7.9

1. Nov 24, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of the greatest games i have ever played. The near perfect pacing of when you are just starting to get bored of something you change directions and start doing something else. the controls are near perfection. i am sorry gamespot but i dont know what you were playing but i have had nothing but pure enjoyment from the controls. i have played everyThe Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is one of the greatest games i have ever played. The near perfect pacing of when you are just starting to get bored of something you change directions and start doing something else. the controls are near perfection. i am sorry gamespot but i dont know what you were playing but i have had nothing but pure enjoyment from the controls. i have played every zelda from a link to the past up and this i will with no problem say tops ocarina of time in my book as best in the franchise. This is the perfect gift from nintendo for zeldas 25th aniversery if you have a wii get this game and if you you dont im sorry because you are missing out on a great game Expand
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    My favorite Zelda game has been The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for as long as the game has been out. I tried playing Twilight Princess several time but just couldn't get into it. I bought Skyward Sword yesterday and I am pretty deep into the game. I think I may have a new favorite.... The atmosphere and the controls are my favorite parts of the game. The controls are almost perfect soMy favorite Zelda game has been The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for as long as the game has been out. I tried playing Twilight Princess several time but just couldn't get into it. I bought Skyward Sword yesterday and I am pretty deep into the game. I think I may have a new favorite.... The atmosphere and the controls are my favorite parts of the game. The controls are almost perfect so far. I've had zero issues with registering jabs or swings and have only needed to recenter the cursor a couple of times while looking at the map. I'm guessing that the people that are having issues aren't use to the motion controls, have a broken controller, or haven't played the game. It looks like all of the COD trolls are trying to avenge their user metascore. Expand
  3. Nov 21, 2011
    People who say this is "dumb" or "boring" don't know how to play video games then. It's not the same. It's everything we love about Zelda, but in a different way. Half of you probably say that, then give Call of Duty or some sports game a 10/10. Stupid hypocrites.
    Pros: This game is amazing. It's well worth the 10/10 and is way more fun to play than Skyrim or Battlefield 3. I haven't touched either since I've gotten the game. Skyrim is decent, but leaves the player left doing nothing with tremendous power and is barely a challenge. The only challenge I found were the OHKO bosses and Giants. But even then, after you get the ebony stuff, it's too easy. BF3 is okay, but idc for shooters anymore because gameplay wise it's not changing. I like BF3 a little more though because it's squad base, granted if you find a squad who does squad things. The reason I threw those two games in here is because it's to make a point, both games are not revolutionizing gameplay. The main thing is your stuck using a controller and it's not like your actually doing anything, just watching. Like a movie with choices to choose your adventure kinda thing. Then comes along BF3, where it's still your point and shoot shooter. yeah it's overly harsh and you have to go into more detail, but lets face it, the only thing seperating BF3 and MW3 are a few gameplay differences. What makes Skyward sword different is the new motion controls that make you feel more like Link. That alone makes the game a 8/10. Getting more into the game, there's tons of neat little references to past Zelda games, epic music, a vast world(s), and for a first, a pretty good story to boot. This game also proves a game doesn't need great graphics to be great. That reminds me, How's that swimming coming along in Skyrim? Compared to Skyward Sword's water physics, Skyrim looks like jello or something. Horrible in Skyrim. Worst part is Bethesda doesn't know how to do bug fixes and leave it up to the fanbase to do it. Nintendo takes pride in their games at least and fixes those bugs so the player doesn't have to do anything except enjoy.
    Cons: The controls are a bit annoying, but that's because I usually play laying down :P This just means I need to get my lazy butt up of the couch more or less. Nothing has made this a game a disappointment and anyone who thinks it does is just a nintendo-hater who thinks only good games are the violent ones.
    Nintendo proves again you can make a great game with just gameplay. I can't wait for the next installment in the Zelda series, it'll be tough to beat this one.
  4. Nov 21, 2011
    Well, this game has the best controls ever seen in a game. The story is awesome and the swordplay is simply perfect. I think this is a game that will pass through generations... it's really a masterpiece.
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    Awesome! The characters feel real! This is what gaming is about! The interface is perfect! The motion controls are accurate and smooth. The story is well-told by a cast of believable characters.
  6. Nov 21, 2011
    Perfect in every way, definitely the most enjoyable Zelda I've ever played. Packed full of plenty of side missions as well as a very well-done main quest, it's a non-stop ride of pure joy and excitement. Anyone who enjoys gaming should definitely pick this up, a must-buy for sure.
  7. Nov 21, 2011
    Amazing game. I've been waiting for this game for over a year. You know what I say, it was worth it. It has really good controls. Spaced out enemys. You can even adjust how to point the wii remote, so you can sit at any angle you want. 11/10
  8. Nov 21, 2011
    This game makes new standard for all motion games. If you like Zelda games then you'll love it and won't even want to go back to old control scheme. This is probably last worth game for the Wii but really, it's a must to own it and play it. The game is getting everywhere positive reviews from critics (this is rather confirmation that in 90% bad reviews are made from fanboys here..). I'veThis game makes new standard for all motion games. If you like Zelda games then you'll love it and won't even want to go back to old control scheme. This is probably last worth game for the Wii but really, it's a must to own it and play it. The game is getting everywhere positive reviews from critics (this is rather confirmation that in 90% bad reviews are made from fanboys here..). I've played almost all Zeldas and I like them all, but for now this is one of my favourites. Hope you will have also the same good time as I had playing it. 10/10 ! Expand
  9. Nov 22, 2011
    Un bon 10/10 pour ce jeu magnifique , sa rachètera certaines notes pourris et injustifié comme celle de kickinit525 , qui lui colle un 0/10 car il aime pas la jouabilité .... alors qu'elle est très bonne , m'enfin bon il faut savoir utiliser ses mains ... Puis encore un pro X-box qui colle son 10/10 a Skyrim et 0/10 a Zelda , tellementUn bon 10/10 pour ce jeu magnifique , sa rachètera certaines notes pourris et injustifié comme celle de kickinit525 , qui lui colle un 0/10 car il aime pas la jouabilité .... alors qu'elle est très bonne , m'enfin bon il faut savoir utiliser ses mains ... Puis encore un pro X-box qui colle son 10/10 a Skyrim et 0/10 a Zelda , tellement pathétique que je vais faire la même chose sur son jeu adoré , en pestant sur la jouabilité ... j'espère qu'il lira mon test , et se rendra compte de sa connerie ^^ Expand
  10. Nov 22, 2011
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    This game is so **** epic. **** off these stupid haters, ****
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  11. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is a Masterpiece!!! I have beeb playing for 25 hours and is wonderful and awesome. My favorite Zelda was before Majora's mask but after playing Skyward Sword I need to think about it.jajaja

Sorry for my English! is not my natal lenguage.
  12. Nov 22, 2011
    This is the game we were dreaming of since the conception of video games, since we were little kids we have dreamed to be a character on a video game, this game, brings us closer to virtual reality, this is the game that will change the way you play a Zelda game.

The good: The story, The gameplay, the length of the game, and the difficulty (not extremely hard, but has a lot of challenges), the dungeons
    The Bad: the graphics look jagged, THIS IS A MASTERPIECE
  13. Nov 22, 2011
    This is a game worthy of celebrating the 25th anniversary of the best video game franchise ever. This franchise has come a long way from its humble gold cartridge casing days on the nes. The mechanics are great with the wii motion plus guiding our blades and other gadgets. the look with the watercolors is beautiful, the story keeps us yearning for more with each dungeon, and the musicThis is a game worthy of celebrating the 25th anniversary of the best video game franchise ever. This franchise has come a long way from its humble gold cartridge casing days on the nes. The mechanics are great with the wii motion plus guiding our blades and other gadgets. the look with the watercolors is beautiful, the story keeps us yearning for more with each dungeon, and the music done with a full orchestra sounds better than anything we have heard!! i love this game and its going in my never return it pile with my other favorites Expand
  14. Nov 22, 2011
    Good orchestrated music, a fine difficultly for both new and experienced gamers (provided you can be bothered with Hero Mode), probably the best use of Motion control I have ever seen in a Wii game. Also contains Groose, the greatest Zelda character of all time!
  15. Nov 23, 2011
    Skyward sword is a fantastic title. A little slow to begin with, (but then again show me a zelda which isn't). This slower start is important though because all the characters you meet will have a big impact on you. characters and locations are memorable. The game elegantly gets around the wii's SD capabilities with the new art style. Jagged objects are avoided by the watercolour effectsSkyward sword is a fantastic title. A little slow to begin with, (but then again show me a zelda which isn't). This slower start is important though because all the characters you meet will have a big impact on you. characters and locations are memorable. The game elegantly gets around the wii's SD capabilities with the new art style. Jagged objects are avoided by the watercolour effects on objects in the distance. It works a little like the focal point blurring that wind waker used to avoid jagged scenery etc. The first few hours feel a little like more traditional zelda, but as you progress, it becomes clear that skyward sword is a fantastic addition with many new ideas and features! Truly brilliant. Expand
  16. Nov 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm one of many people that grew up play the Zelda series and I'm probably one of the few that doesn't own any nintendo products besides the gamecube. After watching the gameplay videos, walkt-hroughs, and features I have to say this: GET IT. I planned on getting the Wii just to play Skyward Sword because of the textures, the presentation looks magnificent. I love how they combine the cartoon look from Windwaker and the detail from Twilight Princess. Now if your like me who owns a 360 or a PS3 but grew up with Zelda. then it'll be hard having to adjust to the Wii Motion controls at first try. The story is intriguing, because not only is it a prequel to Ocarina of Time but this also sets up how Hyrule came to be, and the origins of our favorite couple Link and Zelda.

Overall this game is really worth the money to both Casual and hardcore Zelda fans all over the world. Like I mention above if you grew up with the Zelda series during your childhood but own a 360 or a PS3 instead of the Wii I highly recommend getting one just to play Skyward Sword. I'll admit I own a PS3 and play shooters like BF3, MW3, and other PS3 exclusive games but that doesn't change my love for the Zelda series. I have no doubt in my heart that the moment I get the Wii and this magnificent game, I won't be disappointed even though I've only had a few minutes playing this at my local gamestop.
  17. Nov 23, 2011
    Spoiler-free review

Spoiler-free review

This is the greatest gaming experience I've ever had. I am a huge Zelda fan. I've played Ocarina of time, I have it for the N64, virtual console, and gamecube collector's edition disc. OoT was my favorite game up until Skyward Sword came out. Skyward Sword has the best plot and character development out of all Zelda games. I've seen some reviews that are saying they don't like the beginning set-up. I agree that it does drag on at parts, but it was fun overall and the game needed it for the story. The story is not only amazing, but it explains events in OoT and other zelda games.

