Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii

8.9

1. Apr 6, 2012
    If you have a Wii then you need to get this, it's easily one of, if not the best game on the system, it packs countless hours of gameplay do the extremely large amount of content, and it filled with tons of references to Nintendo's past, it's easy to pick up and play, and fun to play with family and friends, honestly I see no reason not to get this if you have a Wii, sure I've got a fewIf you have a Wii then you need to get this, it's easily one of, if not the best game on the system, it packs countless hours of gameplay do the extremely large amount of content, and it filled with tons of references to Nintendo's past, it's easy to pick up and play, and fun to play with family and friends, honestly I see no reason not to get this if you have a Wii, sure I've got a few minor issues and complaints with it, but when you think of the overall package and how it can literally keep you entertained for hundreds of hours all those flaws just seem to practically disappear, this is truly a must play title for any and all gamers, and stands out among all the other great Wii games as one of the best, it's an outstanding game. Expand
  2. Jan 18, 2016
    If you truly like Melee, you're going to love this next installment Nintendo has in your hands. From such an amazing soundtrack to such great gameplay.
  3. Nov 6, 2011
    This is one of the greatest fighting games ever made. Nintendo's greatest characters return with more action, fighting, pure awesomeness, and some twists, including Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake as the 1st playable 3rd party characters in the series.
  4. Jul 3, 2016
    This game is the 2nd best super smash bros. game of the series. This game has great controls and a great selection of characters. I love this game it's my 4th favorite Wii game.
  5. Jul 14, 2011
    Because the Wii doesn't have too many hardcore games doesn't mean is death. Smash Bros put in shame the other companies console , and always will. Exaggerated combos and attacks are a joy too watch. The addition of cameos like Sonic and Snake aren't big bomb's but make good shape to the warriors.
  6. May 15, 2016
    Best Fighting on Super Smash Bros series . In this game has got not only Nintendo characters , but and Sega characters , Solid Snake . Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK VS DC Universe are the best fighting games of 2008 . SSBB has got good graphics and in this game isnt a shame to spend a lot of hours . Good Fighting . 8/10 .
  7. Feb 1, 2016
    Super Smash Bros: Brawl is a very fun game, tying up classic Nintendo and even GameCube characters, like Mario, Link, and even Solid Snake. The gameplay of Brawl is all about knocking your opponent(s) off the stage. The fighting is fast and fun, never gets old, and always leaves you wanting more. The campaign is very mediocre, and that is the main reason this game doesn't get a 9. AnotherSuper Smash Bros: Brawl is a very fun game, tying up classic Nintendo and even GameCube characters, like Mario, Link, and even Solid Snake. The gameplay of Brawl is all about knocking your opponent(s) off the stage. The fighting is fast and fun, never gets old, and always leaves you wanting more. The campaign is very mediocre, and that is the main reason this game doesn't get a 9. Another reason is that its very easy to get caught in an unblockable overpowered combo, leaving you very frustrated, making you yell and scream so loud that your big brother will always remind you for the rest of your life. Anyway, Super Smash Bros is a must- buy if you own a Wii. If you don't, there are other fighting games for your PS3 and XBOX 360, like Tekken and Street fighter. Expand
  8. May 12, 2017
    After the fantastic "Super Smash Bros. Melee," fans were pumped up when they heard about the fact that the Wii was getting a new "Super Smash Bros." game, this one titled "Super Smash Bros. Brawl." The game was also released at one of the best times to be a Wii owner: the Wii had just seen new entries in "The Legend of Zelda," "Metroid," and "Super Mario" franchises, all of which wereAfter the fantastic "Super Smash Bros. Melee," fans were pumped up when they heard about the fact that the Wii was getting a new "Super Smash Bros." game, this one titled "Super Smash Bros. Brawl." The game was also released at one of the best times to be a Wii owner: the Wii had just seen new entries in "The Legend of Zelda," "Metroid," and "Super Mario" franchises, all of which were released to critical acclaim, and "Brawl" was the culmination of all this. And even though the game was rather controversial, it still turned out to be pretty fantastic.
    After all these years, it's still fun to play, it's still spilling out content, it's got a surprising great single player "story" mode (The Subspace Emissary, in case you forgot), an outstanding cast of characters, plenty of great stages, and a phenomenal soundtrack, with plenty of songs from plenty of composers and eras of gaming that wonderfully capture the spirit of their original versions.
    That said, "Brawl" is very controversial among many fans, myself included. Where Melee was extremely fast-paced and technical, "Brawl" caters more to casual fans, removing many forms of tech skill and slowing down the game's speed so as to allow newcomers to not struggle as much, and because of this, the game just isn't as fun as "Melee." On top of that, the game isn't wonderfully balanced: Meta Knight and Ice Climbers are obviously known for being overpowered, but beyond that, it genuinely seems like too many of the best characters in the game are newcomers (I'm going by the tier-list here), and many of the worst characters are veterans (again, tier list), which kinda tells me that Masahiro Sakurai put a little more emphasis on making those newcomers amazing this time around.
    Even so, "Brawl" is an incredible fun ride and, even if you're a huge Melee fanatic like I am, you should still give "Brawl" a fair shot. It's plenty of fun, and it's a very well-crafted game.
    Final rating: 9 out of 10 "Awesome"
  9. Nov 14, 2010
    The best fighting game of all time, its largest flaw lies in that it was not playtested quite enough.

The game is a fun fighting game. The single player is enjoyable, and there is some good exploration there, as well as some fun challenge. There are also single player challenges which test your skill. The real meat of the game is the competitive multiplayer, and it is excellent - the

The real meat of the game is the competitive multiplayer, and it is excellent - the best in the series. The controls are simple and intuitive, but the gameplay is very deep. Knocking foes off leads to all sorts of very interesting implications as far as gamplay is concerned, and the game is overall very enjoyable.

However, there are some flaws. Metaknight is the best character in the game, and it isn't controversial - he is simply too good. While he may not be ONLY advantageous matchups, he is very nearly so, and he can abuse the game in ways that are pretty unfun.

King Dedede has a chain grab which is incredibly obnoxious and, on a stage with walk-off edges, becomes an automatic KO if he grabs his foe. This results in these stages all being banned from competitive play, which exacerbates the issues with Metaknight, as stages with walk-off edges are his worst stages.

The supers are overpowered, resulting in them not being usable in tournament play.

Some items are really obnoxious, and because of their swinginess again are turned off in tournament play, and are even a bit obnoxious in casual play.

Overall, though, the game is great, and the flaws don't render the game bad, merely imperfect.
  10. Jul 3, 2013
    This is pretty much the greatest game of all time. It kicks Sony's shameless rip off's ass. More characters, More features, more stages, more trophies, stickers, outstanding story mode, this game is just awesome!
  11. May 30, 2015
    Ah, the game that sparked controversy among the smashing community. Will you become a loyal Melee fan or a extreme Brawl fan? Smash Brawl may be more slow-paced and methodical than its predecessor but that doesn't mean it's mindless boredom.

The great Subspace Emissary story mode brings all the characters together in one coherent story (and all without dialogue, no less) as well as great new characters like Wolf, Snake, Sonic, Lucas, Meta Knight, and more. The stages are better than ever before and Nintendo chose some really great stages to bring back to the Wii generation. The music is fantastic as well. Another smash hit for Nintendo!
  12. Dec 30, 2014
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a highly addicting party fighting game that I've put in over 100 hours of playing. Its only flaw is in how unbalanced everything is and The Great Maze. But other than that, this is a truly fantastic fighting game.
  13. Jun 26, 2013
    As a kid, I remember playing the first Super Smash Bros., saying to myself, "It just can't get better than this". Later, Melee came out and I was proven wrong. After playing Melee for a solid 100 hours, I said, "There's no way it can get any better than this!" Then, Brawl came out, and I was proven wrong yet again.

