8.9

1. May 5, 2013
    Hands down my favorite Wii game ever. It's a blast to play with friends, has crazy amounts of content and you can beat the snot out of your least favorite Nintendo characters with the incredibly tight controls. You also have 4 different controller options and can customize the controls so you can have the perfect fighting experience.
  2. Jun 26, 2013
    As a kid, I remember playing the first Super Smash Bros., saying to myself, "It just can't get better than this". Later, Melee came out and I was proven wrong. After playing Melee for a solid 100 hours, I said, "There's no way it can get any better than this!" Then, Brawl came out, and I was proven wrong yet again.

Brawl is, without a doubt, the most complete Smash Bros. game to date.
    There are tens of characters to play as, dozens of stages (not to mention you can build your own), hundreds of trophies, and many different gameplay modes to mess with. There's also a pretty good story mode, which is a change for the series.

The only flaw with this game is the online play with random strangers. Saying that there's lag is an understatement.

All in all, this is the best Smash Bros. yet. There's no way it can get better than this (or can it... WiiU?)
  3. Aug 16, 2013
    very amazing game. Every mode is fun. especially the adventure mode. the cutscenes are great, and I experienced no lag. The only reason that this game is rated less than a nine is because there are some crazy halo fans who are putting other games down even though halo hasn't had a decent game in years! *looks at crazychief112* but this is easily one of the best games ever released on the Wii.
  4. May 5, 2013
    This is presented excellently, the graphics look realistic and the gameplay was what I have expected, ever since playing the first two games. Nintendo has gotten serious into these type of games and have given it their best shot.
  5. May 12, 2013
    If you want to know what my favorite game is; I'd be surprise knowing that you cared, it's this one. I'm going to start off with what makes this a good game first, then go on with why I love this game so much. First off you get a sequel to one of the biggest gamecube games at the time and probably now, and is also being released on one of the biggest systems at the time; that I'm sure of. You get an expanded roster of some the most iconic Nintendo characters, plus now for the first time 3rd-party characters Snake and Sonic. With highly detailed graphics it makes watching the fighting even more enjoyable, which is also a minor problem because there's so much going on that you can't fully enjoy the detail. The biggest part this game had to offer was the fact that it had online play, which would mean that we could pown noobs anywhere now, but unfortunately that didn't really meet our expectations. Now in this one there's a story mode along with the usual material, and that is probable the not so great part of this game. it goes on for too long, and is not that entirely interesting; it is at times, just not all the time. Now for the best part: VS mode. by far the greatest 4 player fighting game to date, or the greatest I can think of. Just casual producer as always, pick your character and stage, then proceed to beat the living crap out of your friends. There was also the introduction to final smashes, which are these dazzling super moves that can clear the stage of enemies. This was always the one thing I think didn't need to be in the game; it's great though how you can just turn it off with ease, it can be seen as unfair because players could just wait for the smash ball to appear and just use that to win. Now for why I love this game. Don't you love it when you see an image from your childhood in a cool game or movie? Well for me I was excited to kick all my friends asses with Meta knight! Now though it's seen as unfair to play as him. What's also cool is that this game doesn't focus on combo's and special moves like most previous fighting games do, but instead tries to give players; or rather force others, to use strategy while fighting. Characters don't have a label on their heads saying how to be played, all characters can be played differently and can be efficient, but some have certain advantages over others, but none that are major. So in conclusion I think this is one of the best fighting games of all time; please note I said "one" of greatest, and I wish I could play it now. Expand
  6. Jul 3, 2013
    This is pretty much the greatest game of all time. It kicks Sony's shameless rip off's ass. More characters, More features, more stages, more trophies, stickers, outstanding story mode, this game is just awesome!
  7. Jun 15, 2013
    The best SSB out of all... even though some of the characters that i thought really didn't need to be on there, it was a good addition to the fray. Definitely worth your money and your free time. If you just want to see your favorite nintendo characters and guests duke it out then this is the game for you other than SSBM. Where should i start? Amazing graphics to make a more dim look to it, absolutely no dialogue but who would notice with a great story, great music and remixes and so much more. If you haven't played this game you will love this game or just give it shot i bet you would like it. Expand
  8. Jun 22, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of my favourite games ever. There is just so much to do and it's so fun, it's hard to stop playing once you've started. Characters are quite well balanced and you'll probably find one who you really like. And this game actually just gets better the more you play it!
  9. Jun 22, 2013
    Ok, heres the deal, GET THIS AMAZING GAME, this game cannot be forgotten, and although there is a little bit of unbalance in this game, the story mode is fantastic, the online play is fun but can get annoying if people just camp, and playing with friends is the best thing ever
  10. Oct 24, 2013
    Right after I played the first match I was instantly hooked to this game, I'm pretty sure I have played this game longer then any other. The only reason i gave it a 9 is because of bad online, and some bad stages,characters, and items. But overall this game is tied with Super Mario Galaxy as my favorite Wii games.
  11. Jul 10, 2013
    With fun visuals and interesting characters to fight against each other, "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" is the perfect game for a video game lover. My favorite Wii game to date.
  12. Nov 3, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the best fighting/party game I've ever played. It's best with your friends when the atmosphere is so intense, that you can see in the air. Even thou there is lot of characters which won't be so familiar for most of players. Characters can still be individuals and different from others. There's lots of customisation in game modes so you can customize pretty much how you want to play the game.
    +lots of characters
    + maps (try final destination)
    +playing with friends
    +skill level
    +lot's of customization options (like power ups, items n stuff)
    +gameplay is pure gold
    +music
    -if no friends, alone ain't fun to play
  13. Aug 8, 2013
    Game is pretty much the best fighting game ever made for a Nintendo console. The adventure is fantastic, and the roster is just big enough that your brain doesn't explode. If you do not have this game, I pity you.
  14. Jan 15, 2014
    This is by far my favorite fighting game (not to mention my favorite Super Smash Bros. game) it has more content then any other fighter ever and the best story (in my opinion) ever in a fighter, and that's not to mention the amazing selection of characters. This game has no competitor it's just to good.
  15. Sep 11, 2013
    All I have to say is that ever since I played Super Smash Bros on the the N64 (which I didn't like). All I have to say is that this game is just amazing. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an Improvement upon the previous two games, the only problems though are the loading times they take FOREVER to load and the online multiplayer lag alot and I mean ALOT and yes Jigglypuff is in Brawl and she's even WORSE than ever!

