Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii

8.9

Mar 1, 2008
    Brawl is undoubtedly the best game in the history of the gaming world. There is nothing that will top this game for a long, long while in my opinion.
  2. Mr.Jackson
    Mar 10, 2008
    Nobody does it like Nintendo, and no one saw it coming! With 'Brawl', the Big N flexes its Wiis muscles and pushes it to limits not yet seen. It also shows Sony and Microsoft that its system can run with their next gen systems. From the amazing graphics and soundtrack, to its user friendliness and blazing multiplaya play, it does for the Wii what 'Goldeneye' did for Nobody does it like Nintendo, and no one saw it coming! With 'Brawl', the Big N flexes its Wiis muscles and pushes it to limits not yet seen. It also shows Sony and Microsoft that its system can run with their next gen systems. From the amazing graphics and soundtrack, to its user friendliness and blazing multiplaya play, it does for the Wii what 'Goldeneye' did for N64. Simply put, its the ULTIMATE party game. Expand
  3. JesseS.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Great game :) As a multiplayer game it works nearly flawlessly (both online and with live people). Not much to gripe about unless you were expecting the Wiimote motion sensing to be used for controlling the game. I've had one slow down while playing online, but even while running slow it wasn't unplayable, just a bit annoying. It actually played a great deal like someone had Great game :) As a multiplayer game it works nearly flawlessly (both online and with live people). Not much to gripe about unless you were expecting the Wiimote motion sensing to be used for controlling the game. I've had one slow down while playing online, but even while running slow it wasn't unplayable, just a bit annoying. It actually played a great deal like someone had used the "clock" item (or whatever the thing is that slows down everyone but the person that uses it), except that all players were moving slow. But, out of 30+ games online, only one has had any problems, and it was only for about 15 seconds out of a 2 minute match. Also, the Adventure mode is actually fun and longer than I expected (my daughter and I have played for about 10 hours and are about 50% done on the easy setting). Expand
  4. JonnyK.
    Mar 7, 2008
    You really couldn't ask for much more from Nintendo, except maybe more third party characters or voice chat. other than those two flaws, the game is perfect. I've played the Japanese version and it blew my mind away.
  5. mikew
    Jan 5, 2008
    the game super smash bros. brawl is almost a perfect 10 out of 10. This game has multiplayer, which most Wii games don't ,also it has online. I t has everything inside, multi player, online , mario, "fatality" (super smash ball), trophies (achievements), story mode, battle mode, and a million others, it has many features and add on too, and most important part is, it's frickinthe game super smash bros. brawl is almost a perfect 10 out of 10. This game has multiplayer, which most Wii games don't ,also it has online. I t has everything inside, multi player, online , mario, "fatality" (super smash ball), trophies (achievements), story mode, battle mode, and a million others, it has many features and add on too, and most important part is, it's frickin FUN. I recomend buying it the first day it comes out (feb. 10. 2008) Expand
  6. AdamB.
    Feb 27, 2008
    New characters, new stages, new moves, Smash Bros. has just gotten a whole lot better!
  7. JonH.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Nintendo did good, they made a MUCH better single player and the only reason why someone wouldn't like it is because they don't have any friends but now you don't need to, theres wifi play.
  8. DennisG.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Multiplayer games don't get better than this.
  9. SamK.
    Mar 10, 2008
    This game is excellent. It took everything great about Smash Bros, and made it better. I give this game a 9.9/10 because of the lack of using the d-pad on the classic controller even if you change the control scheme, but everything else tottally makes up for it. My final thoughts. Buy this game. It is so worth the 57 bucks
  10. RoryF.
    Mar 19, 2008
    To Presen T, to say this is just a recycled melee shows that you havent even played this game, the amount of extra content in this game is huge. Not like Halo3 which is essentially "enhanced hill physics" and better graphics. Simply put, this is the game of Nintendo fans' dreams and a solid fighter in its own right.
  11. JohnS.
    Mar 10, 2008
    It is nothing but an improvement, though not groundbreaking changes, there are no faults, only issue was the concept of "you and a friend teamed up online" meant you had to have a friend with another Wii who's 12 digit friend code you must have to do so, not your friend on your couch.
  12. MichaelH.
    Mar 28, 2008
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl is completely different from Melee. All the people that complain about this game obviously are taking this game too seriously or too loosely. This game will keep you playing for years and years, what with the many modes, stages, and online. Heck, I'm only halfway through with the game right now! Ican't keep my hands( or my friends hands) off of Brawl! Super Smash Bros. Brawl is completely different from Melee. All the people that complain about this game obviously are taking this game too seriously or too loosely. This game will keep you playing for years and years, what with the many modes, stages, and online. Heck, I'm only halfway through with the game right now! Ican't keep my hands( or my friends hands) off of Brawl! It's just the great. So if you're reading this, ignore all the crap other idiots have been saying and just buy this game, it'll be worth your while. If you don't understand the game, go ask someone to explain or just don't buy the game and whine about it later. It's a fun fighting game, better than street fighter and soul caliber, imho, so try it out and people...(who gave the horrible reviews), go get a life and try to actually REVIEW the game for what it's worth. Much more than half of the people here agree that this is a good game, so I'm pretty sure Brawl is not a bad game, it is indeed near perfection. Expand
  13. WesleyA.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Wonderful game, the best game ever so far. If you thought Galaxy was good, this is even better!
