9.1

Universal acclaim- based on 2035 Ratings

1. Dec 4, 2017
    God, I never regret that I bought this Mario game. Have to admit, undoubtedly the best Mario experience of all time. The level system is simply a masterpiece and the bosses are so fun that you just want to sit in the chair all day. I just have not word to say how awesome this game really is. This is MOST BUY GAME FOR WII, period.
  2. Nov 13, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best Mario games made. As soon as you start the game, you are greeted by a sense of exploration. Mario, along with his companion from Galaxy 1, Luma, explore over 45 gorgeous and unique galaxies each with their own set of stars. Luma adds to Mario's move-set, by providing what's almost a double jump, a new way to attack enemies, and being able to transformSuper Mario Galaxy is one of the best Mario games made. As soon as you start the game, you are greeted by a sense of exploration. Mario, along with his companion from Galaxy 1, Luma, explore over 45 gorgeous and unique galaxies each with their own set of stars. Luma adds to Mario's move-set, by providing what's almost a double jump, a new way to attack enemies, and being able to transform through shooting stars. The post-game content adds a brand new world, filled with brand new difficult stages, filled with class throwbacks. After you collect all 120 stars, you can go back and explore each galaxy again, to find hidden green stars. These require you to search everywhere, as some of them are really hidden. After you collect all of them, you unlock one final galaxy, The Grandmaster Galaxy. This is a very difficult stage, which requires all of your skills in order to complete it and collect the final 2 stars, which brings the total of stars in the game to 242. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a must play for any Mario fan. The large amount of fun and difficult platforming really requires you to use your new moves and brand new power-ups. Although the stars are linear, some galaxies feel quite open world, even though you are heading a specific path. With all that been said, I recommend this game to both casual and competitive players, because this game really is a blast for all. Expand
  3. Nov 7, 2017
    Great game, but didn't impress me like Galaxy 1 and I also prefer more open levels of Galaxy 1. But I can undrestand why people prefer this one. Still i give it 10 becouse i cant find any flaws.
  4. Nov 6, 2017
    The first one was perfect and the sequel is... also perfect! Super Mario Galaxy 2 serves as a manual of how to make a great sequel: expand the scope, maintain the mechanics and be fun.
  5. Nov 6, 2017
    Super Mario sempre se supera em todas as gerações, a Nintendo tem um carinho e um cuidado com os jogos dele que são incríveis, o Galaxy continua com exploração em mundos belíssimos em 3D e quebra cabeças de tirar o folego de tão criativos. Os mundos, planetas, cometas, estrelas, tudo é tão bem feito, harmonioso que temos vontade de não parar de jogar de tão lindos que são feitos os mundos.Super Mario sempre se supera em todas as gerações, a Nintendo tem um carinho e um cuidado com os jogos dele que são incríveis, o Galaxy continua com exploração em mundos belíssimos em 3D e quebra cabeças de tirar o folego de tão criativos. Os mundos, planetas, cometas, estrelas, tudo é tão bem feito, harmonioso que temos vontade de não parar de jogar de tão lindos que são feitos os mundos. Uma obra de arte incrível! A Nintendo reformulou esse Mario Galaxy que continua tão incrível e até melhor que o primeiro, apaixonante! Expand
  6. Nov 1, 2017
    Absurdo y repetitivo es claro que nintendo a encontrado un mercado que lo apoya incondicionalmente y del cual seguirá abusando por mucho tiempo, y debo decir que en este videojuego mario se ve muy afeminado, no quiero ofender a nadie ni mucho menos pero me llamo la atención que una compañera de trabajo no quiso comprarle este videojuego a su hijo por este motivo. Me disculpo si alguien seAbsurdo y repetitivo es claro que nintendo a encontrado un mercado que lo apoya incondicionalmente y del cual seguirá abusando por mucho tiempo, y debo decir que en este videojuego mario se ve muy afeminado, no quiero ofender a nadie ni mucho menos pero me llamo la atención que una compañera de trabajo no quiso comprarle este videojuego a su hijo por este motivo. Me disculpo si alguien se siente ofendido Expand
  7. Oct 22, 2017
    Game sequels are rarely ever better than the originals, Mario Galaxy set the bar so high that it being topped by it's sequel would be odd, but Galaxy 2 was able to at least equal out it's predecessor. Yes it may cut corners in the hub world department and it's way of entering levels is somewhat unsatisfying but it wasn't a deal breaker. They wanted to quicken the pace of the game and itGame sequels are rarely ever better than the originals, Mario Galaxy set the bar so high that it being topped by it's sequel would be odd, but Galaxy 2 was able to at least equal out it's predecessor. Yes it may cut corners in the hub world department and it's way of entering levels is somewhat unsatisfying but it wasn't a deal breaker. They wanted to quicken the pace of the game and it was completely worth it. Adding new powerups, enemies and Yoshi really changed the game up for the better. But storywise,hubworld wise and music wise this game fell flat compared to the first game. But it's the better overall better GAME wise. Galaxy 1 still remains the better full package though. Expand
  8. Oct 14, 2017
    Like Super Mario Galaxy, the game is entertaining. I positively like it because it is great and fun. I'm not playing a game unlike this awesome game. It is more fun than Super Mario Galaxy 1.
  9. Oct 13, 2017
    This game is perfect. Nintendo took the Mario formula, and perfected it in every way possible. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is by far the best Mario game in history. I wish I could give this game an 11, but a 10 will have to suffice. This game is truly Nintendo's magnum opus, and nothing else can compare. It. Is. PERFECT.
  10. Sep 5, 2017
    This is the best game of all time!

Yes! It's that good!

Why?

+The idea of mario and yoshi going to a bunch of planets is amazing.

+The way Bowser kidnaps Peach is fresh cuz we didn't see such a thing before,

+This game has awesome boss fights.

+Creative power-ups... That's all I need to say.

