The Sims 3 Wii

2.5

1. Dec 26, 2010
    Horrible controls with the wii-chucks and tends to be laggy for some reason. But game play is easy and entertaining though. If it keeps the wife and kid happy who am I to complain.
  2. Apr 22, 2011
    Ok, I agree with you guys now, this game sucks, but you can still get SOME fun out of it before it breaks on you, and while some parts are very well done, like being at your job and social interactions, most of the game is a big buggy mess.
  3. Jul 25, 2013
    The Sims 3 is a fun game, but, it is glitchy, and, for those of us that are using the Wii version and don't have a Wii internet connection, there isn't even the slightest hope to get a fixed version. Some of the glitches I have gotten while playing this game are that: after a certain amount of time, even if you have enough space and money, you aren't allowed to buy anything; things can getThe Sims 3 is a fun game, but, it is glitchy, and, for those of us that are using the Wii version and don't have a Wii internet connection, there isn't even the slightest hope to get a fixed version. Some of the glitches I have gotten while playing this game are that: after a certain amount of time, even if you have enough space and money, you aren't allowed to buy anything; things can get stuck under the fridge and cause the fridge to be permanently shut, along with being unable to move or sell the fridge; my sims not being able to enter the restaurant, even when it's 24 hours a day, and, there are probably many more I am missing. It's not the worst game ever, and it's certainly addictive, but becomes very frustrating when you have to drive to the fancy restaurant every single time you want to feed your sims, or else force your vegetarians to get sick eating hot dogs. Expand
  4. Jul 13, 2013
    Now they've fixed almost all of the bugs. The framerate is so bad that its working my wii to the max. If you build walls on the inside with doors they will not be able to get through. If they did added all features like they did for PC, it would make the wii suffer. Don't buy it. Might be rentable.
  5. Apr 23, 2011
    Ok, I was really looking forward to playing this game but I was very disappointed.
    1. Restrictions on building a house that you selected were lame. I couldn't add a second floor when I wanted to.
    2. The interactive jobs were cool at first, but as soon as I had more than one sim under my control I found that the AI for non controlled sims wasn't very smart. Most of the time I would come back to starving sims or sims that had to pee very badly, but they decided they would rather stand at the mirror practicing their speeches. Also, the AI for coming home from jobs wasn't very well done. Once, I forgot about my male sim finishing up his work day and found him 5 hours later walking home with a "Had a great nap!" green mood thing.. so apparently he had a nice nap somewhere outside of his home.. hmmm..
    3. The next thing I had a problem with is the pregnancy, my sim was pregnant with her first child for a day and he completely skipped baby and toddler years. Then, for the second baby she didn't even wait for the day... they were barely done doing their "woohoo" when I got the notification that she was going to the hospital (maybe it was because I fast forwarded through most of the woohooing? did no one at EA games test fast forwarding through the woohoo???).
    4. Another bug, I left a guy in my sim's house because she had to go to work, and when I got back he was gone as expected (in previous games guests just get bored/angry and leave after a while). So, when I tried inviting him back over the next day he didn't show up (and this repeated several more times). So basically I lost a sim...
    5. Other miscellaneous bugs I found was that fast forwarding at the start of an action would actually cause that action to take *more* time. By this I mean that they would stand around for 30-60min (fast forwarded time) before actually starting the action I told them to do. I found myself timing the fast forward after a while. Also, minor bug but I was very disappointed that something so simple wouldn't have been fixed.. when several carpools arrived at once the cars would stack ontop of each other so you could see one car and the backend of another.

To summarize, this game was very buggy which is very disappointing... EA, I expected a lot better out of this game. Also, the mechanics were not very well thought out (pregnancy mainly), and also the interactive jobs got more annoying as I kept playing. The AI could have been programmed a lot better, and building could have had major improvements. Overall I am very very disappointed with this game, especially after having so much fun with The Sims 1 and 2 for PC. Maybe the PC version of this game was better developed.. I hope so.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    Mar 6, 2011
    Simply drawing four walls to make make a room takes you an eternity. [Jan 2011, p.77]
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    Feb 6, 2011
    Clumsily executed port. [Christmas 2010, p.60]
  3. Jan 3, 2011
    Featuring an open gameplay, fans will like the new features and oversee the technical disaster.