Brawl is, without a doubt, the most complete Smash Bros. game to date.

Brawl is, without a doubt, the most complete Smash Bros. game to date. There are tens of characters to play as, dozens of stages (not to mention you can build your own), hundreds of trophies, and many different gameplay modes to mess with. There's also a pretty good story mode, which is a change for the series.

The only flaw with this game is the online play with random strangers. Saying that there's lag is an understatement.

All in all, this is the best Smash Bros. yet. There's no way it can get better than this (or can it... WiiU?)
  14. Jul 10, 2013
    With fun visuals and interesting characters to fight against each other, "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" is the perfect game for a video game lover. My favorite Wii game to date.
  15. Mar 25, 2013
    It's outrageously entertaining, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the perfect game to play with a group of buddies or homies. Its got amazing characters and epic battles and moves that will make it a nonstop playing game.
  16. Jan 6, 2016
    With the addition of great characters, better maps, improved gameplay and graphics, Super Smash Bros Brawl was an improvement on the already awesome last instalment.
  17. Aug 30, 2015
    The third SSB game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of THE BEST games I have ever played in my life. The loading speed is slow at times but the features make up for it. The SSE is awesome. The character selection is okay. Wolf and Ice Climbers (Nana and Popo) are awesome. The graphics are really great for the Wii. Solo mode is okay. The stages are very cool and well designed. The MeleeThe third SSB game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of THE BEST games I have ever played in my life. The loading speed is slow at times but the features make up for it. The SSE is awesome. The character selection is okay. Wolf and Ice Climbers (Nana and Popo) are awesome. The graphics are really great for the Wii. Solo mode is okay. The stages are very cool and well designed. The Melee stages are cool, my favourite is either Jungle Japes or Temple. This game also has THE best music selection in any SSB game in my opinion along with SSB4. The controls are okay except it is sometimes I mess up. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of the best games of All-Time in my opinion and is my second favourite in the series, and if you hate Super Smash Bros. Brawl, you are way BEYOND silly as JB. I highly recommend it because it is fantastic. Expand
  18. Jan 28, 2013
    Although I now consider Nintendo to be the worst company on earth (not just videogame company, but any type of company), I do want to give them respect when they deserve it. SSB is actually an aquired taste. With the input delay, you really have to learn timing and avoid button mashing to get good. Playstation All-Stars is superior in the sense that you can actually form deep fighting gameAlthough I now consider Nintendo to be the worst company on earth (not just videogame company, but any type of company), I do want to give them respect when they deserve it. SSB is actually an aquired taste. With the input delay, you really have to learn timing and avoid button mashing to get good. Playstation All-Stars is superior in the sense that you can actually form deep fighting game combos, but SSB is better overall because it is a much bigger game with a richer history. Nintendo, I hate you, but you have made some good games in the past. Expand
  19. Oct 24, 2013
    Right after I played the first match I was instantly hooked to this game, I'm pretty sure I have played this game longer then any other. The only reason i gave it a 9 is because of bad online, and some bad stages,characters, and items. But overall this game is tied with Super Mario Galaxy as my favorite Wii games.
  20. Jan 7, 2015
    This game is literally perfect, I mean PERFECT. There is nothing I didn't like about this game. There is a large variety of characters, character animations that stay true to their original games, great graphics (especially for the Wii), and a wide set of combos and smash moves. It also has a stage creator which can be a lot of fun too. This is one of the only games in which the Wii remoteThis game is literally perfect, I mean PERFECT. There is nothing I didn't like about this game. There is a large variety of characters, character animations that stay true to their original games, great graphics (especially for the Wii), and a wide set of combos and smash moves. It also has a stage creator which can be a lot of fun too. This is one of the only games in which the Wii remote and nun-chuck actually worked great with. This game is absurdly fun to play with friends and family or even by yourself! 10/10 (Masterpiece) Expand
  21. Sep 20, 2010
    Fun as hell. If you loved Melee, you will adore this game. For some it might feel like a massive expansion pack but you just can't miss this. Completely balanced characters, easy to pick up controls and countless goodies and entertainment at its disposal. Get it.
  22. Apr 21, 2014
    its smash bros, need I say more? the most fun I have had playing games with my friends were on this game. lots of characters to choose from, tons of stages, easy to play and feels good to play. the single player campaign was a little disappointing because of the enemies, they were boring to fight, I would have preferred enemies from the characters games way better
  23. Mar 15, 2014
    This is my favourite fighting game alongside Marvel versus Capcom. It's accessible but deep, fun but challenging. The stages are the best I have seen from a fighting game and the characters are unique and fun. This is the best online experience on the Wii and is a must-have for any long time Nintendo fans.
  24. Apr 18, 2016
    Incredible fighting/adventure game.
    Unlike other fighting games, this one brings a lot new to the table, its main selling points obviously being its family friendly nature and 4 player multiplayer.
  25. Dec 22, 2011
    What a game! It is seriously the longest lasting game of all time, it never gets boring (coming from someone with well over 500 hours of play time). However, if I was rating the game on single player alone, it would probably get an 8/10, and the online a 7/10. But, if you have up to 3 friends (or relatives) then the game comes incredibly to life, with 35+ characters to choose from andWhat a game! It is seriously the longest lasting game of all time, it never gets boring (coming from someone with well over 500 hours of play time). However, if I was rating the game on single player alone, it would probably get an 8/10, and the online a 7/10. But, if you have up to 3 friends (or relatives) then the game comes incredibly to life, with 35+ characters to choose from and almost as many stages to fight on you will be playing for years (until the next one). It's better than the previous game and is the best multiplayer game I have ever played. Expand
  26. Apr 1, 2014
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a blast!!! I never owned the original on the N64, I had Melee and I liked it but this is really good. My sister and I have such a fun time playing through the different modes like Brawl mode or The Subspace Emissary (Adventure Mode). They both offer good fun and good challenges (even though I kind of suck at the Adventure Mode). This game has a lot of coolSuper Smash Bros. Brawl is a blast!!! I never owned the original on the N64, I had Melee and I liked it but this is really good. My sister and I have such a fun time playing through the different modes like Brawl mode or The Subspace Emissary (Adventure Mode). They both offer good fun and good challenges (even though I kind of suck at the Adventure Mode). This game has a lot of cool features, some we've seen before like Trophy Collecting and Events but we now have other cool things that make the game really cool; There is an online mode, I actually haven't tried it though, but it's good to see a SSB game with this feature (Better play it while you can, Wi-Fi goes out on Wii and DS this May). There is also a few other things like Old Game demos which are cool even though I wish the trials were longer and a level creator; however a lot of these extra small things I didn't take too much time with, I just mainly playing the "main events" like Brawl, Classic Mode and Subspace Emissary. The characters are also great, my favorite characters I like to play are probably Mario, Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong and a few others (Don't Judge). SSBB is without a doubt a must have on the Wii, go out buy it now! I also look forward to seeing SSB4 come out later this year on the 3DS and Wii U (I just need to get me a Wii U -_-). Expand
  27. Jun 26, 2015
    This game is AWESOME!! My 2nd favourite SSB game. The graphics are great for Wii. The controls are good. The character selection is great. I frickin LOVED the Subspace Emissary. Super Smash Bros Brawl is a game you should definitely buy. And if you hate SSB, you're beyond silly as JB.
  28. Apr 1, 2017
    9.6 - Another great Smash Bros. game that improves on the story mode especially but also adds good additions such as a boss battles mode and much needed characters (Sonic and Snake).
  29. Feb 16, 2012
    one of the best fighting games ever it has all of the classic nintendo characters that we know and love the story mode isnt the best but its probably the best fighting game story ive ever played they have all the chalenge modes from the old game and new characters such as wario pit etc. the only problem with this game is the online matchmaking the only fights you can have are the standardone of the best fighting games ever it has all of the classic nintendo characters that we know and love the story mode isnt the best but its probably the best fighting game story ive ever played they have all the chalenge modes from the old game and new characters such as wario pit etc. the only problem with this game is the online matchmaking the only fights you can have are the standard 2:00 mintune fights other then that its amazing Expand
  30. Dec 29, 2012
    Maybe I'm biased towards Smash Brothers in general, but any game that can consistently entertain and satisfy me for 4 years is a great game in my book.
  31. Jan 8, 2014
    Hands down one of the best fighters of this generation. This game has so much to offer that you will be playing this game for nearly years (like me). The roster is great, the fighting is very easy to get into and its just so fun and addicting with your friends that you will be playing this game for hours that you won't know passed. The story mode is pretty good (again especially withHands down one of the best fighters of this generation. This game has so much to offer that you will be playing this game for nearly years (like me). The roster is great, the fighting is very easy to get into and its just so fun and addicting with your friends that you will be playing this game for hours that you won't know passed. The story mode is pretty good (again especially with friends) and the soundtrack is just a hall down nostalgia lane. The online mode is the only issue i have, but i don't play online almost at all, so it does not bother me that much. This game for me is borderline perfect. Expand
  32. Mar 20, 2012
    Enterteining, complete, spectacular and varied. It is one of the best games of Wii, and it do not have fault. Simply it is more than you can wait in a game.
  33. Jan 19, 2013
    There are only 3 games I can say are worth getting on the Wii, and this one alone is worth the console. The roster of characters is large at 35, and while some characters have advantages over the others, I never really found it a problem since I never play competitively.