+ there are way more positives but do I need to say them all?
  11. Sep 3, 2017
    I've only played this a couple of times and i never finished it but I came close but I can say it's amazing! The levels, the addition of Yoshi, the music, the bosses, the enemies, and much more! Phenomenal game!
  12. Jul 18, 2017
    La secuela perfecta de un juego perfecto. No hay mucho que decir, es un juego increible, extenso, con uno jefes y modos de juego realmente difíciles, y una historia no muy profunda pero muy buena.
  13. Rgc
    Jul 4, 2017
    I'm going to make it very brief, it's the best video game of mario and patlaformas since the super mario 64.
    Its innovation explains how amazing Nintendo is. The awesome gameplay in this game and the past, the new powers of Mario and the return of Yoshi. The soundtrack is perfect and beautiful.
    In the end, I do not say more since most, if not all, who see this will have played or seen some video.
  14. Jun 29, 2017
    Galaxy 2 improves in many ways from its majestic predecessor. In this sequel, the galaxies are very creative, each one offering at least two challenging missions, as well as the hardest level in the series (The Perfect Run). The soundtrack is among Nintendo's greatest. The difficulty is decently high, but not frustrating most of the time, making the game more enjoyable. Unlocking the GreenGalaxy 2 improves in many ways from its majestic predecessor. In this sequel, the galaxies are very creative, each one offering at least two challenging missions, as well as the hardest level in the series (The Perfect Run). The soundtrack is among Nintendo's greatest. The difficulty is decently high, but not frustrating most of the time, making the game more enjoyable. Unlocking the Green Star challenge adds so much more to the game by making you collect all 120 green stars scattered across the universe. But like every game, SMG 2 has its flaws. The story isn't as developed as the one of the first game. In terms of mechanics, it adds nothing. And the final boss was just way too easy despite its epic atmosphere. But this flaws barely even affect Mario's greatest adventure. It's a very enjoyable experience every Mario fan must experience. But let me remark one thing: Super Mario Galaxy 2 was the end of Mario's legendary games, and started the franchise's downfall. Expand
  15. Jun 17, 2017
    This game takes every good about Super Mario Galaxy 1 and makes it better in pretty much every way it could. By far one of, if not the best game ever created.
  16. May 26, 2017
    I remember the day I saw the ad for SMG2. I was planning to buy Brawl and Sonic Colors, but this made me instantly scarp both ideas and get this instead. And although I did get both games later, I never regret the decision of buying SMG2 that day. Fast forward seven years and I'm still playing this game and enjoying it like it's my first time. And it's right below SMG (which is myI remember the day I saw the ad for SMG2. I was planning to buy Brawl and Sonic Colors, but this made me instantly scarp both ideas and get this instead. And although I did get both games later, I never regret the decision of buying SMG2 that day. Fast forward seven years and I'm still playing this game and enjoying it like it's my first time. And it's right below SMG (which is my favorite game).

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (SMG2 for short) did everything the first game perfected and somehow made it better. It took all the smooth platforming, the spin, the planets and gravity and galaxies and added more unique aspects like the flip switches, Rock Mario and Cloud Mario, new and creative enemies and new enemy AI, and best of all Yoshi. Yoshi would regularly feel like a buff to Mario due to his increase flutter jump, ability to take out enemies at a range and 1ups from eating fruits, but his vulnerable and slightly uncontrollable nature seem to keep the game's difficulty the same as with Mario.

The game does have flaws, such as the dumb enemy AI sometimes and glitches of coins through the floor and whatnot, but the most notable are the new cosmic clones that are creative, but just poorly executed and don't feel right in some areas. Sometimes they're pointless, other times they make the game too hard. But the major complaint with them is the fact that there is no point to cosmic clones apart from creating an effect that we can't just go back and try again.

Overall, this game is 10/10 no doubt.
  17. May 18, 2017
    Muy merecida secuela que supera en todo los aspectos al original. Con unos gráficos y ambientaciones mas típicas de juegos de Mario los niveles se disfrutan y ya el nivel final tiene una dificultad que no se espera de un juego de Mario pero se agradece. Le pongo un 96/100
  18. May 16, 2017
    This game is the definition of a masterpiece. Just about everything in this game is perfect. The level design is the best I've ever seen for any platformer. The music is awe-inspiring and epic. But isn't afraid to be fun at the same time. And this game improves on everything from the last game. The hub world is also really memorable and I actually kind of like it more than the commitThis game is the definition of a masterpiece. Just about everything in this game is perfect. The level design is the best I've ever seen for any platformer. The music is awe-inspiring and epic. But isn't afraid to be fun at the same time. And this game improves on everything from the last game. The hub world is also really memorable and I actually kind of like it more than the commit observatory. This is a must play no matter who you are. PS the gameplay is also stunning and responsive. Expand
  19. Apr 17, 2017
    This game fixed all the minor problems from the original to create a fresh experience that absolutely blew the first out of the water. With tons of fresh new galaxies and worlds to go to this game will keep anyone who was hooked on the original to turn it off and play this instead. This is by far and large the definitive greatest 3D Mario game ever, and Nintendo will be hard pressed toThis game fixed all the minor problems from the original to create a fresh experience that absolutely blew the first out of the water. With tons of fresh new galaxies and worlds to go to this game will keep anyone who was hooked on the original to turn it off and play this instead. This is by far and large the definitive greatest 3D Mario game ever, and Nintendo will be hard pressed to ever make a better one. Expand
  20. Apr 8, 2017
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is even better than the first one. It's the true pinnacle to all the 3D Mario games in general. It's one of the best video game sequels ever made. The story is a lot less epic but a lot more heartfelt and adventurous, excellent gameplay, solid controls, well-crafted graphics and designs, new power-ups to use, bringing back the addition of Yoshi but with new gameplaySuper Mario Galaxy 2 is even better than the first one. It's the true pinnacle to all the 3D Mario games in general. It's one of the best video game sequels ever made. The story is a lot less epic but a lot more heartfelt and adventurous, excellent gameplay, solid controls, well-crafted graphics and designs, new power-ups to use, bringing back the addition of Yoshi but with new gameplay mechanics, brilliant music and a perfectly balanced difficulty. If you love the first Mario Galaxy game so much, you would love this game even more. This is a must-own for your Nintendo Wii library. I gave it the same score as the first one, a 10 out of 10. Expand
  21. Mar 25, 2017
    While this game certainly looks and plays great, it basically just feels like an expansion on the first game. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has the exact same gameplay that we saw in Galaxy 1 and even looks exactly the same as before. Some might say it looks the same because it was released on the same console, but it is definitely possible to upgrade the graphics from one entry to the next on theWhile this game certainly looks and plays great, it basically just feels like an expansion on the first game. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has the exact same gameplay that we saw in Galaxy 1 and even looks exactly the same as before. Some might say it looks the same because it was released on the same console, but it is definitely possible to upgrade the graphics from one entry to the next on the same console (just look at super mario bros and super mario bros 3 or zelda twilight princess and skyward sword). While there certainly is no doubt that this game is fun to play and has loads of content, it still just feels like deja vu. But if they were going to rehash content from the first game, they should have taken some advice from that game and included an engaging story and a fantastic character, but they didn't. Instead we got a lame guide/companion that has no personality whatsoever. Overall, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is not a bad game at all, but it certainly is not a creative or innovative game at all. It was basically Super Mario Galaxy with Yoshi and different levels. Expand
  22. Mar 25, 2017
    Even though I didn't like this game as much as the first Mario Galaxy, it Blew me away! (Get it? Gusty garden?) beautiful graphics for a wii game, awesome soundtrack, anti- gravity mechanics, good story, great gameplay, and the overall ideal concept of the game made me ADORE it so much, great game, Nintendo, 10/10!!
  23. Mar 12, 2017
    Thanks Nintendo for replacing the amazing comet observatory with a boring and small Mario head... Literally. Thank you for practically removing Rosalina throughout the whole game. Thank you for making a 3D Mario that wasn't a sandbox, so if you're stuck or don't like the galaxy guess what? You have to put up with it. Thank you for adding Yoshi and only putting him in five levels. Thank youThanks Nintendo for replacing the amazing comet observatory with a boring and small Mario head... Literally. Thank you for practically removing Rosalina throughout the whole game. Thank you for making a 3D Mario that wasn't a sandbox, so if you're stuck or don't like the galaxy guess what? You have to put up with it. Thank you for adding Yoshi and only putting him in five levels. Thank you for making a game that had too many ideas to be a DLC but not enough to be a game. thank you for ruining Mario galaxy. Expand
  24. Mar 12, 2017
    A disappointing sequel to one of the best games ever made. The comet amazing observatory is replaced by a boring and small Mario Head (literally...), the worlds are organised in a Super Mario Bros style instead of a sandbox, which is definitely not the best approach for a 3D Mario. Rosalina, one of my favorite characters from the Mario franchise, has been replaced by a fat, ugly, purpleA disappointing sequel to one of the best games ever made. The comet amazing observatory is replaced by a boring and small Mario Head (literally...), the worlds are organised in a Super Mario Bros style instead of a sandbox, which is definitely not the best approach for a 3D Mario. Rosalina, one of my favorite characters from the Mario franchise, has been replaced by a fat, ugly, purple luma (at least I think it's a luma...). The boss fights are boring, which is a huge letdown compared to the first game. The only thing that has been added is Yoshi, but you can only use him for 5 levels and it's even that fun. And what's more you can't redo the game as Luigi, what's the point of unlocking him once you've already finished the game? Expand
  25. Feb 28, 2017
    Curse you SMG2 that I simply don't even this Game maybe because the first one wasn't that bad but the second is stupid Why! Why! Why is this game so popular!!!!!!
  26. Feb 17, 2017
    Worst 3D Mario game by far. I love all the 3D mario games except for this one, and here's why.