Aside the long loading times, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a real treat. Score: 4/5.
  16. Oct 17, 2013
    BUY THIS GAME NOW,THATS AN ORDER.This game is my favorite fighting game if a large roster,creative modes,easy to master controls,graphic that look like that the great artist leonardo da vinci painted them,music that deserves to be on it's own sound track,sounds that sound like what they should sound like,and gameplay BEYOND your wildest dreams.BUY IT NOW
  17. Oct 20, 2013
    As a follow up to melee Brawl has expanded the super smash bros series .More songs more stages more characters more items Brawl improves on everything that melee did great one .more game modes Most of the single player modes of melee are now co-op multiplayer on brawl The graphics are impressive The only flaw is the online it lags and it sucks This is one of the best FIGHTING games in history Expand
  18. Dec 11, 2013
    I've had this game since it was first released, and I love it to death.

With fun gameplay, great graphics, and so many awards and challenges I haven't gotten them all in the 6 years I've had the game, it is the pinnacle of the Super Smash Bros. series. Brawl also has a fun story mode, which allows you to play through the Super Smash universe and save the world from Subspace.

It also
    has tons of unlockable challenges and minigame-like quests, which have kept me busy and immersed. I love this game. Expand
  19. Nov 11, 2013
    THE GOOD: This is a fighting game that simply gets everything right. The cast of characters are all fun to play as (except for olimar, who is kinda weak). The characters are all diverse and unique. That goes for even some of the characters who were clones in Super Smash Bros. Melee. The total this time is 35 and they added in some great new characters. Ike from Fire Emblem, Lucario from Pokemon, Toon Link from The Legend of Zelda, Pit from Kid Icarus, and many more. They even added in Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake. It was a genius idea to add them in because 3rd party characters can create endless possibilities for the series. Visually, the game is beautiful. Many characters take on a more realistic look than they did in Melee. Stages are better than ever, and theres over 40 of them this time around! There is even a stage builder now, which allows you to get creative with your own battlefields.The new story mode, The Subspace Emissary, is a blast to play as well. There is the classic single player mode and 2-player vs modes, but also the special brawl which is more fun than ever. You can customize vs. matches further than ever. I mean, who doesn't want to play in crazy matches like "Super giant invisible whatever" fights? There are endless amounts of things to collect in the game, from stickers to trophies to cds. Decades of gaming history is in this title. The soundtrack is huge and fantastic! They even added in fighting online, which can be pretty fun too! The best thing about this game however, is that on top of its amazingly varied fighting gameplay, there is an insane amount of content in the whole package. The replay value is infinite. And its a game that can be fun both alone and with friends.

THE BAD: The online can be a little laggy at times. Some great characters from Melee unfortunately didn't make it into brawl. They are Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Roy.

Perhaps the best fighting game ever. MUST OWN! BUY IT!
  20. Nov 6, 2013
    This is easily the best fighting game of all time. With many characters and stages, and with a stage builder, the game rules! What more can you ask for?
  21. Dec 27, 2013
    Brawl is the best brawler i have ever played.All of the game are really amazing and it´s have a story mode.The story mode was really exited and real great.The characters of it are just awesome.It has the Nintendo Allstars,new guys,how Pit and Sonic and F***ing Solid Snake.Thats just awesome.Who comes of a so great idea? Whatever,the tracks in this game are realy good and the stages,too.Nothing more to say. Expand
  22. Jan 8, 2014
    Hands down one of the best fighters of this generation. This game has so much to offer that you will be playing this game for nearly years (like me). The roster is great, the fighting is very easy to get into and its just so fun and addicting with your friends that you will be playing this game for hours that you won't know passed. The story mode is pretty good (again especially with friends) and the soundtrack is just a hall down nostalgia lane. The online mode is the only issue i have, but i don't play online almost at all, so it does not bother me that much. This game for me is borderline perfect. Expand
  23. Jun 30, 2014
    The definitive Smash Bros so far (I'm expecting the Wii U version to top it though). Tons of characters, stages, items, and general madness make this an absolute riot in multiplayer and the single player is the best of any Smash Bros game yet too in my opinion. Only complaints for me are the character balance problems and some of the final smashes being far more useful than others. Other than that this thing rocks and is one of the best local multiplayer games ever, not least because of the lack of need for split screens. Expand
  24. Jul 9, 2014
    Can't help but hate the new Pokémon appearing here; generational shift, I guess. I hear my poor Jigglypuff was severely weakened. I'll see for myself, if I ever get to unlock the darn thing. There was nothing more satisfying than having other players running for their lives in Melee whenever Jigglypuff started to float their way. They'd run, but never get far. She's just such a tantalizing target. "I can get in one little hit, can't I? Finally teach that jerk to chase me with Jigglypuff..." Float-dodge, parry, pound, jump, Air Rest! See you in Hell, Pikachu.

Fights and fun:
    After you turn off the stupider items, brawl is amazing. I crank my handicap way up and my 3-year-old can play with me (meaning, I fight the wife or a CPU character, and the little one goes to town with Yoshi, putting everyone in eggs, flailing about at random, and giggling maniacally).

Side note:
    Dear Nintendo: Having your Nintendog jump up on the screen while I'm fighting isn't cute, it's annoying. It makes me want to build a robot puppy-body so that I can upload the puppy AI and beat it with a rolled-up newspaper. Bad puppy!. Where was I? Oh, right. Fun! Fun! Fun! Most of the bad stuff has an option to turn it off. Refreshing!

Levels:
    The levels feel smaller than in previous games, and I it's a pity that more old stages weren't brought forward into this iteration.I haven't engaged in level-building, but I expect it will help somewhat in remedying this, though the levels obviously won't have the soul and quirky events that mix things up in official levels.