The 1:1 sword controls are perfect for the most part, the remote will need to be re-calibrated every once in a while, but it wasn't much of a problem for me. The controls make the combat much more difficult, diverse, and puzzle-filled than most Zelda games. Every single dungeon in game have been my favorite out of all the games so far, and the bosses are superb and difficult, especially the last two. Those are the hardest boss fights out of any Zelda game so far. The overworlds in the game aren't as open as in OoT and Twilight Princess, but they're large and work perfectly for what they're used for. The graphics are amazing, especially for a Wii game. The art style is by far the most beautiful I have ever seen in a game.

The items in this game are extremely amazing. There's many new items and returning classics. Almost every item can upgraded to be more powerful, have new functions, and look even cooler than they already do.

I haven't finished them all yet, but the game has many side-quests and collectible items to upgrade your gear and potions with. Skyloft is the best town in Zelda so far, it's large, has a lot going on in it, and every NPC in the town can be talked to have have their own personality.

The music in this game isn't quite as amazing as OoT or WW, but it makes up for it with how beautiful the fully orchestrated songs are, especially the songs from past games that are now fully orchestrated.

The mode of transportation in this game, the loftwing, is my favorite so far. It works perfectly for the kind of overworld it is used in and is extremely fun to control. The main quest is about 40 hours long. There's many hours worth of sidequests and collecting treasures. And after you beat the game, there's a hero mode that is more difficult than the normal game. This game has at least 100 hours of play time.

To sum it all up, this is by far the greatest Zelda game, no, the greatest game I have ever played. Story - 10/10
    Graphics - 10/10
    Music - 9/10
    Replay Value- 10/10

Overall - 10/10
  18. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is the game of the year 6 years in the making. Everything The Legend of Zelda has stood for is all put together in this game making it the ultimate Zelda experiance ever. The dungeons, bosses, characters, and RPG elements are the best the zelda series has had. Every temple was refreshing and unique and the bosses were all very random and surprising! The wii motion plus made theThis game is the game of the year 6 years in the making. Everything The Legend of Zelda has stood for is all put together in this game making it the ultimate Zelda experiance ever. The dungeons, bosses, characters, and RPG elements are the best the zelda series has had. Every temple was refreshing and unique and the bosses were all very random and surprising! The wii motion plus made the game feel less like a grind during combat and made every fight feel special. Anyone complaining that it was not exact or was hard to use was doing it wrong i swear. This is the best game i have ever played in my life and ive never given a perfect ten to a game in all my life but this game easily decieves it if not even more. I have been a hardcore gamer for the passed 14 years and Ive never had a more enjoyable gaming experiance. I hope this helped in anyones desision to ignore the negative reviews and buy this amazing game! Expand
  19. Nov 23, 2011
    Breathtaking! People that complain about the controls clearly haven't spent much time understanding them and their nuances. They expect everything to automatically work without any learning curve.
  20. Nov 23, 2011
    Amazing game! Great art, story, characters, and gameplay. Ignore all the zero scores, etc. Trust me when I say they haven't played the game. If you are looking for a great gaming experience like no other then i would highly recommend trying this game. Does have a learning curve, but once you get past it you will never want to go back
  21. Nov 23, 2011
    I expected this game to be good, but you know what it is? Its great!! The graphical style is the best that the Zelda series has to offer, IMO. Plus, the motion controls work excellently. The only problem that I have with the game is that you have to recenter the pointer thing a little too much. Oh yeah, I forgot about the story of the game. To be honest, this is the most plot centeredI expected this game to be good, but you know what it is? Its great!! The graphical style is the best that the Zelda series has to offer, IMO. Plus, the motion controls work excellently. The only problem that I have with the game is that you have to recenter the pointer thing a little too much. Oh yeah, I forgot about the story of the game. To be honest, this is the most plot centered Zelda game ever made. There are also many cinematic parts to this amazing adventure. And for all these reasons above, this is why the game deserves a 10 out of 10. Expand
  22. Nov 23, 2011
    What are these "games" that you have honored in recent years? The one true sword master chief is back, or rather he has always been there. Matrix, navel and center of gravity of the video game, this new Zelda reference everyone and all claims satellites in orbit. The wind in the sails, at ease.
  23. Nov 24, 2011
    This is why i am a zelda fan. For me this is the best zelda ever made. My favorite was marjoras mask but this one beeds them all damn i realy love it .
  24. Nov 25, 2011
    A wonderful, colourful and epic celebration of the rich 25 year history that is "The legend of Zelda". Don't be fooled by the console it's on, Skyward Sword pushes the wii and manages to pull off a timeless and artistic look that does the series justice. Motion controls feel precise and intuitive, story is top notch and gameplay is at its best. Fan or not, do yourself a favour and giveA wonderful, colourful and epic celebration of the rich 25 year history that is "The legend of Zelda". Don't be fooled by the console it's on, Skyward Sword pushes the wii and manages to pull off a timeless and artistic look that does the series justice. Motion controls feel precise and intuitive, story is top notch and gameplay is at its best. Fan or not, do yourself a favour and give Skyward Sword a go. It will not dissapoint! Expand
  25. Nov 25, 2011
    A great game for an under used system. The only reason I have a wii for is super mario and zelda games. Nintnedo always delivers when it comes time for the show and this game is no exception. The changes are refreshing, the story is a nice change of pace, and the motion controls add total immersion to the experience. It started off a bit slow but picked up. Im about 10 hours in andA great game for an under used system. The only reason I have a wii for is super mario and zelda games. Nintnedo always delivers when it comes time for the show and this game is no exception. The changes are refreshing, the story is a nice change of pace, and the motion controls add total immersion to the experience. It started off a bit slow but picked up. Im about 10 hours in and cant put it down. I recent picked up Arkham asylum (another great game) but have no urge to play it due to how much fun zelda is. Expand
  26. Nov 25, 2011
    This such a beautiful, addicting, awesome Legend of Zelda game. The characters are so diverse and you like them so much. Flying is fun and the music is epic. The motion controls are absolutely perfect, don't believe those people who say it sucks. Rarely, you have to calibrate Wii MotionPlus. It's very rare that it happens to me, so I don't care. I have played it for 5 days and have alreadyThis such a beautiful, addicting, awesome Legend of Zelda game. The characters are so diverse and you like them so much. Flying is fun and the music is epic. The motion controls are absolutely perfect, don't believe those people who say it sucks. Rarely, you have to calibrate Wii MotionPlus. It's very rare that it happens to me, so I don't care. I have played it for 5 days and have already played for 21 hours. The best game on the Wii and quite possibly the best Zelda game off all time. 10/10. Expand
  27. Nov 26, 2011
    This is the best love letter that the developers could have possibly written to fans of the Zelda franchise and the best send off that Nintendo could have given to Wii owners. I have played the game every night after work since it launched. The bundle package with the $20 golden Wiimote+ and incredible soundtrack was worth every penny. The controls respond flawlessly except for when I amThis is the best love letter that the developers could have possibly written to fans of the Zelda franchise and the best send off that Nintendo could have given to Wii owners. I have played the game every night after work since it launched. The bundle package with the $20 golden Wiimote+ and incredible soundtrack was worth every penny. The controls respond flawlessly except for when I am using my bug net, but I learned to compensate. The camera will go off a bit once in a while, but a quick press down on the directional pad fixes that right up. The levels are amazing in both design and feel, while the music is the perfect accompaniment. You could argue that this game is a 9.5, or even a 9.0 for the super elitist, but anything less than a 9, you are kidding yourself. If you really have to have HD graphics, learn how to transfer the game from disk to your hard drive and emulate through Dolphin. This, like most Zelda games, is a must own if you are a fan of the Adventure genre or just love video games. Expand
  28. Nov 26, 2011
    So much hate for such a great game. Sucks that most of people giving this a 0 cant even prove they have played the game (outside of talking about things which were shown in the preview videos). I guess this is just what happens when something this good comes around. The hipsters and Nintendo haters will come out in drones and vote it down. I'm just giving this game a 10 to help boostSo much hate for such a great game. Sucks that most of people giving this a 0 cant even prove they have played the game (outside of talking about things which were shown in the preview videos). I guess this is just what happens when something this good comes around. The hipsters and Nintendo haters will come out in drones and vote it down. I'm just giving this game a 10 to help boost it to the score it rightfully deserves. Expand
  29. Nov 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After starting it up, I was a little disappointed by the new controls and look of the game. But after about 5 min, I was loving it. The golden remote that came with the game works perfectly and the game looks stunning(for the wii). I'm not concerned with the graphics cause those don't make a game anyway, I mean, how awesome are all the bad graphic games from the nineties? Back to Skyward Sword: The story was really a let down at first, but after I heard about the three flames, I new just what was a coming. THE GAME IS A PREQUEL!!! The way the story all ties together is amazing and blew my mind. i don't think there is a better 25 year anniversary for anything ever. Expand
  30. Nov 21, 2011
    One of the best zelda experiences ever. Dont believe the crap few people say, the controls are fine! music is awesome, gameplay and story are deep an involving.... on par with ocarina of time!
  31. Nov 20, 2011
    Although, the Wii seems to be aging since it's release in 2006, Nintendo has never fail when it comes to delivering great games with an impressive story line and graphical art style, and that game has finally arrive as each of us dusted out our WII just to play this master-piece that Nintendo developers put so much time and passion into to give us another great experience in their ZeldaAlthough, the Wii seems to be aging since it's release in 2006, Nintendo has never fail when it comes to delivering great games with an impressive story line and graphical art style, and that game has finally arrive as each of us dusted out our WII just to play this master-piece that Nintendo developers put so much time and passion into to give us another great experience in their Zelda franchise. After, playing Skyward Sword for at least 4 hours I was very impress it was one of the best art style I have ever seen in a game, even the graphics were great as well for a Wii game, and yes this game would have looked even better if Nintendo were to develop a High-Definition console for the game, but oh well. Also, I would never consider this game to be ported to the PS3 and XBOX 360 it would be horrible because it's a Nintendo classic title, and no I'm not a fan boy I own both the Wii and Ps3, and the 360 is a great system as well although I don't even own it, but each systems has very impressive exclusives to itself. Personally, I love the water color art style in Skyward Sword it's one of the best graphics I have seen mixing both twilight princess and the wind waker it's just phenomenal with the WII limited hardware. As with the combat the one on one Wii motion plus is accurate indeed although it's not too perfect especially when I'm swinging the controller like crazy it becomes unresponsive sometimes, but who cares Nintendo actually deliver impressive game-play. Now the music, which was preform and orchestrated into Skyward Sword......... BEST MUSIC I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM A GAME, ESPECIALLY IN A ZELDA GAME right after SKYRIMS EPIC MUSIC. I'M GLAD THAT Nintendo has finally decided orchestrate the music into the 25 anniversary sound track disk. Oh yeah and to those who give the game a rating of zero don't go judging the graphics just because it isn't a game with intense graphics like on a a PC , PS3 , and Xbox 360 it's a WII game of course the graphics is outdated in 2011 but who cares it looks great. Finally, after viewing recent reviews from critics such as IGN, GAMETRAILERS, AND GAMESPOT i have say i agree with all three review IGN gave it a 10, gametrailers gave it a 9.1 and then gamespot gave it a 7.5 because a review wouldn't be without criticizing, but enough said it's the critics opinions not ours but giving this game at least a zero is just shame if you people don't enjoy the graphics then don't buy it and play something else. Overall this game is a must buy. Expand
  32. Nov 20, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the best game on the Wii. It's also the best Zelda game of all time, quite a feat, considing Zelda is considered by some to be the best game series ever. The MotionPlus swordplay, although tough to get used to, is flawless, and I never want to play another Zelda game without it ever again. The structure of the game is incredibly designed, and theThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the best game on the Wii. It's also the best Zelda game of all time, quite a feat, considing Zelda is considered by some to be the best game series ever. The MotionPlus swordplay, although tough to get used to, is flawless, and I never want to play another Zelda game without it ever again. The structure of the game is incredibly designed, and the music...well, you should count yourself lucky that a soundtrack comes with the game, as in my opinion, it's the best game soundtrack ever. Zelda: Skyward Sword is amazing, and if you have a Wii, you owe it to it and yourself to buy it. 10/10 Expand
  33. Nov 20, 2011
    Nintendo's changed the game with Skyward sword. The Motion controls are simple and intuitive, requiring minimal time to adjust. From wielding your sword to properly using your shield (ensuring it's not damaged) to bowling with bombs, and flying to the wonderfully made soundtrack. Skyward Sword's a must have for ANYONE who's remotely interested in the Zelda series.
  34. Nov 21, 2011
    A modern classic was born. The game of the year will be remembered for decades by the giant scenarios that have now become huge dungeons in which there is much to be done. The narrative is really mature and at the same time speaks of the core issues of the classic stories. Good against evil. The use of the wiimote with its precision 1:1 gives this epic classic story of a modernity that noA modern classic was born. The game of the year will be remembered for decades by the giant scenarios that have now become huge dungeons in which there is much to be done. The narrative is really mature and at the same time speaks of the core issues of the classic stories. Good against evil. The use of the wiimote with its precision 1:1 gives this epic classic story of a modernity that no other device has to offer. Expand
  35. Nov 22, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has done what Twilight Princess should have when it was brought over to the Wii: That is, used the Wii-mote. And oh how SS has. While it may not be the out-of-this-world epic that people expected, it is as close as a Wii game can get. The musical score is well done (if young at heart), and the action plays out nice and smooth. This Zelda is tougher thanThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has done what Twilight Princess should have when it was brought over to the Wii: That is, used the Wii-mote. And oh how SS has. While it may not be the out-of-this-world epic that people expected, it is as close as a Wii game can get. The musical score is well done (if young at heart), and the action plays out nice and smooth. This Zelda is tougher than previous titles in the series, but it also has a vastly updated UI to guide you through it, as well as a much improved companion NPC that helps you every step of the way should you need it. The camera does leave something to be desired, but using your Z-Target function does correct the angle and therefore bypasses any problems that may develop from not having complete control over the camera all the time, like in Wind Waker. If I had any complaints for this game, they would be few, but they would include the somewhat quirky camera and the overall childlike feel of the game, though this second point is relative to one's own view and I myself do not find it all that bothersome. To sum up, Skyward Sword has proven that it is a Zelda game, and a good one at that. One for the ages. Two thumbs skyward from me. Expand
  36. Nov 21, 2011
    Balancing the trolls. This game is a masterpiece in its own right. The franchise is the best at what it does: create a fun, intuitive adventure for children of any age.

