7.9

1. May 30, 2015
    Only one word can describe The Force Unleashed (Wii, that is): meh. I don't know why developers even bother with this. I don't understand why they can't just use the level design from the 360 and PS3 versions instead of making unnecessary changes to the level and the game itself.

As an example, the opening cutscene on the other versions features Darth Vader talking to an Imperial officer. Here, it's a stormtrooper. Was that change needed? No. Does it bother anything? No, but that still doesn't mean it was necessary. If something isn't broken, don't fix it.
  2. Jan 26, 2014
    The force powers are fun but the game is very linear. Move from area to area killing everything and repeat. Found the wii controls get very confused when things get hectic. The character would sometimes run off of his own accord. Even more frustrating is the dueling; the controller doesn't always react properly or quickly enough which is very frustrating.
  3. Oct 24, 2013
    The character models look weird but that doesn't matter. The game does a great job with the Wii remote and nunchuck, the cut scenes felt like an all new Star Wars movie and it was very enjoyable.
  4. Nov 20, 2011
    Alright, this game was OK. The game itself felt a bit too short. It felt very restricted since you were forced to land at a certain place. Also, I wish the multiplayer was more than just two players. But other than that the game was actually pretty fun.
  5. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is just one giant, endless, awesome battle that I never get tired with. The controls work well with force and lightsaber attacks. This endless battle is a near-perfect game.
  6. Aug 22, 2011
    A very alive feel in the gameplay with some cool interaction, the Wii version feels very unique in this side in the other view, the surprisement won't last forever , it gets old. I think the force unleashed didn't felt very unleashed, I think it felt unresponsive.
  7. Jan 31, 2011
    Pretty good plot. But VERY short. I finished this game in one day. Very easy. I think they could add more to it. Not very appealing graphics. Anyway, a great rental!
  8. Aug 29, 2010
    I played and finished both this Wii version and the Xbox 360 version and I must say that this version is unfortunately the worst one. While the controls may create more realism, it does not offer great visuals. Yes I know the wii has lesser graphics, but Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 look far more better than this. Another thing is that they removed scenes and ideas that made theI played and finished both this Wii version and the Xbox 360 version and I must say that this version is unfortunately the worst one. While the controls may create more realism, it does not offer great visuals. Yes I know the wii has lesser graphics, but Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 look far more better than this. Another thing is that they removed scenes and ideas that made the storyline on the 360 very engaging and very movie like material. But to compensate, they create a duel mode that is not quite amazing, but still offers something interesting to battle with a friend. If you don't own the other consoles then you should still pick up this game if you are big fan of star wars because is still an experienced not to be missed. Expand
  9. SamJ
    Mar 25, 2009
    The whole game is excellent with perfect comabt and a good story, it's just too short, so don't buy it. rent it because you can easily finish the entire story mode in less than a day. it kinda has replay value, but it's just to see what would happen if you did the thing you didn't do (epic spoiler evading) The wii version is pretty much better due to the fact it has a The whole game is excellent with perfect comabt and a good story, it's just too short, so don't buy it. rent it because you can easily finish the entire story mode in less than a day. it kinda has replay value, but it's just to see what would happen if you did the thing you didn't do (epic spoiler evading) The wii version is pretty much better due to the fact it has a multiplayer mode making it more woth the money, while the 360/ps3 versions are just more graphically impressive. Expand
  10. PeterA
    Nov 30, 2008
    I am really enjoying this game! Using the Wii remote and nunchuck to pull off various force and lightsaber attacks is very fun. There are camera issues and the story gets a little crazy. But...there are so many force moves to use that you never get bored of slicing, crushing, and shocking imperial troopers, Jedi, and Sith.
