The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii

8.0

Generally favorable reviews- based on 1925 Ratings

1. Aug 18, 2016
    By far, the best Zelda game ever. The controls are amazing. People hate the controls because the tend to swing it at a **** 250km/hr. The music is stunning, and the visuals make you orgasm. 10/10
  2. Aug 10, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best Zelda games ever made. The Wii motion plus makes combat both fun and difficult, and the game has a very interesting story.
  3. Jul 24, 2016
    I really wanted to like this game, really put forth the effort to enjoy it. Almost everything about it is amazing. The story, and especially the soundtrack just "works" with the game and the areas therein. The reason it's getting a low score is because of the absolutely worst part of the experience; The controls. I went in with a neutral opinion about them, knowing enough about it from theI really wanted to like this game, really put forth the effort to enjoy it. Almost everything about it is amazing. The story, and especially the soundtrack just "works" with the game and the areas therein. The reason it's getting a low score is because of the absolutely worst part of the experience; The controls. I went in with a neutral opinion about them, knowing enough about it from the manual. I respect Nintendo's choice, the Wii's gimmick was motion controls, and other than SS I can't think of a game I've played that did them horribly, but from the get go I had nothing but issues, and had to re-calibrate them multiple times per session (especially the swimming segments, ughh) It finally came to a head when I was doing the Lightning round, and I was on the very last boss to get the shield. I tried twice. The first time I died and it was my own fault. The second time, I got to the 8th fight, only to die with about one or two hits left because the controls went completely out the window. I calibrated the wii remote 3 times in about a minute or two, and died because despite me thrusting it forward properly (required to hit the bosses last weak point), it made Link swing left and right like a madman regardless of what I did. I cannot in good conscience give this game any positive review, a game is built not just on it's story, sound and graphics, but it's controls (at least in my opinion, your mileage may vary) the things that are the throughput from gamer to game, and in Skyward Sword, they're nothing more than acceptable when they work 100%, and atrocious if they work any less than that. Expand
  4. Jul 22, 2016
    I got this game, not sure about how I would feel. But after beating it, I love Skyward Sword. The motion controls weren't perfect, but they were precise, and very rarely did I ever find myself annoyed because of them. The items are new and unique, and I had fun using them. The game's art style is a mix of Wind Waker's cel-shaded textures and Twilight Princess's more realistic look...and II got this game, not sure about how I would feel. But after beating it, I love Skyward Sword. The motion controls weren't perfect, but they were precise, and very rarely did I ever find myself annoyed because of them. The items are new and unique, and I had fun using them. The game's art style is a mix of Wind Waker's cel-shaded textures and Twilight Princess's more realistic look...and I love it. The bosses are great, not the best, but still hold up well compared to others. The soundtrack is breath-taking. This easily has to have some of the best music in the series. The way you get around is by the use of your Loftwing. The Loftwing controls perfectly, though the sky was a bit empty. And I saved the best for last...the story. This game has a beautiful story, the best in the franchise, and accompanied with the soundtrack, makes an almost perfect cinematic feel. Expand
  5. Jul 16, 2016
    For everything this game does right, it does something wrong. There is too much focus on the Wii Motion Plus, so much so that it completely ignores the fact that the Wii Remote has a pointer. This extends as far as the menus and ranged weapons. I do like upgrading equipment and gathering gameplay elements, but swordplay is where this game suffers. For some the 1-for-1 controls work andFor everything this game does right, it does something wrong. There is too much focus on the Wii Motion Plus, so much so that it completely ignores the fact that the Wii Remote has a pointer. This extends as far as the menus and ranged weapons. I do like upgrading equipment and gathering gameplay elements, but swordplay is where this game suffers. For some the 1-for-1 controls work and others have to just get good at. For me I find it just not fun, and that's sad because I love the Zelda franchise. Expand
  6. Jul 15, 2016
    (BTW small spoilers, like very small. Like, nothing you wouldn't know after the first dungeon. Either way, you probably all ready knew them before reading this) A masterpiece. One of My favorite games of all time, my second favorite zelda game, as well as just video game in general, and the margin between it and wind waker isn't even that big. It easily has the best combat in the series,(BTW small spoilers, like very small. Like, nothing you wouldn't know after the first dungeon. Either way, you probably all ready knew them before reading this) A masterpiece. One of My favorite games of all time, my second favorite zelda game, as well as just video game in general, and the margin between it and wind waker isn't even that big. It easily has the best combat in the series, with intuitive motion controls that are fun, challenging, responsive, and immersive. The story is very emotional, with some of the best story telling in the series, Ghirahims an amazing villain, the relationship shown between link and zelda is soooo cute, and heartwarming, zelda fans will gush over all the lore given in this installment, skyloft is full of fun and rewarding side quest (BTW, give the letter to Karane, you'll know what i mean), the dungeons and bosses are some of the best in the series, It looks beautiful, it has the hands down best soundtrack not only in the series, but in video games as a whole (in my opinion) with ballad of the being goddess's my favorite zelda song ever. My only real problem was with the skydiving, but it only had to be precise enough for it to be annoying once or twice within the story,so it wasn't a problem. In the end, this is the kind of game the wii was made for. One that takes everything that we love from the series, mixes it up just enough to be different, but little enough to keep what makes it so great, and adds the most fun motion controls you could think of. If you have a wii or wii u, and a wii-motion plus controller+ nunchuck, get this game in all it's glory, you will not regret it. Expand
  7. Jul 13, 2016
    Ain't the best out of the series but don't get mad cause this is my 3rd favorite series and I gave this game a 10 so this series is AMAZING! The controls are well the story and gameplay well keep you entertained for hours upon days!
  8. Jun 27, 2016
    This game...is amazing on probaly every level. How could there be negative reviews of this game, if it's the motion controls then that's bullcrap. The graphics are breathtaking, the soundtrack is beautiful, the characters are lovable, the story was great, the puzzles were hard, and the action was awesome. Yeah the controls can be messy at times but why complain about that when there's soThis game...is amazing on probaly every level. How could there be negative reviews of this game, if it's the motion controls then that's bullcrap. The graphics are breathtaking, the soundtrack is beautiful, the characters are lovable, the story was great, the puzzles were hard, and the action was awesome. Yeah the controls can be messy at times but why complain about that when there's so much more positive about this masterpiece. If you haven't played it, do yourself a huge favor and do it. Expand
  9. Jun 22, 2016
    This is such a pretty game, the game has the best story yet. It's the beginning of it all. The graphics, lighting, puzzles and gameplay is amazing as always.
    The only things I didn't really like at all were that Link gets tired of running, climbing and fighting. I've also never really liked the Wii's controls and third, I didn't like the "voice-acting" for the game, Link is supposed to be some sort of nordic elf guy, but the sounds he makes got me picturing a very very very asian guy (like a Ninja kick or something) and the fact that Link and Zelda don't look sexy anymore and look kinda dumb.
    Besides that, this game is very cool to play, amazing story, design and gameplay. Loved playing the Lanayru Dessert.
  10. Jun 19, 2016
    Com uma utilização ótima dos controles de movimento, a melhor historia já contada em toda a franquia de The Legend of Zelda e gráficos que mais parecem uma obra de arte: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword é meu jogo favorito de todos os tempos. 300% Must have.
  11. Jun 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is a good game, but I think that the only thing missing was the essence of the previous games Zelda. Has good graphics, but there aren't compared with those of Twilight Princess. Has a good story and I was shocked when it was revealed that Zelda was the mortal reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia and also when it's revealed that the old woman was Impa (well, I suspect in a principle :v). I also liked that in this game is explained the origin of the Master Sword. It was a little more innovative than Twilight Princess with the controls of the Wii Motion Plus, with the trip by loftwing and how to save the items ("praying" toward a statue of loftwing). Also has regular mini games. Expand
  12. Jun 1, 2016
    Alright this is it... I've decided not to finish the game after the 2nd encounter with the "Big spiky monster". This thing has a name but you just end up absolutely not caring what you do anyway...
    You actually hope until that point that the game is going to be somewhat interesting but it just doesn't...
    You're just assisted, assisted and assisted again, constantly reminded to do this or that by Fi who basically knows everything you have to do... The game should have called "Fi Skyward Sword". Items collection is just pointless since making a shield is close to useless.
    And flying is soooo boring... The bird keeps falling and you just end up free falling and climbing back on the bird just to get some altitude, it's ridiculous how exploring the sky is useless and boring.
    You keep going back and forth to the exact same places...

