the X-Men series of games that crosses platforms. Altogether, it's one of the few games I've purchased in the past year or so that I'll actually take to completion, if not beat twice (with all the upgraded powers). Expand
  4. JosephL.
    Sep 20, 2008
    Really, this is a fantastically fun game. I bought it (against my better judgment) as a Star Wars fan wanting to see the link from III to IV, and got exactly what I wanted: A great plot. Star Wars fans, seriously, get this. And anybody else, Starkiller is probably the most awesome Star Wars character I've ever seen (ok... second to Boba Fett maybe). What I didn't expect was the Really, this is a fantastically fun game. I bought it (against my better judgment) as a Star Wars fan wanting to see the link from III to IV, and got exactly what I wanted: A great plot. Star Wars fans, seriously, get this. And anybody else, Starkiller is probably the most awesome Star Wars character I've ever seen (ok... second to Boba Fett maybe). What I didn't expect was the great gameplay! The force powers are way more fun than I expected. Lightning... Force throws... Man, you even have to twist your writs like Darth Vader to choke helpless wookiees. It rocks. Check it out. Expand
  5. Julian21
    Oct 13, 2008
    This, is defintely a great Wii game. The fact that you swing the Wiimote to swing the light saber sold me! It's so much fun. The only problem is the graphics (which are early PS2), but really, it's the most fun 8 hours you'll ever play !
  6. PeterA
    Nov 30, 2008
    I am really enjoying this game! Using the Wii remote and nunchuck to pull off various force and lightsaber attacks is very fun. There are camera issues and the story gets a little crazy. But...there are so many force moves to use that you never get bored of slicing, crushing, and shocking imperial troopers, Jedi, and Sith.
  7. TylerM.
    Nov 7, 2008
    Great Game! The plot is very interesting and the gameplay is exciting. However, the game took only 5 hours to beat (that's why it gets an 8). I rented it or else I would be rather upset with the game. The replay value is very low but again it is an excellent game. All of the controls are very well done on the Wii. I own an xbox 360 and ps3 and this game is the best on Wii. Being able Great Game! The plot is very interesting and the gameplay is exciting. However, the game took only 5 hours to beat (that's why it gets an 8). I rented it or else I would be rather upset with the game. The replay value is very low but again it is an excellent game. All of the controls are very well done on the Wii. I own an xbox 360 and ps3 and this game is the best on Wii. Being able to force throw 20 stormtroopers at once is worth trying the game. Good luck! Expand
  8. ConstantineHarakas
    Mar 22, 2008
    I am looking forward to getting this game when it comes out. I am going to get it on the wii. It looks like the best game made from star wars. You can do so much action with the force and he lightsaber. THE BEST GAME PROBALLY COMING OUT OF APRIL!
  9. BillP
    Sep 18, 2008
    Once you get a feel for the mechanics, the amazing variety of force powers and the double-fisted control scheme will really draw you in. Their is the occasional camera frustration, but overall I find the game works smoothly and intuitively, and feels fast-paced and action packed. Exactly what I thought it would be!
  10. JeffW.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Not the greatest game ever produced, but TFU for Wii is still a fun ride for SW fans. If nothing else, it's a solid "unofficial" sequel of sorts (in terms of gameplay) to Metroid Prime 3, with the addition of Force powers & numerous other SW elements.
  11. JimmusM.
    Sep 30, 2008
    Great game. Decent graphics, good controls made especially for the Wii, and a very well done storyline. Sure, it's short, but I thought it was worth every buck. Sad when a pathetic game like Samba De Amigo gets a better score than a game like this.
    Oct 18, 2008
    Having played both the 360 and Wii versions of this game, I'm going to be making several comparisons. From a technical standpoint, graphics and AI in this version are not as good as the 360 and PS3 versions of the game. Despite this, I would consider the Wii release to be the definitive version of the game. This game truly shows the capability of the Wii controller. In the 360 Having played both the 360 and Wii versions of this game, I'm going to be making several comparisons. From a technical standpoint, graphics and AI in this version are not as good as the 360 and PS3 versions of the game. Despite this, I would consider the Wii release to be the definitive version of the game. This game truly shows the capability of the Wii controller. In the 360 version, many moves were mapped to various button combos, which can cause gameplay to quickly devolve into random button-mashing. The Wii controls were mapped intuitively with most lightsaber moves being done by the remote in your right hand and most force powers done by the nunchuck in your left. While perhaps slightly harder to pick up initially (for seasoned gamers whom are used to control pads), this system proved far more robust and intuitive in the end. For example, to do a "sword in the stone" type ground slam on the Wii version, you simply jump, then make a downward stabbing motion with the remote. Most (but not all) moves follow this kind of logical setup. The result is a game that truly feels fantastic to play. While the setup doesn't quite hit perfection (I felt the nunchuck could've been better utilized when using force grip), it's still the most engaging and fun way to play through an adventure that I've ever experienced. In addition to unsurpassed controls in an action game, the Wii version features a multiplayer duel mode not found in the 360 version. The game plays something like a cross between Smash Bros and Sould Calibur, and is surprisingly robust for what I expected to be a cheap toss-in. In fact, with a few more arenas and an online mode, it could pass as a standalone game. As is, it's still a lot of fun and drastically increases the value of the game. In fact, without the multiplayer mode, I would likely only recommend a rental of this game since the single player campaign isn't all that long. Overall the Wii version of Star Wars TFU takes what is a good-but-flawed action game, introduces intuitive and visceral controls, brings in a fun multiplayer mode, and creates a game which is more than the sum of its parts. The technically poor graphics quality is overcome by excellent art direction, the low value of a short campaign is balanced by a multiplayer mode you'll want to play with your friends, and the repitition that is the nature of these types of games is easily ignored due to both the engaging story (for Star Wars fans, at least) and the control scheme that's a blast to use. If you're a Star Wars fan and you own a Wii: buy this game. If you don't meet one of the prior criteria, you still might want to give it a look. Expand
  13. Marc-AndréBossé
    Sep 16, 2008
    Lacks polishing, you'll hear this often. Well it's true, but the truth is: the controls are working A1 and smashing out the bad guys has never been this fun... So what are u waiting for??? Go buy it if you're a fan, rent it if you're not, as simple as that.

#14 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#27 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Nintendo Power
    The multiplayer mode provides some good (if short-lived) entertainment - especially since the roster includes some fan-favorite "expanded universe" characters - but the story, the always-excellent Star Wars tunes, and the Force-powered combat are the real draws for fans. [Oct 2008, p.88]
  2. It's short and it's frustrating, but you'll still have a reasonably good time with this force-powered adventure.
  3. Nintendo Gamer
    Not an Empire Strikes Back life-changer, but a Return of hte Jedi romp. Plenty of technical hiccups, but fun is never far off. Duelling is alright, too. [Nov 2008, p.50]