Characters:
    The characters are still stellar, adding more to the roster, but cutting a few in the process. I don't see why everyone couldn't have come to the party... Most of your old favourites are back, and everyone looks slick. Some, you'll like, and some, you'll hate. Everyone will find three or four favourites and use those to build a reputation among friends and family.

Under-the-hood tinkering:
    I understand that some of what were termed "balance issues" (otherwise known in loftier circles as "Captain Falcon wins") have been corrected, and I'll grant that handling is a bit different from Melee, but overall, everything still feels about right. Some go on about the removal of the exploitable glitch that allowed a technique known as "wave-dashing", but I think this is good. Wave-dashing is dumb, and the fact that tournaments devolved into obsessive-compulsive mastering of this technique makes me glad I had nothing to do with that nonsense. It makes the game look and sound terrible when you're playing. What's wrong with you? Just go fight that little boy and those weird monsters like God intended; with fireballs and bad fashion sense.

Story mode:
    Dumb, as always. It's just there to unlock characters anyhow, right?

This is a phenomenal game. Get it. If the next one is a worthy successor, get that too. Not sure about the 3DS one. This is, at its core, a communal game; beyond just being social. Handheld gaming doesn't have the right atmosphere for that.
  25. Jul 23, 2014
    This game is fantastic. The story mode is fun, and has a great way of introducing new characters. There's all kinds of fantastic things to do and change on here, and it's the best fighting game I've played. In fact, I think this is my favorite game of all time. This game is truly amazing.