Too Many Bosses - No one plays Mario games for the bosses, and this game has more bosses than any other. They all kind of play like the Mario 64 bosses (King Bob-omb and Thwomp) where you have to figure out a trick to kill them. Mario is about platforming, with maybe a boss or water level thrown in every now and then to mix it up. This game feels like 25% bosses. Boring!

Stupid Mini-Games - There are a lot of mini-games where there are a set number of enemies and you have to kill before the time runs out. Or you have to destroy a bunch of boxes with fireballs before the time runs out. Or ice skate around a small square and run into enemies. These stars are just 100% boring filler. Less fun than a Mario Party mini-game to be honest. With these stars + the boss stars, the game drags.

Gimmicky power-ups - These are less bad than the above-mentioned things, but with everything else it just adds more tediousness. For example, take the Drill power-up that lets you drill through planets to the other side. It's kind of fun to use I guess, but it completely changes the gameplay from a Mario game to some kind of weird mini-game where you drill through stuff. It makes several of the levels feel gimmicky, and with the bosses and mini-game stars it starts to make the game feel like it's all gimmicks and no Mario gameplay. Some of the power-ups are fine, but generally I start to feel like I'm playing a Mario Party game with bad mini-games.

Using Yoshi's Tongue and Fireballs Does Not Feel Tactile And Good - When I have Yoshi I just want to jump around and press B to stick out his tongue in random directions and grab stuff. Do I really need to point my wiimote at enemies to do it? Imagine if in Mario World you couldn't jump around and press B randomly, but had to point a wiimote at each enemy you wanted to eat. And there was no way to stick out your tongue otherwise. It might improve your accuracy, but the tactile feel of just moving around and aiming your tongue is more fun and feels more responsive. The fireballs are similar, I just want to press B, not shake the remote to use it. Both of these "items" (Yoshi and Fireballs) are just two more gimmicky things that turn a level into a gimmicky mini-game. Super Mario 3D world has showed us that this game would have been fiine if tapping B to aim fireballs (or even a yoshi tongue) in 3D works great and feels more Mario-ey and feels tactile.

Too Much Time Wasted In Animations - It takes 1-2 minutes after getting a star to get back into a level. There's the animation of getting the star, going back to the ship, showing your star stats, walking to the switch to active the ship, going back to the map and moving your ship across it, selecting the star, then mario being shot onto the world to start the level. It gets boring when I'm spending half my time watching this stuff. Then when I get to a star and find out it's some dumb mini-game or gimmick I'm so frustrated. I watched a speedrun of this game for a charity event recently (AGDQ) and there was more downtime for the announcer to read donation messages than any other game I've seen. And it was a speedrun! Usually speedruns have constant information and gameplay but there was so much downtime. Also there will often be two or three times in a level where you waste 10-15 seconds talking to a little star guy, watch him turn into a star shooter portal thing, then jump and shake your remote, then watch mario shoot all the way to another planet. Imagine if you were playing Mario for NES and 1/3rd of the way through every level the game just paused for 12 seconds to make a star portal. It would drive you insane!

Too Easy - Usually your reward for finally getting into a level is that you easily trot through it and get the star. Nobody likes when a Mario game is too easy. I remember people complained about Super Mario Bros. Wii for that (I think it was that one.) We play games to challenge our minds, so when a game is too easy it just feels like a waste of time. No other 3D mario game has this problem.

2D Levels Use Up More Space In This 3D Mario Game - Let me be clear, I like the 2D levels. They're good. But in a game with precious little 3D mario platforming that isn't gimmicky, the 2D levels just kind of use up space that could be used on 3D Mario levels.