I have a Wii U so please don't f**k up with the next Zelda Wii U please...
    Love Zelda, all of them. THIS IS NOT A ZELDA GAME.
  13. May 10, 2016
    One of the best games ever! Story, artstyle, gameplay, dungeons are all amazing! Some of the best boss fights in the series! The motion controls also work flawlessly and add new strategy to the sword-fights. Overall a must-have.
  14. Apr 23, 2016
    the legend of zelda: skyward sword é incrível, uma obra de arte, a jogabilidade funciona muito bem, lutas contra bosses divertidas e bacanas menos as batalhas com o aprisionado que chegam a ser repetitivas puzzels e dungeons bem produzidos trilha, sonora maravilhosa, personagens bem feitos o gráfico é bem bonito.
  15. Apr 22, 2016
    me encanto, mi juero favorito, supero por muchoa ocarina of time, ecepto en la historia pero en lo demas por supuesto que si, el control funciona a la perfecccion, nintendo son unos genios al adaptar el wii remote al el juego, las graficas de lo mejor, y al fin hay una tienda y no millones de tiendas inutiles, ahora zelda es mucho mas dificil que antes ya que la inteligencia artificial deme encanto, mi juero favorito, supero por muchoa ocarina of time, ecepto en la historia pero en lo demas por supuesto que si, el control funciona a la perfecccion, nintendo son unos genios al adaptar el wii remote al el juego, las graficas de lo mejor, y al fin hay una tienda y no millones de tiendas inutiles, ahora zelda es mucho mas dificil que antes ya que la inteligencia artificial de los enemigos es la mejor, los admiro nintendo por tan maravilloso juego Expand
  16. Apr 1, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda has been modernized to be supportable for the Wii console and Nintendo sure did a blast to fix us up a modern Zelda game on the Wii.
  17. Mar 24, 2016
    70% of Zelda fans hate this game, some love it, and some think it's just okay. I am one of those people who thinks it's just good and nothing better. Let's start with the story. This game has the most story in any Zelda game. It's not complicated like Sonic 06, Kingdom Hearts, or Metal Gear Solid 4, but it contains character development and it's pretty long. The main point of criticism of70% of Zelda fans hate this game, some love it, and some think it's just okay. I am one of those people who thinks it's just good and nothing better. Let's start with the story. This game has the most story in any Zelda game. It's not complicated like Sonic 06, Kingdom Hearts, or Metal Gear Solid 4, but it contains character development and it's pretty long. The main point of criticism of this game is the motion controls, and it's something you can either love or hate. But as for me, I have mixed feelings toward them. The controls can either be excellent or the bane of your existence. If you swing the remote casually, you will have fun with the controls. However, if you swing the remote like a maniac, then the controls will kick you in the butt. Now, the soundtrack. It's good, but it's pretty forgettable. and some tunes are just... blegh (Lanayru Mining Facility, anyone?) The graphics are extremely ugly in my opinion. I just hate the art style so much. However, I like the story and I like how linear the game is. This may be a turn off for some, but after playing the original Zelda, this is a godsend. The story is filled with likable and memorable characters, and the bosses are just amazing. (Except the imprisoned, f*** that boss.) In the end, this game is good, but nothing special in my opinion. Expand
  18. Mar 16, 2016
    Amazing game! The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is one of the best games in the series, for the wii, and even all time!
    It has some of the best dungeon design in the series, with notable standouts being Ancient Cistern and Sandship, and one of the new developments they took with this game- having the overworld feature puzzles in the vein of metroid, worked really well too. The game features some truly wonderful areas, from the pleasant Faron Woods, which is jam-packed with things to explore, to the vast Sand Sea, which is one of the most creative examples of level design I've seen in any game. The sky is also awesome- I find it funny when people complain about it being empty. ITS THE SKY!!! What did you expect?? It does have the occasional island, but thats all I expected of it. The main overworld where all the intsersting secrets and such is on the surface! The main hub area, Skyloft, is also great and filled with side-quests to do inbetween the main game.
    One of the biggest new features of the game is its full use of 1:1 motion controls. Other than occasionally having to recalibrate, they work fantastic! It was such a joy to have Link's sword swings match up with yours, and this made for some awesome sword fights, even with smaller enemies. The game's combat now has an added layer of depth and strategy- you have to watch your enemies movements and hit them a certain way.The boss fights are also a blast, and make excellent, creative use of the motion controls. Ghirahim, Demise, Levias, and Koloktos are the highlithgts. There are also some really awesome moments in this game, like scaling soaring desert cliffs with the clawshots, speeding through an ancient shipyard on mine carts, flying through the vast sky on your loftwing. The Silent Realms, which are a new addition to the series, are also awesome, and do a really good job of scaring the sh*t out of you!
    The story is very well done- this is one of the most story-driven zelda games, with a more extensive use of cinematic cutscenes and a strong narrative. Without any spoilers, its great, and works as a great set-up for the series. There are some really emotional moments, and its filled with great, unique characters. Groose is awesome! He gets his own story arc which even leads to some surprisingly emotional scenes. Even Link is more expressive this time! This is the best depiction of Link and Zelda in the whole series in my opinion. Yes, this is more linear than most zeldas, but it allows for a very cinematic, story-driven experience while still feeling like an actual video GAME.
    The music in this game, while not quite living up to other 3D zeldas, is outstanding and varied. The soundtrack ranges from epic orchestral pieces, to catchy rural tunes, to oriental-inspired themes, and all in all its fantastic.
    One of the best things about this game is its sheer creativity and vision. They really wanted to create a unique experience, and succeeded in every way! From new, incredibly creative game mechanics like the time-shift stones, to the revolutionary motion controls, the new items, to all the new additions they've added to the zelda formula. Also, some of the ideas and designs are so imaginative its crazy!! For example, there's a large sequence in the game where you hunt down ancient robot pirates on an invisible japanese-style ship across a sea of sand using stones that send you to the past. It doesn't get much more creative than that, and its incredibly awesome to witness! Overall, Skyward Sword is a truly awesome game, and the people who don't like it are, most often, ignorant fools who either A) have wireless internet in the vicinity interfering with the motion controls, B) don't know how to use motion controls (the vast majority), C) are nostalgia-blinded morons who say "ooh, its too linear...", or D) are Sony and Xbox fanboys.
  19. Mar 10, 2016
    Skyward Sword had a lot to ride on it. And it definitely lives up to the hype. Nothing truly describes the art that is the Skyward Sword. As the game that must serve the role to tell the beginning of a legend, and a game that must continue a legend, Skyward Sword absolutely absorbed me into it's story, it's world. Nothing has ever been like it. And I don't think anything will ever be like it.
  20. Mar 3, 2016
    An instant classic. Everything is vibrant and beautiful, from the story to the wonderful breathing world it creates. If you can't handle the controls, it's not the controls problem, you probably have to get good at it. No more auto-targeting arrows with Z for you mister.
  21. Feb 25, 2016
    I played in a friends house, I fall in love with the game and I bought the console. At the beguinnin I felt the story mode sort of easy but after have finished it I played it in hero mode and it was amazing. I enjoyed hours and hours.The best game in that gen.
  22. Feb 24, 2016
    ai esta o jogo que fica empatado em primeiro de melhor jogo de todos os tempos, que é. the legend of zelda twilight princess. o skyward sword foi um jogo bem inovador da série, sem falar na criatividade de criar uma cidade no céu.
    o jogo presenta diversas qualidades como: ótima história, jogabilidade ótima, vários personagens, escudos que quebram com uma certa quantidade de danos e sua linda trilha sonora. fico em duvida de qual é melhor, se é skyward sword ou twilight princess, pois cada um ganha em uma coisa.
  23. Jan 14, 2016
    I skipped Twilight Princess so can't compare but this game is not worth the money or the hype in my view. Odd design choices like a run meter and dodgy motion controls (just unsheathing your sword is ridiculous) make combat and exploration a chore, while the story is just not very interesting. I'm glad they are trying new things but ultimately they tinkered too much with core playI skipped Twilight Princess so can't compare but this game is not worth the money or the hype in my view. Odd design choices like a run meter and dodgy motion controls (just unsheathing your sword is ridiculous) make combat and exploration a chore, while the story is just not very interesting. I'm glad they are trying new things but ultimately they tinkered too much with core play mechanics and not enough with story, character and the way the game unfolds. Expand
  24. Jan 4, 2016
    I picked this game up not knowing what to expect, i heard people say it was the worst Zelda game ever made and some say it was a masterpiece. Really i am in the middle. I loved the animation and the characters. But when i played it i just did not get the same feeling as i did with other Zelda games, and yes i dislike the motion controls. The story is meh and the boss fights are boring onI picked this game up not knowing what to expect, i heard people say it was the worst Zelda game ever made and some say it was a masterpiece. Really i am in the middle. I loved the animation and the characters. But when i played it i just did not get the same feeling as i did with other Zelda games, and yes i dislike the motion controls. The story is meh and the boss fights are boring on the most part. Loved koloktos though, But facing ghirham and the imprisoned over and over was boring to me. Expand
  25. Jan 1, 2016
    Ouch, Zelda Skyward Sword is the worst zelda i ever played... I'm fan of the series since A Link to the Past on SNES, i loved every title until Skyward sword... I had high expectation after loving Twilight Princess (i'm not comparing both!) and i was extremely disappointed in Skyward Sword, the only thing i enjoyed was doing sidequest in Skyloft, the game was so tedious, you were alwaysOuch, Zelda Skyward Sword is the worst zelda i ever played... I'm fan of the series since A Link to the Past on SNES, i loved every title until Skyward sword... I had high expectation after loving Twilight Princess (i'm not comparing both!) and i was extremely disappointed in Skyward Sword, the only thing i enjoyed was doing sidequest in Skyloft, the game was so tedious, you were always going back to place you already been, i really gave up on the game and i was more than halfway through... I did not enjoy the orchestrated ost, i'm really hoping the next zelda on wii u will make up for SS. Expand
  26. Dec 15, 2015
    para mi fue un juego visualmente una obra de arte graficamente es mejor que twilght princess jugablemente es mejory su historia es hermosa un juego que donde los pozzles son de lo mejor de los ultimos tiempos
  27. Dec 13, 2015
    even though Skyward Sword has many this I like it also has a lot of I despise. the good things are as follow the dungeons are great, the motion control is functional, some of the bosses are sweet (specifically Koloktos) and the graphics are in my eyes fit the most with the tone of Zelda. but there are also a lot of things I dislike, some of the bosses are stupid, the motion control whileeven though Skyward Sword has many this I like it also has a lot of I despise. the good things are as follow the dungeons are great, the motion control is functional, some of the bosses are sweet (specifically Koloktos) and the graphics are in my eyes fit the most with the tone of Zelda. but there are also a lot of things I dislike, some of the bosses are stupid, the motion control while functional felt gimmicky, the game is so linear (it´s called a Action/adventure game for a reason), the dowsing is dumb, the flying is boring and Fi (I could go in detail but everyone already did). overall it´s a good game that many people will enjoy but it´s just not my cup of tea Expand
  28. Dec 11, 2015
    By far my favorite video game of all time! It has an amazing story, incredible gameplay, and of course AMAZING MUSIC, I would say the music is best in the series. seriously I can't recommend this game enough!
  29. Dec 7, 2015
    Seriously this game is just amazing, mainly the gameplay with the FANTASTIC dungeons and the new additions to the zelda series, the saires, the item management (in general, how and where you use your items, the customization,etc..), AND THE BEST OF ALL THE SWORDHANDLING (it is so fun, I think it's one of the most immersive games in history). The strory is also a decent one, with explainingSeriously this game is just amazing, mainly the gameplay with the FANTASTIC dungeons and the new additions to the zelda series, the saires, the item management (in general, how and where you use your items, the customization,etc..), AND THE BEST OF ALL THE SWORDHANDLING (it is so fun, I think it's one of the most immersive games in history). The strory is also a decent one, with explaining partially how the zelda universe began, with some cool characters. the music is also very good, it seems that it is just a little bit too quite (or subtile ?) for some heavy metal fans (no hate I actually like heavy metal). The only thing I have to complain about (in comparison to the other Zelda games) is the lack of side-quests-and-characters, the 3 areas that you visit during your adventure, in contrast to the overworld, are very desert, and have litteraly no life in it, no side charachters that you spend some time with. But seriously who gave these bad scores to the game ? I think personnaly that they are some lazy people (again, no hate i'm lazy too, hope you understand) who want to complain about everything, even about things that are not complainable (like the controlls of this game)
    , no serioulsy start criticising your own physical (or mental, both are in most cases relied) handicape that makes you inable to move your arm properly, and actually enjoying this game.
  30. Nov 30, 2015
    amei, simplesmente o melhor jogo que eu já joguei até hoje, tem uma linda história, um jogo muito bem feito e criativo, o jogo usa todo o poder dos controles com wii motion plus, o jogo também tem uma linda trilha sonora, recomendo pra quem gosta de jogos de aventura e goste de muitos segredos dentro do jogo.
  31. Nov 6, 2015
    A great entrance to the Zelda series. The movement controls are quite innovative, the graphic style is beautiful, the soundtrack follows the line of the series, is still very good. The problem is the exploitation of the scenario, which is very unexplored by producers. The Sky is so empty that is tedious fly by him. Zelda Skyward Sword is a obligatory game for the Wii.
  32. Nov 3, 2015
    Almost on par with Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, but the gimmicky wii motion controls can be troublesome at times, especially in the most dire situations.
  33. Nov 2, 2015
    The best game ever made in my opinion. From the instant i turned it on couldn't turn it off by far the best game on the Wii a must have for any adventure fan.
  34. Oct 21, 2015
    Best game of 2011 by far and my second favorite Wii game and Zelda game of all time. The controls work almost flawlessly, the story and characters are fantastic, sure there are flaws no game is perfect, flying can be a bit frustrating at times, having to recalibrate the wiimote can be a little annoying, not to me though, but the positives outpace the negatives by too much, this games isBest game of 2011 by far and my second favorite Wii game and Zelda game of all time. The controls work almost flawlessly, the story and characters are fantastic, sure there are flaws no game is perfect, flying can be a bit frustrating at times, having to recalibrate the wiimote can be a little annoying, not to me though, but the positives outpace the negatives by too much, this games is amazing, 100% recommended if you own a Wii or WiiU. Expand
  35. Oct 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The legend of zelda skyward sword is in my opinion the best wii game and one of the greatest games of all time. Right from the beginning you know the game will be incredible. The stunning cutscenes in the first hour in the game are mind blowing and suck you into the world of skyloft and for the first time in a while it makes you care about the NPCs in skyloft. The big issue people had with this game had to be the motion controls. Well to put it bluntly it was either you or the controller because the controls for me worked perfectly. The story starts off a bit slow but its still great. Zelda invites you to the statue for some flying practice before the ceremony but your bird is nowhere to be found you then confront a bully named groose who actually hid your bird, you find it win the ceremony but zelda gets sucked into a tornado to the surface after you wake up Fi guides you to the statue you get a sword and begin your adventure. The surface is divided into faron woods, eldin volcano and lanayru desert with multiple challenges in ecah but that will be too long to explain. Just play it Expand
  36. Aug 17, 2015
    This is the worst Zelda game. That doesn't mean it's a bad game though, since Zelda does set the bar pretty high. I'm mostly turned off by how uninspired it is. Instead of someone saying "I have a great idea for a new Zelda game," it feels like someone said "we need a new Zelda game for the Wii, so what can you come up with?" The story is the same old boring crap about how you're the heroThis is the worst Zelda game. That doesn't mean it's a bad game though, since Zelda does set the bar pretty high. I'm mostly turned off by how uninspired it is. Instead of someone saying "I have a great idea for a new Zelda game," it feels like someone said "we need a new Zelda game for the Wii, so what can you come up with?" The story is the same old boring crap about how you're the hero of destiny who has to fulfill a prophecy. Every single item in this game is based on an item in another Zelda game. And Navi doesn't hold a candle to how obnoxious your sidekick is now. As a testament to how sloppily this game was thrown together, it was released with the most glaringly fatal glitch that has ever been seen in a Nintendo game. I'm sure the developers were all very embarrassed by how badly this reflects on them.

