8.9

1. Sep 20, 2010
    Fun as hell. If you loved Melee, you will adore this game. For some it might feel like a massive expansion pack but you just can't miss this. Completely balanced characters, easy to pick up controls and countless goodies and entertainment at its disposal. Get it.
  2. Apr 6, 2012
    If you have a Wii then you need to get this, it's easily one of, if not the best game on the system, it packs countless hours of gameplay do the extremely large amount of content, and it filled with tons of references to Nintendo's past, it's easy to pick up and play, and fun to play with family and friends, honestly I see no reason not to get this if you have a Wii, sure I've got a fewIf you have a Wii then you need to get this, it's easily one of, if not the best game on the system, it packs countless hours of gameplay do the extremely large amount of content, and it filled with tons of references to Nintendo's past, it's easy to pick up and play, and fun to play with family and friends, honestly I see no reason not to get this if you have a Wii, sure I've got a few minor issues and complaints with it, but when you think of the overall package and how it can literally keep you entertained for hundreds of hours all those flaws just seem to practically disappear, this is truly a must play title for any and all gamers, and stands out among all the other great Wii games as one of the best, it's an outstanding game. Expand
  3. Jul 14, 2011
    Because the Wii doesn't have too many hardcore games doesn't mean is death. Smash Bros put in shame the other companies console , and always will. Exaggerated combos and attacks are a joy too watch. The addition of cameos like Sonic and Snake aren't big bomb's but make good shape to the warriors.
  4. Aug 25, 2011
    Story mode is not that awesome, but its cool that they tried to make a story and all. Me and my friends got hooked on this game at college and had tons of fun. The multiplayer is the only thing worth spending hours upon hours playing.
  5. Jun 16, 2012
    This is probably one of the best fighting games ever made and it improved a lot from the previous game in the series. With lots of new characters, new "abilities" and a new and very improved Adventure mode it certainly adds much new and interesting stuff to the game without changing the basic gameplay of cause. But what really makes this game so great is of cause the Brawl Mode and withThis is probably one of the best fighting games ever made and it improved a lot from the previous game in the series. With lots of new characters, new "abilities" and a new and very improved Adventure mode it certainly adds much new and interesting stuff to the game without changing the basic gameplay of cause. But what really makes this game so great is of cause the Brawl Mode and with all the characters and maps in this game it is certain that to matches of Brawl Mode will never be the same. They also added a new super attack for each character which really adds some excitement to the game and should you ever get bored with Brawl Mode you can also play Special Brawl which have been improved a lot since the last game. Even though this game is 4 years old it is still the game that i play the most on my wii and also one of my favorite games of all time. If it hadn't been for the poor online system and balance this would definetly be a 10/10, but it's still a fantastic game so i'm gonna give it 9/10. Expand
  6. Aug 29, 2010
    This is single-handedly the best party game in existence. Forget Guitar Hero or Rock Band, forget Mario Party or Mario Kart, forget DDR. This game has the power to intoxicate anyone that plays. Friends of mine that don't even own a video game system pick up the Wii remote and get hooked on this game and we play for hours on end. The characters are unparalleled. Nintendo has and always willThis is single-handedly the best party game in existence. Forget Guitar Hero or Rock Band, forget Mario Party or Mario Kart, forget DDR. This game has the power to intoxicate anyone that plays. Friends of mine that don't even own a video game system pick up the Wii remote and get hooked on this game and we play for hours on end. The characters are unparalleled. Nintendo has and always will have the best characters to work with. The music is so much fun to listen to while playing. Every song will get stuck in your head or take you back to the glory days of gaming. The fighting mechanic, albeit simple, is perfect. It requires skill, but at the same time is approachable and condescends the normal frustrating and confusing properties of trying to pull of combos and special moves associated with other fighting games (ie. Street Fighter, Blazblue.) I just think this is great game that anyone can pick up have fun. There are plenty of modes to keep you busy in between visits from your buddies that want to play with you. Plus the nostalgia associated with the game, is worth marveling at, with classic characters, stages, music and all kinds of other things. By far the BEST game for the Wii. Collapse
  7. Oct 27, 2011
    I think this is the Best Wii game. I have played this the most and think this a great game to play with friends. It always plays different and is enjoyable almost every time. I would advise it to anyone that likes wii or likes fighting games. I love the game and hope to play it many more times.
  8. Feb 16, 2012
    one of the best fighting games ever it has all of the classic nintendo characters that we know and love the story mode isnt the best but its probably the best fighting game story ive ever played they have all the chalenge modes from the old game and new characters such as wario pit etc. the only problem with this game is the online matchmaking the only fights you can have are the standardone of the best fighting games ever it has all of the classic nintendo characters that we know and love the story mode isnt the best but its probably the best fighting game story ive ever played they have all the chalenge modes from the old game and new characters such as wario pit etc. the only problem with this game is the online matchmaking the only fights you can have are the standard 2:00 mintune fights other then that its amazing Expand
  9. Feb 8, 2014
    One of the best game Nintendo ever made. While Melee was awesome, Brawl gives even more content to enjoy. I think it's one of the game i played the most in my whole life, especially with my brother ! Lots of fun is to expect, even without multiplayer. Can't wait for the next Smash bros !
  10. Oct 20, 2013
    As a follow up to melee Brawl has expanded the super smash bros series .More songs more stages more characters more items Brawl improves on everything that melee did great one .more game modes Most of the single player modes of melee are now co-op multiplayer on brawl The graphics are impressive The only flaw is the online it lags and it sucks This is one of the best FIGHTING gamesAs a follow up to melee Brawl has expanded the super smash bros series .More songs more stages more characters more items Brawl improves on everything that melee did great one .more game modes Most of the single player modes of melee are now co-op multiplayer on brawl The graphics are impressive The only flaw is the online it lags and it sucks This is one of the best FIGHTING games in history Expand
  11. Dec 11, 2013
    I've had this game since it was first released, and I love it to death.