This "grafix sux, same formula" crap is just a showcase of the kinds of people who would give this game a zero. Guess what? Games don't need the most updated graphics to be fun. A lot of 8 bit games are still fun. As for

Guess what? Games don't need the most updated graphics to be fun. A lot of 8 bit games are still fun. As for the same formula? Why reinvent the wheel. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  37. Nov 21, 2011
    I'd say I'm about half way through the game at this stage. What I have played so far, however, is leading me to believe that I am playing the best game I have ever played, ever. The graphics are the first thing that stuck out for me, this is a Wii game so clearly it's going to be missing out on pixel count and model detail/texture sizes and post processing etc. but you know what, none ofI'd say I'm about half way through the game at this stage. What I have played so far, however, is leading me to believe that I am playing the best game I have ever played, ever. The graphics are the first thing that stuck out for me, this is a Wii game so clearly it's going to be missing out on pixel count and model detail/texture sizes and post processing etc. but you know what, none of that seems to matter. This is by far in large of of the best looking games I have played this generation, Character models, expressions and animation are of a quality only normally seen in a Pixar movie, extremely emotive.

At first I thought the game play was a little clunky, being used to previous Zelda titles, but after realising the character moves more at a walking pace in doors and got out into the one world the controls are much more tight. Motion controls are very tight and having the option to reset the motion sensor with the d-pad makes the whole process super smooth. A lot of the fights difficulty does come from being able to swipe the correct way at the correct time but having just spent close to 50 hours in DarkSouls this is actually very similar to blocking an attack, rolling out of the way and then striking in a particular way at a specific moment. The motion controls simple add a heightened level of involvement and massively increased accuracy when aiming special items.

As far as pacing is concerned It is very well thought out. No dungeon so far has been too long or short and returning to old locations does not drag out like it did in Phantom Hour Glass. The closest experience I can think of is the way Metroid/Castlevania games pan out when finding new areas in old locations or better yet the way A Link to the Past did.

Zelda games weakest point for me in the past has been a lack of continuous story telling. This is actually one of Skyward Sword's best point's as the story is regularly and effectively updated and evolved as the game progresses. No longer are you simply told to go collect the 3 things and get absolutely no story updates until you have.

The cute scenes are of an exceptional quality that Dreamworks would be lucky to achieve - without the use of overpaid acting talent!

The game also has a fairly robust, if not a little simple, item upgrade system that adds another level of depth to game progression - money now feels useful for something other than absolutely necessary purchases.

So on the whole Zelda Skyward Sword is shaping up to be essentially the greatest game I've ever laid by hands on. What I have experienced thus far is certainly 10/10 but I'll update that should the latter half of the game make me change my mind. I somehow doubt that will be the case.
  38. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the longest Zelda game. After the 6th Dungeon I thought the game was near the end
    In actuality you are going to solve additional quests beyond that.
    3 dragon quests then a triforce quest a total of 4 spirit leaf missions 3 imprisoned boss fights. completion time, 61. hrs WARNING!!!! Make sure to copy the quest before the last fight. An Alternative story mode will save over
    In actuality you are going to solve additional quests beyond that.
    3 dragon quests
    then a triforce quest
    a total of 4 spirit leaf missions
    3 imprisoned boss fights.
    completion time, 61. hrs
    WARNING!!!!
    Make sure to copy the quest before the last fight. An Alternative story mode will save over your progress.

Skyward Sword is like a semester of school
    first you solve a puzzle, then you are given that same puzzle with different variations.
    You are given chapters with weapons that solve these puzzles in a specific manner.
    You will then have to memorize these puzzles because you will be given a test to solve them again during the later levels. If you fail, you can look in the back of the book a la stone guide.

This is a game that works both your senses and your reflexes. Not too many games require this kind of skill. This game will be remembered far more than recent Zelda titles. It brings back the old spirit that was left behind during the snes days. Best of all, they brought back the beam that fires from the sword. This is the first 3d Zelda to include this mechanic.
  39. Nov 20, 2011
    I'm leaving this review to counter all the idiots that give stupidly low reviews. I'm sure none of them have even touched Skyward Sword. The graphics are beautiful, and anyone saying they aren't because they aren't realistic is just a complete idiot. The controls work perfectly. If you think they don't you're probably a retard that has bright lights around while you're playing the game.I'm leaving this review to counter all the idiots that give stupidly low reviews. I'm sure none of them have even touched Skyward Sword. The graphics are beautiful, and anyone saying they aren't because they aren't realistic is just a complete idiot. The controls work perfectly. If you think they don't you're probably a retard that has bright lights around while you're playing the game. The game is amazing and anyone with a Wii needs to get it. If you don't have a Wii, find one and get this game. Expand
  40. Nov 24, 2011
    This is the greatest Zelda game ever created.

It is doubtful that the game will win over new converts, but for series faithfuls, this game represents the apotheosis of the series' style. Everything that makes a Zelda game a Zelda game is in perfect form in this wonderful game. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous, with an art style reminiscent of both the whimsical Wind Waker and the
    This is the greatest Zelda game ever created.

The scenery is absolutely gorgeous, with an art style reminiscent of both the whimsical Wind Waker and the darker Twilight Princess - it looks as if ripped straight from an oil painting. The combat is seamless - it feels incredibly fluid and natural. The story has a brilliant mythical quality that gives the entire series a sort of origin myth all its own.

If you have ever loved a Zelda game, this is a must play.
  41. Nov 21, 2011
    While I wouldn't say Twilight Princess was a bad game, I think everybody could agree that it was very similar to Ocarina of Time when looking at the details (Zora's been frozen, a demon troubling Death Mountain etc.). I was really hoping Skyward Sword would bring something new to the franchise and what I got was beyong my wildest dreams. Skyward Sword is an entirely new game; the puzzlesWhile I wouldn't say Twilight Princess was a bad game, I think everybody could agree that it was very similar to Ocarina of Time when looking at the details (Zora's been frozen, a demon troubling Death Mountain etc.). I was really hoping Skyward Sword would bring something new to the franchise and what I got was beyong my wildest dreams. Skyward Sword is an entirely new game; the puzzles are new, the characters are new, the world is new and even the story is new. Everything feels very fresh and rich, like the first time we touched upon Ocarina of Time in 1998.