In the end, this game feels like it was made by the Mario Party team and it's just a bunch of gimmicky levels that play like mini-games. Between all the power-ups, bosses, yoshis, 2d levels, mini-games, and other gimmicks you rarely get to have some normal 3D mario gameplay. I just want to run around as Mario and try to beat a level from start to finish without being turned into some non-mario object, or playing a stupid mini-game, or playing some other 2d mario game, or fighting King Bob-omb 9.0. Ahhh!!!
  27. Dec 24, 2016
    The first game is one of the greatest masterpieces in the entire video game industry. This however, is an average sequel. It has none of the magic that made the first game great, straight up copies huge elements from the first game without adding anything that substantially changes the gameplay. This should have been released as an expansion, it doesn't deserve to be called a full sequel at all.
  28. Dec 19, 2016
    My first game of mario, the best of ever, never I have play a one of this on my life and when I played I was feeling happy for inside, I am remember the bosses in each world. I want other mario Which this
  29. Dec 11, 2016
    It's a masterpiece from every points! A must play for every Wii/Wii u owner! The game is gorgeous and got alot of variety in terms of level design. Technically speaking, It's look damn good too ( even in 2016!). there is alot of great idea in the levels that make them fun. the orchestral music is superb! I love it! A sequel that doesn't change too much, but add more to the experience. NotIt's a masterpiece from every points! A must play for every Wii/Wii u owner! The game is gorgeous and got alot of variety in terms of level design. Technically speaking, It's look damn good too ( even in 2016!). there is alot of great idea in the levels that make them fun. the orchestral music is superb! I love it! A sequel that doesn't change too much, but add more to the experience. Not too hard to finish the main stars, but very hard to 100%. A lot of content as well. Very good replayability. Expand
  30. Sep 20, 2016
    Basically Super Mario Galaxy 1.5. It doesn't mean the game isn't fantastic, though, since it improves on the formula that made the first game one of the best videogames of all time.
  31. Aug 30, 2016
    I almost can't find the words to describe this game. It has spectacular level design, top-notch gameplay, and hours upon hours of fun to be had. Improving on the original in every conceivable way, from the graphics to the addition of Yoshi, this is the best Wii game out there, and my personal favourite Mario game. I would certainly recommend this for Wii owners and or for the VirtualI almost can't find the words to describe this game. It has spectacular level design, top-notch gameplay, and hours upon hours of fun to be had. Improving on the original in every conceivable way, from the graphics to the addition of Yoshi, this is the best Wii game out there, and my personal favourite Mario game. I would certainly recommend this for Wii owners and or for the Virtual Console on the Wii U. Expand
  32. Aug 22, 2016
    Não gostei do jogo, achei muito chato, para mim mario acabou no 2 japones, e a serie galaxy eu nao gostei tambem, o jogo é bonito e vejo que muitos gostaram, mas eu nao gostei, achei enjoativo
  33. Aug 19, 2016
    A sequel to the excellent "Super Mario Galaxy" is practically necessary. However I was ashamed on Nintendo for making it as if the first game never existed. That's right! Mario doesn't remember the Baby Luma or Rosalina! And as another disappointment, the game itself is actually quite short. Pretty much any level in the game is really easy, and you only need 70 stars to complete the game.A sequel to the excellent "Super Mario Galaxy" is practically necessary. However I was ashamed on Nintendo for making it as if the first game never existed. That's right! Mario doesn't remember the Baby Luma or Rosalina! And as another disappointment, the game itself is actually quite short. Pretty much any level in the game is really easy, and you only need 70 stars to complete the game. It also feels a lot more like a "New Super Mario Bros." because the story is basically the same, and there's aspects like World Maps and Giant Bowser Battles that make the once unique "Super Mario Galaxy" seem more like a NSMB with space.

That's not to say that it has it's perks though. Levels that involve Yoshi are a lot of fun and can be challenging. And power-ups like the Rock Mushroom or the Cloud Flower are also fun to use. But other power-ups like the Boo Mushroom are scarce in the game. the Ice Flower and Red Star are not present here either. However if there's one thing SMG2 does better than it's predecessor, it's the multiplayer. Multiplayer allows the second player to be a Luma, and becomes a lot more useful.

To sum it up, SMG2 has gotten the NSMB syndrome. But with it's multiplayer function and new levels to play, it's still a decent game. Hopefully Super Mario Galaxy 3 can do better
  34. Jul 29, 2016
    While the game surely is fun, it fails to reach the high standard set by the first game. With no deeper meanings and story, this game takes away everything that made Super Mario Galaxy shine. Don't expect epic endings or beginnings, storybooks or places with a backstory.

That being said, the level designs are still quite okay, while a little too easy. Classic levels are featured, but they have been made easier (one of the game's biggest failures). The boss fights are a spot-on, the very best part of the game. Apart from the final boss fight. That was a joke.
  35. Jul 16, 2016
    I love smg1 but the 2nd one is better cause it has better levels, more variety, good storyline, amazing platforming, graphics, and gameplay, This game is amazing.
  36. Jul 2, 2016
    The last time I played this game was 6 years ago bak in 2010. I was only 7, but I could still tell that this game was a masterpiece. Beautiful orchestral soundtrack that's unforgettable, gameplay that felt like a dream, and environments that made you know you were playing a Nintendo game. I looked back on my profile for the first time since 2010, and I'd discovered I had 100% competed theThe last time I played this game was 6 years ago bak in 2010. I was only 7, but I could still tell that this game was a masterpiece. Beautiful orchestral soundtrack that's unforgettable, gameplay that felt like a dream, and environments that made you know you were playing a Nintendo game. I looked back on my profile for the first time since 2010, and I'd discovered I had 100% competed the game, all collectables found. You know why I achieved that seemingly impossible feat at 7? Because the game keeps you coming back for more, no matter your age. If you haven't already, do yourself a massive favour and play this game. Expand
  37. Jun 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is basically Super Mario Galaxy with Yoshi,a few new power-ups, and twice as many stars to collect.But it was still insanely fun and well worth the price.However,the green stars hold it back from being better than the original,since they were just hidden away in every galaxy in the game.You're not really accomplishing anything new,and it felt a lot like excessive padding. Expand
  38. Jun 3, 2016
    + Immersive as hell
    + Somehow even better gameplay than the first.
    + Great visuals again
    + Even more inventive in it's designs
    + Soundtrack is masterful
    + Sense of Adventure
    + Motion control used much more effectively this time around

