9.0

1. Aug 21, 2010
    Just flawless. Superb story, superb gameplay, keeps surprising. It's fresh but nostalgic. Certainly one of the best games I've ever played. My only gripe is that once you have completed it 100%, it doesn't offer too many incentives to continue playing.
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess was my first Zelda ever, and thus, it definitely caused an impact on me. It immediately make me a fan of the series since. The game is simply beautiful, both on its scale and story, and it is without a doubt one of the best games I have ever played. It is probably the longest and most rewarding game I also happen to come across. Every bit of it is jolt with such perfection that it is simply incredible. It may not have some of the amazing creativity and innovation of the latest Skyward Sword, but I do guess it is rounded with a little bit more of heart, when you look at how long and simply flawless it is. The story, full of lovely characters is one not to be forgotten and it really makes you feel like the like the hero, the one and only, hero of time! Another Nintendo masterpiece! Expand
  3. Jun 26, 2011
    I already did a review of Twilight Princess before but this one is a full, kind of detailed review. Twilight Princess is in my top 5 Legend Of Zelda games, before Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time and Windwaker. Though one of the easiest Zelda games, the sheer length and size of the game, engaging storyline, unique characters and entertainment value are the factors that makes it such a great game. I have played this game both on the Wii and the Gamecube version but in my opinion, the Wii port is much more intuitive. The motion controls are pitch perfect and it does feel like your are slashing a sword. The story is much darker than other Zelda games, probably as dark as Majora's Mask. Midna the imp is one of the greatest sidekick characters you will have, up there with King of the Red Lions and Princess Zelda herself. Graphics wise, the game has a unique and great looking art design, reminiscent of OoT. My one tiny complain about this game is its sub-par musical score. The use of MIDI is great on sound effects and subtle sounds cues but as a whole score, it doesn't work as well albeit being a really grand size game. If you have a Wii, definitely get it as it is the one of the first great Wii games and if you have a Gamecube, it is an essential as it is the great final swansong for Nintendo's fourth console. Expand
  4. Oct 19, 2010
    An amazing story, jaw-dropping gameplay, interesting puzzles, great music, addicting minigames, and classic Zelda design; this is one of the best games on the Wii and quite possibly the greatest Zelda yet.
  5. Apr 26, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = One of my personal favorite action adventure games. Very well designed and extremely addictive.
  6. Nov 6, 2010
    Screw Ocarina, this is the best game ever. If I'm asked to recommend either the Wii or GC version though, I'd pick the original GC one. It isn't 'mirrored' like the Wii version is, and the controls won't leave you with an aching arm.

You simply can't go wrong with TP. It is by far the best video game ever made, surpassing even the greats like Metal Gear Solid 3 and Super Mario Galaxy 2.
  7. Jun 22, 2011
    Best Zelda Period! thats all you need to know to buy this game and while it isn't perfect, it's still a great game! so if your still wondering you, need to have this game on your wii. it's a must have!
  8. Mar 18, 2013
    The only Zelda to match Oot. A huge epic experience. Unfortunetly better on the Gamecube because of camera control, but this was my favorite game ever for a while.
  9. Jan 3, 2011
    Nintendo did it again! Iam a zelda fanatic since ocarina of time and i must say that twilight princess is really awesome and well worth buying. Iam really happy that Nintendo kept some of the classic ocarina of time songs within the dungeons it really brought up old good memories. This game is certainly a must buy for everyone that loves adventure type games. Thank you Nintendo!
  10. Nov 6, 2011
    This is the best zelda game, nay, the greatest Nintendo game. I think that the gamecube version is better than the Wii's, but maybe it's just me. This game is everything that I loved about Ocarina of Time, but with new gameplay, characters, and just awesomeness. Get it if you don't already have it.