  14. DanielY.
    Mar 8, 2008
    The multiplayer is as good as it gets with such in depth customiztion, to the character roster and arenas. With various game modes like events, classic mode, subspace emissary, etc it will occupy have endless replay value. Online, trophies and stickers plus much more this is a must buy for Wii owners.
  15. RajendraG.
    Mar 9, 2008
    THe best fan service ever. The music brought me way back to the dawn of gaming. Subspace emissary if filled with a ton of enjoyable cut scenes, and the trophy and sticker collection mini games will last me years to come. All this tacked on top of frantic and deep fighting game with online multi player. My only regrets are the fact the the waggle capabilities of the Wiimote were not used THe best fan service ever. The music brought me way back to the dawn of gaming. Subspace emissary if filled with a ton of enjoyable cut scenes, and the trophy and sticker collection mini games will last me years to come. All this tacked on top of frantic and deep fighting game with online multi player. My only regrets are the fact the the waggle capabilities of the Wiimote were not used at all, and the awful friend code system that makes the online so anonymous, you might as well be battling the CPU. Expand
  16. TheRyan
    Mar 9, 2008
    The game offers crazy amount of action and it never lets up. Great playing solo or multiplayer. A must buy for Wii owners.
  17. CaseyM.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Very fun, but disappointing that you can't play more than one player on wifi.
  18. MikeK.
    Apr 25, 2008
    absolutely fantastic. Everything a gamer could want piled into a super-mash up fighting game.
  19. DanteR.
    Apr 25, 2008
    Far more balanced than melee and I love playing online with my friends. Great game.
  20. JohnJ.
    Apr 3, 2008
    This game is simply amazing. A real masterpiece!
  21. JohnF.
    Apr 3, 2008
    I love this game, all my family is super into it! I also love how giantbomb gave it the lowest score to maybe get more hits in there page.
  22. DarwinZ.
    Apr 4, 2008
    This is my FAVORITE game by far! it is so fun, and packs a great kick! i love it! and i'm so glad i got it! BEST EVER!
  23. CalebH.
    Apr 9, 2008
    Best game for the Wii yet and best installment in the SSB series. Chock full of Nintendo nostalgia and awesome multiplayer action. Years of enjoyment!
  24. TSwan
    May 1, 2008
    Deep as a fighter, Nintendo history class, and multiplayer game. No fight is EVER the same. Millions of collectables, online matches, definitely 100%.
  25. FabianH.
    May 3, 2008
    The people who rated it low are probably just jealous becous they couldnt get it becous its sold out. And yeah its true its almost the same but with new characters songs options and features. But if they change the gameplay too much it wouldnt be smash bros. anymore, it would just be another fighting game. Jay I know its not true that you have just as much fun with the original smash The people who rated it low are probably just jealous becous they couldnt get it becous its sold out. And yeah its true its almost the same but with new characters songs options and features. But if they change the gameplay too much it wouldnt be smash bros. anymore, it would just be another fighting game. Jay I know its not true that you have just as much fun with the original smash bros. becous it almost got no characters and much features of brawl are not in it like the stage builder. And the gameplay of brawl is faster than the other smash bros games. Expand
  26. JustinS
    May 4, 2008
    WHAT ARE SOME OF YOU PEOPLE THINKING!!!!! This is one of the greatest games out on the market. If you don't like how they are not changing anything, then go play something else. I wouldn't change anything ether if the first two where complete hits, what's the point? I say keep up the good work.
  27. NohC.
    Jun 30, 2008
    Great game, i have all 3 ssb and melee looks like a demo compared to brawl. I can play 3 hours a day. Also wifi battles are rely cool. this is not a waste of money. I give my word to all parents, its a great game your kid will live. Not a waste. 10 out of 10.
  28. SkylerO.
    Aug 15, 2008
    Excellent game. It's lack of hitstun and it's slower speed make combos non-existent. Fun for parties, but not as tournament viable as it's predecessor.
  29. AlanL.
    Aug 4, 2008
    Oh my gosh, this game is awesome! Is the best game on Wii in my opinion. Is glory to have Sonic and Snake among the team.
  30. ChristofferL.
    Jan 4, 2009
    WARNING, COMMENT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!! I love the game, but the game is not perfect. The one problem is the stage builder. I was suspecting a advanced stage building, but instead it was reminding me of level building on a game boy color, having the same music looping over and over and I loose imagination about how the level should be constructed. What I want is being able to make stages WARNING, COMMENT MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!! I love the game, but the game is not perfect. The one problem is the stage builder. I was suspecting a advanced stage building, but instead it was reminding me of level building on a game boy color, having the same music looping over and over and I loose imagination about how the level should be constructed. What I want is being able to make stages similar to other pretty made stages like Brinstar, Yoshi's Island (both normal and melee), Summit, New Pork City and others by manipulating brushes, making triggers around the map and could make 3d animating backgrounds and you'll feel special when your project is done and the stage is impressive. Otherwise the stage builder the game is very replayable. I seriously love the tweaks of the characters and thier attacks. The adventure mode is okay but when you've done 50% of the game you think you're at 90% because you're in the socalled "Subspace Emissary". Graphics are brilliant and the animation is perfect, the lenght of enjoying the game is very long, but stage builder is bit of a joke, mostly because I love building stages as long you have the right tools to build a stage. I would give this game 94/100 if users had the ability to rate games between 0-100. Expand

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Nintendo Power
    Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.