- Great visuals in 480i again
  39. May 15, 2016
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is good continue for Super Mario Galaxy . Super Mario Galaxy 2 even better than Super Mario Galaxy . In Super Mario Galaxy 2 graphics even better than graphics in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 has got very very very good storyline . This is amazing storyline and this game has got awesome gameplay . Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best game on Mario Series andSuper Mario Galaxy 2 is good continue for Super Mario Galaxy . Super Mario Galaxy 2 even better than Super Mario Galaxy . In Super Mario Galaxy 2 graphics even better than graphics in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 has got very very very good storyline . This is amazing storyline and this game has got awesome gameplay . Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best game on Mario Series and one of the best game on Wii . 9/10 . Expand
  40. May 15, 2016
    Старая добрая Super Mario Galaxy. Новые, всё так же красивые локации, немного новых пауэр апов и конечно же Yoshi делают игру очень разнообразной! Конечно же здесь реже используется стратегия разбивания стекла с помощью пули Билла и некоторые другие интересные плюшки первой части - но это нисколько не портит игру. Поиграть должен каждый!Старая добрая Super Mario Galaxy. Новые, всё так же красивые локации, немного новых пауэр апов и конечно же Yoshi делают игру очень разнообразной! Конечно же здесь реже используется стратегия разбивания стекла с помощью пули Билла и некоторые другие интересные плюшки первой части - но это нисколько не портит игру. Поиграть должен каждый!
  41. May 15, 2016
    And there we have wonderful siquel after awesome Super Mario Galaxy. I must say, this game can be better by first part, because where is map, how in SMB3 and much better levels. Actually and 1 and 2 parts - awesomes)) I don't know what still say)
  42. May 13, 2016
    This is my favorite game of all time. It is truly amazing how the level design is and this game is so close to perfect that every game should play it. Any of the levels could compose the best part of any other game.
  43. May 10, 2016
    this game is awesome too, graphics are exellent, music too, level design, but the story isnt better than the first super mario galaxy, the powerups are better, 100% recommended
  44. May 3, 2016
    This game is lots of fun for kids and adults to play! The fact it is mostly single-player have pros and cons to them, but it is still amazing! The game-play is fun and unique, and the amount of times you want to repeat the levels in the galaxies is endless! The graphics were amazing, and game looked fresh. The type of music you hear in hear make it feel like virtual reality, and theThis game is lots of fun for kids and adults to play! The fact it is mostly single-player have pros and cons to them, but it is still amazing! The game-play is fun and unique, and the amount of times you want to repeat the levels in the galaxies is endless! The graphics were amazing, and game looked fresh. The type of music you hear in hear make it feel like virtual reality, and the immense detail put into every level is astonishing! The game is long, but not too lengthy, allowing you to play it over again! All-in-all, a phenomenal game! Expand
  45. Apr 27, 2016
    Bueno para mi este es el mejor juego de wii.Me encanta lo de la camara y la jugabilidad son perfectas y que hablar de niveles y musica dios mio.Niveles variadisimos y musica espectacular
  46. Apr 15, 2016
    Over time, I've come to like this game. My original review was very negative. However, this game is rather enjoyable now. The graphics are amazing, even in 2016, the soundtrack has grown on me, and since Galaxy 1's difficulty was low, they made this one of the more challenging Mario games. The only thing I don't like about the game is how similar it is to Galaxy 1. But I still recommend itOver time, I've come to like this game. My original review was very negative. However, this game is rather enjoyable now. The graphics are amazing, even in 2016, the soundtrack has grown on me, and since Galaxy 1's difficulty was low, they made this one of the more challenging Mario games. The only thing I don't like about the game is how similar it is to Galaxy 1. But I still recommend it to hardcore Mario fans. Expand
  47. Apr 9, 2016
    This game should be a Nintendo Selects. The 3D is less dizzying and the main theme is majestic. Super Mario 2 is one of the best games for Wii, and this game should really deserve a sequel in the Nintendo NX.
  48. Mar 5, 2016
    It's just amazing how this game's just better than the first (and the first was really good). It's not very different from the first one, but it has all the potential, and did all the corrections that had to be done. Amazing playing experience, with an incredibly heart-touching music, visuals are beautiful, and it's so fluid you will not believe is a wii game. If you have a wii and youIt's just amazing how this game's just better than the first (and the first was really good). It's not very different from the first one, but it has all the potential, and did all the corrections that had to be done. Amazing playing experience, with an incredibly heart-touching music, visuals are beautiful, and it's so fluid you will not believe is a wii game. If you have a wii and you haven't played this, what are you waiting for? Expand
  49. Mar 1, 2016
    This game takes the masterpiece that is Super Mario Galaxy, and builds on it. The most notable addition is Yoshi, as well as many new power-ups, the best of which is the cloud flower, allowing Mario to create 3 cloud platforms when he spin jumps. On top of this, most of the classic items from Galaxy 1, including the bee and spring mushrooms, return in a few levels.
    One of the best new
    One of the best new features of the game is hidden collectibles. Firstly, each galaxy has a comet medal, which must be collected to unlock a prankster comet at another galaxy (which work similarly to in Galaxy 1). This gives exploration more of a purpose than it had in the previous game. There are also the green stars, unlocked after collecting all of the normal stars in the game. These allow you to replay levels searching for these stars. While many are not too hard to locate and collect, they add to the game's length and provide a fun challenge. 2-player costar mode. As well as collecting star bits and stunning enemies, as before, the second player can now actually defeat enemies, making it a much more enjoyable experience for the second player.
    Despite this, I still prefer the original game over this. The soundtrack, while good, is no match for Galaxy 1's, and I feel that the level design is not as good in this game. Again, it is still very good, however, Galaxy 2 has too many 2D sections, which often feel out of place in a game that should be about exploration and an open world.
    In short, this game is amazing and definitely worth playing if you haven't already; it doesn't quite match up to the brilliance of the original game, but is a worthy sequel nonetheless.
  50. Feb 21, 2016
    ai esta ele, o melhor jogo de plataforma do mundo. SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2, nossa curti muito esse jogo, ele tem tudo de bom. ótima história, telas criativas, ótimos poderes, linda trilha sonora, os melhores gráficos que eu já vi no wii. simplesmente excelente. Nintendo por favor. lance o 3 pro wii u.
  51. Feb 7, 2016
    This game,is the best game of the wii,and for good reason.the levels are fantastic.the replay value is phenomenal.yoshi.Old music maked a return in the game.in my opinion.this should have been the 25th anniversary.The galaxy are considered the best wii games,and galaxy is the best game of the wii
  52. Feb 5, 2016
    One of the best games I have ever play Amazing graphics awesome controls and awesome gameplay and some of the best level design I have seen in a Mario game and the bosses are delicious (amazing) and the difficulty balancing is perfect the best Mario game The only problem I have with the game is the story but other than that it is perfect
  53. Jan 27, 2016
    Super Mario Galaxy was a good game, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a great game. What makes this game so great is that it can only work on the Wii. This is by far the best plat former since Super Mario 64
  54. Jan 21, 2016
    This review contains spoilers. There is nothing to say............................................................................................................................... Collapse
  55. Jan 14, 2016
    Here we go again for the sequel to Super Mario Galaxy. When you realize that video game sequels turn out to be better than most movies out there, you just realize that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is crowned to Super Mario Galaxy just as some sequel movies did with their predecessors.
  56. Nov 26, 2015
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is so much better than the first one,but it still dosen't wow me though.the controls are the only bad thing while everything else is really good.The levels are amazing,the graphic are great and YOSHI!!!!!This is still a pretty good game.
  57. Nov 25, 2015
    It's a pretty fun game ! its a must get if you're a mario game.but that's just me. I did play it but didn't beat it for anything, I did have lots of fun playing it
  58. Nov 15, 2015
    esse foi simplesmente o melhor jogo da franquia mario que eu já joguei, o jogo é algo totalmente inovador, com uma jogabilidade que abusa dos controles do wii, a melhor história que eu já vi em um game do mario, apesar de dar pra jogar de 2 cada jogador tem uma função e isso deixou o jogo muito divertido, dando a cada jogador uma experiência diferente.
  59. Nov 14, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Probably the best game on the wii More worlds more power stars more challenges I played this game for hours and its a big part of my and im sure other players childhoods Expand
  60. Nov 12, 2015
    Three Words: BEST. GAME. EVER!!!!!!