With fun gameplay, great graphics, and so many awards and challenges I haven't gotten them all in the 6 years I've had the game, it is the pinnacle of the Super Smash Bros. series. Brawl also has a fun story mode, which allows you to play through the Super Smash universe and save the world from Subspace. It also
    I've had this game since it was first released, and I love it to death.

It also has tons of unlockable challenges and minigame-like quests, which have kept me busy and immersed. I love this game.
  12. Nov 11, 2013
    THE GOOD: This is a fighting game that simply gets everything right. The cast of characters are all fun to play as (except for olimar, who is kinda weak). The characters are all diverse and unique. That goes for even some of the characters who were clones in Super Smash Bros. Melee. The total this time is 35 and they added in some great new characters. Ike from Fire Emblem, Lucario fromTHE GOOD: This is a fighting game that simply gets everything right. The cast of characters are all fun to play as (except for olimar, who is kinda weak). The characters are all diverse and unique. That goes for even some of the characters who were clones in Super Smash Bros. Melee. The total this time is 35 and they added in some great new characters. Ike from Fire Emblem, Lucario from Pokemon, Toon Link from The Legend of Zelda, Pit from Kid Icarus, and many more. They even added in Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake. It was a genius idea to add them in because 3rd party characters can create endless possibilities for the series. Visually, the game is beautiful. Many characters take on a more realistic look than they did in Melee. Stages are better than ever, and theres over 40 of them this time around! There is even a stage builder now, which allows you to get creative with your own battlefields.The new story mode, The Subspace Emissary, is a blast to play as well. There is the classic single player mode and 2-player vs modes, but also the special brawl which is more fun than ever. You can customize vs. matches further than ever. I mean, who doesn't want to play in crazy matches like "Super giant invisible whatever" fights? There are endless amounts of things to collect in the game, from stickers to trophies to cds. Decades of gaming history is in this title. The soundtrack is huge and fantastic! They even added in fighting online, which can be pretty fun too! The best thing about this game however, is that on top of its amazingly varied fighting gameplay, there is an insane amount of content in the whole package. The replay value is infinite. And its a game that can be fun both alone and with friends.

THE BAD: The online can be a little laggy at times. Some great characters from Melee unfortunately didn't make it into brawl. They are Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Roy.