One thing that annoys me about this game is that it was advertised as going at the beginning of the "official Zelda timeline." I could write a whole other review about how stupid that timeline is and how I wish they could just treat Zelda like many other highly respected series like Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem by accepting that the games don't have to be connected in their storylines. Anyway, since I was expecting this game to be set at the very beginning, I kept my fingers crossed in hopes that they wouldn't start the game off with the Wind Waker Zelda trope of having hieroglyph-like murals explain the ancient historic conflicts that occurred long before this game. And sure enough, that's exactly how this game starts. And the game is full of references to the distant past, like with the admittedly cool mechanic of having time shift stones reveal the world of 1000 years ago. It's full of ancient things because the makers of this game don't know how to do things any differently, but also because I'm sure the decision to put this game at the beginning of the timeline came after the game was already made and so the writers were not part of that conversation. Minish Cap explains the origins of Link's hat, so if you want Link to have his signature hat in the game you better put it after Minish Cap in the timeline!

To be fair, I do appreciate the few new things they tried with this game, like the stamina bar and the limited inventory space. But the problem is that both of those things serve to limit what you can do and so are perceived as nothing but an annoyance! Players want to feel empowered rather than stunted, and so those new features fall flat on their face. And speaking of empowerment, I'm sick of the Zelda story trope of having your every move be predetermined as part of some prophecy, which is hit harder in this game than any other. I'd like to carve my own destiny, thank you very much.
  37. Jul 29, 2015
    Just a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    iiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllll masterpiece.
  38. Jun 27, 2015
    This game is not a good game. Unlike every other Legend of Zelda game, this 'game' uses spotty, imprecise motion controls to control Link's sword and Harp. This results in a lot of pain and annoyance, as the Harp is rendered almost unusable. There's also no 'classic control' option, so you are stuck with the fricking motion controls.
    The Imprisoned is also very cheap, and thus very
    The Imprisoned is also very cheap, and thus very annoying; he can climb on the second encounter, and fly on the third. In a circular arena, this is absolutely stupid, as he can easily, easily gain an advantage, as Link cannot fly; this is compounded by the next stupid design decision.
    The limited stamina gauge. No other Link has this distinction, so why should this one? The limited stamina means that you cannot run all around to your heart's content, as Link gets tired. This also limits how often you can use the spin attack, a move that has been weakened from previous (and future) games. The limited running also makes the Imprisoned fights worse, as you have to catch up to him (sometimes needing to run to an air gust to be blown to the higher level) while fighting the limited stamina. This is absolutely stupid.
    The Silent Realm is also very stupid, as first Link has to use the Harp (which uses the flawed motion controls, as stated above). Once in, Link has none of his items, and fails if touched by a Guardian. As soon as you step out of the initial ring, the Guardians awake and hunt Link down. Sure, they're put to sleep if a Sacred Tear is collected, but taking too long, being caught in a spotlight, or even touching Water all results in them waking up again. If Link's damaged by a Guardian, he has to start ALL OVER AGAIN - only missing one Tear? TOO BAD - YOU NEED TO COLLECT THEM ALL AGAIN.
    The fact that the same basic mechanic (collecting Tears to progress) was present in Twilight Princess, and was done infinitely better in said game (no Guardians, no time limit, no extra bullsh), is shameful.
    The method taken by the game to upgrade shields, items and potions is absolutely annoying, especially when it comes to the rarer materials (such as Blue Bird Feather and Goddess Plume). These materials are a pain to get, and obtaining bugs is also a nuisance, as they can fly away and ruin your enjoyment.
    Lastly, tomboyish Zelda is not a good Zelda; be more like your Twilight Princess or The Wind Waker counterpart, and be quiet and meek.