Three Words: BEST. GAME. EVER!!!!!!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the sequal to Super Mario Galaxy 1 (released back in 2007) and fixes and improves just about everything from Galaxy Design to Adding Yoshi and many other great features. The graphics are really great for the Wii. The controls are perfect. The galaxies are cool and awesome, some are challenging. The gameplay is flawless. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is also one of the first ever games on the Wii to complete it 100% and I got it in 2010 and been playing it since then. If you own a Wii, this game is one of the Top Priorities to get first along with Mario Kart Wii and Mario Party 8 or 9. And Super Smash Bros. Brawl. But in my opinion, they're all great games but NONE, and I mean not a SINGLE one is better than Galaxy 2. I totally recommend this game because it's very fun and amazing and if you hate SMG1 or 2, you are WAAAAAAAAY BEYOND silly as JB.
  61. Nov 12, 2015
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 is arguably the best Mario game of all time and easily one of the best games ever made. It is overflowing with creativity and the platforming is to die for. It's silky smooth, fluid, fun and endlessly entertaining. It is a must-own.
  62. Nov 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Super mario galaxy 2 brings all the positives from it's predecessor and expands on it. It starts again at the star festival and mario gets a letter from peach to watch the shooting stars while enjoying a slice of cake. But just before that disaster strikes as a huge bowser powered up by a grand star comes down and takes peach away. As soon as this happens you go through a tutorial you arrive on a little spaceship by lubba, a lovable purple luma. After discovering the young master luma is under your cap, he gives you his ship so you can fetch your special one while collecting power stars for the lumas. So this game is really similar to the first but as some differences. This game adds two amazing power ups to the series. Cloud Mario can spin to create clouds to stand on and jump higher and farther. Rock Mario can roll into a rock and hit enemies or surfaces with incredible force. The galaxies are to me a lot better than the first. While the first game had galaxies with more of an emphasis on space, galaxy 2 has more galaxies based on the series being more colorful and nice. The only gripes I have is that it's easy and the after game isn't all that. After collecting all 120 stars and defeating bowser again 120 more green stars are scattered in every level to go find. Some are in plain sight and some are pretty well hidden but it gets tedious collecting these stars. But those are pretty minor, overall galaxy 2 is a masterpiece of a game and needs to be played if you haven't Expand
  63. Oct 31, 2015
    Best game on the Wii and of last gen. People say they like it less than the original because is more of the same, and that is and is not true. Yes, it is the same concept but everything that I had a problem with the original was corrected and all that was good was perfected. My only complaint is that to beat the game 100%, to have the gold crown, you need 9,999 coins and is a lot ofBest game on the Wii and of last gen. People say they like it less than the original because is more of the same, and that is and is not true. Yes, it is the same concept but everything that I had a problem with the original was corrected and all that was good was perfected. My only complaint is that to beat the game 100%, to have the gold crown, you need 9,999 coins and is a lot of trouble that is not worth doing. Still amazing game, must buy. Expand
  64. Oct 31, 2015
    Simply amazing.... More powerups new enemies... fun game. When a game is so amazing and perfect , like the first mario galaxy was it;s very difficult to have a sequel in the same consol generation that equals it and it's even more difficult to make a game that surpasses it... Nintendo achieved both goals. A must buy if u own a WiiU and didn't own a wii before , like me
  65. Sep 27, 2015
    All my complaints about Galaxy 1 apply here as well. 1 and 2 are very similar games. Some stuff was added, some removed, but none of it is particularly important. It's still a risk-free whitewashed Mario experience. I will say that if you're looking for co-op, Galaxy 2 offers better co-op than Galaxy 1.
  66. Sep 20, 2015
    Fantastic from the very beginning to the very end. The premium and definitive Mario Game, Platformer, Wii Game, etc. If you love yourself, play this and you will enjoy it.
  67. Aug 24, 2015
    A very fun and awesome sequel to my favorite game of all time. I was very pleased when I first played this game. The graphics are still dazzling, the gameplay is good, the story is great, the galaxies and levels are still super creative and so fun to complete, and the music is still spectacular. There is so much more content in this game than the first Super Mario Galaxy. I love it. I justA very fun and awesome sequel to my favorite game of all time. I was very pleased when I first played this game. The graphics are still dazzling, the gameplay is good, the story is great, the galaxies and levels are still super creative and so fun to complete, and the music is still spectacular. There is so much more content in this game than the first Super Mario Galaxy. I love it. I just love this game. Expand
  68. Aug 9, 2015
    Nintendo did a great job on this wonderful game! Mario's 2nd galaxy adventure is even more fun than his first! A great game, a great sequel, one of Mario's best adventures!
  69. Jul 17, 2015
    The first Galaxy game, but better in almost every way. I loved going around Space as one of my favourite video game characters! Definitely buy if you're still looking for games to play on your Wii.
  70. Jul 15, 2015
    A good sequel that improves in almost every aspect from the first game. Of course visually the three years are obvious with better texture and light effects, definitely one of the best looking Wii game. But what really surprises me was all the innovations concerning the gameplay: first ,of course, it's the appearance of Yoshi that already brings some new game mechanics, but when I wasn'tA good sequel that improves in almost every aspect from the first game. Of course visually the three years are obvious with better texture and light effects, definitely one of the best looking Wii game. But what really surprises me was all the innovations concerning the gameplay: first ,of course, it's the appearance of Yoshi that already brings some new game mechanics, but when I wasn't expecting more, they also add more Power ups and mini games and simply new platforming mechanics.

One of my biggest complaint about the first one was that the game was getting a bit repetitive at the end and they should have cut some levels, with Super Mario Galaxy 2 every level has its own identity, yet the game still last 15 hours more or less, good job Nintendo !

I'll still complain about the lack of a true worked story, but hey, it's not like all the Mario games have more or less the same one. Overall 9.5 rating, but to mark the improvement from the first one I'll give it a 10, great fun in a lovely and imaginative universe, must play for every platform lover.
  71. Jun 24, 2015
    This game is another must have for any Mario fan. Although I like the first one better, this game is still awesome. Nintendo should make a Super Mario Galaxy 3 for the Wii U in the future.
  72. Jun 22, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Y love hnbijbhkjhjs< fdkosfodpsd fkopsdf kopok dsk f ´ksd kf k lñw flsñflsdl lf sdlflsdlflsdk kfsd´p flslf lsdflsdlfñ l lsfdfkl lsdk fsdo kfsdk kfsdk fkfkdskkdkfsd ksfdkksdf kk fdks dfksdf k sdfksdkfkksfksdkf ls dks lsdk odfkdosmfkjsd lñdsf. Expand
  73. Jun 20, 2015
    This is the best game of all time. Just pure Mario fun, incredible gameplay, cool ideas, goes on forever. The graphics are the best in any video game. There is so much content in this game. This is definitely not the Super Mario Galaxy More or Super Mario Galaxy 1.5 you were expecting, it's something entirely new. I have so much nostalgia for this game and I still love it today. The cameraThis is the best game of all time. Just pure Mario fun, incredible gameplay, cool ideas, goes on forever. The graphics are the best in any video game. There is so much content in this game. This is definitely not the Super Mario Galaxy More or Super Mario Galaxy 1.5 you were expecting, it's something entirely new. I have so much nostalgia for this game and I still love it today. The camera system is more intelligent than the first game, and the multiplayer is a whole lot better. This music is fantastic, the story is great and the galaxies are creative and fun. And Yoshi is in this game! He is used in great ways and is fun to have around. A must-have for anybody. 10/10. Expand
  74. May 29, 2015
    Takes everything from SMG and turns it up. The level designs, power ups, and difficulty have all been improved since the first title and make this one of the best Super Mario games and my favourite Wii game. The graphics are very good, the orchestral music adds excitement to the game, and the controls are spot on.