Not everything is perfect, so a full 10 is out of the question. The controls are a bit clunky and the Wii Motion Plus only adds painful muscles to the experience, the new companion is also rather annoying and feels like a copy of GlaDos from portal.

However, the faults are too small to actually ruin the game for me and Skyward Sword makes the franchise fresh for another 25 years.
  42. Nov 20, 2011
    Just an amazing games. Don't mind these trolls who are marking this game down for no reason. Buy this! It's worth the time and money. Controls are just fine, graphics are probably the best the wii has to offer, and it's just an all-around enjoyable experience.
  43. Nov 20, 2011
    The controls are VERY responsive. The art style is beautiful with the way it uses water color style, and the overall story is what makes its truly amazing. You actually feel for the characters, something that is very rare nowadays with too many games trying to make you feel for the characters but always end up being cliche. Nintendo broke the traditional formula of enter dungeon solveThe controls are VERY responsive. The art style is beautiful with the way it uses water color style, and the overall story is what makes its truly amazing. You actually feel for the characters, something that is very rare nowadays with too many games trying to make you feel for the characters but always end up being cliche. Nintendo broke the traditional formula of enter dungeon solve puzzles, beat boss, done. They actually make a whole area in the game a open ended dungeon, having certain things sealed off until you have the right weapons to access them, almost like a metroid approach, something some fans will hate but most will like the change of pace from the tired formula zelda has always stuck to. it is very challenging as well making you think about where to slice your enemy next without just mashing a button or waggling around like in past games, and the bosses are extremely creative an difficult making them the best in the series to date. It really is what the wii was made for and is a must buy for anyone who is a fan of the series. Expand
  44. Nov 20, 2011
    Ok so ive played Skyward Sword for about 7 and a half hours now. and even though its a little to early to judge the game in a whole im gonna give it a 9 but if my opinion changes ill change the review. But so far pretty damn good game
  45. Nov 22, 2011
    Don't believe negative reviews. There is a reason the gaming media did not give this game a single "Mixed" review. Must purchase. The Wii's game library has built itself up for this game. You will see aspects of just about every Nintendo Wii game manifest itself in this game.
  46. Mar 4, 2012
    My first Zelda game was Twilight Princess and I have some really fond memories from that adventure! So that's the Zelda game I can compare this too, but generally I have been playing video games for over 20 years. Skyward Sword is a mixed bag...graphics range from pretty to blurry mess..story is typical fairy tale no one really cares about...gameplay is great..motion controls work most ofMy first Zelda game was Twilight Princess and I have some really fond memories from that adventure! So that's the Zelda game I can compare this too, but generally I have been playing video games for over 20 years. Skyward Sword is a mixed bag...graphics range from pretty to blurry mess..story is typical fairy tale no one really cares about...gameplay is great..motion controls work most of the time but are far from perfect...difficulty level is just right...I love: the sense of adventure, the music, the dungeons, the anime style animations and jokes...I hate: repetitive tasks, limited areas, fetch quests, unskippable dialogs that go on forever, no voice acting, annoying sound when hearts are low... Really, this game is worth a playthrough but Nintendo really need to modernize this franchise...the way this game is presented, it's only saved from being mediocre by the Zelda name...if this was the first Zelda ever, compared to other modern games..it would be a failure..please Nintendo don't let Zelda die like this...bring it into the 21st century! Expand
  47. Nov 21, 2011
    It's Nintendo. It's Zelda. It's Wii motion control done correctly. It's a ten! ;)
    There is no doubt in my mine, even after just 12 hours on it, that it's the best 3D Zelda ever made!
  48. Nov 21, 2011
    10/10. A sublime and magnificent work. A clear sign that it is not strictly necessary to have 1080p graphics to make a great (although it is true that evil does not come into the game). A title that focuses on the prequel to this great series, which Zelda is not a Princess, Link is still far from being a hero and a traveling companion that moves by its particular sense and objectivity,10/10. A sublime and magnificent work. A clear sign that it is not strictly necessary to have 1080p graphics to make a great (although it is true that evil does not come into the game). A title that focuses on the prequel to this great series, which Zelda is not a Princess, Link is still far from being a hero and a traveling companion that moves by its particular sense and objectivity, even while she is something fun and calculator. The control of the sword is the evolution we expected to see 5 years ago. Hours and hours of exploration, unexpected, exciting story. In short, a memorable milestone of Zelda in its 25 years of existence. Expand
  49. Nov 22, 2011
    This is a really really good game, the controls work very well after you get used to them, you can NOT waggle your way through, people who say you can obviously didn't make it out of Skyloft before doing their reviews. It's a really good story, the relationships feel less forced this time around and the characters are creative and come to life throughout the game. The people who have beenThis is a really really good game, the controls work very well after you get used to them, you can NOT waggle your way through, people who say you can obviously didn't make it out of Skyloft before doing their reviews. It's a really good story, the relationships feel less forced this time around and the characters are creative and come to life throughout the game. The people who have been giving this game a 0 are idiots, some named good points meaning the game to them obviously was somewhat good to them, they are just giving 0s to be trolls. I personally believe this game deserves a 9.5 I wouldn't give any game a 10 but this game comes close to it. Expand
  50. Nov 21, 2011
    Nintendo is trying to innovate instead of creating another OoT clone; In my opinion, they've succeeded. The controls are well done, the story is great, the characters are nicely developed and likable. Instead of vast open unfilled areas they've condensed it to three areas that you visit multiple times, unlocking a new area each time. Some might consider this a 'lack of content', but thatNintendo is trying to innovate instead of creating another OoT clone; In my opinion, they've succeeded. The controls are well done, the story is great, the characters are nicely developed and likable. Instead of vast open unfilled areas they've condensed it to three areas that you visit multiple times, unlocking a new area each time. Some might consider this a 'lack of content', but that is just not true.
    I've heard a lot of people complain about the controls, but they are just waggling the wiimote like an idiot; It's very responsive and adds to the immersion.

I give this game a 9/10 with the only actual gripe I have with it being the amount of fetch quests.
  51. Nov 26, 2011
    A phenomenal effort that showcases great strides for the Zelda series and how to do motion gaming right.

Though it will be prone to exaggeration, the controls are extremely solid enough to sway gamers that think flailing is the answer; its at a point where if one has to overly swing or exert too much effort (a common exaggerated gripe of many Wii games), the problem likely lies with the player or the player's position. The controls are very accurate and it shouldn't take any trouble for anyone to master, whether its swordplay, item usage, or flying the Loftwing.

Adding game play aspects, like upgrading, further add to the series, enabling and setting the stage for further progression. Even the menu screen lists the current objective, making it easier for players to remember where they had left off, should one have to leave and not play for awhile. The combat, this time around, actually requires more thought and strategy, giving a sense of vulnerability that hasn't been experienced since Zelda II.

This game represents a major step in the right direction for the Zelda series in the coming years. All aspects of the game, including lore, have been vastly improved, further pulling you into its world and taking you on a journey of legendary proportions. This title is more than worthy of standing side-by-side with Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past, two games that are held to lofty, and deserved standards. This step is also one that many developers need to take note of. This is the right way to make a great motion oriented game. Not to use gestures to replace a button press for the sake of being different, but making it a natural fit to the game utilizing it.

Its a shame that people will simply work toward finding too many worthless faults with this epic, instead of embracing it for what it accomplishes. This is a worthy contender for Game of the Year, no doubt about it.
  52. Nov 27, 2011
    A tip for those playing Skyward Sword on HDTVs: turn your sharpness setting all the way down, along with shutting off edge enhancement. The game's art style is gorgeous, but on a TV made to run at 1080p those jaggy edges don't do it justice. These settings add a subtle blur that brings out the painterly qualities of the graphics.