Skyward Sword should not be considered a 'perfect' or 'near-perfect' game; its many, many flaws (many of which were not present in The Wind Waker or Twilight Princess, nor in A Link Between Worlds) prevent it from being a 'fantastic' game. All the stupid flaws listed above relegate Skyward Sword to a 4/10.
  39. May 31, 2015
    nota 9,5 Un control perfecto
    nota 9,5 Un control perfecto
    Zelda skyward llego a la wii para demostrar el potencial de la consola, el uso del wiimote en su perfección y una ves mas nintendo demuestra por que es la reina de la innovaccion creando un entretenido y único uno de los grandes de wii bueno, quiero hablarles de los puntos negativos del juego, demasiado lineal nuevamente el mismo problema que tenia twilight princess, se pierde mucho el tema de exploración en el juego y para los jugadores avanzados se les hace muy fácil lograr los objetivos demasiado tutorial en el juego te explican hasta lo mas sencillo y eso quita mucho tiempo de juego, esta bien que nintendo quiera entrar a las nuevas generaciones a la saga zelda y es un buen juego para empesar con esta maravillosa franquicia pero para los mas veteranos se nos hace un poco tedioso lo que es el tutorial vamos con los puntos que me maravillaron del juego, mazmorras para mi son una de la mejores de la saga zelda, con puzzles muy entretenidos que explotan el wiimote al máximo una gran
  40. May 22, 2015
    Skyward Sword takes place long before any other Zelda game. Link lives on a floating island called Skyloft along with (non-princess) Zelda, who gets swept away by a tornado. Now Link must venture to the surface to rescue her (the story is deeper than it sounds). There are three large fields: forest, desert, and lava. You traverse a single dungeon in each of these (which don’t feel asSkyward Sword takes place long before any other Zelda game. Link lives on a floating island called Skyloft along with (non-princess) Zelda, who gets swept away by a tornado. Now Link must venture to the surface to rescue her (the story is deeper than it sounds). There are three large fields: forest, desert, and lava. You traverse a single dungeon in each of these (which don’t feel as secluded as in past games) and then return for a second one. The sense of adventure is great as you explore the game’s colorful world. This game has ample new features added to it: upgrading equipment using materials you find, swinging the Wii Remote in varied directions to slash your enemy in that direction (think you look stupid or not, it adds another layer to the combat), discovering miniature floating islands as you fly on a Lowftwing, etc. I understand the mixed opinions on this game, but I believe that most of its changes were for the better and I’d have to say it’s the best Zelda yet. I played it for around 68 hours and really enjoyed the majority of it. Expand
  41. May 19, 2015
    This is hands down my favorite Zelda game of all time. This game looks fantastic with it looking like a mix of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The controls were great too with the Wii Motion Plus and it really makes me feel like I'm wielding the Master Sword. This game has really brilliant dungeons and for once, the Water Temple doesn't suck! My favorite part of this game is the storyThis is hands down my favorite Zelda game of all time. This game looks fantastic with it looking like a mix of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. The controls were great too with the Wii Motion Plus and it really makes me feel like I'm wielding the Master Sword. This game has really brilliant dungeons and for once, the Water Temple doesn't suck! My favorite part of this game is the story and character development. This game has an incredibly compelling plot and it would still feel like a Zelda game all the way through. When it comes to character development, you actually have a reason to save Zelda, other than her just being the damsel in distress or something. If I can describe this game in one word, it would be "Masterpiece". This was a perfectly fitting game to come out in the franchise's 25th anniversary. Expand
  42. Apr 26, 2015
    I loved this game, but oh my god the amount of people around here just ripping IGN here makes me want to cry. Come on people, you're making us look bad,
  43. sdc
    Apr 17, 2015
    **** those idiots who hate this game for no other reason than to promote hatred for the Wii, THIS is how you do it. Engaging story, immersive graphics, beautiful music, tight controls, and the best level design of all time, THIS is rightfully the best game ever.
  44. Apr 5, 2015
    For everything this game does right it does five things wrong. One of the laziest games Ive ever seen by definition. Reused worlds, reused temples, reused bosses, a three hour prologue, and a completely empty sky simply there to make the game last longer. This might not be the worst thing ever made but it is by far the worst Zelda game there is. But more importantly, it's just unforgivably lazy.
  45. Apr 1, 2015
    The fact that this game has a 7.9 user rating suprises me. I am not a veteran Zelda player, skyward sword was my first Zelda game, so I have no idea how it compares to other in the series. That being said, this game is amazing. The story, the characters, the pacing are all perfect, however the gameplay is where it shines the most. Using the motion controls of the Wii, skyward sword makesThe fact that this game has a 7.9 user rating suprises me. I am not a veteran Zelda player, skyward sword was my first Zelda game, so I have no idea how it compares to other in the series. That being said, this game is amazing. The story, the characters, the pacing are all perfect, however the gameplay is where it shines the most. Using the motion controls of the Wii, skyward sword makes you feel like you are actually swinging a sword, using a bow, controlling objects and many other things. This game is the best game I have ever played. Expand
  46. Mar 22, 2015
    I've never played a game with such fantastic controls and gameplay as this. Skyward Sword amazed me at every turn from its thrilling story to its shocking plot twists (does that count as a spoiler?) and its Wind Waker-esque art style. Skyward Sword takes the best from all the Zelda games (except for the three-day cycle, that is) and makes it bigger and better than ever before. The combatI've never played a game with such fantastic controls and gameplay as this. Skyward Sword amazed me at every turn from its thrilling story to its shocking plot twists (does that count as a spoiler?) and its Wind Waker-esque art style. Skyward Sword takes the best from all the Zelda games (except for the three-day cycle, that is) and makes it bigger and better than ever before. The combat is improved and the motion controls add new life to an already great franchise. Skyward Sword is one word: outstanding. Expand
  47. Mar 22, 2015
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was only finished by me because it had "Zelda" in the title, but had it been a title of its own accord I would have taken the disk out and snapped it in half. Let me be clear, the game is beautiful, has a marvelous story that any Zelda fan will love, and the dungeon design is remarkable. However, one glaring flaw looms over any light this game has, andThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was only finished by me because it had "Zelda" in the title, but had it been a title of its own accord I would have taken the disk out and snapped it in half. Let me be clear, the game is beautiful, has a marvelous story that any Zelda fan will love, and the dungeon design is remarkable. However, one glaring flaw looms over any light this game has, and that is Nintendo's mistake in pushing Wii Mote motion controls down our throats with gimmicky, frustrating, counter-intuitive gameplay mechanics.

Skyward Sword is the genesis story of Hyrule, Link, and Zelda. According to Hyrule Historia, it is before any other Zelda entry we have played yet, and it'll likely be the earliest chronological entry for awhile. Thus, it is exciting to see how the world was before the Hero of Time, Winds, Seasons, Ages, etc. Without spoiling anything I'll say that this is a prequel done right, building up all Zelda games and establishing even more rich and satisfying lore for Hyrule. Although the motion controls can be agonizing, I did feel rewarded when I was able to witness another cutscene and discover more of the story Nintendo had to tell.

This story is told by following a young lad, Link. Our hero resides in the Skyloft and through a series of unfortunate events must take up a sword and head to the Surface below. This sword can then be used to defeat enemies by waving your Wii Mote side to side, up and down, diagonally, or by jabbing it forward. Certain enemies such as the plant-monster "Deku Baba" have slits in their mouth, either horizontal or vertical and you must slash your Wii Mote in the correct motion to cut along the groove and vanquish the beast. This battling system is carried over to other enemies, sometimes with more grace and other times with excruciating precision. The problem is is that for some enemies failure to swing your sword in the correct path results not only in a miss, but also damage to yourself. This damage can be extreme in a boss fight and turn the tides against you at crucial moments. It was quite a shame that I was unable to switch to a more traditional control scheme to maneuver through the game. I felt no connection with Link or any increased immersion. On the contrary, I felt disconnected and angry at times when the game should have been simple.

Graphically the game is held back by the Wii's standard definition technology, but Nintendo uses the blurriness and lack of pixel density to create a water-color art style that makes the game visually bearable and a little less dated. Several times I was in awe at the beauty of a landscape for the water-color effect seems to magnify for environments farther away. However, I did find myself fantasizing of how it could be even MORE beautiful in high definition. Perhaps in the future.

The music of Skyward Sword is genius. Like Ocarina of Time and other 3D Zelda titles, melodies and scores drive the plot forward, and Skyward Sword does this very well. I remember playing one specific moment in the game where a melody played uniting a previous Zelda theme with a tune found within Skyward Sword, creating a whole new masterful composition. After tedious controls through perilous dungeons, I received a musical reward that made me say "This is a magical moment that makes the game worth it."

That's what Skyward Sword is. At the end of the day, it is magical and worth it. I had said that the only reason I finished it was because it had "Zelda" in the title. Some would say that is a silly reason to keep playing, but for those that know what having "Zelda" in the title truly means, then they know there is a lot of weight to that reason, and the power in that does outweigh the controls and dated graphics. If you are a Zelda fan there should be no doubt that you must play this entry. It will enhance your knowledge of Hyrule lore, allowing you to dwell even deeper into other Zelda titles. If you are not a Zelda fan or haven't experienced Zelda yet - do NOT start here. It may be the first chronological Zelda, but it shouldn't be the first you play. Play the previous 3D Zelda's first and then return here. The others are masterpieces, this is just good.
  48. Mar 16, 2015
    Die Steuerung war zwar gewöhnungsbedürftig , auch die Grafik , aber der Soundtrack (Orchestral *.*) , die Dungeons und die Bosse + Ideen waren überragend , auch Ghirahim konnte ich etwas abgewinnen ^-^
  49. Mar 13, 2015
    To everybody who hates on this game for being linear and having motion controls really make it worth giving a 0. If you want to see what a zero looks like check out Big Rigs over the Road racing. This game is not perfect but it does so much right at the same time that it can be forgiven. First of all the motion controls for me worked 95% of the time. I don't know why some people had such aTo everybody who hates on this game for being linear and having motion controls really make it worth giving a 0. If you want to see what a zero looks like check out Big Rigs over the Road racing. This game is not perfect but it does so much right at the same time that it can be forgiven. First of all the motion controls for me worked 95% of the time. I don't know why some people had such a problem getting them to work properly. The only real flaw that this game has is the companion Fi. She is just so annoying spouting exposition and pointing out the painfully obvious. But story wise she works great Expand
  50. Feb 9, 2015
    Quick, Fi! Summarize the cut scene I LITERALLY watched less than 1/2 a second ago! Let's explore the same places 7 million times! Where is the eye I need to hit?
    Good game.
  51. Jan 22, 2015
    Skyward sword a fantasitic game:

Skyward sword a fantasitic game:

I just need to say the controls in skyward sword were not bad guys they were actually very responsive and the combat was really cool cause it meant that every fight was like a chess game reacting to what the enemy did and reacting upon the action your enemy took. i reallyyyyyyyy like the combat that also made the bossfights very cool i especilly liked the giantrobot which named has escaped my head right now.

I agree tht t took som getting use to but when you or at least when i did i truly felt that i was the great hero who was send on a questwielding the skyward sword in my hand. i know some might think that this game had no exploration which might be true i didnt really bother me cause i was so driven by chaacters cool gameplay and a fatastic story. Also i think that the way they made the game by not only focussing on dungeons but also the land sorrunding them was fantastic and made me explore a far more great area than just a dungeon.

I also really liked the side mission which made me learn a lot more about some of the best charecters the zelda series had to offer while taking me on quest which were generally exciting and made me explore.

The puzzels in this are also fantastic made so they're not cheap (so you ge stuck and) but stil quite interestin/demanding of the player.

The places you wentwere also amazing and place were unique which made you feel like you were treversing great distances and added to the feeling that you were and a epic journe.

It always felt like i was on an adventure which is what i want from a zelda game and i never felt frustrated in this game it always made me want to keep going because of all the things i ave listed. I really love this game and i get a feeling playing this game which none other can recreate. I even like this game more than ocarina of time a lot more actually, this game is truly a masterpiece.