If you don't have this game, I HIGHLY recommend getting it as soon as you can. You'll be glad you
    did. It never gets boring, and you'll love it. Expand
  26. Sep 22, 2014
    Since when has it been cool to hate on Smash Bros? Never. And it never will be. Still one of the most wildly fun games to play with friends over or even by yourself.
  27. Aug 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brilliant love playing this game with my brother, and I love the single player mode and the final boss with master hand, my favourite game of all time. Expand
  28. Sep 16, 2014
    super smash bros brawl is the best game on the wii. with stunning animation,great game play and better replay value than almost any game.It is one of the most fun addictive games in recent memory
  29. Sep 10, 2014
    This game is awesome. Fans of the series will enjoy this game. Although the competitive fans of the series will be negative about Brawl, this game is really good. This might be the best fighting game of all time. You can play as tons of Nintendo characters, and beat the living crap out of everyone. The character roster is amazing. Brawl also introduces an adventure mode, where you fight against Tabuu and subspace. It is really fun to see all your favorite Nintendo characters work together to fight evil. You will never get bored of this game. This also introduces new items including assist trophies and final smashes. I personally don't like items on, but if you really want to add chaos to your game, then go ahead. Assist trophies are even more nintendo characters joining in for a little bit to help you fight. Final smashes are great finishing moves. There are also stickers, which you can collect and use in adventure mode. There are more trophies, stages, and pokemon added. Overall, this game is worth getting. If I were you, get the game as soon as possible. I'm serious. Its that good. Expand
  30. Oct 22, 2010
    This game is the best in the universe. Totally buy it. The graphics are amazing too, so buy it.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy iiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttt
  31. Apr 27, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = Unlimited amounts of replayabiltity, battles of epic proportions, all of my favorite nintendo characters on one incredible roster, unparalleled fighting gameplay, Final smashes, 60 frames per second . . . Need I continue??
  32. Nov 21, 2010
    I have to say Nintendo has improved this franchise by alot, in a good way. Smash bros has never been so addictiting and fun than ever before. I honestly loved this game, but there is one flaw that buyers should consider. After you beat this game you will be weeping for more after.
  33. Jan 21, 2011
    Hello, this is Danny T. and this is my first review!!!!!
    SSBB Rating: 100/100
    The only reason that i giv this game a 100 out of 100 is because i cannot find any flaws at all.
    Don't tell me that it takes too long to load, this game is obviously loaded with tons of things to do. And you truly cannot ask for any more characters. This is probably the only game that i am going to give a
    perfect rating to. Wonderful music, graphics, story (SSE), controls, and many things to do. This is my absolute favourite game. Expand
  34. May 1, 2011
    Greatest game of all time in my opinion and I've been playing video games since day one. It is so simple, yet so complex. So fun for kids, yet so ingenious that it makes for great tournaments.
  35. May 12, 2011
    We All know Brawl is the Best in the Series sure it may have terrible loading times and Horrible online mode but still doesn't change the fact it was fun!
  36. Nov 3, 2011
    Phenomenal game for the ages. Best fighting Game I have ever had the opportunity to play. Only one's cutting it close are, besides Brawl's predecessors, Soul Calibur II and IV.
  37. Nov 28, 2012
    This game is amazing the best super smash bros ever i played this all summer long and smoked pot and drank beers and just had a good time and this game is amazing
  38. May 29, 2013