16 hours in, feeling like this might supplant Wind Waker as

16 hours in, feeling like this might supplant Wind Waker as my favorite Zelda title. Since I'm not done I set my score at 8, so I wouldn't impact the Zeros v. Tens war that y'all always seem to be waging.
  53. Nov 28, 2011
    Zelda has never let me down and this year is no different. The motion controls, which was heavily promoted by Nintendo, is actually really good, not perfect but still manageable compared to other games. With practice, the game's controls are close to accurate and I almost felt like I am Link, fending off foes and solving puzzles. The atmosphere, the dungeons, the story, almost everythingZelda has never let me down and this year is no different. The motion controls, which was heavily promoted by Nintendo, is actually really good, not perfect but still manageable compared to other games. With practice, the game's controls are close to accurate and I almost felt like I am Link, fending off foes and solving puzzles. The atmosphere, the dungeons, the story, almost everything seems different, if not too different, from the Zelda games I have played. The story is not too different from the formula, but it does give me a little more insight on the future relationship between Zelda and Link, it's more personal than ever. There is no voice acting, but I think its nothing important with this game as the characters are expressive in their own way. The dungeons are completely vast despite the fact that it is not as much of an open world as previous installments. I feel good about completing dungeons because the journey is just as exhilarating as the destination. I know some might not like the things I have mentioned above, but for those who are willing to have an open mind and appreciate what this game can give, then its a worthwhile experience. Expand
  54. Nov 28, 2011
    This is one of the best games for the Wii! Maybe the best zelda game yet? Maybe! Skyward sword is another game in the long running series, a series well known for having one of the best games of all time. This is the game the Wii was built for! This game is a masterpiece. Enough said. The gameplay is incredible. Trust me, once you play an hour of SKyward Sword, you will never want to goThis is one of the best games for the Wii! Maybe the best zelda game yet? Maybe! Skyward sword is another game in the long running series, a series well known for having one of the best games of all time. This is the game the Wii was built for! This game is a masterpiece. Enough said. The gameplay is incredible. Trust me, once you play an hour of SKyward Sword, you will never want to go back to controllers. Wii motion plus is what Zelda is made for. This Zelda is one of the best Zelda game ever. First of all the gameplay is great, with the wiimote plus everything you do will be recognized and its really impressive. But because it uses the gyro instead of using the sensor bar you will often of to recenter the wiimote while using items like the slingshot. Graphics are really wonderfull, its are the best you can find on wii. I believe this is as good as Ocarina of time. They tried innovating and succeeded! This game makes old gamers happy and new people to the series as well. They changed a lot of new things but in a way that did not disappoint people who loved the formula and got tired of the formula. 25 hours till now playing the game ,controls are very impressive,clever, initiative . the important part that i have the same feeling in Ocarina of time the Depth of game play the value that i want to replay the dungeons and visit the area than one Time. The graphics are the best wii can get. The gameplay with the wii controller is superb. Absolutely fantastic. It's colorful, it's challenging, and while it's reasonably accessible for new players it does none of the claustrophobic hand-holding that many other recent Zeldas have done. The combat is a massive improvement over Twilight Princess, the motion controls being precise, responsive, and making combat an actual treat. Expand
  55. Nov 20, 2011
    This game definitely deserves a 10/10 the story is amazing the graphics and art are creative (YOU DO NOT NEED TOP OF THE LINE GRAPHICS TO MAKE A GOOD GAME) it has very cute and witty scenes but still keeping the serious moments in place and meaningful.The characters are just as good as the others i find my self liking just the common skyloft folk.as for the controls they need some gettingThis game definitely deserves a 10/10 the story is amazing the graphics and art are creative (YOU DO NOT NEED TOP OF THE LINE GRAPHICS TO MAKE A GOOD GAME) it has very cute and witty scenes but still keeping the serious moments in place and meaningful.The characters are just as good as the others i find my self liking just the common skyloft folk.as for the controls they need some getting used to also they take practice,(but god forbid anyone needing to practice in a video game) but after you get used to it the controls are fun and challenging,When Im fighting monsters I find my self having to think before i swing (which might be a burden for some stupid people) and actually having to fake out the monsters. all said and done its for a select few if you don't like challenges don't get it,if you only like gun totting super soldier Michael bay explosion games don't get it,this is also not for people with a short attention span its a Legend of Zelda game its praised on its challenges and its long story's and quests. This may not be for everyone and if you start sucking at it just watch the info video about it. Expand
  56. Nov 20, 2011
    Not the best wii game, is not the
    best nintendo game is not the best
    game of this gene is in the best game I've played in my life ... this game is simply a work of art, beyond anything I've ever played, its graphics are wonderful and are very well defined (eg shadows) and the graphic quality deserves a 10 as well as pc. epic sound and well defined, the soundtrack is a great job
    Not the best wii game, is not the
    best nintendo game is not the best
    game of this gene is in the best
    game I've played in my life ... this
    game is simply a work of art, beyond
    anything I've ever played, its
    graphics are wonderful and are very
    well defined (eg shadows) and the
    graphic quality deserves a 10 as well
    as pc. epic sound and well defined,
    the soundtrack is a great job and
    without comparison, you could
    expect from a Zelda? Wii technology
    used to 100 in this game, see note 8
    enemies moving in front of you with
    total flow while moving the wii
    motion +. overflows innovation and
    gameplay is superb, find those who
    hate nintendo or play pure shooters,
    this is a masterpiece of 10:)
  57. Nov 20, 2011
    Excelente en todos los aspectos, otro clasico mas para el catalogo de Nintendo. Goob job Ninty, keep the good work, and congrats. Graphics, Sound, History and the Gameplay are excelent. This is the best Zelda game to date period. and one of the best game this Year.
  58. Nov 22, 2011
    Espectacular! desprende magia por todos sus pixeles, el gameplay es perfecto.... un juego envolvente, divertido desde el primer minuto. El mejor juego de esta generación sin lugar a dudas.

Perfecto
  59. Nov 20, 2011
    The best Zelda game so far. Great art style, great soundtrack, great story, and the best control scheme. Motion Plus really does difference in gameplay, how say it not is a dumb.
    Conclusion, play Skyward Sword, don't worry about bad reviews, they reveal envy from author.
  60. Nov 21, 2011
    I whole-heartedly agree with metacritic score and most other scores. This game is quite good. The use of the Wii motion-plus really brings out the Wii to it's full potential. This is probably the best motion based game ever. I mean, the PS move had crummy games, as did the Kinect, but, it's this sort of game that motion controls and epic 1:1 swordplay is built for. However, why must peopleI whole-heartedly agree with metacritic score and most other scores. This game is quite good. The use of the Wii motion-plus really brings out the Wii to it's full potential. This is probably the best motion based game ever. I mean, the PS move had crummy games, as did the Kinect, but, it's this sort of game that motion controls and epic 1:1 swordplay is built for. However, why must people bag this game? It is good, I found nothing wrong with it. It has the best story, characters, quests and dungeons in a Zelda game. A lot of people are complaining about the 1:1 sword gameplay. I admit, this does require some getting used to, but the thing about this is, once you can learn it properly, swordplay becomes more rewarding and you feel like every battle you achieve something. No button mashing in this Zelda game! I am, however, disappointed at Gamespots review of this. It seemed like they were nitpicking at little things and, quite frankly, Gameinformer, IGN and various other trusted game reviewers have given it a perfect score of ten out of ten. I'm not going to let a bunch of FPS fans and ignorant game reviewers make up incriminatory comments, most likely just to stop it from being nominated game of the year, so they can have their precious Call of Duty become game of the year. (BTW CoD wasn't nominated understandably).
    So please, why must you bag this game out. It is a Zelda game for God sakes. No-one has DARED criticise a Zelda game until now, because they know they will be pummelled by angry fanboys. Speaking of which, I am proud to be a Zelda fanboy. Everygame that has been released has been pretty good. some better than others , and I think Skyward Sword is the best of the bunch.
  61. Nov 21, 2011
    I don't have to explain myself. For me, this and every other Zelda game will always be a 10. jkbljgcjfhjvjb ghcvgfhvb,jobhmgdfhgfhjliugfcxsdfdgcfghmjn,hgvcnfsdvsbdvbfgnvhbn,bjmthdzscxdc
  62. Nov 22, 2011
    It's sad to see all the haters destroy the true user score of a masterpiece. I'm playing for over 35 hours now and I can assure you that all those people who gave a score below 8 haven't played the game properly or far enough. This game is superb! Great controls, characters, story & design aside: the puzzles are awesome! They are fresh, exciting & most important challenging. This gameIt's sad to see all the haters destroy the true user score of a masterpiece. I'm playing for over 35 hours now and I can assure you that all those people who gave a score below 8 haven't played the game properly or far enough. This game is superb! Great controls, characters, story & design aside: the puzzles are awesome! They are fresh, exciting & most important challenging. This game sucks you in and I'm having a hard time letting the controller go. I just wanna play more. That's the reason why I stop here ;) Don't let the haters win!!! Write a honest review!!! Expand
  63. Nov 22, 2011
    Nintendo has finally delivered on what they promised us with the Wii. The game offers 1:1 motion controls that work perfectly. The game design is masterful, and I feel the same sense of mystery when exploring this game, as I did when playing A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. An incredible game, and an amazing way for the Wii to trail off into the sunset.
  64. POE
    Nov 22, 2011
    If you´ve been playing video games for a long time then you will understand what this means: This is the Ocarina of time of this era. If you´re new i´ll translate what that means: Absolute perfection.
  65. Nov 21, 2011
    Awesome gameplay, the only blemish is the lack of voice acting, but its one of the best in the series so far!
    I wonder why some sites complain about it being similar to other zelda games and give a higher score to MW3 LOL such biased losers
  66. Nov 20, 2011
    From the minute I picked of the controller, I knew I was playing a masterpiece. Games today stick to the traditional button mashing and the same old shoot em up adventures. Skyward Sword and Zelda always does the opposite. It brings something new to the table. Holding the control and watching in amazement as the 1:1 ratio kicks in on every slice just does it for me. Along with anFrom the minute I picked of the controller, I knew I was playing a masterpiece. Games today stick to the traditional button mashing and the same old shoot em up adventures. Skyward Sword and Zelda always does the opposite. It brings something new to the table. Holding the control and watching in amazement as the 1:1 ratio kicks in on every slice just does it for me. Along with an outstanding storyline and gameplay that no one does better then Zelda, this is a must have game. 10/10 Expand
  67. Nov 21, 2011
    This is truly one of the best games of all time, not just the best Wii game, or the best Nintendo game, the best GAME. The Wii Motion Plus controls may take some getting used to at first (besides the initial calibration the infared sensor is never used) but add an extra layer of depth to the combat that other games can't even hope to match. The enemies exhibit very good AI and I was amazedThis is truly one of the best games of all time, not just the best Wii game, or the best Nintendo game, the best GAME. The Wii Motion Plus controls may take some getting used to at first (besides the initial calibration the infared sensor is never used) but add an extra layer of depth to the combat that other games can't even hope to match. The enemies exhibit very good AI and I was amazed that they managed to predict my movements so many times. Another thing about the controls is you shouldn't worry if you are left handed, I'm a lefty and I haven't experienced any problems. The graphics are more beautiful than 90% of games out there, and that is saying something being on an under powered console like the Wii. Once again Nintendo shows us that console power isn't as important as innovation, and this games has my favorite visual style in the whole series. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  68. Dec 7, 2011
    After finishing this game, I can truly say that this game is one of the best Legend of Zelda games I have ever played. I rank this game on par with my other Zelda favorites, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (although I haven't met a Zelda game I didn't like). The storyline is amazing and the musical score is one of the best I have heard! The controls are fluid and intuitive, and afterAfter finishing this game, I can truly say that this game is one of the best Legend of Zelda games I have ever played. I rank this game on par with my other Zelda favorites, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (although I haven't met a Zelda game I didn't like). The storyline is amazing and the musical score is one of the best I have heard! The controls are fluid and intuitive, and after about a 2 hour learning curve, you forget they are even there. The puzzles are challenging, but not overwhelming to where you get stuck for hours on end. While the graphics are not high definition, they fit the game perfectly and are colorful and interesting to look at. If you want an adventure game, with puzzles and challenges, where you can immerse yourself and forget about your real life troubles, then this is the game for you! Expand
  69. Nov 22, 2011
    This is game the best game on the wii. The controls are really good for the most part and it's everything you want in a Zelda game. The only thing I was a little disappointed in were the graphics. It's expected for a wii game to have bad graphics, but i just expected the colors to be more vibrant and the textures to be better. But other than that the game is perfect. Must own.
  70. Nov 28, 2011
    How can I start this review the best I can? Hmmm... how about that this is one of the best games I have ever played in my entire life? I am not just saying that because Zelda is my all time favorite franchise. I am saying this out of confidence that this game is a true masterpiece, and trust me when I say that it is. Skyward Sword isn't just a high quality game. It's a revolution. To thinkHow can I start this review the best I can? Hmmm... how about that this is one of the best games I have ever played in my entire life? I am not just saying that because Zelda is my all time favorite franchise. I am saying this out of confidence that this game is a true masterpiece, and trust me when I say that it is. Skyward Sword isn't just a high quality game. It's a revolution. To think that I would actually prefer motion controls over traditional controls. I've always been interested in the idea of motion in gaming, but still always chose traditional controls over it any day. Until now! When Skyward Sword was announced to rely heavily on 1:1 motion, it really caught my attention to think that this could be the game to show everyone what motion controls can do to improve your game. As it turns out, I was not only right about that, but my expectations were far exceeded. Everything you do in this game uses motion controls specifically in very unique ways at every turn. Skyward Sword is a game that can never be done with a regular controller. This game has officially gone from button mashing to swinging your arm, and absolutely everything in this game takes advantage of it. The puzzles, the bosses, the dungeons, everything relies on the direction you swing your sword. One of the boss battles actually requires you to swing upward in its weak spot, and if you swing from any other direction, your attack is blocked and doesn't do a thing. You'll come across enemies that will block from certain angles, but are left open to attack on the other, although it isn't as easy as swinging from that direction, because enemies will follow your movements specifically to block you. You have to try and trick your enemies into thinking you will swing from one direction, but then come at them from another. it requires great observation and strategy, and makes you victory far more satisfying. It works beautifully, I've never been so sucked into a game like this, I actually feel like Links sword is in my hand, I actually feel like the hero. The way this game uses 1:1 motion is proof that non traditional controls can really change the way we want to play games. Now that I've played this game, I actually want to play more games like it. I want more 1:1 motion games, I want to use it now more than my dualshock controller now. It has opened great opportunity to new kinds of gameplay, and Skyward Sword shows it done right. The story is the best Zelda has ever had. We finally see a romantic bond between Zelda and Link, and it strengthens the urge to find her when she goes missing. There are tons of twists that will make your head spin, and lots of great characters and moments that you will remember for ages. Although this game once again denies voice acting, it's actually an amazing cinematic experience. Character animations, in addition to the outstanding orchestrated soundtrack are stunning and great to witness. This game quite possibly has the best soundtrack a Zelda game has ever had. Right after you turn the game on, you are immediately greeted with the text narrated backstory, which plays the most epic war music you'll ever hear. The game is fully orchestrated for the first time in Zelda history, meaning the music is THAT much better. Never has Zelda music been so beautiful, and remember that we're talking about a franchise that is known for it's high quality and very memorable music. You will likely pause the game very often just because you want to listen to the music, the soundtrack is THAT good. The most debatable thing about this game, however, is the graphics. Many think that the graphics are bad quality due to not meeting todays standards of being HD, and to be honest, it doesn't matter. Because this game, in my opinion, is more beautiful than many HD games out there. Skyward Sword is a prime example that games don't need to be realistic and HD to be beautiful. It uses a fantastic and very original art style that embodies the Zelda universe perfectly, and will likely never look outdated due to its uniqueness. Do not let the absence of HD fool you, this game is actually the best looking Zelda yet. Skyward Sword has also replaced the open world with puzzle filled areas that you will revisit on numerous occasions. You won't be repeating too much, as you'll reveal secret areas that you never knew were there, creating a great sense of discovery. Although, this game has an overworld in the sky that you will be flying around using your awesome new companion. A giant bird. Epic with a capital E. And of course, on top of all this, it takes an amazing fresh approach to that awesome Zelda formula we've come to know for 25 years. It's like we always now it, but different. Zelda has shown once again why it's so critically acclaimed, and is without a doubt one of the franchises best games. Nicely done Nintendo! 10/10 Expand
  71. Nov 22, 2011
    First and foremost, you can discount any the individuals who scored this game a ZERO, few games (if any) deserve such a non-score. Now lets get onto the people who have actually played the game and as such are fairly marking what so far they have encountered...