Ps: shooting with bow and arrow in this game is the best thing ever espesially when you snipe an enemy from a long distance :3
  52. Jan 21, 2015
    I beat the first temple (thats enough to judge the game i believe) and the game is good. Solid story, big map, decent art style, eh....ok characters. The bright colored world is different but probably most similar to wind waker if i had to choose anyway the game has good intentions but what really got to me were the motion controls. The motion controls are very annoying and difficult. ThisI beat the first temple (thats enough to judge the game i believe) and the game is good. Solid story, big map, decent art style, eh....ok characters. The bright colored world is different but probably most similar to wind waker if i had to choose anyway the game has good intentions but what really got to me were the motion controls. The motion controls are very annoying and difficult. This zelda had the worst controls of the entire franchise. The controls is what lowered the score of this game for me. Nintendo is a great company and what is cool about them is that they are always trying something new and succeed a lot but sometimes you fail. That being said everything besides the controls are solid so i believe my score is reasonable until i play the game more Expand
  53. Jan 18, 2015
    I really liked the motion control this game offered. It made me feel much more immersed into the game.
    A blast game to try it out!! The story, plot are so well written. A master piece.
    I truly like it that you can upgrade your items by collecting materials that are spread out in the world. It makes me feel upgrading myself all time by upgrading.

A master piece.
  54. Jan 17, 2015
    It amazes me how every Legend of Zelda game has been an incredible masterpiece. There is nothing bad I can say about this game. If you own a Wii, you have to own this.
  55. Jan 11, 2015
    I'm just going to cut to the chase, This game honestly kinda sucks. If it wasn't on the **** console in recent history then things could have been FAR different but as it is the controls are wonky thanks to the fact that you have to reset your freaking controller every few minutes just so that you can actually freaking play the game. The graphics are decent but they are blended with aI'm just going to cut to the chase, This game honestly kinda sucks. If it wasn't on the **** console in recent history then things could have been FAR different but as it is the controls are wonky thanks to the fact that you have to reset your freaking controller every few minutes just so that you can actually freaking play the game. The graphics are decent but they are blended with a bubblegum bright color scheme to hide the fact that the wii was a cheap piece of **** barely capable of producing graphics on par with the gamecube.

My biggest gripe with this game is that every aspect of it seems to be marketed towards children. All of the things that made Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask so amazing are completely absent in this game. The dark brooding atmosphere and creative enemies and bosses are replaced with neon bright colors and almost friendly looking foes, Not to mention the fact that there are like. MAYBE twenty people in the floating city that you are protecting and the fact that the freaking zoras are replaced with TALKING SEAHORSES.

This game is just plain **** and I never even bothered to finish it.
  56. Jan 11, 2015
    Skyward Sword is a fantastic game, and my personal favorite in the series. The elegant and engaging control system is what makes this game my most cherished in the series. The dungeon and puzzle designs are top notch, and the boss fights are thrilling. The art style is beautiful and unique. There are some minor flaws such as the occasional control hiccup, a general lack of meatySkyward Sword is a fantastic game, and my personal favorite in the series. The elegant and engaging control system is what makes this game my most cherished in the series. The dungeon and puzzle designs are top notch, and the boss fights are thrilling. The art style is beautiful and unique. There are some minor flaws such as the occasional control hiccup, a general lack of meaty exploration (likely due to the limitations of Wii hardware), unpolished graphics in some places and some backtracking, but overall the game is a masterpiece. 11/10. Expand
  57. Dec 27, 2014
    The game is perfect. The controls are great,the story was awesome,the art style was beautiful, and everything else was great a awesome game. The one bad thing Fi but only during the first part. Still i love the game as much or more than Ocarina of Time.
  58. Dec 7, 2014
    Controls are awesome. Visuals and story are best in the series. Sure it's a little more linear but I think it a change for the best. Stop reading this review and go buy it, it's not very expensive on half.com or Amazon.
  59. Nov 27, 2014
    Zelda Skyward sword was a game that was meant for Wii U but rushed to be sold on the Wii console, that's the only possible explanation, since it showed elements that had enormous potential, yet snowballed in the small but relevant aspects of a Zelda game, being the worst Zelda I've ever played so far and the only ones i still haven't played are the ones on Phillips CDI.

The story:

The story: Filled with the new Japanese trend where the evil guy belittles the hero only to find himself being beaten at the end. But besides that it still keeps a Zelda-ish story.

The World: A world you want to explore yet you find yourself walking around small stages-like maps with some puzzles that unlocks an item in another map that you have visited hundreds of times(ridiculous), with the exception of the desert map(that was an awesome fresh map). The concept of an explorable sky world was awesome but it was so empty and monotonous that exploring it didn't give me any satisfaction.

The assistant: Useless, annoying, it's like one of those MTV shows were they test how long can you keep your cool before raging making her the hardest boss of the game. Not only it will interrupt you in the middle of a fight breaking your "immersion", it will do it to inform you about trivial things or things you already know.( PS: She also spoils all the puzzles in the game.....a game that consists about puzzles and exploration)

The Menu: Was decent.....until you reach the part where you start picking up items to upgrade your equipment... Who was the genius who thought it was a good idea to show you the menu and the explanation every time you turn on the game and pick one of those items?? If you are in the middle of a fight and a monster drops one of those you will not only see the classic pick up animation, but also be taken to the collectible items menu where they will show you what you collected.....

(I'm not implying they should make the puzzles harder to solve, but to actually give the player a chance to think of a solution, instead of having the assistant playing the role of a tourist guide immediately.

The items: Really liked the scarab one, it really made full use of the wiimote, the whip was so-so since it was pretty much a fancy grappling hook. The other items didn't add anything new to the game except that new interaction with the bomb.

The mount: Funny to use, but only available in two maps which is kind of sad, also you cant use your items while you are mounting it....

The final boss: Didn't even face him, Phi, the true final boss beat me after the "final boss" opened the portal to the final battle.

So to the people who gave this game a good rate and dare to criticize those who disliked it should go back to all the other Zelda and play them once again.

It didn't feel like a Zelda.

No interesting side quests, extra items and stories
    Lack of puzzles( since Phi spoils them)
    Lack of open world elements

1/10 as a Zelda

3/10 as a Game
  60. Nov 27, 2014
    One thing I loved about this game is how they took Zelda into a new direction. At first I did not think the motion controls would work; but it really works for this game! I had a few problems here and there however; they were very minor so it did not ruin the true experience. For game-play wise it was fine although I still prefer the GameCube remote. It may not be my favorite Zelda title;One thing I loved about this game is how they took Zelda into a new direction. At first I did not think the motion controls would work; but it really works for this game! I had a few problems here and there however; they were very minor so it did not ruin the true experience. For game-play wise it was fine although I still prefer the GameCube remote. It may not be my favorite Zelda title; nevertheless you should still give this a try. Expand
  61. Nov 22, 2014
    I have a bunch of small complaints but the big one is the motion controls. It's an interesting idea but it makes fighting simple enemys very difficult. So think about it, do I wanna play a video game or do I wanna get sword fighting lessons?
  62. Nov 21, 2014
    This game is like a mad scientist's experiment to create the worst possible Legend of Zelda game. Vast, explorable words? Take that out, and put in clunky flying to get anywhere. Awesome monster, boss, and level designs? Nah, replace that **** with repeating dungeons, recycled bosses (you literally fight two bosses twice), and very few monster types.
    Vast arsenal to collect and use? Hah,
    Vast arsenal to collect and use? Hah, how about a limited inventory that can only be expanded by collecting thousand of rupees to have a slightly less tiny inventory? Oh, you also have to farm for items like a Monster Hunter game to improve your items...except you're walking as slow as you can with a bug net to catch one bird. That's fun right?
    But the real fun comes with the combat. And by fun, I mean swinging, and getting ticked off that the controller doesn't pick up what direction you're swinging in. And you thought Navi was bad? Wait until you get to meet Fi, who makes her look like a pleasant walk in the park.
    Top all of this off with a dash of fetch quests, a sprinkle of escort missions, a dallop of glitches, and a heap of dungeons just to get to the actual temples, and you have yourself a bafflingly disappointing LoZ game. At least with Wind Waker, I can understand why people enjoyed it while I personally didn't. With this game, I honestly can't see what people even like about it.

The music is nice, though.
  63. Nov 16, 2014
    This game had potential. Good storyline, decent maps, and a cool new way for transportation. After you stop drooling from all these great new features let's get into the needy greedy. Nintendo tries to implement their motion plus. This makes it really annoying. You will be constantly trying to level it again and again making it difficult to control. This game makes you use thisThis game had potential. Good storyline, decent maps, and a cool new way for transportation. After you stop drooling from all these great new features let's get into the needy greedy. Nintendo tries to implement their motion plus. This makes it really annoying. You will be constantly trying to level it again and again making it difficult to control. This game makes you use this feature by controlling your transportation, sword, and many other aspects. Not cool, especially when fighting enemies. I think I got half way in the game and haven't picked it up since. I'm sure I would have had a better experience if Nintendo gave me a controller option.

-Game_Row
  64. Nov 2, 2014
    This is a Wii game everyone must have! It's amazing in every single aspect. I'm talking plot, graphics, atmosphere, bosses, and Kikwis!
    Well done Miyamoto, Nintendo!
    Oh and Warning: Be prepared for Kolotos!
  65. Oct 31, 2014
    This was the first Zelda game I ever played. I was amazed by how fun it was. When I first got the wii, I remember playing wii sports resort fencing, and saying that I wish there was an entire game based off this mechanic. On Christmas my brother got this game and it just sat there. One day I played it and had a ton of fun. the motion controls worked fine I have no idea why people dislikeThis was the first Zelda game I ever played. I was amazed by how fun it was. When I first got the wii, I remember playing wii sports resort fencing, and saying that I wish there was an entire game based off this mechanic. On Christmas my brother got this game and it just sat there. One day I played it and had a ton of fun. the motion controls worked fine I have no idea why people dislike them. it is like no other game. Now I love the Zelda series. I have played almost every game in the series and this is still one of my favorites. A must play. Expand
  66. Oct 28, 2014
    Don't listen to bad reviews, they're just pissed because of the motion controls and more linear structure, but that doesn't make this game any less a Zelda game. The motion controls work great, and the story, while not the strongest in the series, it's quite good. Same with the music, it's great.