  11. Apr 17, 2011
    ive played this game and beat it around 3 or 4 times, yet i find my self stretching my arms, and getting a snack and drink ready when encountering a boss. i still can go in my room and beat it and get a feeling of self satisfaction doing it. top 10 games for sure
  12. Aug 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Need I say Anything about Twilight Princess It's a master Piece for the Wii alongside other Early Wii Lauch titles like Sonic and the Secret Rings, Super Mario Galaxy, Rayman Raving Rabbids and Resident Evil 4. Expand
  13. Jun 11, 2011
    Of all Zelda games this is by far the most cinematic. The scenes and landscapes are amazing, and so are the character, monster and level designs. This, unlike the previous installments of Zelda since Majora's Mask, is quite dark - so dark and texturally realistic that it is the first in the series to get a T-Rating (which by today's standards isn't saying much, but still). When I first played this game I thought it was amazing and thought it had a perfect length and everything (this was back in 2006), but then when I beat it, I was - and sadly, still am - disappointed by the abrupt ending. This is really the game's only flaw. Beyond that, the controls are perfectly workable for the Wii (The Gamecube version is equally easy, the only difference is the fact that the map is mirrored and you don't aim with a Wii-mote) Okay, but back to the cinematic quality - it's amazing, and it takes Zelda to a new level that it hasn't been at before. I mean previous games have been great visually, but this is masterful like a Kurosawa movie with the vast landscapes used in the scenes and the use of nature. Also, again, like previous games, the lore is very original, and keeps introducing new things about the series which keeps it all very interesting. It's by far the best Wii game I've ever played (unfortunately the majority of Wii games are crappy board game rip offs or carnival mini-games). Another minor thing about this game that ticked me off a little bit was the shortness of the levels and the fact that the bosses aren't much of a challenge, but the game is extremely entertaining. It's sort of like a mix of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask in the sense that there are lots of dungeons and a really long story to follow to beat the game, but there are also many side-quests you can do and there's a Cave of Ordeals similar to that in Wind Waker and Majora's Mask (except this one is much more challenging than both). Expand
  14. Oct 20, 2011
    9.5 rounds up to a 10. One of the best Wii games around: long and engaging story line, beautiful surroundings, great music and a wide variety of enemies. The game plays fantastic and never gets boring due to collectibles and minigames. Only downside might be the iffy camera at times.
  15. Feb 17, 2013
    At first the game darkness and the whole beast link human link might seem weird, but as the game goes on, everything is just spectacular... cinematography, gameplay, puzzles... the whole history makes a lot of sense at the end (while in the beginning you might feel lost and wondering why do you actually have to play as a wolf). At the end, you'll feel like you have truly finished a legend. Cannot think of negative aspects of this game, blew me out! And it just gets better and better... Expand
  16. Aug 19, 2011
    Zelda games are the best out there. The only reason someone can dislike Zelda is because they are either to stupid to solve the puzzles or they are the kind of gamer who only craves violence. Every Zelda game 10/10. They are the best games of all time, and no one can question that.
  17. Sep 10, 2011
    Like many of its predecessors, the game features brilliant level design, and ingenious use of the puzzles and acquired items. There is a part where you use Iron Boots to hang upside down from a giant magnet and shoot enemies! In the 2nd level! The whole game is a joy to play, and yes while it is a little easy and predictable, there are certainly challenges and frustrating parts. And while the 'world' lacks a little atmosphere, the temples are immersive with great music and superb graphics. It is certainly not BORING! How can shooting orcs with an on-screen bow-and-arrow target be called boring? So just play it and let it take over your life for a couple of days! Expand
  18. Nov 8, 2011
    I loved it! Not as good as The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, but better than The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The series still feels like new even after this game. The series will only get better from here!
  19. Nov 23, 2011
    The closest thing to an Ocarina remake, sure It was well different in many aspects, but the visual and dungeon style and just the overall feel was a well welcomed return to Ocarina imo. only thing to let it down was the poor wii motion controls at the time, but I won't hold the game responsible for the hardware. Epic adventure.
  20. Nov 15, 2011
    Its an amazing game, with a awesome original score solid gameplay and dungeons and a really well written storyline. It isn't my favorite zelda game but it is still amazing
  21. Nov 15, 2011
    Not as revolutionary as Ocarina of Time, but still shines very well and is possibly the definitive Zelda title. Packed with deep gameplay made famous by Ocarina of Time, a dark, well written story, great content, and amazing soundtrack, this is a game any gamer at all will not want to miss. Anybody that doesn't have a Nintendo console, go buy a Gamecube or Wii, and play this game.
  22. Nov 16, 2011
    A game that is as near to perfection as a wii game is possible to get. The storyline was fantastic. and expanded on the game play of OOT. The appearance of the regular series villain was also good to see. The art direction was a nice choice on the part of Nintendo, giving fans the more cinematic approach they really wanted, after the Wind Waker's cartoony look. the only downside to that was that being a wii Game it did not have HD capabilities meaning jagged edges and blurriness. The only faults the game has is being too easy, apart from that the level designs are excellent, and the bosses are fun. I had a jolly good time playing it! Expand
  23. Nov 16, 2011
    Every Zelda has insanely high expectations and tough criticism. This is a great game but not an elite game in the storied franchise. I thoroughly enjoyed TP, but it seemed to rely to much on the past. It began with a painfully slow start but was great once you got into the meat of the game. The overworld is huge with tons of land to explore and I really enjoyed the art style. I wish I could have seen more innovation and a bigger evolution for the Zelda franchise. It is still probably one of the best games on Wii that doesn't have the word Galaxy in it. Expand
  24. Nov 16, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda continues to delight fans throughout the years. Twilight Princess is no exception. Although the graphics and sound may be disappointing to many in 2011, the entertaining story and exciting dungeons are enough to make this a must-play title.