Perhaps the best fighting game ever. MUST OWN! BUY IT!
  13. Nov 6, 2013
    This is easily the best fighting game of all time. With many characters and stages, and with a stage builder, the game rules! What more can you ask for?
  14. Dec 27, 2013
    Brawl is the best brawler i have ever played.All of the game are really amazing and it´s have a story mode.The story mode was really exited and real great.The characters of it are just awesome.It has the Nintendo Allstars,new guys,how Pit and Sonic and F***ing Solid Snake.Thats just awesome.Who comes of a so great idea? Whatever,the tracks in this game are realy good and theBrawl is the best brawler i have ever played.All of the game are really amazing and it´s have a story mode.The story mode was really exited and real great.The characters of it are just awesome.It has the Nintendo Allstars,new guys,how Pit and Sonic and F***ing Solid Snake.Thats just awesome.Who comes of a so great idea? Whatever,the tracks in this game are realy good and the stages,too.Nothing more to say. Expand
  15. Jan 8, 2014
    Hands down one of the best fighters of this generation. This game has so much to offer that you will be playing this game for nearly years (like me). The roster is great, the fighting is very easy to get into and its just so fun and addicting with your friends that you will be playing this game for hours that you won't know passed. The story mode is pretty good (again especially withHands down one of the best fighters of this generation. This game has so much to offer that you will be playing this game for nearly years (like me). The roster is great, the fighting is very easy to get into and its just so fun and addicting with your friends that you will be playing this game for hours that you won't know passed. The story mode is pretty good (again especially with friends) and the soundtrack is just a hall down nostalgia lane. The online mode is the only issue i have, but i don't play online almost at all, so it does not bother me that much. This game for me is borderline perfect. Expand
  16. Jun 30, 2014
    The definitive Smash Bros so far (I'm expecting the Wii U version to top it though). Tons of characters, stages, items, and general madness make this an absolute riot in multiplayer and the single player is the best of any Smash Bros game yet too in my opinion. Only complaints for me are the character balance problems and some of the final smashes being far more useful than others. OtherThe definitive Smash Bros so far (I'm expecting the Wii U version to top it though). Tons of characters, stages, items, and general madness make this an absolute riot in multiplayer and the single player is the best of any Smash Bros game yet too in my opinion. Only complaints for me are the character balance problems and some of the final smashes being far more useful than others. Other than that this thing rocks and is one of the best local multiplayer games ever, not least because of the lack of need for split screens. Expand
  17. Jul 9, 2014
    Can't help but hate the new Pokémon appearing here; generational shift, I guess. I hear my poor Jigglypuff was severely weakened. I'll see for myself, if I ever get to unlock the darn thing. There was nothing more satisfying than having other players running for their lives in Melee whenever Jigglypuff started to float their way. They'd run, but never get far. She's just such a tantalizingCan't help but hate the new Pokémon appearing here; generational shift, I guess. I hear my poor Jigglypuff was severely weakened. I'll see for myself, if I ever get to unlock the darn thing. There was nothing more satisfying than having other players running for their lives in Melee whenever Jigglypuff started to float their way. They'd run, but never get far. She's just such a tantalizing target. "I can get in one little hit, can't I? Finally teach that jerk to chase me with Jigglypuff..." Float-dodge, parry, pound, jump, Air Rest! See you in Hell, Pikachu.

Fights and fun:
    After you turn off the stupider items, brawl is amazing. I crank my handicap way up and my 3-year-old can play with me (meaning, I fight the wife or a CPU character, and the little one goes to town with Yoshi, putting everyone in eggs, flailing about at random, and giggling maniacally).

Side note:
    Dear Nintendo: Having your Nintendog jump up on the screen while I'm fighting isn't cute, it's annoying. It makes me want to build a robot puppy-body so that I can upload the puppy AI and beat it with a rolled-up newspaper. Bad puppy!. Where was I? Oh, right. Fun! Fun! Fun! Most of the bad stuff has an option to turn it off. Refreshing!

Levels:
    The levels feel smaller than in previous games, and I it's a pity that more old stages weren't brought forward into this iteration.I haven't engaged in level-building, but I expect it will help somewhat in remedying this, though the levels obviously won't have the soul and quirky events that mix things up in official levels.

Characters:
    The characters are still stellar, adding more to the roster, but cutting a few in the process. I don't see why everyone couldn't have come to the party... Most of your old favourites are back, and everyone looks slick. Some, you'll like, and some, you'll hate. Everyone will find three or four favourites and use those to build a reputation among friends and family.

Under-the-hood tinkering:
    I understand that some of what were termed "balance issues" (otherwise known in loftier circles as "Captain Falcon wins") have been corrected, and I'll grant that handling is a bit different from Melee, but overall, everything still feels about right. Some go on about the removal of the exploitable glitch that allowed a technique known as "wave-dashing", but I think this is good. Wave-dashing is dumb, and the fact that tournaments devolved into obsessive-compulsive mastering of this technique makes me glad I had nothing to do with that nonsense. It makes the game look and sound terrible when you're playing. What's wrong with you? Just go fight that little boy and those weird monsters like God intended; with fireballs and bad fashion sense.