Going into the stuff this game does right, there are the dungeons; this game has easily the strongest set of dungeons in the series and the bosses are as good as Ocarina's and Twilight's. It also has the best characters and character development, with a Zelda that you actually care about. The game is colorful and it's one of the best looking games on the Wii. One worry I had was that it would overuse the motion controls like most Wii games, thankfully it doesn't.

Now, for what the game did wrong, it feels kind of linear because you go back to the first three areas twice, the difference each time you go back is that you explore new regions. People use this as an excuse to say that it's linear, but it's just an illusion. The other major thing I have issues with is Fi, she is by far worse than Navi. This are all just little complaints that don't really affect much the experience.

This is a must play if you have a Wii, and remember, don't listen to the bad reviews.
  67. Oct 28, 2014
    Fantastic game. The Wiimote control aspect is intuitive and adds to the gameplay experience. Overall I found the controls fluid and responsive, just like a Zelda game should. Enemies are designed around this mechanic, each one with their own particular system, a mini-game within a game. The puzzles are engaging but not too difficult. The graphics are commendable considering the limitationsFantastic game. The Wiimote control aspect is intuitive and adds to the gameplay experience. Overall I found the controls fluid and responsive, just like a Zelda game should. Enemies are designed around this mechanic, each one with their own particular system, a mini-game within a game. The puzzles are engaging but not too difficult. The graphics are commendable considering the limitations of the Wii. Sure, the lack of anti-aliasing is fairly obvious, overall, I am willing to overlook this because everything looks so darn beautiful. More importantly, the art direction is fantastic. The sound is what you come to expect from the big N, perfect. It gets better and better with each generation. Some really nice orchestral pieces really add to the atmosphere. The story is fairly well written and serves as the linchpin for the entire series, good twist at the end too! I struggle to understand how you could rate this game a zero. I am admittedly a fanboy of the series so I am biased, but I think that it is a disservice to assign this game such a low score. I give Skyward Sword 9.6 out of 10. Expand
  68. Oct 15, 2014
    This is the only Zelda game I ever bought that I resold to a used video game vendor. To learn that this game had so many high reviews was just baffling to me. The wii controls made me want to pull my hair out. Yeah it made fights more challenging but I always liked the feeling of knocking back a ton of enemies and feeling a step above all of my opponents. The fact that even battling aThis is the only Zelda game I ever bought that I resold to a used video game vendor. To learn that this game had so many high reviews was just baffling to me. The wii controls made me want to pull my hair out. Yeah it made fights more challenging but I always liked the feeling of knocking back a ton of enemies and feeling a step above all of my opponents. The fact that even battling a goblin was a tiresome task made me want to throw the game away before it ever started. I admit the flashy cutscenes are really truly enjoyable but if that is what gives this game it's high ratings than it truly defines where we put our value in videogame quality. Fi felt like a dripping faucet and a nagging girlfriend who did everything but actually help me. There is absolutely no exploration with this game either. Worst Zelda game ever and I truly hope Nintendo doesn't repeat this model or zelda games might very well be ruined for me forever. Expand
  69. Oct 13, 2014
    The controls easily turn this game into a must-play. There is nothing more satisfying other than using the Wiimote as a real sword and fighting the enemies in this game. There are equipment upgrades as well as many sidequests, definitely a lot of content. Nevertheless, the story is quite bland, which is a shame for a Zelda games. Also, boss fights seem to be re-used way too much in thisThe controls easily turn this game into a must-play. There is nothing more satisfying other than using the Wiimote as a real sword and fighting the enemies in this game. There are equipment upgrades as well as many sidequests, definitely a lot of content. Nevertheless, the story is quite bland, which is a shame for a Zelda games. Also, boss fights seem to be re-used way too much in this game. Still, it's a game that has to be experienced by everyone. Expand
  70. Oct 12, 2014
    I have played every zelda game so far. I am a huge fan of the series, but this may be the worst one in my opinion. My main objection is with the combat style. The sword follows the wii remotes movements. You have to swing at the openings in the opponent's defense. The angle of the swing is very important and I just can't control it properly. When i wind up for a backhand swing, LinkI have played every zelda game so far. I am a huge fan of the series, but this may be the worst one in my opinion. My main objection is with the combat style. The sword follows the wii remotes movements. You have to swing at the openings in the opponent's defense. The angle of the swing is very important and I just can't control it properly. When i wind up for a backhand swing, Link just swings forehand right into the enemies' block and then staggers backwards. Its clumsy and frustrating. Everything else is good and the flying system is great. But overall I have lost interest and don't think i will ever finish the game. Expand
  71. Sep 11, 2014
    My first 100% playthrough of the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, was an experience I will never forget, for all the right reasons. This game is simply beautiful in just about every aspect that it's trying to do. I loved it so much that I did a 2nd 100% playthrough just a few months afterwards. #3 is right around the corner. The motion controls are the best that the Wii has to offer and itMy first 100% playthrough of the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, was an experience I will never forget, for all the right reasons. This game is simply beautiful in just about every aspect that it's trying to do. I loved it so much that I did a 2nd 100% playthrough just a few months afterwards. #3 is right around the corner. The motion controls are the best that the Wii has to offer and it executes perfectly your WiiMotePlus movements and Link's sword movements are a perfect 1:1 relationship. The dungeons are the best that the series has to offer, everyone of them is a joy to travel trough and none of them were a chore, tedious, or down-right frustrating. (OOT: Water and Forest Temple, MM: Great Bay Temple, TP: City in the Sky) It's linear design will turn off the explorative type of player, and Fi (your partner) can get a little annoying every now and then, but those are very small negatives from what is overall a masterpiece!
    This, in my view, is the best 3D Zelda game ever made!
  72. Sep 6, 2014
    A great game! One thing i didnt like, was the art style. I mean it was cool, but i think it wasnt good enough. That beeing said, its a really good zelda game!
  73. Sep 4, 2014
    This was the first Zelda game i played in my life, and it became the best game that i have ever played. Clearing the dungeons was very interesting and fun. Ending was emotional and music was awesome. the bad thing i felt about this game was that sometimes the control doesn't go as what i expected. and it was annoying fighting with tower-like monsters and some with electric weapons. butThis was the first Zelda game i played in my life, and it became the best game that i have ever played. Clearing the dungeons was very interesting and fun. Ending was emotional and music was awesome. the bad thing i felt about this game was that sometimes the control doesn't go as what i expected. and it was annoying fighting with tower-like monsters and some with electric weapons. but overall, i spent 50 hours of unforgettable adventures, and the wii is worth its money just for this game. 10/10. Expand
  74. Aug 24, 2014
    Man, this game is epic! You learn the history of the Master Sword, history of Ganon (Demise) and why Link and Zelda are appearing in every Zelda game but in different times. Anyways, the story was epic, graphics were really good (I liked Twilight Princess's and Wind Waker's crossed graphics) and I didn't have any problems with the gameplay.
  75. Aug 24, 2014
    Skyward Sword is a fine example of experimenting with expectations with the long-standing Zelda series and represents a wonderful experience to enjoy.

It is important to realize that the game does use motion controls and such the control scheme should be taken into account if you desire the game or not. Score wise, the control scheme is irrelevant as long as it works. Skyward Sword

Skyward Sword works well with the wii motion plus. The combat is not mindless button pressing or waiting for openings as it has been in previous Zeldas. Just as Twilight Princess and Wind Waker offered a secondary means to engage the player in battle so does Skyward Sword by turning all enemies into mini puzzles. By doing this, each encounter and enemy is different and brings a different threat. Bokoblins that have shock sticks are more dangerous to attack without caution then those with wooden sticks. Giant Moblins with steel shields cannot be aggro'd like their wooden shield brother's by breaking their shields as the steel shields cannot be broken by the sword. Though timing is not gone thought, blocking no longer is simply holding a button. It now requires timing to use successfully and without damaging your shield. By giving shields a health bar, the player must also be mindful with blocking too. By allowing the player to fully interact with their enemy instead of pressing a with openings allows for the player to feel directly connected with the combat. Also by making combat more puzzle oriented instead of simple button pressing, the combat feels much more mindful and deliberate. Now there are flaws with this system, it is very slow compared to earlier Zeldas. The player cannot get the same flashy combos as in previous games and cannot dispatch enemies so easily as before. And for fans of having very fluid combat, this more slow-paced but mindful puzzle combat might be tedious.

Exploration is Skyward Sword's weakest aspect as the game is very linear. While you can explore within the set paths to temples and areas, their isn't much blowing up holes and finding secrets as in previous games. However, the game world does feel more cohesive in comparison unlike the very empty worlds of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, which had very compact areas of secrets and treasures with large swaths of nothing. Both types of world and exploration has their charms but also their flaws, so if you really enjoyed the random searches in those previous games, the secrets in Skyward Sword will be a bit on the easy side for you.

The music is beautiful as always with some nice homages hidden in some songs and the story is fabulous with some of the best character building in the series to date. Skyward Sword is undoubtedly, in my humble opinion, one of the greatest Zeldas to date. It is a wonderful game that offers a wonderful experience.
  76. Aug 20, 2014
    Many people out there loathe this game, i however love it. This is a game that pretty much splits into two sides, you hate it or you love it. The 3D Zelda's suffer the fact that they have to be compared to Ocarina if they manage to be good Zelda games, which i find highly unfair.

Skyward Sword has a really good story that explains the origins of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf and has probably one of the best ensemble of characters in a Zelda game. The game also has the most like-able Zelda in a Zelda game since probably Wind Waker. You ACTUALLY care if you save Zelda this time and that is a huge plus considering the series is called The Legend of ZELDA. Ghirahim is an awesome villain. His eccentric movements and attitude make him very fun to watch and when he has to fight, he can fight. Groose is actually a very good supporting character as he grows and becomes more mature as the game goes on. Fi is one of the worst sidekicks Link has had, but she is a very good character when it comes to story.

