• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Feb 5, 2009
8.0

1. Jul 19, 2011
    A solid addition to one of the best series in gaming. My only serious qualm with this game is that certain motions with the Wiimote do not register well (thrusting specifically) during kills. Adjusting the sensitivity up and exaggerating your Wiimote motions helps, but even then a perfect kill gets ruined sometimes. Lesser qualms would be the linear level design, occasionally very longA solid addition to one of the best series in gaming. My only serious qualm with this game is that certain motions with the Wiimote do not register well (thrusting specifically) during kills. Adjusting the sensitivity up and exaggerating your Wiimote motions helps, but even then a perfect kill gets ruined sometimes. Lesser qualms would be the linear level design, occasionally very long "where are you" breaks, and the bogus though completely avoidable (for the true ninja) combat system. Expand
  2. May 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wow just wow the best tenchu games of all time is so real everything! like a true ninjas and old Japanese world...
    pros:music,story,gameplay,voice actors,
    cons:-

Rikimaru was the best and Onikage and the ending was pefect! I don't know if there will be next sequel I want to see ayame die or rikimaru with onikage... that would be a perfect closure of rikimaru tale.Or live both of them I just DONT want to see tenchu game going to dribbler and loveish,Naruto ugly things.

1. The simple Remote application – flicks to activate instant takedowns – is one of many wise steps taken away from the convoluted mechanics weighing down other current-gen entries. [Mar 2009, p.93]
  2. It takes several hours of frustrating play to get to the more enjoyable sections of the game. [Mar 2009, p.116]
  3. Here's hoping a few things can be cleaned up for a second iteration on the Wii, and I'd definitely suggest that curious fans give Shadow Assassins a try.