Story mode:
    Dumb, as always. It's just there to unlock characters anyhow, right?

This is a phenomenal game. Get it. If the next one is a worthy successor, get that too. Not sure about the 3DS one. This is, at its core, a communal game; beyond just being social. Handheld gaming doesn't have the right atmosphere for that.
  18. Jul 23, 2014
    This game is fantastic. The story mode is fun, and has a great way of introducing new characters. There's all kinds of fantastic things to do and change on here, and it's the best fighting game I've played. In fact, I think this is my favorite game of all time. This game is truly amazing.

If you don't have this game, I HIGHLY recommend getting it as soon as you can. You'll be glad you did. It never gets boring, and you'll love it.
  19. Sep 22, 2014
    Since when has it been cool to hate on Smash Bros? Never. And it never will be. Still one of the most wildly fun games to play with friends over or even by yourself.
  20. Aug 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Brilliant love playing this game with my brother, and I love the single player mode and the final boss with master hand, my favourite game of all time. Expand
  21. Sep 16, 2014
    super smash bros brawl is the best game on the wii. with stunning animation,great game play and better replay value than almost any game.It is one of the most fun addictive games in recent memory
  22. Sep 10, 2014
    This game is awesome. Fans of the series will enjoy this game. Although the competitive fans of the series will be negative about Brawl, this game is really good. This might be the best fighting game of all time. You can play as tons of Nintendo characters, and beat the living crap out of everyone. The character roster is amazing. Brawl also introduces an adventure mode, where you fightThis game is awesome. Fans of the series will enjoy this game. Although the competitive fans of the series will be negative about Brawl, this game is really good. This might be the best fighting game of all time. You can play as tons of Nintendo characters, and beat the living crap out of everyone. The character roster is amazing. Brawl also introduces an adventure mode, where you fight against Tabuu and subspace. It is really fun to see all your favorite Nintendo characters work together to fight evil. You will never get bored of this game. This also introduces new items including assist trophies and final smashes. I personally don't like items on, but if you really want to add chaos to your game, then go ahead. Assist trophies are even more nintendo characters joining in for a little bit to help you fight. Final smashes are great finishing moves. There are also stickers, which you can collect and use in adventure mode. There are more trophies, stages, and pokemon added. Overall, this game is worth getting. If I were you, get the game as soon as possible. I'm serious. Its that good. Expand
  23. Jul 22, 2013
    the best wii game out there and a great extension of the super smash bros series. The campaign mode is fun, each character is unique and well thought out. It would easily get a ten if it: A. wasn't so floaty B. didnt have tripping
  24. Jul 18, 2013
    The best game of the saga. The best fighting game of Wii. Complete, huge, funny, fast, really enjoyable with friends... The story mode could be a game apart (a great game, by the way), but all together is a huge mix of different ways of having fun. A big amount of maps, characters, trophies... The only point why I don´t give it a 10 is that several challenges have a completelyThe best game of the saga. The best fighting game of Wii. Complete, huge, funny, fast, really enjoyable with friends... The story mode could be a game apart (a great game, by the way), but all together is a huge mix of different ways of having fun. A big amount of maps, characters, trophies... The only point why I don´t give it a 10 is that several challenges have a completely disproportionate difficulty, in a way that you think that a human being is completely unable to complete the game, but you don´t need them to see the credits of the game, just to complete the whole thing. Expand
  25. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is worth getting for $20 or more. It's not my most favorite, as I think games that support just knocking the stuffing out of each other can get more creative and less violent over time, but I love how Brawl is popular among so many people. I loved playing the story mode which took quite some time and effort on the part of both me and a friend. The story mode is compelling, evenThis game is worth getting for $20 or more. It's not my most favorite, as I think games that support just knocking the stuffing out of each other can get more creative and less violent over time, but I love how Brawl is popular among so many people. I loved playing the story mode which took quite some time and effort on the part of both me and a friend. The story mode is compelling, even though words are not spoken, and the plot lines don't quite make full sense. The music has catchy tunes that have been part of video game history for a long time, so I cannot argue with the quality. This was a great game I was able to play with another adult friend of mine. However, we only felt compelled to play this game only as part of the story mode, not really against each other. Having such deep levels of difficulty make this game stand out more, but I wish there could be more quests and things going on, instead of jacking up the difficulty levels of completing certain tasks, and generally just encouraging beating the stuffing out of each other the best. Graphics are great. Definitely a good game you can play with others. Expand