    I really don't mind that there is almost no online multiplayer, because the regular multiplayer in this game is already fine. I really love all of those reviews about how this game is unbalanced; PSASBR is very unbalanced, making this game seem perfectly fair. I like this game more that PSASBR as well because there are obvious skill levels in this game, I can easily beat people that don't play as much as me. In PSASBR, my friend came over, and was almost on par with my skills event though it was his first time playing it ever. Maybe because you get the skill from this game, and show it on PSASBR, I don't know. I've heard about 'clones,' whoever has commented about this seriously hasn't played Melee. Let's take Fox and Falco for example, in Melee, both of them have red lasers, that just touch the enemy, an their move sets are very similar. In Brawl, Falco shoots blue beams of energy, and knocks the opponent back. Whereas Fox has a red beam of energy and has the same effect as in Melee. Their down b's are also different, in Melee, Falco and Fox just held their shield in place. In brawl, Falco kicks his down b shield, and Fox does the same as he did in Melee. Same with Ganon and Cpt. Falcon, their moves are slightly different, unlike in Melee. Someone mentioned the subspace emissary? compare it to PSASBR, the only game to really compare this game to. I a really annoyed with people complaining about the music. You know what I'm going to suggest, look at PSASBR. This along with stage problems, ever try PSASBR, in that game, the stage stops after a small amount of playing on it (stock matches especially evident), in SSBB, the stage continues, and keeps pace. Whatever people say about this game, I will still ask you to refer to PSASBR, to see if it is any better. I will only start to complain if the next Super Smash Bros game is worse than this one. My Verdict is the same at 9.8/10, online is almost (if not) literally impossible to use. Expand
  39. Jul 22, 2013
    the best wii game out there and a great extension of the super smash bros series. The campaign mode is fun, each character is unique and well thought out. It would easily get a ten if it: A. wasn't so floaty B. didnt have tripping
  40. Jul 18, 2013
    The best game of the saga. The best fighting game of Wii. Complete, huge, funny, fast, really enjoyable with friends... The story mode could be a game apart (a great game, by the way), but all together is a huge mix of different ways of having fun. A big amount of maps, characters, trophies... The only point why I don´t give it a 10 is that several challenges have a completely disproportionate difficulty, in a way that you think that a human being is completely unable to complete the game, but you don´t need them to see the credits of the game, just to complete the whole thing. Expand
  41. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is worth getting for $20 or more. It's not my most favorite, as I think games that support just knocking the stuffing out of each other can get more creative and less violent over time, but I love how Brawl is popular among so many people. I loved playing the story mode which took quite some time and effort on the part of both me and a friend. The story mode is compelling, even though words are not spoken, and the plot lines don't quite make full sense. The music has catchy tunes that have been part of video game history for a long time, so I cannot argue with the quality. This was a great game I was able to play with another adult friend of mine. However, we only felt compelled to play this game only as part of the story mode, not really against each other. Having such deep levels of difficulty make this game stand out more, but I wish there could be more quests and things going on, instead of jacking up the difficulty levels of completing certain tasks, and generally just encouraging beating the stuffing out of each other the best. Graphics are great. Definitely a good game you can play with others. Expand
  42. Jul 20, 2013
    Masterpiece of a game. The Smash Bros. formula is almost perfected as it is, but Brawl improves the formula even more. The game has aged extremely well graphically, especially for being on the Wii. Characters and stages are better than ever. Subspace Emissary mode could be better, but it wasn't bad by any means. The game has a massive load of collectibles. I still unlock new songs, trophies, and stickers even after five years of playing. Like the other games in the series, Brawl is extremely intuitive, making it the most vaudeville fighting game out there. This game is practically timeless and deserved all the hype it received. This is by and large the best Wii game ever. Expand
  43. Aug 21, 2014
    With enhance fighting style and classic characters in the game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl instantly returns a better stages,music, items, modes, and new characters in this game. With all controllers easy to play with all up to four players exactly, there is no where to play but only to party in brawl. With perfect fun stages to play from Mario to Sonic, the possibilities are endless, also with creating our own stages with each set of parts and choosing our favorite song from normal stages. And what's better with old songs from the franchise is that there is news songs and returning songs and also melee stages. With new modes such as classic mode, event matches mode, all star mode, stadium modes, story mode, and training mode. And with multiplayer online, the fun kepts getting better and more better. there is one thing I have say is that the loading in the game keeps taking too long during to prepare for a fight or classic mode, which i was ticked of about it. But anyways this game is truly the best fighting game ever made by nintendo of all times. Expand