The Story mode is a nice platforming adventure while the classic mode is there for those who want a short Sweet experience. The v.s. mode will take up most of your time though. You'll also be able to save replays of short bouts and take screen caps in any mode at any time by just pausing the game.

The music list is larger then melee, and you now can change the odds for a track to play. Trophies make a welcome return along side stickers and CDs. A challenge wall allows you to see how to obtain more stages, songs, trophies, and stickers.

The game is beautiful. Sure it's not HD, but it's a good looking game still. Every stage looks like it's right from it's respective franchise.
  34. Dec 25, 2010
    This game is amazing. Of course, you can't really go wrong with Nintendo games. The subspace emissary is the only thing that I find incomplete. Despite being a nice 'quest,' it can eventually feel like a long grind, but I wouldn't be too concerned about that if you aren't going to play it. That aside, I find that with 4 different control methods (Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuck, GCThis game is amazing. Of course, you can't really go wrong with Nintendo games. The subspace emissary is the only thing that I find incomplete. Despite being a nice 'quest,' it can eventually feel like a long grind, but I wouldn't be too concerned about that if you aren't going to play it. That aside, I find that with 4 different control methods (Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuck, GC Controller, Wii Classic Controller), you can easily find some type of play style you like. It may be 2 years old, but the game is so impressive that it is the best fighter on the Wii. You will NOT be disappointed. Expand
  35. May 12, 2013
    If you want to know what my favorite game is; I'd be surprise knowing that you cared, it's this one. I'm going to start off with what makes this a good game first, then go on with why I love this game so much. First off you get a sequel to one of the biggest gamecube games at the time and probably now, and is also being released on one of the biggest systems at the time; that I'm sure of.If you want to know what my favorite game is; I'd be surprise knowing that you cared, it's this one. I'm going to start off with what makes this a good game first, then go on with why I love this game so much. First off you get a sequel to one of the biggest gamecube games at the time and probably now, and is also being released on one of the biggest systems at the time; that I'm sure of. You get an expanded roster of some the most iconic Nintendo characters, plus now for the first time 3rd-party characters Snake and Sonic. With highly detailed graphics it makes watching the fighting even more enjoyable, which is also a minor problem because there's so much going on that you can't fully enjoy the detail. The biggest part this game had to offer was the fact that it had online play, which would mean that we could pown noobs anywhere now, but unfortunately that didn't really meet our expectations. Now in this one there's a story mode along with the usual material, and that is probable the not so great part of this game. it goes on for too long, and is not that entirely interesting; it is at times, just not all the time. Now for the best part: VS mode. by far the greatest 4 player fighting game to date, or the greatest I can think of. Just casual producer as always, pick your character and stage, then proceed to beat the living crap out of your friends. There was also the introduction to final smashes, which are these dazzling super moves that can clear the stage of enemies. This was always the one thing I think didn't need to be in the game; it's great though how you can just turn it off with ease, it can be seen as unfair because players could just wait for the smash ball to appear and just use that to win. Now for why I love this game. Don't you love it when you see an image from your childhood in a cool game or movie? Well for me I was excited to kick all my friends asses with Meta knight! Now though it's seen as unfair to play as him. What's also cool is that this game doesn't focus on combo's and special moves like most previous fighting games do, but instead tries to give players; or rather force others, to use strategy while fighting. Characters don't have a label on their heads saying how to be played, all characters can be played differently and can be efficient, but some have certain advantages over others, but none that are major. So in conclusion I think this is one of the best fighting games of all time; please note I said "one" of greatest, and I wish I could play it now. Expand
  36. Sep 22, 2014
    Since when has it been cool to hate on Smash Bros? Never. And it never will be. Still one of the most wildly fun games to play with friends over or even by yourself.
  37. Aug 22, 2016
    É um bom jogo, mas achei o modo historia chato e cansativo, e comprando com o melee, vimos como ele é infererior, porem ainda é um otimo jogo, tambem a falhas no online
  38. May 26, 2014
    This game is great to hack! Just download Project M! But anyways, yes this game is good, but i really hate how casual this is. Anyways, just about everything in this game is great EXCEPT if your fighting against 3 CPUs, no matter if you have teams or not they will GANG RAPE YOU! As in, they will rather DIE, than to have you LIVE. Try it for yourself: play as peach and go to one side of newThis game is great to hack! Just download Project M! But anyways, yes this game is good, but i really hate how casual this is. Anyways, just about everything in this game is great EXCEPT if your fighting against 3 CPUs, no matter if you have teams or not they will GANG RAPE YOU! As in, they will rather DIE, than to have you LIVE. Try it for yourself: play as peach and go to one side of new pork city & float on one side, you will see all of the CPUs ignore each other, and want you DEAD. So screw the CPUs, just play this game with friends, and everything will be well. Expand
  39. Apr 27, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = Unlimited amounts of replayabiltity, battles of epic proportions, all of my favorite nintendo characters on one incredible roster, unparalleled fighting gameplay, Final smashes, 60 frames per second . . . Need I continue??
  40. Feb 5, 2017
    Super Smash Bros Brawl is definitely the best game of the Wii and the Smash bros series. It is one of the best multiplayer experiences out there with tons of selectable characters, stages and game modes. The game also excels as a single player game, with game modes such as classic mode, break the targets, multi-man brawl, and an online mode. What makes Brawl the best game in the series isSuper Smash Bros Brawl is definitely the best game of the Wii and the Smash bros series. It is one of the best multiplayer experiences out there with tons of selectable characters, stages and game modes. The game also excels as a single player game, with game modes such as classic mode, break the targets, multi-man brawl, and an online mode. What makes Brawl the best game in the series is undoubtedly the new adventure mode the "Subspace Emissary", lasting well over 10 hours and featuring some epic boss battles from the most beloved Nintendo franchises, side-scrolling action, and an interesting story. If you own a wii, this is a must-have game. Expand
  41. May 29, 2013
    I really don't mind that there is almost no online multiplayer, because the regular multiplayer in this game is already fine. I really love all of those reviews about how this game is unbalanced; PSASBR is very unbalanced, making this game seem perfectly fair. I like this game more that PSASBR as well because there are obvious skill levels in this game, I can easily beat people that don'tI really don't mind that there is almost no online multiplayer, because the regular multiplayer in this game is already fine. I really love all of those reviews about how this game is unbalanced; PSASBR is very unbalanced, making this game seem perfectly fair. I like this game more that PSASBR as well because there are obvious skill levels in this game, I can easily beat people that don't play as much as me. In PSASBR, my friend came over, and was almost on par with my skills event though it was his first time playing it ever. Maybe because you get the skill from this game, and show it on PSASBR, I don't know. I've heard about 'clones,' whoever has commented about this seriously hasn't played Melee. Let's take Fox and Falco for example, in Melee, both of them have red lasers, that just touch the enemy, an their move sets are very similar. In Brawl, Falco shoots blue beams of energy, and knocks the opponent back. Whereas Fox has a red beam of energy and has the same effect as in Melee. Their down b's are also different, in Melee, Falco and Fox just held their shield in place. In brawl, Falco kicks his down b shield, and Fox does the same as he did in Melee. Same with Ganon and Cpt. Falcon, their moves are slightly different, unlike in Melee. Someone mentioned the subspace emissary? compare it to PSASBR, the only game to really compare this game to. I a really annoyed with people complaining about the music. You know what I'm going to suggest, look at PSASBR. This along with stage problems, ever try PSASBR, in that game, the stage stops after a small amount of playing on it (stock matches especially evident), in SSBB, the stage continues, and keeps pace. Whatever people say about this game, I will still ask you to refer to PSASBR, to see if it is any better. I will only start to complain if the next Super Smash Bros game is worse than this one. My Verdict is the same at 9.8/10, online is almost (if not) literally impossible to use. Expand
  42. Jun 30, 2014
    The definitive Smash Bros so far (I'm expecting the Wii U version to top it though). Tons of characters, stages, items, and general madness make this an absolute riot in multiplayer and the single player is the best of any Smash Bros game yet too in my opinion. Only complaints for me are the character balance problems and some of the final smashes being far more useful than others. OtherThe definitive Smash Bros so far (I'm expecting the Wii U version to top it though). Tons of characters, stages, items, and general madness make this an absolute riot in multiplayer and the single player is the best of any Smash Bros game yet too in my opinion. Only complaints for me are the character balance problems and some of the final smashes being far more useful than others. Other than that this thing rocks and is one of the best local multiplayer games ever, not least because of the lack of need for split screens. Expand
  43. Nov 2, 2014
    you should at least play this game and 99% of time you would like any smash bros but this is the best version dispite being a wii game and i do not play wii games but the best thing about the game is the stage maker and the story
  44. Sep 13, 2011
    This is easily the greatest fighting game I've ever played. There are very few flaws with this that don't overshadow the rest of this experience. In fact, this is also the best video game I've ever played. I'm really not kidding here, this game is better than Mario and Zelda. In fact it's both of these games plus more games by Nintendo in the mix. However, it also adds Sonic theThis is easily the greatest fighting game I've ever played. There are very few flaws with this that don't overshadow the rest of this experience. In fact, this is also the best video game I've ever played. I'm really not kidding here, this game is better than Mario and Zelda. In fact it's both of these games plus more games by Nintendo in the mix. However, it also adds Sonic the Hedgehog, and Solid Snake which aren't Nintendo characters (which is a good thing), along with their own stages. Add the characters with the stages, features, adventure mode, and every other great feature, and you've got yourself an absolutely perfect game. Expand
  45. Dec 9, 2014
    This and Wii Sports Resort are the reasons why I still own my Wii, this game is just as good as Melee. I really like how you can use multiple controllers, even the Wii remote and nunchuck. The single player is a little bit boring but fun, gameplay is great, the 2 player is fun especially in the campaign which makes the story better.