The gameplay is Motion-Control Zelda. The controls work great. It isn't perfect, but it never seemed to interrupt my experience with game. The dungeons are extremely well done and designed (The Sandship is one of the best dungeons in a Zelda game) and the bosses are awesome (Koloktos). The visuals are beautiful and the soundtrack is excellent.

The game however suffers when it comes to exploration and even though you can go wherever you want, there is nothing worth finding and the landmarks you go to are very small. The Sky is big and large, but you have to go down to land to make it worth exploring by finding certain blocks. Some of the fetch quests are very annoying and makes certain levels drag out far more then one would think. The Imprisoned really could have been shortened down to 2 fights instead of 3.

Skyward Sword is an amazing game and one that gets a lot of hate for no reason. If you have a Wii, there is no reason not to pick this up as it's worth every penny. It's shortcomings are very minute in comparison to the rest of the game and it's something you definitely should have in your library. It is one of the those games you need to play for yourself to see if you love or hate the game.
  77. Aug 6, 2014
    Skyword Sword is a prime example of why you can't trust critic reviews for a blockbuster game. 93 Critic Metascore, 7.9 user score.

Skyword is the retarded, bastard son of the Zelda series. It had lofty ideas that were poorly implemented. First, using the Wii-mote Plus was so frustratingly cumbersome because the Wii was just unable to detect it accurately. That was essentially the only reason the boss fights were any challenge at all. It felt like I was playing the QWOP version of Zelda. It would've been much better with a GC controller.

The story was decent, but Zelda games are never about the story. Skyward Sword has some of the worst dungeons of all Zelda games. If its puzzles were twice as smart, they'd still be grossly stupid. In terms of gameplay, SS was basically the CoD equivalent of adventure games--it was very linear. You go from point A to B to C without much of any thought. Gone were the brilliant puzzles of OoT and LttP. Skyward Sword's dungeons all felt 1-dimensional.

The game was also tediously long. Getting from any place to another required minutes of flying in the sky, which didn't really add anything to the gameplay. Being able to teleport between owls would've fixed that. Lastly, the songs (with the exception of Fi's Theme and the Gate of Time) were quite repetitive and annoying.

Criticisms out of the way, it was still a decent game. It just was nowhere near the level of its predecessors.
  78. Aug 6, 2014
    This game, aside from a legacy (and slightly quirky) control scheme, is an absolute perfect game from start to finish. Building on a proven formula, Skyward Sword takes previous titles like the Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time and throws in some needed new dynamics to keep it fresh. A must have.
  79. Aug 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Although I generally do favor Zelda games I had a hard time with this game. It was difficult to see where this story fit in until the official timeline came out and then it was a little easier to accept that Zelda wasn't the princess, there is only 1 goddess as opposed to 3, there's no master-sword etc.

Still the controls with the wii-mote felt TOO sensitive for aiming and swinging alike and I didn't like the gameplay as much overall. The art style was definitely better in twilight princess as well as was the story and pretty much everything and I'd much rather play that. The music in Skyward Sword was still good though and the bosses were challenging, the temples were fun and the new items were cool but overall it was just a meh game for me.
  80. Jul 29, 2014
    Easily the worst Zelda game ever created, it has a mediocre boring storyline, it's the same dungeon solving except made tedious. I did not even finish this game, it brings nothing new to the series besides gimmicky controls. There is not even a left handed version! Link being left handed and they didn't even bother to make a mode for lefties. Truly a failure, don't waste your time.
  81. Jul 22, 2014
    The critics on this site should be ashamed for the way they review stuff. Why is it that every single Zelda game regardless of whether it is a good game gets a 90+. This game was pretty fun, but it does the typical **** that Nintendo loves to do in Zelda games now where a huge part of it is just stupid filler garbage. I never beat this game, but I got to dungeon 6 and realized that all IThe critics on this site should be ashamed for the way they review stuff. Why is it that every single Zelda game regardless of whether it is a good game gets a 90+. This game was pretty fun, but it does the typical **** that Nintendo loves to do in Zelda games now where a huge part of it is just stupid filler garbage. I never beat this game, but I got to dungeon 6 and realized that all I had to look forward to was a crappy dungeon where you use mole claws as a tool to enter into some weird mini game where link tunnels around. Then after that you backtrack through all the old areas and collect pointless items like tad tones. I saw the ending and it was cool, but not worth going through a bunch of post game garbage that shouldn't have even been included. Expand
  82. Jul 22, 2014
    Fun Portrayal of the main characters and passable story, but for something in the action adventure category there us a surprising lack of adventure in the 3 areas you go to which get recycled and rehashed throughout the game. For Pete's sake they flood the forest for the water segment? Did anyone honestly enjoy those design choices? How about the unresponsive controls that most of theFun Portrayal of the main characters and passable story, but for something in the action adventure category there us a surprising lack of adventure in the 3 areas you go to which get recycled and rehashed throughout the game. For Pete's sake they flood the forest for the water segment? Did anyone honestly enjoy those design choices? How about the unresponsive controls that most of the people had, and slight lag or these control issues may not seem like an issue but if every basic enemy has a direction based blocking mechanic it makes the fight against them an exercise in futility. So far from the zelda formula it isn't even funny. Beating bosses with the item found in dungeon, only 3 bosses follow that of the listed 16 in the game (on zelda dungeon). Of those 16, 7 of them are slow and clunky sword fights, 3 are fighting imprisoned, 3 are fighting Ghirahim, and 1 of them is Tentalus (boss at the end of the dungeon has nothing to do with the mechanics at all in said dungeon). The combat itself is far from fun, it has you jumping through a hoop for nearly each enemy because most of the time you are left waiting for the hoop to be at the right height to jump through it. Random flailing of the wiimote as you walk into enemies was more effective at taking out the enemies than engaging in combat was. To me that doesn't sound like an effective system, when having no strategy is preferred over actually using the new mechanics, but the things such as motion delay made that impossible so the best method was to literally make your sword unpredictable by flailing to confuse the computer without lock-on to greatly reduce the chance of them blocking it. Link may be a sword fighter but that isn't what defines his character, his use of a variety of weapons is what makes link such a liking character, becoming a swiss army knife of a character, but this game takes that away. Few item have multiple uses let alone any use given a combat situation and given the new rpg elements introduced are interesting such as crafting or scavenging, but they fall short when the items crafted have such a limited window of use. Don't forget that there is a always dowsing mechanic that tells you where to go, testing your ability to point at the screen instead of actually making you think. Now it was fun seeing more of a relationship between link and zelda, but unfortunately the game did the exact same as tetra from wind waker, upon finding out that they of importance to the plot they immediately lose all sense of character. I did not enjoy my play through of this game nor do I recommend it to people. Expand
  83. Jul 11, 2014
    A really great Zelda game, it's super fun with tons of extra content. Sadly there is A LOT of backtracking. However during my first time playing it I didn't notice the backtracking. The second time I really noticed it though. The relationship between Zelda and Link is fantastic, the storytelling is great and the world is colourful bright and beautiful. However, there are a few things thatA really great Zelda game, it's super fun with tons of extra content. Sadly there is A LOT of backtracking. However during my first time playing it I didn't notice the backtracking. The second time I really noticed it though. The relationship between Zelda and Link is fantastic, the storytelling is great and the world is colourful bright and beautiful. However, there are a few things that are not very well programmed such as thw trees looking like paper. If you're looking for a very story driven Zelda title, I suggest you play this game. If you're looking for something that's a bit freer in terms of where you can go, I suggest A Link Between Worlds. Expand
  84. Jul 8, 2014
    Favourite game in the series. Loved the motion controls, made the game so immersive. Played it right through with my girlfriend (she watches) and it was her fav Zelda too. Good story, graphics and fantastic music and gameplay.
  85. Jul 7, 2014
    Like most zelda games, this is a masterpiece. The game starts slow but packs in plenty of character progression and story, then takes you on an epic quest. With fantastic motion controls and an incredible art style, this game will suck you in and not let go until it's over.
  86. Jul 5, 2014
    I am giving this game a 7 for admittedly selfish reason of I couldn't finish the game. Not because of gameplay...gameplay was awesome no doubt about it. I'm giving this a 7 because Fi ruined every aspect of my experience. OMG this character is the most annoying thing ever. She wouldn't shut up about her unnecessary statistics about things we can figure on our own. Worst of all, I couldn'tI am giving this game a 7 for admittedly selfish reason of I couldn't finish the game. Not because of gameplay...gameplay was awesome no doubt about it. I'm giving this a 7 because Fi ruined every aspect of my experience. OMG this character is the most annoying thing ever. She wouldn't shut up about her unnecessary statistics about things we can figure on our own. Worst of all, I couldn't just mute the game to avoid her nonsense because Fi would pause my battles for her to give obvious adv---SHUT UP I DON'T CARE!! I want to strangle this person who pitched Fi to be included in this game. Expand
  87. Jul 1, 2014
    look, i believe that this game is good, but it is just not for me. this game is too slow in the beginning and doesn't go faster after that. some of the characters are SO annoying. Zelda, Groose, Fi. I'm not lying that the first world took me 6 HOURS. in this game (just as any other zelda game) you can collect items for potions, and if you collect it for the first time they explain it toolook, i believe that this game is good, but it is just not for me. this game is too slow in the beginning and doesn't go faster after that. some of the characters are SO annoying. Zelda, Groose, Fi. I'm not lying that the first world took me 6 HOURS. in this game (just as any other zelda game) you can collect items for potions, and if you collect it for the first time they explain it too you as usual, BUT EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU TURN OFF THE GAME AND COLLECT AN ITEM AGAIN IT TELLS YOU AGAIN WHAT IT DOES. this get to you frustrated really fast. i got so mad that i didn't came further than half the second world. the music also feels.............not that great, boring too be honest.
    i'm sorry but this game is just not for me.
  88. Jun 26, 2014
    Out of the 4 zelda games I played, this one is my favorite. The game is beautiful, the puzzles were creative, there is not one dungeon in the game I hate, the combat worked nicely, the story progresses nicely and never halts like in other zelda games, and I rarely ever get stuck. Some might say the puzzles are easier and the game shoves every piece of information down your throat twice.Out of the 4 zelda games I played, this one is my favorite. The game is beautiful, the puzzles were creative, there is not one dungeon in the game I hate, the combat worked nicely, the story progresses nicely and never halts like in other zelda games, and I rarely ever get stuck. Some might say the puzzles are easier and the game shoves every piece of information down your throat twice. But let me ask you something. If you are just walking around trying to figure out what you have to do and trying every possibility, is that fun? Its not is it. Many people criticize this game for being different, but its different in a good way. It took everything that made zelda great and made it better. I give this game a 10 out of 10 and nothing, I repeat, NOTHING anybody says will change that. Unless its the new E.T. (One more thing. Let this serve as a warning, no spoilers. There is a section in the game where you go to three different places in any order to retrieve something. Don't go to the desert first. There is a bug that will stop your game from progressing.) Expand
  89. Jun 19, 2014
    Great game. It took me two playthroughs but I warmed up to it. I found the sidequests and overworlds underwhelming, and all the backtracking that's involved gets a little annoying. Other than that it's a solid edition to the zelda franchise
  90. Jun 12, 2014
    This game is my personal favorite from the Zelda-series. Why? The gameplay is freaking fantastic. I enjoyed the motion controls a lot, even though most of the time you just shake the remote pretty anticlimactically. And the story is amazing! Manly tears have been shed, especially in the ending. I totally recommend playing this game if you have a Wii, and if you're a die hard Zelda fan, andThis game is my personal favorite from the Zelda-series. Why? The gameplay is freaking fantastic. I enjoyed the motion controls a lot, even though most of the time you just shake the remote pretty anticlimactically. And the story is amazing! Manly tears have been shed, especially in the ending. I totally recommend playing this game if you have a Wii, and if you're a die hard Zelda fan, and don't have a Wii, go buy a Wii and play this masterpiece. Expand
  91. Jun 11, 2014
    The fact that The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword may not be as good as Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker and A Link to the Past (IMO) and yet still scores a perfect "10" from me, is a great sign of showing how amazing of a series The Legend of Zelda franchise is and Skyward Sword really does soar.