  25. Nov 18, 2011
    one of the best games ever,and I mean great! geinus darker adaptation to the series.awsome game, way better than wind waker and oringinal zelda's game.gameplay was new and I liked that even though it made link look like a girl.
  26. Jun 10, 2012
  27. Nov 21, 2011
    First off: All those people that rated bad I cant blame you your just pissed that you couldn't figure out the controls, or had enough talent to finish the game so you rate it bad because you have suckish hand-eye coordination, it's understandable.
    Second: The graphic are amazing in this game. The best Zelda so far, to be honest. Windwaker had more animation then Zelda Twilight Princess and
    I enjoy really realistic games. Third: All those people who talk about the wolf form and how Link gets stuck in wolf form, well thats part of the plot dumbo, he's supposed to. That is what is supposed to happen and I also like being in wolf form and how you can have night vision and stuff
    Forth: Whoever says that some of the ideas of Twilight Princess are copied from other Zeldas, well why not take a few things here and there to spice it up? Zelda is all one big series and it's not barbaric to take a few ideas from other Zelda games, geesh.
    Fifth: One last thing, if you can;t finish the game, don;t blame it on the controls, because to be honest it's just you screwing up and getting agitated because you don't have enough strategic skill to complete the game.
  28. Nov 22, 2011
    A gamer since I was 8, at 31 I'm still a die-hard Zelda fan... Since the Legend of Link on the NES back in 88, I've followed the Legends of Zelda through time, loving every game more than the last - Twilight Princess is the best game I have ever played. Then played again. And again.
  29. Sep 29, 2012
    Ocarina you can such it...this is the best Zelda game of all time. This is one hell of a game and to go in on every detail would take forever. This feels very much like ocarina with the added difference of the Twilight. Now this is dark compared to windwaker this could be resident evil. If you want this is further darkened by the fact that in this game there is no voice acting. This could be one of the downfalls, I think its time for Nintendo to move on. The wii controls are a total enchantments to the experience and helps in every way. You don't control every move but its better than a button in every way. With all the advantages of the wii nothing beats the shooting mechanics and its accuracy. The wolf is also a great addition giving different gameplay opportunities that Link did not offer....it also helps with travelling later on which could get tedious. The game is epic to say the least, not to mention the vast amount of side quests on offer you could spend hours on the game and didn't even touch the main story line. The dungeons are also awesome some of them similar to ocarina but revamped. This is the Zelda universe but a re imagined and alive one. The game will test you especially when it comes to puzzles and all round adventuring, I would have liked a more challenging bosses but that is a small one because all the rest makes up for it. The game also happens to look beautiful which obviously adds to the credentials. The whole game runs smoothly keeping in mind that this is the biggest game in Zelda history. The cinematic could be better but this is again nit-picking at an impressive graphical presentation. When it comes to music its a missed one the orchestrated sections are perfect but the ones with the keyboards are just annoying. On the whole Twilight princess is one of the greatest games I ever played. This is a must own if you have a wii. Expand
  30. Dec 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first Zelda experience on Wii is masterful. The pace of the game in the beginning is rather slow, however, when the game picks up you may not want to put the Wii controller and Nunchuck down. The game features the best visuals in a Zelda game. Memorable boss fights and difficult quests do not fail to impress. The franchise villain makes an unexpected drop in near the very end that is sure to excite any fan of the series. Expand

An excellent addition (and homage to "Ocarina") to the franchise, and you'll have an enormous amount of fun playing it from start to finish. Get over the fact that the Wii's hardware is simply not as powerful as the other next-gen machines and get into the fact that Twilight Princess is one of the best games you'll play this year.
  2. It truly is, in my opinion, the best and longest Zelda ever made. With nearly 70 hours of playtime committed and more still to do, I cant think of a better experience or value this holiday season.
    Truly fantastic. It's not a reinvention of the genre like Ocarina was -- but it's much better, because it takes all its predecessors' raw ideas, perfects them, and creates an experience that's at once new and familiar. It's rare to find a launch game that truly justifies the purchase of a new console, but this is precisely that.