Pros: Fun 2 player Great gameplay Good combat

Pros: Fun 2 player
    Great gameplay
    Good combat mechanics

Cons: Repitive Story
  46. Oct 15, 2011
    im not a huge fan of fighters, but when brawl is revived, its very good. Only 1 problem: during multiplayer, especially, even though it happens in 1 player, you can get bored after over an hour of link going hyaaaa!!! and pressing buttons, and pretending youre amazing at the game, and...

so its an 81% for me!!
  47. Jan 1, 2012
    If the online was as good as it should be, this would be the best game on Wii. It's still hugely addictive still today, being the best multiplayer experience on the market.
  48. Sep 10, 2011
    This game isn't my absolute favorite fighter, and its definitely not my favorite of the Smash Bros games, it still is fantastic with plenty of characters and trophies and stickers to unlock
  49. Apr 4, 2012
    I know no one will read this, but don't listen to the bad reviews. If you liked any of the other Smash Bros. games, then you'll fall in love with this game.
  50. Mar 22, 2012
    This is the best fighting game ever. You can play as all of your favorite characters from most Nintendo Franchises, and some "Nontendo" [play on words =~)] franchise. This has a great moment with my favorite scene from any video game ever in it. The multiplayer is the best kind ever, no one will be disappointed. The only place where it lacks is having online multiplayer with extremely longThis is the best fighting game ever. You can play as all of your favorite characters from most Nintendo Franchises, and some "Nontendo" [play on words =~)] franchise. This has a great moment with my favorite scene from any video game ever in it. The multiplayer is the best kind ever, no one will be disappointed. The only place where it lacks is having online multiplayer with extremely long wait times, so most of the time it better (and perhaps even more challenging) to put some computer players on. Expand
  51. Jun 28, 2011
    May not be as good as "Melee" but it is definitely one of the best game the Wii has to offer. Pretty good graphics, as wild as ever with even more awesome characters from Nintendo history, all new adventure that is more detailed than the other to games and it has that smash bros feel that makes you want to have a party with your friends.
  52. Jan 15, 2014
    This is by far my favorite fighting game (not to mention my favorite Super Smash Bros. game) it has more content then any other fighter ever and the best story (in my opinion) ever in a fighter, and that's not to mention the amazing selection of characters. This game has no competitor it's just to good.
  53. Nov 13, 2011
    Personally i'm not a fan of fighters, but the Super Smash Bros. series has always been a blast for me, especially with friends. The addition of new characters and a single player campaign ensure that Brawl isn't just Melee with a coat of paint. The amount of collectables in Brawl is astounding, and will take months to complete. The only let down would have to be the online, Mario Kart WiiPersonally i'm not a fan of fighters, but the Super Smash Bros. series has always been a blast for me, especially with friends. The addition of new characters and a single player campaign ensure that Brawl isn't just Melee with a coat of paint. The amount of collectables in Brawl is astounding, and will take months to complete. The only let down would have to be the online, Mario Kart Wii proved that the Wii can handle online and it would have been great fun to beat the **** out of someone in Germany of France, but in the time I have owned this game i have not found a single online game that was playable. Nevertheless, if you own a Wii, you owe it to yourself Expand
  54. Sep 27, 2015
    If you love Smash or fighting game in general, obviously you'll want to get this. If you're not that into fighting games but like platforming brawlers, the 5-hour single player or co-op campaign should seal the deal.
  55. Nov 28, 2012
    This game is amazing the best super smash bros ever i played this all summer long and smoked pot and drank beers and just had a good time and this game is amazing
  56. Mar 14, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a Nintendo fans dream game, Featuring tons of Nintendo characters and a few non-nintendo characters being Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid, Most characters are fairly well balanced, but there are a few that are a bit overpowered and some that are quite under-powered, Nonetheless this is the best example of local four playerSuper Smash Bros. Brawl is a Nintendo fans dream game, Featuring tons of Nintendo characters and a few non-nintendo characters being Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid, Most characters are fairly well balanced, but there are a few that are a bit overpowered and some that are quite under-powered, Nonetheless this is the best example of local four player competitive play along with Mario Kart, The weakest part of Brawl is it's online play which is very laggy and is just hard to play.