Pros: -Amazing Atmospheres and locations, probably some of the best in the

Pros:
    -Amazing Atmospheres and locations, probably some of the best in the series.
    -Nice bright and beautiful graphics. (Twilight Princess' Dark visuals were overrated anyway)
    -Cool unappreciated motion controls that give you a great feeling of using your very own sword.
    -Great story.
    -Beautiful Music.
    -Fun dungeons with creative puzzles.
    -Cool items and features.
    -Nice references and cameos of things that are from other Zelda titles.

Cons:
    -Holds your hand too much
    -Fi is more annoying than Navi in my opinion
    -Felt Linear when compared to other Zelda games
    -A lot of forgettable characters

Overall I loved Skyward Sword, you really should play this game because Nintendo poured their heart and soul into this game. I know that I listed a few cons here, but really if you try to ignore them then you will find this to be a fantastic game. Buy it now!
  92. Jun 9, 2014
    Its a cool game...just too slow and linear...too much fetch questing between dungeons...but other than that pretty good.
    Motion controls are great, unlike the general consensus that they're crap because the E3 demo screwed up...
  93. Jun 5, 2014
    This is probably the best game you can get for the Wii. Legend of Zelda will always be great games, but being able to actually swing that sword with your arm is one of the most satisfying feelings you will have. I had exponential amounts of fun playing this game, and I know I'll play it again in Hero Mode.
  94. May 27, 2014
    I'll start this review by saying that, while I've enjoyed a number of games in the series, I wouldn't generally consider myself to be a huge Zelda fan. Having heard virtually nothing but positive reviews for this title since its release however I purchased Skyward Sword hoping it would top all the previous games. This may not be the popular opinion but I was left bitterly disappointed as aI'll start this review by saying that, while I've enjoyed a number of games in the series, I wouldn't generally consider myself to be a huge Zelda fan. Having heard virtually nothing but positive reviews for this title since its release however I purchased Skyward Sword hoping it would top all the previous games. This may not be the popular opinion but I was left bitterly disappointed as a number of issues meant I failed to garner much enjoyment from the game.
    Chief amongst these issues is the tedious opening three to four hours in which the majority of the time is spent listening to characters explain the world in far more detail than is necessary rather than just letting the player explore for themselves. I've never played a game where I found myself wishing that NPCs would just stop talking and let me get on with things quite as much. During this time it also becomes clear just how important HD has become to a games visuals. I'm not someone who is usually too fussed about how a game looks but Skyward Sword looks particularly ugly in places, especially when compared to the gorgeous cel-shaded graphics of The Wind Waker. The much hyped motion-controls, while better than the majority of Wii titles, are also as frustrating as ever in places.
    There are of course plenty of examples of the usual Nintendo magic to be found throughout the game and Zelda fans will likely be pleased with what they find but this won’t do anything to attract gamers previously uninterested in the series.
  95. May 9, 2014
    na minha opiniao esse é o melhor the legend of zelda de todos os tempos o game é muito épico eu
    tambem acho que ele é o melhor jogo do mundo eu do a nota maxíma para ele 100 de 100
  96. May 1, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a great game. With a long story, fun gameplay, and high replay value, the game just feels fun compared to older games. However, that being said, unlike the classics, Skyward Sword lacks any real challenge and puzzle that would take more than 10 minutes to complete. The story is good, not great. It does tie in a lot of the series. The gameplay is highlyThe Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a great game. With a long story, fun gameplay, and high replay value, the game just feels fun compared to older games. However, that being said, unlike the classics, Skyward Sword lacks any real challenge and puzzle that would take more than 10 minutes to complete. The story is good, not great. It does tie in a lot of the series. The gameplay is highly enjoyable with the Wii Motion plus and is very satisfying. The graphics, although, not realistic by any means, do work for the game. Instead of realism, it's replaced with art. The entire world when viewed, looks like a piece of art which does replace any desire for realism.

However, the thing that really draws me back is the child-ish nature to the game and the easiness to it. Something I wish Zelda would start doing is making the games darker. Make the game more realistic. Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask are great examples of ways to do it, without making it very violent. Also, compared to older games, I never found myself stuck in one spot very long. Majora's Mask took me almost a year to complete when I first started playing it. Ocarina of Time took even longer. Now, this does make the game more relaxed, family friendly, and enjoyable, but when I'm playing Zelda, I want puzzles and a great story.

Overall, it's a good game. Worth buying. Would I say it's amazing by any means? No.
  97. Apr 28, 2014
    I like the plot and characters but i really don't like the graphics or controls. This game does get frustrating sometimes. The temples are also a little to easy and short.
  98. Apr 26, 2014
    I really like this game but the repeated boss and silent realms stop me from being able to enjoy it all the way. I have no horror tolerance at all and the anticipation of replaying those things makes me nearly unable to go on and replay it.

I never had problems with the control or admittedly more JRPG-like overall design that I couldn't look past. The most I can say to people looking at this is don't expect it to be as perfect as the marketing or fanboys would have you believe.
  99. Apr 3, 2014
    This is the reason to buy a Wii. Skyward Sword not only utilizes but it masters the motion controls of the Wii using motion plus, and accompanied by a compelling and amazing story full of twists, it manages to create a completely new Zelda game, while sticking to its roots. In my opinion this game could well be the greatest Zelda game of all time, or even the greatest game of all time.
  100. Mar 29, 2014
    Sure this game is on Aging hardware, but the art style is beautiful. It's a nice distraction from all the games trying to look realistic. The puzzles are great and the boss battles introduce a new level of strategy when using the perfect motion controls. The story was wonderful and Hero Mode is truly a Challenge any Zelda Fan will like. No hearts and all the enemies doing double theSure this game is on Aging hardware, but the art style is beautiful. It's a nice distraction from all the games trying to look realistic. The puzzles are great and the boss battles introduce a new level of strategy when using the perfect motion controls. The story was wonderful and Hero Mode is truly a Challenge any Zelda Fan will like. No hearts and all the enemies doing double the damage. The music is invigorating and the items are used more frequently than pass Zelda Games. In Twilight Princess you get the spinner and only use it for one dungeon and your basically done using it for the rest of the game. In Skyward Sword, almost every dungeon requires that you use most of your items. This Game is far superior to Twilight Princess in every way. People only liked Twilight Princess because of the art style, not the game itself. Skyward Sword, Wind Waker HD, and Four Swords Adventures, are all worthy of tens for introducing new mechanics within the Zelda Series. Twilight Princess on the other hand was basically a poor version of Ocarina of Time. They took more mechanics out than added. But after playing Skyward Sword, the Sour Taste that was Twilight Princess is gone. Skyward Sword is truly the definitive Zelda and is worthy of Praise. I got a good 70 hours of the game and its well worth its asking price. Expand
  101. Aug 4, 2012
    I have a soft spot for Zelda from way back, this game cured me of it. Probably the most frustrating thing is sitting through constant dialogue screens. You cannot fast forward them and have to sit as page after page of boring inane rubbish (gee you look good in that green uniform...click A for next). And the text just crawls slowly across the screen. Waiting, waiting, click A.I have a soft spot for Zelda from way back, this game cured me of it. Probably the most frustrating thing is sitting through constant dialogue screens. You cannot fast forward them and have to sit as page after page of boring inane rubbish (gee you look good in that green uniform...click A for next). And the text just crawls slowly across the screen. Waiting, waiting, click A. Waiting, waiting, Click A.

After that terrible bird race, you have to jump off a tower and land inside a circle. If you miss the circle...then try again. Well, try again after sitting through 5 screens of Zelda telling you how to do it, the text just crawls and you cannot fast foward. Ugh. This is even more frustrating than the terrible controls.

#1 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2011
#1 Most Shared Wii Game of 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Overall, this is the best experience I've had playing a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time and I'd have to say they are pretty equal in my opinion. Either way, you won't be disappointed getting this game, it's a masterpiece.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    New Zelda is the best game of whole series since the groundbreaking Ocarina of Time. It is a true masterpiece with uncompromising playability. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    A magnificent homage for the 25th anniversary of one the biggest franchises in gaming, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword provides a compelling gaming and artistic showcase for the indefatigable potential of the medium as a whole, and a reason to have gaming as a hobby.