  26. Jul 20, 2013
    Masterpiece of a game. The Smash Bros. formula is almost perfected as it is, but Brawl improves the formula even more. The game has aged extremely well graphically, especially for being on the Wii. Characters and stages are better than ever. Subspace Emissary mode could be better, but it wasn't bad by any means. The game has a massive load of collectibles. I still unlock new songs,Masterpiece of a game. The Smash Bros. formula is almost perfected as it is, but Brawl improves the formula even more. The game has aged extremely well graphically, especially for being on the Wii. Characters and stages are better than ever. Subspace Emissary mode could be better, but it wasn't bad by any means. The game has a massive load of collectibles. I still unlock new songs, trophies, and stickers even after five years of playing. Like the other games in the series, Brawl is extremely intuitive, making it the most vaudeville fighting game out there. This game is practically timeless and deserved all the hype it received. This is by and large the best Wii game ever. Expand
  27. Aug 21, 2014
    With enhance fighting style and classic characters in the game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl instantly returns a better stages,music, items, modes, and new characters in this game. With all controllers easy to play with all up to four players exactly, there is no where to play but only to party in brawl. With perfect fun stages to play from Mario to Sonic, the possibilities are endless, alsoWith enhance fighting style and classic characters in the game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl instantly returns a better stages,music, items, modes, and new characters in this game. With all controllers easy to play with all up to four players exactly, there is no where to play but only to party in brawl. With perfect fun stages to play from Mario to Sonic, the possibilities are endless, also with creating our own stages with each set of parts and choosing our favorite song from normal stages. And what's better with old songs from the franchise is that there is news songs and returning songs and also melee stages. With new modes such as classic mode, event matches mode, all star mode, stadium modes, story mode, and training mode. And with multiplayer online, the fun kepts getting better and more better. there is one thing I have say is that the loading in the game keeps taking too long during to prepare for a fight or classic mode, which i was ticked of about it. But anyways this game is truly the best fighting game ever made by nintendo of all times. Expand
  28. May 26, 2014
    This game is great to hack! Just download Project M! But anyways, yes this game is good, but i really hate how casual this is. Anyways, just about everything in this game is great EXCEPT if your fighting against 3 CPUs, no matter if you have teams or not they will GANG RAPE YOU! As in, they will rather DIE, than to have you LIVE. Try it for yourself: play as peach and go to one side of newThis game is great to hack! Just download Project M! But anyways, yes this game is good, but i really hate how casual this is. Anyways, just about everything in this game is great EXCEPT if your fighting against 3 CPUs, no matter if you have teams or not they will GANG RAPE YOU! As in, they will rather DIE, than to have you LIVE. Try it for yourself: play as peach and go to one side of new pork city & float on one side, you will see all of the CPUs ignore each other, and want you DEAD. So screw the CPUs, just play this game with friends, and everything will be well. Expand
  29. Dec 12, 2013
    Mario games just never fail! I have all SSB games from Nintendo 64, GameCube and the Wii. This game is fantastic, the graphics are more realistic, there are ton of characters to choose from too! The reason why I gave this a 9 and not a 10 is because of the maps arnt that great other than than it just a Better version of melee and I love you can use the GameCube controller
  30. Dec 14, 2013
    This game is by far the best game I have ever played. I started playing this game around 2010 and I have been playing it ever since. I loved Super Smash Bros. Melee. And hearing about this game made me so happy. Once you get this game, like I usually say when I review games, it will be extremely hard to put this game down. (Super Smash Bros. 4 is coming out in 2014!)
  31. Aug 29, 2010

1. Brawl is easily the most fun I’ve had on a Wii, and could be the most fun I’ve had with a game in ages. It’s just that good. There is just so much to do, and so many different and refreshing things added that it would be a crime not to at least take a look.
  2. Rarely has any title delivered so much amazing action, such a wide variety of modes, and so many hours of value. It doesn't get any better than this. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. It’s obvious that developer Game Arts have put a painstaking amount of effort into creating this game and every time we play it we’re discovering new Nintendo references which bring back a rush of nostalgia. Brawl’s chaotic multiplayer sessions are some of the best to be had on the system, plus there are plenty of challenges and modes to amuse those ‘friend-impaired’ individuals out there as well. It’s a no-brainer, every serious Nintendo fan out there should score themselves a copy of this game, invite some friends/victims around, and have a smashing good time.