This is one of the best games on Wii to play with family and friends, It's adventure mode storyline is decent for seeing all Nintendo characters together, but it is quite repetitive and the gameplay is quite boring and easy. But this is an easy recommendation for Wii or Wii U owners looking for a game to play.
  57. Apr 27, 2017
    Un juego de combate perfecto, muy divertido con un gran numero de modalidades, modo historia, sub misiones, mini juegos, juegos extra, gran catalogo de personajes, es evolucion de una de las mejores sagas de nintendo, a mi y a mis amigos nos encanta
  58. Mar 7, 2017
    CAPOLAVORO senza tempo. il più bel gioco che io abbia mai giocato.
    Riunisce amalgamandoli alla perfezione tutti i personaggi più amati di Nintendo.
    Storia, gameplay, musiche e minigiochi da manuale.
    E' un 100/100 coi controcoglioni.
  59. Jul 20, 2013
    Masterpiece of a game. The Smash Bros. formula is almost perfected as it is, but Brawl improves the formula even more. The game has aged extremely well graphically, especially for being on the Wii. Characters and stages are better than ever. Subspace Emissary mode could be better, but it wasn't bad by any means. The game has a massive load of collectibles. I still unlock new songs,Masterpiece of a game. The Smash Bros. formula is almost perfected as it is, but Brawl improves the formula even more. The game has aged extremely well graphically, especially for being on the Wii. Characters and stages are better than ever. Subspace Emissary mode could be better, but it wasn't bad by any means. The game has a massive load of collectibles. I still unlock new songs, trophies, and stickers even after five years of playing. Like the other games in the series, Brawl is extremely intuitive, making it the most vaudeville fighting game out there. This game is practically timeless and deserved all the hype it received. This is by and large the best Wii game ever. Expand
  60. Jan 8, 2011
    This game is the best crossover game there is. Mario fights Luigi? Fox fights Kirby? Link fights himself with different clothes? Nintendo characters fight each other with Sonic and Snake involved? It's all here. If you love Melee, Nintendo or just a good fighting game, then what are you doing? The single player mode, The Subspace Emissary is a story that's basically the characters have toThis game is the best crossover game there is. Mario fights Luigi? Fox fights Kirby? Link fights himself with different clothes? Nintendo characters fight each other with Sonic and Snake involved? It's all here. If you love Melee, Nintendo or just a good fighting game, then what are you doing? The single player mode, The Subspace Emissary is a story that's basically the characters have to stop an evil Army involving Master Hand, Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, King Dedede (and maybe Wolf? Not sure about him) and a whole lot of things to stop turning game characters into statues as collectibles for some evil guy. You may think it's dull, but it's not. It's the way characters interact with each other. Them mission are also really good. Ever wanted Fox in Donkey Kong Country? You can do that here. There's a whole lot more. Unfortunately, I bought a copy with a bug in it that makes it impossible to complete it. Shame that... Also unfortunately, I can't do multiplayer because a Wi-Fi tower near my house has been out of order for quite a while, but I've been told it's really good. So if you want a great fighter game, this is a great choice. Nine out of ten from me. Expand
  61. Nov 1, 2011
    My favorite multiplayer game for the Nintendo Wii. Loads of fun with beating each other up, online is a real challenge! SSE mode was a lot of fun completing with family or friends. This is my favorite Smash Bros. ever made as of to date, looking forward to the 3DS version and more character selection! The level selection in this game has everything any type of Nintendo fan wants. This is aMy favorite multiplayer game for the Nintendo Wii. Loads of fun with beating each other up, online is a real challenge! SSE mode was a lot of fun completing with family or friends. This is my favorite Smash Bros. ever made as of to date, looking forward to the 3DS version and more character selection! The level selection in this game has everything any type of Nintendo fan wants. This is a fantastic fun multiplayer fighting game that will have you coming back for more beating and beatings!! Expand
  62. Sep 11, 2013
    All I have to say is that ever since I played Super Smash Bros on the the N64 (which I didn't like). All I have to say is that this game is just amazing. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an Improvement upon the previous two games, the only problems though are the loading times they take FOREVER to load and the online multiplayer lag alot and I mean ALOT and yes Jigglypuff is in Brawl and she'sAll I have to say is that ever since I played Super Smash Bros on the the N64 (which I didn't like). All I have to say is that this game is just amazing. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an Improvement upon the previous two games, the only problems though are the loading times they take FOREVER to load and the online multiplayer lag alot and I mean ALOT and yes Jigglypuff is in Brawl and she's even WORSE than ever!