I'm roughly 10 hours in and thus far can find nothing in which to fault. Stunning vistas, bold characters, innovative and faultless motion controls AND a beautiful orchestral score. In the last couple of month I have purchased Arkham City and Uncharted 3, both are good BUT both leave me feeling cold, Skyward Sword is another of those Nintendo games which is polished to perfection and given the added ingredient other "rival" developers cant ever replicate...that magic.
  72. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece, and it is the closest the series has come to matching Ocarina of Time since the days of the Nintendo 64. It provides hours of game-play in beautiful scenic environments. If I were the designer I would have equipped the game with better graphics and the option to use a Gamecube controller. I however will not be one of those people who takes off marks for whatThis game is a masterpiece, and it is the closest the series has come to matching Ocarina of Time since the days of the Nintendo 64. It provides hours of game-play in beautiful scenic environments. If I were the designer I would have equipped the game with better graphics and the option to use a Gamecube controller. I however will not be one of those people who takes off marks for what I think should have been included, or for hardware limitations.

If you read other reviews you will see complaints of this game being too long, or having too much dialogue. I wasn't at the meeting where getting hours of play-through time for your money was a bad thing, but it was probably where MW3 was conceptualized. If this game can't hold the attention of your 8 year old, I feel really and truly bad for you. I played Ocarina of Time when I was 8 and it gave me hours of entertainment, and never once did I become bored simply because of the need to read, or the time it took to complete.
  73. Nov 29, 2011
    Best game of "The Legend of Zelda" saga.
    This is the game the Wii was built for! All gameplay, that we suffer in other Wii games, where designed for Zelda...
  74. Nov 21, 2011
    This game definitely is one of the better Zelda games I've played.. but not the best, not by a long shot. The graphics are alright, yes they are very artistic looking, but that doesn't hide the fact that pixels are made very obvious. But hey, I can forgive graphics and graphics don't make a game (although personally TP has better graphics IMO..). The gameplay itself is as good as ever, butThis game definitely is one of the better Zelda games I've played.. but not the best, not by a long shot. The graphics are alright, yes they are very artistic looking, but that doesn't hide the fact that pixels are made very obvious. But hey, I can forgive graphics and graphics don't make a game (although personally TP has better graphics IMO..). The gameplay itself is as good as ever, but the motion controls really put a downer on it, as personally, I'm more of a button-masher than a motion controlled sword swinging guy, sorry but they just bug me, plus the motion control don't always work which is VERY frustrating! Anyway, the story so far isn't too bad, but I'd prefer a darker story like TP's, but hey-ho I'll see how it turns out (only at the 2nd dungeon so not really judging it yet don't worry). It's kind of obvious that I've set my standards high after playing TP, because after that I couldn't really get into WW or PH/ST, they were just too childish for my taste, lets just hope this isn't either! Expand
  75. Nov 21, 2011
    Featuring many of the series best ideas while bringing in an array of new ideas to the franchise; The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is fantastic.

One of the best improvements come from the control system. One of the few games to truly utilize the Wii, the fighting finally feels natural and adds some depth to the battle system, which has been a very shallow area in previous instalments. The controls also breathe life into the flight mechanic. It could have become very tedious, alike to how some took the boat in Wind Waker, however, the one-to-one twisting of the wii remote and the speed between destinations allow it to be an enjoyable part of the game, even towards the end of the game.

The best part of the game however comes with the exploration between dungeons. In previous instalments it was purely to get from destination to destination and could have been taken as pretty lacklustre (Majoraâ
  76. Nov 25, 2011
    Taking my time to play the game through first & keep an eye on the major gaming sitesâ
  77. Nov 26, 2011
    Great game, marvelous graphics, amazing story. The controls are not lagged as some people are saying, probably these people don't know how to use the motion plus. It's more of the same? Yes, it is, is more of the same awesomeness that Zelda is.
  78. Nov 26, 2011
    I am very hesitant about rating this game a 10. Its not a perfect game but its pretty close. I absolutely love some of the new features such as the stamina gauge and shield life but the new Hint system just sticks a knife in my gut. I hate spending 10 mins trying to open a door, when I know I can get the answer by reading hints on a stone or asking my guide. I hate having the temptationI am very hesitant about rating this game a 10. Its not a perfect game but its pretty close. I absolutely love some of the new features such as the stamina gauge and shield life but the new Hint system just sticks a knife in my gut. I hate spending 10 mins trying to open a door, when I know I can get the answer by reading hints on a stone or asking my guide. I hate having the temptation right there in front of me. I also have a problem with not reading the hints. I am the type of player who won't leave a stone unturned and its hard to avoid these things. The controls were pretty frustrating at first but I got it down sometime after the first temple.

