7.9

1. Jan 2, 2011
    As a long time fan of Homestar Runner and Strong Bad, I had high hopes for this game. General reviews on Metacritic seemed to indicate that it was a good buy, too. Well, color me disappointed. I spent the entire time stumbling around the Homestar "universe" saying to myself "What am I supposed to be doing?" -- Granted, this game *is* sort of built in the style of the old Sierra games whereAs a long time fan of Homestar Runner and Strong Bad, I had high hopes for this game. General reviews on Metacritic seemed to indicate that it was a good buy, too. Well, color me disappointed. I spent the entire time stumbling around the Homestar "universe" saying to myself "What am I supposed to be doing?" -- Granted, this game *is* sort of built in the style of the old Sierra games where you get things in your inventory and use basic reasoning to figure out what you're supposed to do. But I felt like those games always had a decent storyline/plot guiding you along. This game does not. Sure, you can crank up the Hints to "High", but even then, figuring things out was very trial-and-error and quite arduous. Not really what a game is supposed to be: Fun. Just to get thru this game, I had to reference a walk-thru many times. And each time, I said "Oh, that's what they want me to do? Wow, that's dumb." -- Now, that I've rained on this game completely, I have to say that it does have some redeeming value. It's mildly amusing to "live" in the Homestar universe and interact with the characters, but in the end, it's really not worth it. My recommendation: Skip this game. Expand

1. Clocking in at the better part of four hours, with a cost of 1000 Wii Points, each episode of Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People will give hope monthly to those looking to support WiiWare.
  2. However, it appears that they weren't able to perfectly hit their stride in terms of puzzle creation, and this episode definitely has some of the early-season jitters that the first few episodes of Sam & Max had.
  3. The amount of content and the price point is just on the right side of comfortable, with the story trading ambition for authenticity. As a result, this first game can be called 'pretty good', but it’s still a little short on awesomeness.