The only thing I didn't enjoy, which somehow was one thing everyone

The only thing I didn't enjoy, which somehow was one thing everyone seemed to get excited about, is the map screen, which in itself serves its purpose well, but the fact you have to step on a switch to then zoom to the map slows down the flow of the game.

There are so many levels this game will last you a lot longer than most SMB games of late, and you will have so much fun playing you will want to continue on to the end.
  75. May 19, 2015
    There is so much creativity put into this game, this is just crazy. You wish Nintendo would share some with other development studio...
    From the beginning to the end of the game you keep on being surprised and entertained. I wasn't expecting to enjoy myself that much (I really rarely finish games, so getting to end of one is a good sign for me). I guess I'll play all the future Mario games from now on!
  76. May 12, 2015
    So many people have argued Super Mario Galaxy 2 as a perfect game or the best game ever. It changes the Galaxy formula a bit, but it definitely doesn't perfect it.

I gave it away as a gift and both of us felt like it was a slog to start. I loved Galaxy 1 and while it's story and hub were woefully underdeveloped I kind of liked that they were there. Galaxy 2 is mostly more of the same, but while people say it removes those elements and streamlines the experience more it doesn't. The hub is still there as an extra step to the level selection only now it's completely uninteresting.

The story, while more straight forward, does take up quite a long time in the beginning before you get to the first level of gameplay. It's far to text-heavy and segmented for a story that only amounts to "Bowser took Peach". What ever happened to SM64's three sentence introductory letter and jump straight into gameplay? The addition of Yoshi just complicates things more and doesn't fit well with these small, planetoid worlds.

While these aren't in any way crippling all of these misses make Galaxy 2 a game that seems like it went for streamlining things, but only went half-way there and has less personality than the original game.
  77. May 3, 2015
    Es el plataformas perfecto, no jugué al Galaxy 1, y menos mal que adquirí este juegazo por la eShop de Wii U, muchísima variedad e imprescindible para los poseedores de Wii o Wii U.
  78. Apr 25, 2015
    a really good but it kind of like the first super Mario galaxy game with a few new powers. it is still a really good game and you should check it out.
  79. Apr 24, 2015
    This one really improved on the original. Once again, only a couple of issues. One being that logic failed the title of the game. If the game is called "Super Mario Galaxy 2", you expect it to be a sequel, but nope! Reboot to a series that only had 1 game. Really? Other then that, everything was great! To bad they removed Red Star Mario. That was my favorite... onto the next review!
  80. Apr 11, 2015
    Cool game! I think this is one of the best Wii games ever made. Much better than the first game, even catchier music, better graphics, and even more fun gameplay!
  81. Apr 10, 2015
    I absolutely loved the original Super Mario Galaxy and I was very excited to play its upcoming sequel. It turned out to be really great but also pretty disappointing in some ways. The soundtrack is pretty good with a lot of awesome tracks and some bland ones. They also brought in new power-ups like the cloud flower, rock mushroom, and Yoshi joins your galactic adventure too. These make upI absolutely loved the original Super Mario Galaxy and I was very excited to play its upcoming sequel. It turned out to be really great but also pretty disappointing in some ways. The soundtrack is pretty good with a lot of awesome tracks and some bland ones. They also brought in new power-ups like the cloud flower, rock mushroom, and Yoshi joins your galactic adventure too. These make up for really cool level designs. However, this game has one glaring weakness. It's way too easy. I really don't like how the game wants to hold your hand in this game because I already know how to do most of the stuff in the first game. I'm not saying that this game is perfect because it didn't even come close to the incredible original. This was still a great game overall. Expand
  82. Apr 8, 2015
    So many sequels are awful. This one complements the first without demeaning it. I can't remember when I've ever liked a game so much, because this is the best. It's like Angry Birds Space in 3D and about infinity and a half times more impressive. Even the story line and how the levels are set up are clever.
  83. Mar 28, 2015
    Two Thumbs Up and Lets Get Playing. I love this game. it is better than the 1st. the 2nd is more organized, more harder, and even has lots or secrets and puzzles. i love this game more than the 1st.
  84. Mar 22, 2015
    The people that thought Mario Galaxy couldn't be topped were proved wrong with Mario Galaxy 2 now starring Yoshi, a spaceship in the shape of Mario's head, and the best power-ups any Mario game has ever seen yet. The levels are better than ever before, with standouts including any level that stars the ingenious Cloud Flower or our friendly dino pal Yoshi. Mario Galaxy 2 is not a cheapThe people that thought Mario Galaxy couldn't be topped were proved wrong with Mario Galaxy 2 now starring Yoshi, a spaceship in the shape of Mario's head, and the best power-ups any Mario game has ever seen yet. The levels are better than ever before, with standouts including any level that stars the ingenious Cloud Flower or our friendly dino pal Yoshi. Mario Galaxy 2 is not a cheap cash-in! Don't listen to those jealous PS3 and Xbox 360 owners! Expand
  85. Mar 21, 2015
    Everything is perfect, the controls are spot on. The graphics are really cool, the bosses are somewhat challenging and gives the player a submersive experience. The levels are really colorful and bright with creativity. The story is really interesting and the power ups make the game so much fun. This game is a must buy for everyone who owns a wii, just perfect!
  86. Mar 9, 2015
    Love letter to Mario. A good amount of levels with some of the best gameplay diversity in the business. Great music from the hole series. An amazing post-game that unlocks multiple hidden stars for every level to make it perfect to put in once and a while. And really nothing can beat the pure joy that comes from playing this game.
    The few flaws are just nit-picking like the 4 lives you
    The few flaws are just nit-picking like the 4 lives you always begin with when you go into your game or the routine of getting the extra lives on your spaceship but all that goes away once you start any level as you get sucked in.
  87. Feb 23, 2015
    OMFG This game man, I mean the first one was amazing, but hot hippity yoshi balls this one takes the mushroom. Better levels, better music, and even better Mario abilities and more creative level design makes this game so freaking good it deserves to be noted as the best mario game ever made, I played all of them ok, and this one has a special place on my fireflower. This should be enoughOMFG This game man, I mean the first one was amazing, but hot hippity yoshi balls this one takes the mushroom. Better levels, better music, and even better Mario abilities and more creative level design makes this game so freaking good it deserves to be noted as the best mario game ever made, I played all of them ok, and this one has a special place on my fireflower. This should be enough to convince you to try it out, and if not rent it. Expand
  88. Feb 9, 2015
    This has to be one of the best games of all time. It is a totally awesome game! The level designs are awesome. The graphics are great for Wii. The power ups are fun to use. They even included Yoshi and I love him. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is even better than the first and you should definitely 100% buy it!
  89. Feb 7, 2015
    Back when I still had my Wii, this was and still is my favorite Mario game. Fascinating graphics for the time, combined with great level design and challenging levels, makes this a must-have. If you have a Wii U, I highly recommend getting it on the eShop.
  90. Feb 3, 2015
    Even though there's a number 2 following the name, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is pratically the same game of Mario Galaxy 1 but now with Yoshi. I'd say to my friends "It's such like of a DLC or expansion pack for mario galaxy 1". Shame on you nintnedo
  91. Jan 19, 2015
    This was a fun continuation to the super Mario galaxy franchise. But, it was nothing like the first