  44. May 26, 2014
    This game is great to hack! Just download Project M! But anyways, yes this game is good, but i really hate how casual this is. Anyways, just about everything in this game is great EXCEPT if your fighting against 3 CPUs, no matter if you have teams or not they will GANG RAPE YOU! As in, they will rather DIE, than to have you LIVE. Try it for yourself: play as peach and go to one side of new pork city & float on one side, you will see all of the CPUs ignore each other, and want you DEAD. So screw the CPUs, just play this game with friends, and everything will be well. Expand
  45. Dec 12, 2013
    Mario games just never fail! I have all SSB games from Nintendo 64, GameCube and the Wii. This game is fantastic, the graphics are more realistic, there are ton of characters to choose from too! The reason why I gave this a 9 and not a 10 is because of the maps arnt that great other than than it just a Better version of melee and I love you can use the GameCube controller
  46. Dec 14, 2013
    This game is by far the best game I have ever played. I started playing this game around 2010 and I have been playing it ever since. I loved Super Smash Bros. Melee. And hearing about this game made me so happy. Once you get this game, like I usually say when I review games, it will be extremely hard to put this game down. (Super Smash Bros. 4 is coming out in 2014!)
  47. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is just amazing. I suggest you get it if you don't have it. So many characters, items, and stages! I can't wait for the next Super Smash Bros. This game, it might have brought some characters that are not from Nintendo, but still, its really fun to play with them. The reason I give it a 9, is because there are two characters that are not Nintendo, but, I do like it, but still, it's suppose to be a game with all Nintendo characters. Overall, best fighting game I've seen, and I suggest you get it right away! Expand
  48. Mar 13, 2014
    How to make a game better. Easy keep the same philosophy and just add new features to make a great game even greater. I will say I like SBM better but this one for the Wii is great. Expanding to 35 characters makes this game endless fun. The story is great with a variety of given scenarios and different characters to choose from. Bringing back all star mode and the things like home run bat are nice but the main reason why any of us play this game is for the fact of the multiplier and they deliver. Forget about the online because if thats all you want out of this game then your playing the wrong game. Nintendo is not known for great online just great memorable single player gameplay. But back to the multiplier. Playing with friends is great and got even greater with additional characters and items to play as and with. All the stages as well are great and beautiful looking to play online while some offer challenges some on the other hand have great landscapes with no special features. Adding assist trophies and the smash ball are great way that make the fighting 10 times more fun. I can't say this is the best of the series but I do enjoy playing this with friends or against the computer from time to time. The reason I must say this gets a nine is due to tripping and some characters like falco, wolf, and toon link are duplicates of other better fighters. Expand
  49. Jul 28, 2014
    Cute and funny adventure game with a fighting mode starring nintendo classics like Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Bowser and the gang, and awesome 3rd party characters Sonic and Snake. I have had so much fun with this game with my friends and family, and is one of the better Wii games.
  50. Jun 15, 2014
    Truly the best game in the Smash Bros series. It is without a doubt, perfect. One thing people complain about is that melee was better. I don't understand why anyone would speak of such wild claims. Brawl has better characters, no annoying, uncreative clones, (the few clones left in the game were made unique), more stages that have more unique gimmicks and personality to them, stage builder, Online multiplayer, more and better items, the option to change music frequency (which was incredible to me), and a masterpiece of an Adventure Mode, compared to Melee's, which is horrid. The Subspace Emissary has a beautiful story line and is completely accomplished with no speech. If that isn't a true masterpiece, I don't know what is.