I don't feel like typing out everything I love about the game........its a Zelda game....Ill leave it at that.
  79. Nov 29, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. As with almost any other franchise, it's hard to look at one game in a series without comparing or reflecting on other entries that have come previously. Unfortunately, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time seems to always be the precipice of all follow on entries of this series; being hailed as the best Zelda of all time. What players and reviewers oftenThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. As with almost any other franchise, it's hard to look at one game in a series without comparing or reflecting on other entries that have come previously. Unfortunately, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time seems to always be the precipice of all follow on entries of this series; being hailed as the best Zelda of all time. What players and reviewers often forget is that, that game too, for the most part, was a rehash of the one before it but in three dimensions. Collect three things, get the sword. Collect seven things, save the princess. It has been that design for these games that has been used for follow on entries, aside from a few exceptions. In comes Skyward Sword, a game that tries to break the mold but keep a familiar feeling to hold true to that "Zelda-esque" design. For everything that Skyward Sword does well, it has a few things that are done equally terrible. What we have here is a series that has gone from little to no story outside what was in an instruction booklet to the fullest story told in the franchise. This series is muddied by inconsistencies told throughout, until Skyward Sword. A story that within it's conclusion wraps up nicely the reason for all previous games. I will not go too far into the story in fear of spoilers, but for a fan of the series, you get that "Ah-Ha!" moment; for newcomers, it's easily followed along and makes jumping into the other games that much easier. Story: 8/10 Back in 2000, the world was shown what Zelda would look like in upgraded graphics since the time of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. A year later we were shown Wind Waker. People, myself included, were shocked; some even appalled. It took playing and seeing to believe what Nintendo was truly capable of doing with motion design and emotional storytelling. Then came Twilight Princess, the ode to Ocarina of Time. A dark dreary game told in a threatened world once again. I mention these two games because it is so hard to feel the mixing of the two together to get the graphical design we see here in Skyward Sword. An older Link in a beautifully cel-shaded world. The world is so bright and colorful, full of detail and as things move off into the distance and fade into the background, it almost looks like a Monet style painting. The art direction for this game, fits perfectly to house all of the content and people that reside in this world. It makes sense to have kooky blue haired people in a world that looks and feels like this. The gorgeous oil/guache/water color design is absolutely gorgeous. Graphics: 9/10 The controls for this game are amidst huge debate among it's fans. Almost everything is controlled with the help of WiiMotion+ to it's advantage and dismay. When the controls work, it's incredible fun to see it all being played out on the screen in front of you. It really gives you the feeling of full control. It's when it doesn't work, which is about 20% of the time, that you wish you had a standard controller. Instead of fixing their control scheme they placed a work around in the controls to reset the center of the Wii-mote. This game can be completely played without the sensor bar because it's all relative to the Wii-mote. With this in mind, I found myself not having to reset very often. It was a mindset that took getting used to because of always having to point at the screen. Is it possible to waggle in this game? Yes. If done "right" it's actually quite effective. What ends up happening if the Wii-mote is waggled too ferociously is that you have to recalibrate the motion+. After having played with these controls, however, I couldn't imagine playing a Zelda game any other way, so long as n=Nintendo keeps improving on this method. Controls: 8/10 As with almost every Zelda game out there, there is some degree of exploration. Unfortunately, for Skyward Sword, as much exploration as there is, the locales are of 4 places; granted they are huge, you feel very confined. The level design is thoughtful and intriguing, I just wish there was more of it. I am glad they got rid of, for the most part, the "overworld" design put in place by Ocarina of Time. The surface world is full of surprises and things to see and opens up more and more as you progress through the game. Unfortunately, the only reasons to ever venture down there seem like padding. This game doesn't learn that fetch quests are redundant time fillers and can be quite annoying. There's a specific time where I wanted to choke someone out in Nintendo screaming "Why are you doing this to me?!" Getting over all of the fetching, the side quests, collectibles and other additions to this game round it out nicely. It was nice to see the bug net make its return. Gameplay: 6/10 Overall, I feel like Skyward Sword was a decent entry into the series and brings about the end of the Wii nicely. Skyward Sword: 8/10 Expand
  80. Nov 24, 2011
    Skyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finallySkyward Sword is an absolutely stunning and massive adventure. The five years development truly shines through with the most beautifully presented Zelda game in a long, long time. The plot, while extremely stripped down and simple, is adorned with a plethora of lovable and engaging characters with a 'surface' to match. The upgrading system is a wonder and the challenges are finally challenging, like those in Twilight Princess. The boss battles are immense and truly feel like something epic.

The only downside? The controls can be off sometimes -- I found that putting the motion bar on top of a television solved my problems. But it's hardly noticable and if you control your motions, you won't suffer.

This is the game for the Wii and the best release in the past 10 years.
  81. Jan 10, 2012
    This is my final review of Skyward Sword after beating 100% of the game.

This is my final review of Skyward Sword after beating 100% of the game.

I have a very lengthy review that sums up the entire story and all elements of the game. However it is far to long to explain in 5000 words. Here are the most important things to know about the story: Skyward Sword occurs before all other released Zelda games. It is essentially the prequel to Ocarina of Time. Zelda is not a princess, but a childhood friend of Link's. The game explains what the Legend of Zelda is! Yes, this game actually explains where the Legend of Zelda originated from. Skyward Sword also tells the back story of the Master Sword and where Gannon originates from. Although Gannon makes no appearance in this game, you learn he is actually the Evil Will of Demise. Long story short is Demise is the main antagonist in this game and when he is defeated, he curses all decedents of Link and Zelda. Basically saying they will always be fighting his demonic will, as his will can never die. Please note, this was a very very rough breakdown of the story. Skyward Sword's story is very deep. There are many cut scenes and text boxes to read through (no voice acting, but I actually prefer Zelda games to be this way). Fans of the Zelda series will appreciate the amount of references to other Zelda games. Once again, this game will explain many things about the origins of many Zelda characters and items. If you've played Ocarina of Time, then the story alone makes this game a must have. Story 10/10.

Moving onto gameplay, Skyward Sword takes full advantage of Wii Motion plus. This means 1:1 sword movements between Link's Sword and your Wii-mote. Your right hand is Link's sword. The entire game is revolved around this and players can expect enemies and puzzles to take advantage of these controls. Enemies will block your attacks unless you attack their weaknesses. Meaning enemies will leave an angle open and you have to attack it. Otherwise, you can swing all day is never land a hit. Now these controls make for a very engaging and satisfying experience. The only drawback from this is sometimes the controls feel over sensitive. Every once in a while Link will do something you don't want him to do. Also, do not fear that you have to stand up and fling your Wii mote around. The controls do not require you to make full sword swing motions, and only require a small flick with your wrist. In all, the controls offer a very innovating and add a new experience to the Zelda series. Gameplay: 10/10

Finally, you can expect Skyward Sword to offer 30-50 hours of content. The main story will take at least 20-30 hours to beat on its own. Add in side quests, mini games, and other activities and you can add on another 20-30 hours. In my first playthrough I got everything in the game (completed all quests, got every item, found all Goddess cubes/chests, upgraded every item, etc) in just under 50 hours. Its also worth noting that once you beat Skyward Sword you are given the option to save over your file and play Hero Mode. Hero mode is basically a more challenging version of the game. All enemies do double damage and enemies never drop hearts unless you have the heart medal. The player is given the option to skip some cut scenes, and a few other perks are given to the player (eg: the Skyward Strike attack is at master sword level as soon as you obtain the Goddess Sword). ITS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT ONCE YOU CHOOSE TO OVER RIDE YOUR SAVE FOR HERO MODE THAT YOU'LL LOOSE YOUR NORMAL GAME SAVE!!!! This means if you choose to go hero mode, everything on your save will be lost in favor of the hero mode save. To avoid this, make sure you copy your file before going into Hero mode. Skyward Sword will keep you busy for months to come. 10/10 re-playability.

Some TL DR stuff:
    - 10/10 game, MUST HAVE for Wii owners
    - 7 temples
    -30-50 hours of gameplay (60-100 hours if you complete Hero mode)
    - 1:1 sword control
    - Amazing Story

*Please note I did not mention anything about the areas you will explore. It would take pages to go through all 3 areas, plus the clouds. The only thing to know is Skyward Sword is designed to include "temple elements" throughout the mainland. This means you'll have to constantly solve puzzles and defeat bad guys to gain access to new lands.
  82. Nov 21, 2011
    This game nears perfection. The impressionistic-style graphics, the epic orchestrated music, the tear-jerking story, the smooth-as-silk controls, everything in this game is nothing less than ART. Unfortunately, it's got some tiny little flaws that will be used to drag it down by the critics, but they're not really THAT important. This is not a game to be played, but a game to be appreciated.
  83. Nov 22, 2011
    Skyward Sword is the Wii game people have been dreaming about ever since the console was announced. The use of motion control is intuitive and interesting, and makes this one of the most unique and legitimately groundbreaking (if not, THE most) Game of the Year candidate of 2011. It's another wonderful entry in a legendary franchise with some actual challenge on the table as well.
  84. Nov 25, 2011
    I've played every Zelda game since 1987, so I was pretty pumped for Skyward Sword. The first warning sign was when the game required WiiMotionPlus to function. With the imminent release of the Wii U, and no other major first party games to be released on the Wii, Im left believing that the sole purpose for this is to add a secret $40 to the price tag. It certainty didn't add to any gameI've played every Zelda game since 1987, so I was pretty pumped for Skyward Sword. The first warning sign was when the game required WiiMotionPlus to function. With the imminent release of the Wii U, and no other major first party games to be released on the Wii, Im left believing that the sole purpose for this is to add a secret $40 to the price tag. It certainty didn't add to any game play. Many times during the game, it demanded a vertical swing. Simple enough, right? swing the remote in a verticle slice. WRONG! THAT WASNT FLAT, THERE WAS A SLIGHT ANGLE! TRY AGAIN!....after 30 more attempts, finally Link decides to throw me a bone and hit the target. 30 hours in, I still had to pray my wrist wouldn't snap in half from trying to direct the Possibly Polio-ridden Link to dive, or throw a bomb: both actions that we're perfect 20 years ago by the innovation of an 'A' button. If you can get past the needless, frustrating and sadistic controls, then you'll find creative dungeons, compelling-ish story (Still dont really know the justification for the first half of the game) and some good adventuring. Im just skeptical of any game where the boss can be defeated (not joking here) by flailing my limbs around for 2 minutes Expand
  85. Nov 21, 2011
    Es sencillamente perfecto, una historia que crece mas y mas, personalidades agradables, hasta zelda es genial en este juego.
    Graficas agradables, casi al limite de lo que puede la wii, pero son bonitas y agradables a la vista.
    El sistema de combate es demasiado perfecto para la franquicia, es intuitivo,divertido y lejos de ser monotono. Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues
    Aprovecha el Wii plus al 100% , logrando que despues de esto el usar un control tradicional se nos haga extraño.
    Es perfecto , bonito, banda sonora bella, con mucha accion, de los mejores bosses en mucho tiempo.
    No me encantaba tanto con un juego desde Majora Mask
  86. Nov 26, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Average User Score: 7.9
    tbd
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Image
    Skyward Sword is like the perfect mix of the past two Zelda games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The graphics and art style are reminiscent of Wind Waker but has the realism of Twilight Princess as well as some of the darker themes. I think people were caught a little off guard by this game, as even Zelda pros have to learn how to defeat foes they've defeated easily in the past. As for voice acting, it wouldn't be fitting to have voice acting. Imagine, after 25 years and for the anniversary, you finally add voice acting. I personally would hate that because I'd hate to hear a voice for Link or Zelda etc. If you have a Wii, you owe it to yourself to get this game. It's like Ocarina of Time for the modern day world. Long time Zelda fans will even get a few references to past games, something I enjoyed a lot.The only disappointment is that such a fantastic game came at the end of the Wii's life.
  87. Nov 23, 2011
    Great 1:1 motion controls, a fantastic story, great gameplay and puzzles, the overall difficulty, and the Boss battles are fantastic. I would reccomend to anyone, this is worth buying a wii for.
  88. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is, feels and plays fantastic, the visuals are great for wii, the controls are rarely out of sinc, the bosses are challenging, there is a whole bunch of RPG stuff added like item upgrades, advanced potions and limited backpack size,... There is nothing not to like about this game.
  89. Nov 21, 2011
    The Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a mustThe Wii finally gets to stretch its legs in this masterpiece. Using the motion plus to its fullest, Nintendo have pulled another amazing first-party game out of the bag. As with all other iterations of the zelda franchise, the game changes just enough to be fresh and new, while keeping enough stuff the same that you will feel right at home running across lush green fields. This is a must buy for any zelda fan, or even any wii owner! Expand
  90. Nov 23, 2011
    Best Story of any Zelda Ever. Best controls of any Zelda Ever. Best looking Zelda Ever. Suffice to say, Best Zelda Ever! A Modern Masterpiece! The second best game ever made (right behind Mario Galaxy 2). If you have a Wii - BUY THIS GAME! If you don't have a Wii then, first buy a Wii then... BUY THIS GAME! You have not lived until you play this!
  91. Nov 24, 2011
    Pretty good, at first the controls were hard to control, but it turns out there's ACTUALLY SKILL INVOLVED IN SWINGING THE SWORD. The fact that waggling to kill no longer applying made my **** day. I recommend this game highly.
  92. Nov 22, 2011
    Its the best zelda game of the series, and probably the best wii game. Good graphics, good gameplay, intense history about the origin of the master sword and use all the wii features you can desire to play.If you have wii or dont, buy it and play one of the best games of the generation.
  93. Nov 23, 2011
    one word. awesome. everything that it gets picked on for seems to be absolute rubbish to me, controls are precise, accurate and well polished, artwork is beautiful (graphics snobs can **** right off now) and the gameplay, storyline and soundtrack are beyond what I expected. plus I got it one day early down here in Australia, nearly lost my mind, and haven't been let down since.
  94. Nov 21, 2011
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    1. You've definitely NOT played the entire game, yet alone even scratched the surface of it.
    2. Don't insult the Art Style, because you know very well that If they wanted, they could've gone with more realistic TP graphics again. It's a choice, and a good one, in my opinion. 3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't
    About the reviews thus far I have a few things to say:
    3. The controls work if you know how to use them. Don't expect the game to hand everything to you. It takes a bit of practice. If I twist my wrist, Link twists his wrist. How much more accurate can it get?