  11. TylerM.
    Nov 7, 2008
    Great Game! The plot is very interesting and the gameplay is exciting. However, the game took only 5 hours to beat (that's why it gets an 8). I rented it or else I would be rather upset with the game. The replay value is very low but again it is an excellent game. All of the controls are very well done on the Wii. I own an xbox 360 and ps3 and this game is the best on Wii. Being able Great Game! The plot is very interesting and the gameplay is exciting. However, the game took only 5 hours to beat (that's why it gets an 8). I rented it or else I would be rather upset with the game. The replay value is very low but again it is an excellent game. All of the controls are very well done on the Wii. I own an xbox 360 and ps3 and this game is the best on Wii. Being able to force throw 20 stormtroopers at once is worth trying the game. Good luck! Expand
    Oct 18, 2008
    Having played both the 360 and Wii versions of this game, I'm going to be making several comparisons. From a technical standpoint, graphics and AI in this version are not as good as the 360 and PS3 versions of the game. Despite this, I would consider the Wii release to be the definitive version of the game. This game truly shows the capability of the Wii controller. In the 360 Having played both the 360 and Wii versions of this game, I'm going to be making several comparisons. From a technical standpoint, graphics and AI in this version are not as good as the 360 and PS3 versions of the game. Despite this, I would consider the Wii release to be the definitive version of the game. This game truly shows the capability of the Wii controller. In the 360 version, many moves were mapped to various button combos, which can cause gameplay to quickly devolve into random button-mashing. The Wii controls were mapped intuitively with most lightsaber moves being done by the remote in your right hand and most force powers done by the nunchuck in your left. While perhaps slightly harder to pick up initially (for seasoned gamers whom are used to control pads), this system proved far more robust and intuitive in the end. For example, to do a "sword in the stone" type ground slam on the Wii version, you simply jump, then make a downward stabbing motion with the remote. Most (but not all) moves follow this kind of logical setup. The result is a game that truly feels fantastic to play. While the setup doesn't quite hit perfection (I felt the nunchuck could've been better utilized when using force grip), it's still the most engaging and fun way to play through an adventure that I've ever experienced. In addition to unsurpassed controls in an action game, the Wii version features a multiplayer duel mode not found in the 360 version. The game plays something like a cross between Smash Bros and Sould Calibur, and is surprisingly robust for what I expected to be a cheap toss-in. In fact, with a few more arenas and an online mode, it could pass as a standalone game. As is, it's still a lot of fun and drastically increases the value of the game. In fact, without the multiplayer mode, I would likely only recommend a rental of this game since the single player campaign isn't all that long. Overall the Wii version of Star Wars TFU takes what is a good-but-flawed action game, introduces intuitive and visceral controls, brings in a fun multiplayer mode, and creates a game which is more than the sum of its parts. The technically poor graphics quality is overcome by excellent art direction, the low value of a short campaign is balanced by a multiplayer mode you'll want to play with your friends, and the repitition that is the nature of these types of games is easily ignored due to both the engaging story (for Star Wars fans, at least) and the control scheme that's a blast to use. If you're a Star Wars fan and you own a Wii: buy this game. If you don't meet one of the prior criteria, you still might want to give it a look. Expand
  13. Julian21
    Oct 13, 2008
    This, is defintely a great Wii game. The fact that you swing the Wiimote to swing the light saber sold me! It's so much fun. The only problem is the graphics (which are early PS2), but really, it's the most fun 8 hours you'll ever play !
  14. wulfen
    Oct 4, 2008
    This game is quite enjoyable. Understanding that the basic interpretation of "motion control" is to use the wiimote/nunchuk gestures as "button presses" of their own (in other words, no 1-1 tracking with a light saber, which is upcoming according to e3 demos w/ a peripheral addon), the "waving" of the controllers does make you feel like you're somewhat executing what happens on This game is quite enjoyable. Understanding that the basic interpretation of "motion control" is to use the wiimote/nunchuk gestures as "button presses" of their own (in other words, no 1-1 tracking with a light saber, which is upcoming according to e3 demos w/ a peripheral addon), the "waving" of the controllers does make you feel like you're somewhat executing what happens on screen, most particularly with force push and sith strike. I'd say the really good thing about the formula here is that they start you off with a nice array of power (immediately you can float an enemy in the air, then fling your light saber at him, finishing by force pushing him if he's not finished yet), then allows you to "level up" each of a variety of abilities. The power-up system feels much like the X-Men series of games that crosses platforms. Altogether, it's one of the few games I've purchased in the past year or so that I'll actually take to completion, if not beat twice (with all the upgraded powers). Expand
  15. JimmusM.
    Sep 30, 2008
    Great game. Decent graphics, good controls made especially for the Wii, and a very well done storyline. Sure, it's short, but I thought it was worth every buck. Sad when a pathetic game like Samba De Amigo gets a better score than a game like this.
  16. GraigS.
    Sep 28, 2008
    In a way. it's a good idea for a game. The character designs are cool, the voice acting is good. the cinematic sequences are good. Where this game fails is the game part. It's just not fun. Instead of using standard game play elements to kill bosses you use this sequence where you have to shake the wiimote, or shake the nunchuck. you have to shake the correct ones in order that In a way. it's a good idea for a game. The character designs are cool, the voice acting is good. the cinematic sequences are good. Where this game fails is the game part. It's just not fun. Instead of using standard game play elements to kill bosses you use this sequence where you have to shake the wiimote, or shake the nunchuck. you have to shake the correct ones in order that it displays on the screen, and then you beat the boss. That's the part that kills it for me. Having to do that makes it a good cinematic sequence, but a terrible game. The other part is the attacks aren't very good, the control scheme is just off. here you are with a light saber. but you can only swing it once every second or so, if you wanna hit something really fast you can't. i know, this game is supposed to be more about force powers. but that gets old really fast. it's most efficient to just pick up and throw mobs into a wall. or off a cliff. Another problem with the game is that there's just no difficulty. If you die it just pops you back up again. over and over at the exact same spot you left off. the only negative is that it adds some health to the boss. but that does't even matter because you have to use the annoying sequence cinematic thing to kill the boss. Definately don't buy this before you rent it. Expand
  17. Aniqiewan
    Sep 22, 2008
    One amazingly epic story played out over repetitive and occasionally tedious levels. However the game is a goldmine of lore, missing links and has a truly awesome finale. Using gestures to control your force powers and lightsaber is a really cool way to experience being a jedi; and the duel mode, while being fairly simple regarding duel settings, can give you some epic battles straight One amazingly epic story played out over repetitive and occasionally tedious levels. However the game is a goldmine of lore, missing links and has a truly awesome finale. Using gestures to control your force powers and lightsaber is a really cool way to experience being a jedi; and the duel mode, while being fairly simple regarding duel settings, can give you some epic battles straight out of the movies. Expand
  18. JeffW.
    Sep 22, 2008
    Not the greatest game ever produced, but TFU for Wii is still a fun ride for SW fans. If nothing else, it's a solid "unofficial" sequel of sorts (in terms of gameplay) to Metroid Prime 3, with the addition of Force powers & numerous other SW elements.