Aside the long loading times, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a real treat. Score: 4/5.
  63. Aug 8, 2011
    This is SO MUCH FUN!!! Brawling against your friends is very fun, collecting trophies and stickers is another highlight and don't know where to begin on The Subspace Emissary! I'm sure everyone will agree with me on this, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a must have on Wii!
  64. May 28, 2011
    With so many (really good) user scores, I know my review won't make a dent in the average. Still, this is worth writing. SSBB is the best game I have ever played. I can say that with absolute confidence. Is this targeted to little kids? NO! This game is for everyone, and even MK fans would enjoy this. The story is crazy good, i mean absolutely amazing, i mean better tha anything you'veWith so many (really good) user scores, I know my review won't make a dent in the average. Still, this is worth writing. SSBB is the best game I have ever played. I can say that with absolute confidence. Is this targeted to little kids? NO! This game is for everyone, and even MK fans would enjoy this. The story is crazy good, i mean absolutely amazing, i mean better tha anything you've ever seen. The graphics are absolutely marvelously polished, and the environments look fabulous. The stages are more diverse and exciting, but don't worry! Some of the old stages from melee are back! As are some of the characters. That's where this game truly shines. There are so many characters, and all of them are fun to play with. Also, there are more items to play around with, and the new final smashes make you feel like you're going super saiyan. (Sadly, super sonic is as close as it gets) There are a few clones, but who cares? There are a ton of differences between characters, and every character is amazing. The controls are completely responsive, and don't screw around, and the camera works fine. the cutscenes look great, and really help an already great storyline. You know, I actually traded this game in? Yeah, bad idea. here i am, typing this, waiting until my birthday so i can have it again. Yes, it is good enough to provide limitless replayability, great stories, and make you want it even after hundreds of hours of play. I swear to god, if you buy something else before this, I will find you. I wish i had an eleven. TEN! Expand
  65. Aug 25, 2011
    Story mode is not that awesome, but its cool that they tried to make a story and all. Me and my friends got hooked on this game at college and had tons of fun. The multiplayer is the only thing worth spending hours upon hours playing.
  66. Aug 2, 2013
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl 10/10.........................................................................................................................
  67. Oct 20, 2013
    As a follow up to melee Brawl has expanded the super smash bros series .More songs more stages more characters more items Brawl improves on everything that melee did great one .more game modes Most of the single player modes of melee are now co-op multiplayer on brawl The graphics are impressive The only flaw is the online it lags and it sucks This is one of the best FIGHTING gamesAs a follow up to melee Brawl has expanded the super smash bros series .More songs more stages more characters more items Brawl improves on everything that melee did great one .more game modes Most of the single player modes of melee are now co-op multiplayer on brawl The graphics are impressive The only flaw is the online it lags and it sucks This is one of the best FIGHTING games in history Expand
  68. Jun 16, 2012
    This is probably one of the best fighting games ever made and it improved a lot from the previous game in the series. With lots of new characters, new "abilities" and a new and very improved Adventure mode it certainly adds much new and interesting stuff to the game without changing the basic gameplay of cause. But what really makes this game so great is of cause the Brawl Mode and withThis is probably one of the best fighting games ever made and it improved a lot from the previous game in the series. With lots of new characters, new "abilities" and a new and very improved Adventure mode it certainly adds much new and interesting stuff to the game without changing the basic gameplay of cause. But what really makes this game so great is of cause the Brawl Mode and with all the characters and maps in this game it is certain that to matches of Brawl Mode will never be the same. They also added a new super attack for each character which really adds some excitement to the game and should you ever get bored with Brawl Mode you can also play Special Brawl which have been improved a lot since the last game. Even though this game is 4 years old it is still the game that i play the most on my wii and also one of my favorite games of all time. If it hadn't been for the poor online system and balance this would definetly be a 10/10, but it's still a fantastic game so i'm gonna give it 9/10. Expand
  69. Nov 6, 2013
    This is easily the best fighting game of all time. With many characters and stages, and with a stage builder, the game rules! What more can you ask for?
  70. Sep 4, 2011
    Probably the best fighting game ever made. This game is HIGHLY addicting, and could become hazardous to your health if not taken care of. The graphics were good considering all of the stuff that had to be animated. I liked how there are less clones than in melee (the only clones being link and toon link, but there is a big difference between the two).
  71. Nov 12, 2012
    It has fantastic graphics,awesome arsenal and game play.I give it to each one 10/10.Overall:3/3.The buttons 1 and 2 make animations.For example:If you press the button 1 while you're using Mario it grow.
  72. Jun 5, 2014
    A great game with friends and siblings. Especially because it's a button mash game, and all ages can have fun with it. There are a wide selection of characters and it makes for interesting matches. Story mode was also surprisingly fun.
  73. May 18, 2017
    Una batalla épica entre los personajes más icónicos de Nintendo. Sus gráficos son muy buenos comparado con lo que nos tienen acostumbrados y un increible modo historia. Pero sin ninguna duda el juego llega a su mejor momento cuando juegas con amigos. Le pongo 96/100
  74. Mar 21, 2012
    there is no brakes to this game its so fun and i would give this a twenty because its endless and real endless fun.....you cant have a wii or cll your self a nintendo fan without having this game.......and even if you get bored you can play demo classic games and theres endless mini games....by far nintendo did its best on this game and this is probably the best game for the WII.....bythere is no brakes to this game its so fun and i would give this a twenty because its endless and real endless fun.....you cant have a wii or cll your self a nintendo fan without having this game.......and even if you get bored you can play demo classic games and theres endless mini games....by far nintendo did its best on this game and this is probably the best game for the WII.....by owning this game yo will be a proud owner of the wii!!!!!!! Expand
  75. Oct 27, 2011
    I think this is the Best Wii game. I have played this the most and think this a great game to play with friends. It always plays different and is enjoyable almost every time. I would advise it to anyone that likes wii or likes fighting games. I love the game and hope to play it many more times.
  76. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is just amazing. I suggest you get it if you don't have it. So many characters, items, and stages! I can't wait for the next Super Smash Bros. This game, it might have brought some characters that are not from Nintendo, but still, its really fun to play with them. The reason I give it a 9, is because there are two characters that are not Nintendo, but, I do like it, but still,This game is just amazing. I suggest you get it if you don't have it. So many characters, items, and stages! I can't wait for the next Super Smash Bros. This game, it might have brought some characters that are not from Nintendo, but still, its really fun to play with them. The reason I give it a 9, is because there are two characters that are not Nintendo, but, I do like it, but still, it's suppose to be a game with all Nintendo characters. Overall, best fighting game I've seen, and I suggest you get it right away! Expand
  77. Dec 4, 2014
    Truly the best game in the Smash Bros series. (At least until I played Smash for Wii U, that is) It is without a doubt, perfect. One thing people complain about is that melee was better. I don't understand why anyone would speak of such wild claims. Brawl has better characters, no annoying, uncreative clones, (the few clones left in the game were made a bit more unique), more stages thatTruly the best game in the Smash Bros series. (At least until I played Smash for Wii U, that is) It is without a doubt, perfect. One thing people complain about is that melee was better. I don't understand why anyone would speak of such wild claims. Brawl has better characters, no annoying, uncreative clones, (the few clones left in the game were made a bit more unique), more stages that have more unique gimmicks and personality to them, stage builder, Online multiplayer, more and better items, the option to change music frequency (which was incredible to me), and a masterpiece of an Adventure Mode, compared to Melee's, which is horrid. The Subspace Emissary has a beautiful story line and is completely accomplished with no speech. If that isn't a true masterpiece, I don't know what is.

People complain that Brawl has tripping, laggy internet, and poor framerate, but is devoid of wave-dashing and L-canceling. ALL of this is utter NONSENSE. The only time I had lag issues online was with my friend who lived 5 minutes away, but my whole house had wifi troubles for the brief period, as I was skyping him at the same time. If you have laggy internet matches, that's your fault, not the game's. Plus, at least brawl has online matches, unlike melee. Its better than nothing. The framerate supposedly runs at 60fps, and i never noticed it dropping. It all seemed rather fluent to me. Maybe try dusting off your wii, eh complainers? Tripping also never occurred to me as an issue, except on Icy stages, but that was the gimmick. Perhaps tripping others was put in as a tactical technique to stun the opponent, since i was never able to figure it out.

Speaking of which, I have never heard of Melee's advance techniques until a few months ago, and I had the game since 2008-ish. Wave dashing looks pointless unless you're Luigi, because theress this function in the game called normal dashing, that is equally as effective and so much easier to pull off. L-canceling actually looks useful, but it was not supposed to be in the game. It is sort of like an unpatched bug, and hence, using the technique would be cheating in a sense. Plus, its about as cheap as tripping others.

Snake is not gonna be in Smash 4. Give it up, fanboys.

Same with Ridley.

And Roy from Fire Emblem.
  78. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a big fan of these games and now this game has been up the next level by making the Wii go on line and challenge your friends or just random people.

They is a least new characters on this game some take time to know what skills they do.

On the downfall I hate this game for:

On line can be slow to connect if you playing with random players in a team got to wait at least 20 minus or so before another guy comes on and then it sometimes disconnect you off then you have to start again finding players.

And you trip a lot too on this game half a time I lost in the sudden death mode because I tripped up and a bomb landed on my head and I could not move in time to avoid it or the other player killed me.

The game is detail in the characters that is on it.

The levels is awesome and some playable enough.

The songs/music is well composed and nice to listen to.

They 's is the challenges you can do for more stuff in the game that will take you a few days to do.

The game is just great, it's fast paced with extra bits like a stage builder you can now re-create the old levels in other games but it has hardly room to make a lot of things to make it annoying for you.