Pros
    -fun gameplay
    -nice bosses

Cons
    -Too hard sometimes
    -to complex

I will definitely buy super Mario galaxy 3 if it comes out.
  92. Jan 10, 2015
    Warning! Best game ever. If you loved the first Mario Galaxy, I guarantee you like this 100 times more. You have to collect 120 more stars in challenging and fun, creative levels, but even after that there's 120 more stars to collect! yes the green stars. Which are hidden in every level and are fun to find and collect. this game will blow your mind! Oh and remember Yoshi? He's back.
  93. Jan 10, 2015
    Super Mario Galaxy may have been the best game before 2010 but when Super Mario Galaxy 2 arrived...it defined the platforming genre...again.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 lives up to all of my expectations of a fantastic platformer and a fantastic Mario game. I honestly think it's the best game ever made. That's truly all that needs to be said. I suppose I do need to elaborate though. There isn't a single bad level in the game. None of the levels are badly designed. They may be tough and they may test your skill and patience, but that's never the game's fault. The game is entirely based on skill and not luck.

Galaxy 2's bosses are better than ever even if some of them are pretty much copied and pasted from the original game. The Bowser Jr. bosses really stand out from the rest. They are perhaps some of the most unique bosses in the Mario series. The Bowser bosses are a bit of a disappointment because they're essentially the same thing over and over again but the others more than make up for it.

There's even more Power Stars to collect than ever before and that's a good thing. The new Prankster Comets provide much more replay value and add even more challenge to an already moderately difficult game. Prankster Comets can be timed challenges, changed-up bosses, and much more. They're a genius addition to the game that makes this one of the most repayable Mario games.

Let's be honest: the Comet Observatory hub in the original Mario Galaxy was a bit confusing. The new Starship Mario hub is much simpler. Guests like Yoshi, star bunnies, and Gearmos can arrive on the ship and give you helpful tips. A new world map has been added that allows you to find the galaxies and individual levels much easier. Speaking of Yoshi, the green dino's back and thanks to the pointer controls, he's much easier to control. I'm looking forward to seeing Yoshi in more 3D platformers!

Overall, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a fantastic platformer and in my opinion, the best game ever made. Everything in it is amazing from the return of Yoshi to Starship Mario to Prankster Comets and much more!
  94. Jan 9, 2015
    This game is an improvement to the original in every way. Seriously, besides how short it was, this game is perfect. Great level design, perfect controls, breathtaking graphics, beautiful music. The boss fights are all creative and original. Everything in this game is imaginative, from the levels to the power-ups. A little bit more linear than one with its level selection, not that that'sThis game is an improvement to the original in every way. Seriously, besides how short it was, this game is perfect. Great level design, perfect controls, breathtaking graphics, beautiful music. The boss fights are all creative and original. Everything in this game is imaginative, from the levels to the power-ups. A little bit more linear than one with its level selection, not that that's a bad thing. If you are even slightly a platforming/Mario fan, this is a must own. The only reason not to play this game is if you really hate platforming games. Other than that, just try it out and see for yourself. Hopefully your experience will be just as good as mine. Expand
  95. Dec 22, 2014
    Ingenious game. So much creativity shines through in this classic. Not many sequels outdo its predecessor but this is one of those rare exceptions. Kudos Nintendo!
  96. Dec 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great game, but is much like a copy-paste from the first. I liked the levels and Yoshi, but didn't like the difficulty; it's too easy at some parts, but hard in others. My most precision score is 8.4, so I'm giving a 8 for this game. The graphics and music are very good; I like them very much.
    Overall: good game.
  97. Nov 13, 2014
    A delightful play that stays true to the spirit of Mario, this game is admirable in the sense that it focuses not on story or cinematography (although those are good things in their own right), it follows them to be Mario, not Zelda or Assassin's Creed. The game's only focus is being a good platformer and providing the player with a fun experience, even though it seems a little lackingA delightful play that stays true to the spirit of Mario, this game is admirable in the sense that it focuses not on story or cinematography (although those are good things in their own right), it follows them to be Mario, not Zelda or Assassin's Creed. The game's only focus is being a good platformer and providing the player with a fun experience, even though it seems a little lacking compared to the original galaxy. Expand
  98. Nov 11, 2014
    More of an expansion on the original then an entire new game in all.With that said, the original game was amazing game and so is this. The cloud suit is personally one of my favourite Mario suits of all time.
  99. Oct 5, 2014
    An amazing and awesome platformer. Its charming, creative, and just great. The controls are tight, (And this is wii controls!) and game play never get boring with the new gameplay styles. The story is... well its Mario, so not a lot there. Save the princesses. Get bowser. Just like the first, minus Rossalina. Its just simply the first game, but better. And bigger. And, well, just pureAn amazing and awesome platformer. Its charming, creative, and just great. The controls are tight, (And this is wii controls!) and game play never get boring with the new gameplay styles. The story is... well its Mario, so not a lot there. Save the princesses. Get bowser. Just like the first, minus Rossalina. Its just simply the first game, but better. And bigger. And, well, just pure beauty. If you have a Wii, this is a must have. Expand
  100. Sep 25, 2014
    amazing game i think they did a great job of bringing back everything we loved about the older mario games the graphics are great so creative and well thought out of the placements moves great hours of fun and a challenge
  101. Jan 21, 2016

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2010

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you loved the first Super Mario Galaxy, you will adore the sequel.
  2. While Super Mario Galaxy 2 could easily have been a cheap cash-in with a few lackluster additional levels, it manages to be something more. It expands on the gameplay of Super Mario Galaxy and adds enough new twists and turns to feel like a full-fledged sequel.
  3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is largely more of the same, and that helps make it a phenomenal experience. Nintendo didn't reinvent the formula. Instead, it took what fans loved about the prequel and then jazzed everything up with never before seen galaxies, planets and a more streamlined user interface.