  19. JosephL.
    Sep 20, 2008
    Really, this is a fantastically fun game. I bought it (against my better judgment) as a Star Wars fan wanting to see the link from III to IV, and got exactly what I wanted: A great plot. Star Wars fans, seriously, get this. And anybody else, Starkiller is probably the most awesome Star Wars character I've ever seen (ok... second to Boba Fett maybe). What I didn't expect was the Really, this is a fantastically fun game. I bought it (against my better judgment) as a Star Wars fan wanting to see the link from III to IV, and got exactly what I wanted: A great plot. Star Wars fans, seriously, get this. And anybody else, Starkiller is probably the most awesome Star Wars character I've ever seen (ok... second to Boba Fett maybe). What I didn't expect was the great gameplay! The force powers are way more fun than I expected. Lightning... Force throws... Man, you even have to twist your writs like Darth Vader to choke helpless wookiees. It rocks. Check it out. Expand
  20. DonC.
    Sep 18, 2008
    I have the Wii version. I rate this game a four. The graphics are great. The skill progression is easy to implement but a little too simplistic. The storyline is mediocre at best. I like the cutscene style fights with bosses, God of War style. The basic controls required for those scenes make them easy, however it does allow you to pay more attention to what is happening IN the scene. I I have the Wii version. I rate this game a four. The graphics are great. The skill progression is easy to implement but a little too simplistic. The storyline is mediocre at best. I like the cutscene style fights with bosses, God of War style. The basic controls required for those scenes make them easy, however it does allow you to pay more attention to what is happening IN the scene. I am a huge Star Wars fan and LOVED the KotOR series, and this game is THE reason I bought a Wii. With all these positives to the game, "why did you rate it only a 4?" you ask? I blame Blizzard for ruining the gaming industry, because after World of Warcraft, I expect a wee bit more than just 7 hours and 36 minutes of gameplay before completing the storyline for $50... My recommendation: Rental or Used, I bought mine on tuesday, beat it on wednesday, and reserved Wrath of the Lich King with it in trade on Thursday. I hope this review helps you make your decision. -Peace out. Expand
  21. BillP
    Sep 18, 2008
    Once you get a feel for the mechanics, the amazing variety of force powers and the double-fisted control scheme will really draw you in. Their is the occasional camera frustration, but overall I find the game works smoothly and intuitively, and feels fast-paced and action packed. Exactly what I thought it would be!
  22. Marc-AndréBossé
    Sep 16, 2008
    Lacks polishing, you'll hear this often. Well it's true, but the truth is: the controls are working A1 and smashing out the bad guys has never been this fun... So what are u waiting for??? Go buy it if you're a fan, rent it if you're not, as simple as that.
  23. motrenurt
    Sep 15, 2008
    Good game except for the fact there is only 9 hours gameplay, so in my opinion a waste of money. When will Nintendo and games manufacturers startmaking real games for the Wii?
    Anyways, final comment. All Hype, No Substance! & that goes for the console and all its games. I feel ripped off!
  24. motrenurt
    Sep 15, 2008
    Well I enjoyed it, what little there was of it. Wii versioin completed in 9 hours! Probably could have done it a lot quicker too. Why is it that the Wii is not counted as a real console by Nintendo or games manufacturers? The no. of real games on this console can be counted on a 3 fingered hand! Guess ill have to keep waiting for something which will justify the hype.
  25. Fryfat
    Aug 29, 2008
    I demoed the Wii version and the PS3 version at a recent tech show. Hands down, the PS3 was the superior game. Do not be fooled by the gimmick nature of the Wii remote. I think it is a great game, but needs to be played on either a XBOX360 or PS3 to really achieve full enjoyment.
  26. ConstantineHarakas
    Mar 22, 2008
    I am looking forward to getting this game when it comes out. I am going to get it on the wii. It looks like the best game made from star wars. You can do so much action with the force and he lightsaber. THE BEST GAME PROBALLY COMING OUT OF APRIL!
  27. Nov 20, 2011

1. The multiplayer mode provides some good (if short-lived) entertainment - especially since the roster includes some fan-favorite "expanded universe" characters - but the story, the always-excellent Star Wars tunes, and the Force-powered combat are the real draws for fans. [Oct 2008, p.88]
  2. It's short and it's frustrating, but you'll still have a reasonably good time with this force-powered adventure.
  3. Not an Empire Strikes Back life-changer, but a Return of hte Jedi romp. Plenty of technical hiccups, but fun is never far off. Duelling is alright, too. [Nov 2008, p.50]