Overall I personally love this game too bits.
  79. Oct 7, 2014
    You must get this. If you liked Melee you will love this even more. Controls are easy to learn, lots of characters and modes, and awesome action. The story wasn't that awesome, but the game is just great. Awesome game to play if you're inviting some friends over.
  80. Oct 19, 2010
    This gam isn't only great for its gameplay, but for the amount of content packed into one disc. There are so many characters, stages, items, modes, and collectibles that its surprising the game doesn't explode. Amazingly, there is only minimal wait time. Brawl is exactly like Melee in the gameplay, but there are tons of new characters, including Pit, Diddy Kong, Pokemon Trainer, Wario,This gam isn't only great for its gameplay, but for the amount of content packed into one disc. There are so many characters, stages, items, modes, and collectibles that its surprising the game doesn't explode. Amazingly, there is only minimal wait time. Brawl is exactly like Melee in the gameplay, but there are tons of new characters, including Pit, Diddy Kong, Pokemon Trainer, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Lucas, Ike, and many more along with Sonic and Solid Snake to round it out. The game has all-new Assist trophies aka dozens more Nintendo cameos. A big difference are final smashes that are jaw-dropping crazy finishing moves and each character has their own one. The game has a story mode, but it is hard to get through the whole thing because its a repetitive sidescroller and the story itself doesn't make any sense. The game allows to adjust song selections, create stages, upgrade characters with stickers, play an interesting arcade game for trophies, play short demos for classic Nintendo games, and gamble on online matches in addition to the old-standbys like event matches, Break the Targets, and Home-Run Contest. The only thing the game does wrong is the online mode because it takes forever to load up a short battle and there are no customization options. Brawl is simply an amazing game and will have you coming back for YEARS. Get it. Expand
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    Tons of content to keep the player coming back with beautiful graphics and sound with the excellent gameplay helps this become one of the greatest games on the wii and this generation.
  82. Mar 21, 2013
    This game is the most fun I've ever had on the Wii. When my friends come over, this is usually what we play. It is so fun to play as some of your favorite characters in gaming and compete against your friends and see who's the ultimate Brawler. The gameplay is so simple and so fun, which is what I believe to be the reason so many people adore it. The many different places you can fight inThis game is the most fun I've ever had on the Wii. When my friends come over, this is usually what we play. It is so fun to play as some of your favorite characters in gaming and compete against your friends and see who's the ultimate Brawler. The gameplay is so simple and so fun, which is what I believe to be the reason so many people adore it. The many different places you can fight in have some great surprises and may give you nostalgia attacks if you love the original games. If you have a Wii, you have to have this game. You will be playing it again and again and again. Expand
  83. Feb 11, 2015
    Brawl Is a very strong Title for Super smash brothers, It added A LOT of content, Such as stage builder, Many new characters, and an adventure/story with very good cutscenes, Although I find the enemies dumb and I don't like the platforming aspect of it. Multiplayer was alright while it was still up, a bit of lag here and there. The smash ball is an awesome new addition as well. If youBrawl Is a very strong Title for Super smash brothers, It added A LOT of content, Such as stage builder, Many new characters, and an adventure/story with very good cutscenes, Although I find the enemies dumb and I don't like the platforming aspect of it. Multiplayer was alright while it was still up, a bit of lag here and there. The smash ball is an awesome new addition as well. If you don't own this game, and you have a Wii, You should take the walk of shame to a Game store and buy it already!

Once you have played this game, You will also have played Smash Bros for the Wii U. If you plan on buying the sequel, be prepared for disappointment should you go down this path.
  84. Jan 21, 2013
    Absolutely flawless game, with fun to last through the ages, of all ages. Great game. So good, that it's so good. Words cannot fathom the awesomeness.
  85. Aug 4, 2014
    How to say all that's already been said? By repeating it. SMBB is an awesome game, a great fighter with some of the most interesting characters ever put on a game where you beat the hell out of your friends. It's a great game and it's better enjoyed with some good company.
  86. Apr 23, 2011
    This game is undoubtedly one of Nintendo's, if not the the entire gaming world's, finest creations. With so much to do, so many characters, and just such an enjoyable concept, this game is the best on the Wii and a contester for best game EVER. Easily a 10 out of 10, every wii owner must have it.
  87. May 24, 2015
    Brawl was the best Smash Bros game for it's time, with one of the most impressive rosters in any game. The game features a ton of characters and maps that will keep you playing for hours on end. The soundtrack is huge and the graphics are very good for it's time. After so many years of playing Melee, Brawl was a fresh breath of air.
  88. Mar 21, 2011
    Finally. I'm doing my review of a multiplayer masterpiece! On April 26, 1999, Nintendo released Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 64, which is marked as the systems best multiplayer game, competing with GoldenEye. On December 2, 2001, Nintendo kicked off the start of the Gamecube days with the famous Super Smash Bros Melee, which put the N64 original to shame. Then, In 2008, NintendoFinally. I'm doing my review of a multiplayer masterpiece! On April 26, 1999, Nintendo released Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 64, which is marked as the systems best multiplayer game, competing with GoldenEye. On December 2, 2001, Nintendo kicked off the start of the Gamecube days with the famous Super Smash Bros Melee, which put the N64 original to shame. Then, In 2008, Nintendo released the newest addition into the franchise, which would make the other two games look like children's toys. I'm talking of course about Super Smash Bros BRAWL, for the Nintendo Wii. Nintendo took a big step with this monster, and I have yet to meet anyone who played this game and didn't love the crap out of it. Even a friend of mine who mainly only plays shooters all the time, LOVES this game. So, what's so great about this game? Everything. First off, let's talk about the most important aspect of any game, the gameplay. It works very similarly to Melee, but a few things have been added. like the Smash Ball. This item has been loved as the best add on to the game so far. During a match, sometimes a Smash Ball will appear. If you can get it before anyone else can, you can activate your characters Smash Move. Each character has a different Smash, Link does a triforce omni-slash, Kirby cooks his enemies in a pot, Mario shoots giant fire balls that cover the whole field, and Sonic transforms into Super Sonic, that's right Sonic fans they added Sonic :) Character selection is better than ever. Unfortunately, they removed a couple of favorites like Mewtwo, Young Link, and Roy to add others like Toon Link, Ike, Wolf, and (Metal Gear fans get ready) SNAKE! Luckily they kept a few characters that entered the battlefield in Melee like Peach, Marth, Bowser, Ganondorf, and Falco. But enough about that, what about multiplayer? Well of course, it wouldn't be Smash bros without multiplayer, but they made it better. Not only does it have the classic multiplayer that Melee and Smash Bros 1 had, but they also added.....(are you ready? Ready yet? Here it comes!) ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!! Every Smash Bros fans dream come true, worldwide online multiplayer. BAM! Right in the face! Don't get too excited though, because the online multiplayer may be awesome, but it has noticeable flaws. For example: as always with the Wii, connecting with friends online is a pain with the friend codes, but once you are able to connect to a friend online, it gets a lot of fun from there. Another flaw is the fact that Smash Bros Brawl is actually pretty laggy. It's not always lagging, you'll usually come across some nicely moving games, but it has more of a chance to get laggy than most other online Wii games. One really cool thing about the online is that you can watch other matches that are going on right now. You can either be in the fight, or in the audience. A nice add on I think. One other bad thing about the online is it can take a while to find players, maybe 5 minutes at the most though. The adventure mode actually goes way beyond what Melee did. Unlike the past 2 games, Brawl follows a story in Adventure mode.While the story itself could be a bit better, it's still extremely enjoyable. It runs much like a classic platformer when adventuring, and when you get in the fights, it's a lot of fun. But my favorite add on to the new game is the trophies and stickers. I know Melee had trophies, but they weren't as addicting as these ones. Brawl has alot more trophies than Melee, as well as stickers and sountracks. All this stuff is like unlocking Xbox achievments, but you're doing it on the Wii, ON SMASH BROS!! A very epic win. Just trying to unlock all the trophies and stickers and sountracks will keep you very very VERY busy. Hope you have time to spare, it will take a REALLY long time to unlock every achievement in this game. Overall, Brawl is the best Smash bros game since the N64 classic, and is very addicting when it comes to multiplayer. You and you're friends will have a ton of fun with this monster, This game is a MUST BUY for anyone who has a Wii, or for anyone who just loves good multiplayer games. Very few flaws in this game, but not enough of them to interfere with the awesomness that it Super Smash Bros. A 10/10. Expand
  89. Jun 21, 2011
    Amazing! Brawl just has so much to offer! This is a game that can be played for hours and hours and hours and hours without getting bored. The fighting, items, levels and characters all blow me away! The Super Smash Bros. series is only getting better and better. This game has a lot of content and is so addicting to play! It's story mode is also amazing and very very beautiful!
  90. Jun 10, 2012
    This came contains many of my favorite characters and some new ones that I really like playing as. With many ways to make the brawling fun, this game really delivered. But like many games this one isn't perfect. The online multiplayer is a little dull with just jumping into a battle without being able to talk or add people to a friends list. But other than that this game has everything aThis came contains many of my favorite characters and some new ones that I really like playing as. With many ways to make the brawling fun, this game really delivered. But like many games this one isn't perfect. The online multiplayer is a little dull with just jumping into a battle without being able to talk or add people to a friends list. But other than that this game has everything a long time super smash brothers player wants. Expand
  91. Nov 7, 2012
    This game's focus (like the other Super Smash Bros. games before it), is on the actual battle and survival system. This time round, it includes many more attack, specials, abilities, and even a final smash; all of which I found to really bring the game up to the next level. The story, though not perfect, was also a good distraction, and provided some co-op fun, as well as giving someThis game's focus (like the other Super Smash Bros. games before it), is on the actual battle and survival system. This time round, it includes many more attack, specials, abilities, and even a final smash; all of which I found to really bring the game up to the next level. The story, though not perfect, was also a good distraction, and provided some co-op fun, as well as giving some backstory to the characters, But, as I said, the 'brawl' is where this game shines. Expand
  92. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this game so much...it's a great game for all those Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, and Zelda lovers. With other characters in this game...it still makes a great enjoyable game for lots of groups of friends. The story is fascinating, as well as long, so you better be ready for some fights...there's plenty to enjoy. Also, a feature in story mode that I just started using...the Sticker Album. If you do this...you can level up your fighters with more powerful attacks. So...if you pick Intense mode...then you better get some powerful stickers. The Wi-Fi mode is inevitable. Simply great. There may be some lag...but come on, enjoy it.
    And, other countless modes of fun. My favorite is the My Music mode...the best of the best where you can enjoy your music. And...along the way is the Deletion option...now...I messed up real bad on this one. I actually...mistakenly thought it was going to do the same thing for the ''Delete Everything'' setting. So, I tested it out on Adventure...and you know what happened. I deleted my Adventure...so, that's a mistake you don't want to make. So far...this game is awesome...so buy it, enjoy it, and love it.
  93. Oct 16, 2014
    Best Fighting game ever!Most of the people say that they prefer Melee because it is more balanced, more combo-based, faster... guess what, guys, Super Smash Bros Brawl is THE fighting game of Nintendo!Simply A true Masterpiece!
    Game play:10/10.
    Game play:10/10.
    If you are not familiar with Super smash bros, You should remember that, in the first game, you moved with the control stick, attacked with either A or B buttons, used R for throws, and L for taunts. There are 35 characters available for you to choose, 20 of them available from the star. Each character plays in unique way, and the roster´s is incredibly balanced!
    Story mode:God bless Miyamoto! 10/10
    Solo mode 10/10:A new order and the possibility to confront Master and Crazy Hand at the same time!
    Events:10/10. I Like the events of Brawl.
    All-Star Mode: Can you beat the entire cast by yourself??? I did!
    Vs Mode:The heart of the game! 10/10
    Masterpieces and Custom Stages :10/10
    Final Score:10/10
    Could It get any better???
  94. Jul 28, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games ever, alongside "Halo 3". The singleplayer is good, but the multiplayer is EXCELLENT!!!! The graphics are impressive, and many of the characters look more realistic. I like that. My only criticism would be the Stage Builder. The stage builder could be a little better. Wait. A LOT better. But other than that, this game is very, very fun. Definitely worthThis is one of the greatest games ever, alongside "Halo 3". The singleplayer is good, but the multiplayer is EXCELLENT!!!! The graphics are impressive, and many of the characters look more realistic. I like that. My only criticism would be the Stage Builder. The stage builder could be a little better. Wait. A LOT better. But other than that, this game is very, very fun. Definitely worth playing. Buy it!! Expand
  95. Nov 30, 2011
    Why do I still use my Wii despite me having a PS3 and XBOX360? four words: Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
    Though nowadays I don't play it, It is etched onto my mind as 'epic'. It has a very connecting, lively storyline, how would Mario meet Ganondorf? How do all the villans and heroes from all of nintendo's top franchises and Solid Snake and Sonic team up? Thats the storyline called the Subspace Emissary.