So far the game is a must-own for every Wii player, has great cutscenes, great gameplay and is essentially a great evolution for the franchise. Not a single torch puzzle.
    I'd say this game is AT LEAST as good as Ocarina of Time, if not better. I'll see once i'm done.
  95. Nov 25, 2011
    best game i ever played in my life
    LoZ skyward sword is perfect
    allows exact movements with wii remote
    amazing graphics
    and just a great and enjoyable story line
    i am impressed on how the creators progressed zelda and i cant wait to see what the future holds
  96. Nov 22, 2011
    El mejor zelda?ni de coña. Si esto es el mejor zelda, entonces no se que seran Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time y Majora´s Mask, patrañas?y un huevo. Nintendo se ha dejado la pasta en la prensa para que le pongan dieces a esta mierda llamada Zelda Skyward Sword. El conjunto del juego es una jodida fusion de Wind Waker, Twilight Princess y SpiritEl mejor zelda?ni de coña. Si esto es el mejor zelda, entonces no se que seran Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time y Majora´s Mask, patrañas?y un huevo. Nintendo se ha dejado la pasta en la prensa para que le pongan dieces a esta mierda llamada Zelda Skyward Sword. El conjunto del juego es una jodida fusion de Wind Waker, Twilight Princess y Spirit Tracks, el mundo mas vacio incluso que Twilight Princess, el Boss Final mas facil de derrotar que el emo de Grihaim o como se llama, el efecto acaurela es otra mierda mas del juego, de tocarse los huevos el equipo desarrollador. Expand
  97. Nov 22, 2011
    ZELDA GAME THIS MEETS EXPECTATIONS THAT THE GREAT MAJORITY OF FANS LOOKING FOR SAGA, THE CONTROL IS VERY GOOD, history and character interaction and the appearance visual and musical, though not COMES MASTER IS OOT It alone can SHINE
  98. Nov 22, 2011
    As I sit only about 15 hours into the game I'm not in a position to write a full review of this game. What I can say is that so far the experience has been simply excellent starting with the most important aspect... the controls. Let me start by saying that there is still room for improvement as the controller doesn't always do exactly what you want it to but for the most part it works asAs I sit only about 15 hours into the game I'm not in a position to write a full review of this game. What I can say is that so far the experience has been simply excellent starting with the most important aspect... the controls. Let me start by saying that there is still room for improvement as the controller doesn't always do exactly what you want it to but for the most part it works as advertised and really adds a level of immersion to the game that has never really been part of a Zelda game before. The sword fighting is fun and they even have found clever ways to work all the Wii Sports motions we have been doing for years into the game without it being gimmicky. Bowling bombs need I say more? Another great thing about this game is the challenge. There hasn't been a Zelda game this hard since Zelda II on the NES. While this game is still not as hard as that game it is defiantly more difficult than any other Zelda and that is a most welcome change. I grew up with Zelda so I will always love it but it is nice to play a game that doesn't feel like it's difficulty was designed with 8 year olds in mind. Graphically the game is as beautiful as anything I've seen on the Wii. It may not look quite as sharp as Super Mario Galaxy 2 but it makes up for it in art direction and style. The perfect marriage between Wind Waker's Saturday morning cartoon feel and Twilight Princess's more mature feel. The music is also excellent and for the first time completely orchestrated. The story I will not go into great detail on as I have not seen it in its entirety. I will say that so far it has been one of the strongest narratives I've seen in a Zelda game yet. The emotion and character on display is unmatched in the series and Link despite being silent as always has never had so much personality as he does here. Zelda herself even makes much more of an impact then usual. I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story takes me. All in all it is an excellent title from Nintendo and worthy of the praise that has been lavished upon it. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but the 0's I've seen given to this game are just ludicrous. Don't listen to the naysayers. Even if you don't end up liking the game as much as I a doubt that you will find it to be a 0 experience. Expand
  99. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. When I was six years old I got an N64 and OoT for my birthday... to put it lightly I have a major fan of the The Legend of Zelda games since. To be blunt I was not impressed by SS. Peope have said that we who are negative of SS are blinded by our nostagla from past Zelda games, to that I agree to an extent. The Zelda franchise has been a constantly evolving series, that has change many core gameplay mechanics, but stayed true to what Zelda has always been about; adventuring the lands, finding badass items, wicked boss fights, and a deep and convaluted story that grips you and pulls you in from start to finish. Pre-N64 games aside, OoT (ALttP was fantasic for its time as well) achieved all of these elements with a high degree for its time becoming one of the first great 3D adventures. It is now the model to which all of us hardcore "Zelda fanatics" hold all future installments to. SS is a paradox, despite being hailed as the greatest Zelda game ever, it is a major step back from the progress made since OoT. Each game brings its own special flavour to the medley, and despite never being "perfect" they represent progress for the franchise. SS throws away many successful and exhilarating aspects of past games, for new greener ideas. I cannot fault Nintendo for this, for without innovation the franchise wouldn't be in the same place as it is today. Nevertheless, I dearly miss the open worlds of WW and to an extent TP, interesting races like the Gorons or Zoras, the epic boss battles that *ALWAYS* required the unique item from the given temple, and finally... you can quote me on this, "a complelling story". As a self rebuttle I did greatly enjoy the new crafting system, the development of many secondary characters on Skyloft, and the new puzzles using the Wii MotionPlus. These are keepers in the Zelda franchise as far as I'm concerned, although the sword fighting with MotionPlus was at times...infuriating. Despite this the things that made LoZ so special to me, are spat on and frankly thrown out the window as far as I'm concerned for the following 3 reasons:
    1. Adventuring: Essentially none existent - 3 seperated linear areas, and a large sky that apart from skyloft has very little to offer. In WW there was a wide open world to explore that was deeply interconnected and possible to travel at anytime, even if some islands secrets were item specific. Even the original OoT was open, and Hyrule could be travelled freely other than a free choice exceptions. The main complaint is that the progress that was made in WW and not so much in TP towards a more open and interactive world was not existent in SS.
    2. Boss Fights: Just Awful - Apart from Koloktos, the huge beast with 6 arms (who was a blast to fight I should say), and Demise, the rest get to big thumbs dowm. Ghirahim is a huge pain to fight not to mention that you battle him 3 times instead of a boss that is unique to the temple, and the rest are fairly lame. One of my favourite part of the past games was the massive boss fights and how satisfying they always were. Its not a matter of difficulty, but how satisfying it is to slay a massive beast...SS misses the mark in this category.
    3. Story: Weak - this is a very subjective category I admit, but its been said before and I'll say it again...the story of SS is awful with numerous plot holes. For one who the bloody f*** is Ghirahim! yes he is the demon lord pledged to Demise, but come on! no detailed reasons for his motives, what makes him demon lord? where does he come from? In TP there was a great backstory on Zant, his background is blurry, but it is obvious he is usurping Minda as Ganondorfs pawn and is conquering the world of light. Its easy to work out that Demise has the evil, destroy everything that is fresh and sweet goal, but some more to go on would be nice espeically for Ghirahim. In every Zelda game I've been absolutely captured by the story, with SS I could barely finish the game! I don't even wanna start with Fi...in summary I would have sold my first born child to get one chance to strangle her! To sum up, weak secondary characters, terrible races (the kwikis...come on...), far to linear and repetative plot, and most importantly a lack of connection with the world depicted in SS. I want to jump in to the world's created in Zelda! if you don't feel involved in the plight of the world why bother saving it?

Skyward Sword is a step forward for the Zelda francise in terms of controls, and systems, but 2 steps back for the key elements that any Zelda fan should sit anxiously at the edge of their seat for. SS represents a new era for the Zelda franchise, I may not like it but the 93/100 speaks for itself. Old schoolers like myself may be sidelined as Zelda moves into new, uncharted waters disregarding past innovations. I can only hope that LoZ can move forward while respecting the past by bringing about positive change, while staying true to its roots!

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.