People complain that Brawl has tripping, laggy internet, and poor framerate, but is devoid of wave-dashing and L-canceling. ALL of this is utter NONSENSE. The only time I had lag issues online was with my friend who lived 5 minutes away, but my whole house had wifi troubles for the brief period, as I was skyping him at the same time. If you have laggy internet matches, that's your fault, not the game's. Plus, at least brawl has online matches, unlike melee. Its better than nothing. The framerate supposedly runs at 60fps, and i never noticed it dropping. It all seemed rather fluent to me. Maybe try dusting off your wii, eh complainers? Tripping also never occurred to me as an issue, except on Icy stages, but that was the gimmick. Perhaps tripping others was put in as a tactical technique to stun the opponent, since i was never able to figure it out.

Speaking of which, I have never heard of Melee's advance techniques until a few months ago, and I had the game since 2008-ish. Wave dashing looks pointless unless you're Luigi, because theress this function in the game called normal dashing, that is equally as effective and so much easier to pull off. L-canceling actually looks useful, but it was not supposed to be in the game. It is sort of like an unpatched bug, and hence, using the technique would be cheating in a sense. Plus, its about as cheap as tripping others.

Mewtwo is not gonna be in Smash 4. Give it up, fanboys.

Same with Ridley.

And King K. Rool
  51. Oct 16, 2014
    Best Fighting game ever!Most of the people say that they prefer Melee because it is more balanced, more combo-based, faster... guess what, guys, Super Smash Bros Brawl is THE fighting game of Nintendo!Simply A true Masterpiece!
    Game play:10/10.
    If you are not familiar with Super smash bros, You should remember that, in the first game, you moved with the control stick, attacked with
    either A or B buttons, used R for throws, and L for taunts. There are 35 characters available for you to choose, 20 of them available from the star. Each character plays in unique way, and the roster´s is incredibly balanced!
    Story mode:God bless Miyamoto! 10/10
    Solo mode 10/10:A new order and the possibility to confront Master and Crazy Hand at the same time!
    Events:10/10. I Like the events of Brawl.
    All-Star Mode: Can you beat the entire cast by yourself??? I did!
    Vs Mode:The heart of the game! 10/10
    Masterpieces and Custom Stages :10/10
    Final Score:10/10
    Could It get any better???
  52. Sep 18, 2014
    One of my most anticipated games back in the day and the main reason I bought a Nintendo Wii. I definitely would have rated this a 10 a few years ago but going back to Melee and playing Project M have given me a few gripes with this game's flow of battle compared to those other two. Regardless, the single player is the best that Smash has seen, and the roster of characters is top notch with many awesome newcomers. It's easily the best game for the Nintendo Wii. Expand
  53. Sep 21, 2014
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the greatest video game that I have ever played. The fighting is quick, precise, satisfying, and addictive. Tons of fun game modes and a colorful cast of characters combine to create an amazing gaming experience. A lot of people criticize Brawl for its prat fall mechanic, but that's just a tiny blemish on an otherwise great game.
  54. Oct 7, 2014
    You must get this. If you liked Melee you will love this even more. Controls are easy to learn, lots of characters and modes, and awesome action. The story wasn't that awesome, but the game is just great. Awesome game to play if you're inviting some friends over.
  55. Nov 2, 2014
    you should at least play this game and 99% of time you would like any smash bros but this is the best version dispite being a wii game and i do not play wii games but the best thing about the game is the stage maker and the story
  56. Nov 21, 2014
    Best game of all time. So much content that will you keep you playing this game for ages. It's a shame that Nintendo had to shut down the online because Basic Brawl is really popular and NEVER lagged for me.

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.