I was absolutely overwhelmed to say the least, you can brawl for moths at a time without getting the least bored. Every characters move-set was uniquely designed, it feels different playing with each character. They introduce us to each characters background in cutscenes, and the level at which it assimilated me into the story made me feel like a part of the nintendo family in a matter of hours despite being a total stranger before.

What really made me feel strong is that every character put aside their differences to face that one enemy who could destroy the universe otherwise. If there's one thing I've learned: "United we stand, Divided we fall.'

A must buy for anyone who loves any kind of fighting and who seeks ways to pass time, Oh did i forget to mention that it had an awesome multiplayer? Despite so many entries since 2008, a very few have managed to match-up/ surpass SSBB!! Thanks Nintendo, for this overwhelming treat!
  96. Apr 10, 2014
    The greatest game of the entire generation. So much love and attention to detail went into making this masterpiece, sakurai has truly out did himself.

The content in this game is absolutely unbelievable.
  97. Jul 5, 2017
    Super Smash Bros Brawl, es esa tercera entrega que no daña la franquicia, a diferencia de las películas como ha pasado con spiderman, xmen e incluso star wars, brawl te ofrece la mejor experiencia smash bros hasta la fecha incluso supera las entregas de 3DS y Wii U, que aunque ofrecen nuevos personajes y escenarios, las mecánicas no presentan gran mejora con respecto al anterior, esteSuper Smash Bros Brawl, es esa tercera entrega que no daña la franquicia, a diferencia de las películas como ha pasado con spiderman, xmen e incluso star wars, brawl te ofrece la mejor experiencia smash bros hasta la fecha incluso supera las entregas de 3DS y Wii U, que aunque ofrecen nuevos personajes y escenarios, las mecánicas no presentan gran mejora con respecto al anterior, este juego es una obra maestra entre los juegos de peleas de plataformas, esta a la altura de los grandes títulos del genero, y esta tan pulido que no puedes aburrirte de jugarlo nunca, te ofrece una experiencia en solitario única en su clase, con un modo historia que te envuelve hasta el final, una gran variedad de personajes a elegir, opciones de personalización de combates en los que tu pones las reglas del juego, y la experiencia multiplayer enriquece mas todo lo que este smash tiene para darte, ya sea local o jugando online, es una experiencia única en su clase, sin embargo fallos de conexión online y no aprovechar las características de control de movimiento de wii le resta puntos para calificarlo como un juego perfecto, pero aun así es uno de los juegos top que tiene la wii y es una de las franquicias vende consolas que tiene nintendo para hacerse lugar en el mercado. Expand
  98. Jan 14, 2015
    The best game in the series, a huge roster, great multiplayer, plenty of replay value and the most fun multiplayer of the series, not to mention a great story mode.
  99. May 12, 2011
    We All know Brawl is the Best in the Series sure it may have terrible loading times and Horrible online mode but still doesn't change the fact it was fun!

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Nintendo Power
    Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.